Name: Aurora WindHarp
Height: 5'6
Weight: 130 lbs
Eyes: Blue
Class: Cleric
Her staff made of wood and stone
image.jpg
Origin: Colliope
Bio: Aurora lived in Colliope with her family, very close to the sea which was normal for a family of Colliope. Her father was a fisherman bringing in coin with treasures from the sea, her mother a cleric much like herself, who had taught her from a young age. She had gre up in Colliope her whole life. Okay maybe she hadn't of ever left her home nation but that didn't stop her from learning to read maps and learning about the geography of Tenn.
Of course living by the sea could get dangerous, what with the occasional sea monster, tsunamis and hurricanes that didn't get caught and delt with by mages or beast killers.
Aurora to her displeasure had to face a similar situation. At the age of 22 her home village was hit by a devastating hurricane that took her parents lives along with most of the village. The damage was severe and horrific. After things had calmed down two weeks later of rebuilding and the many burials that took place she decided that maybe it was time to leave Colliope and see the rest of the continent herself. After taking the necessary supplies and coin she left heading north east. Wondering at her own pace living freely from the laws and restraints of Colliope.
image.jpg
Her God artifacts
image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    563.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm interested in making a Malekith, is there any cultural/extra information I should be aware of, or can I just throw stuff at the wall and assume it sticks?

I am still here, waiting for Tempa. I can't help answer Vietmyke's question because I myself do not know the answer.

I myself have questions of my own. I need information of the kind of magics in Tenna. What fuels the magic and how are spell casted? I have ideas of my own which i will elaborate later. I hope it doesn't contradict with the logic of the world created.

Same here, if I'm to be a cleric I would like some info as well.

I am very interested in this it has been a while since I did any heavy fantasy rp such as this. :)

Hullo. Geez, it's only been a day, let a growing boy get some shut eye, will you. lol Don't worry, after tonight I'll be off from work for three days straight. As to answer your questions, here I go:

So I'm interested in making a Malekith, is there any cultural/extra information I should be aware of, or can I just throw stuff at the wall and assume it sticks?
Did you watch Thor The Dark World? Much of the inspiration for the Malekith came from the dark elves from that movie. They are a secluded race, heavily prejudiced and stuck in their ways, and it should be mentioned that the Malekith attempted to invade the whole of Tenna some thousand years ago. They would have succeeded and dominated the land if not for a last ditch combined effort by the eleven nations who, at the time, were not eleven nations but one. The invasion, though eventually repelled, splintered the old united empire, and cast very a deep hatred for the Malekith amongst almost all of Tenna's populace.

Fortunately, the Malekith almost exclusively used slow moving sky-barges, dispensed from their motherships, of which they had three. Very few ground forces were deployed. No one living today knows what a Malekith looks like underneath their armor, but their armor alone provokes both fear and animosity among those learned folks and older men and women of the land. Their technology, quite obviously, was ahead at least two hundred years beyond anything the Tennan people were capable of producing, and are still producing advanced machinery and engineering works into their flotillas and sky-cities. They derive their valuable crafting materials, sustenance, and whatever else the ground-folk need to live up above the clouds, and possibly beyond. No one stuck on land knows how the Malekith survive up there, but there are theories.

Ten Thousand years ago, a great empire known as the Tanlier stretched across the length of Tenna, and they ruled supreme. Every Tanliern citizen were essentially each a nation unto themselves, demi-gods of unparalleled strength. Their minds would alien to mortal beings such as you or I, and their methods were cruel, and unforgivable. They enslaved the lesser races, and all was but a dreary gray dream until the Power Nine of the future Auralien Empire landed on the southern shores of Tenna. The resulting hundred year war freed the people of Tenna and nearly wiped out the once thought omnipotent Tanlier, except for a few. The Tanlier emperor and his fiercest, most loyal soldiers and vassals escaped in their glorious citadel before the Power Nine ousted them. The citadel was an enormous live-ship (say Live as in "Live" TV, not Live in "Living"), and they floated into the sky, never to be seen again.

Except, until the Malekith found the Live-Ship, and were changed forever.

I myself have questions of my own. I need information of the kind of magics in Tenna. What fuels the magic and how are spell casted? I have ideas of my own which i will elaborate later. I hope it doesn't contradict with the logic of the world created.

Magic is fueled by one's knowledge, self-worth, and their will. Self worth might sound weird, but the way in which a person in Tenna views themselves and their actions drastically change the outcome of spells and other types of sorcery they intend to use. I'll leave that open ended for you to work around ;)

There are literally hundreds of schools of magic, and there is really nothing you could do to contradict anything. Sorcery is derived from many winds of magic, many schools, many sources, many gods. It's a... Malleable thing, capable of being woven, stretched, bent and broken. New kinds of magic are founded often, but not often without a certain kind of danger attached to it. One must be very careful, because in Tenna, magic can and will kill you if you aren't careful. Many people of Tenna outright fear sorcerers, and sometimes even clerics, for the devastation they are capable of bringing down of the.

Most sorcerer's require an implement to cast. Be it staves, orbs, rods, or wands, without one of these things, they are helpless.

Divine clerics need chimes, bells, tokens of their god, or more commonly a "Holy Symbol" which is a depiction of their religion's holy icon, or an idol of their deity.

Druidic Clerics need only to have a small sample of "Nature" on them. A leaf, an acorn, a tree branch, etc. Though be warned, more powerful druidic spells consume the environment of their health and vitality. You are drawing from the power of the land around you, and overuse can potentially kill the very thing you're trying to protect.

Edit: Excellent character Shinari. I wonder though, for a people so enamored with the sea, hard to believe they'd let themselves get outwitted by it so easily.

Reactions: Shade_XY
Thank you for the cleric explanation it helps a lot.

Although my character is far away from being a sorcerer, I should still enlighten you of my idea, and some are "inspired" by mangas, animes, and books.

I empasis that this is only my idea or proposal. I would only use this idea if it is allowed and accepted.

For starters, my idea of sorcerer's spells are casted through spoken words of power which are derived from ancient forgotten language. It is similar to the fantasy fiction of knowing ones true name would cause the one to ultimately follow the order of the one who speak their name. This is the reason for why intelligence is needed in casting spells. Words need to be learned and memorized. Sentences needed to be created. The more powerful the spell, the more words is needed. But by simply chanting the spell would not work. Will is needed to guide the spell. The meaning of the words must be known or else the spell will not happen.

What power spells of sorcerers are not muscles or stamina or even chi, but spiritual energy. There are spiritual energy reserve in ones body. Overexertion of the body's spiritual energy may lead to death. That is why some sorcerers store spiritual energies in gems. Gems can be crushed and made into body tattoos, to make it easier for sorcerers to move around. Have you ever seen a person with crazy face tattoos? Yes you do. I know you do.

Spiritual energy is like oxygen in the air but it is thin, which makes it difficult to be used directly. It is inhaled through the pores of the skin, slowly replenishing ones spiritual energy. It can also be condensed into liquid form called ether. Consuming ether can instantly replenish ones spiritual energy in a large amount. A person can get addicted to ether as is a kind of drug. Withdrawal of ether is similar to other drug addiction withdrawal.

Staves and wands are a sorcerer's catalyst. It is easier to guide a spell with them. But an experienced sorcerer can still cast spells without the use of catalysts, only not as easy.

Once again, this is just my idea. And writing on a small phone is quite irritating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely accepted. Words of power are usually reserved for thd most ancient, bizarre or downright taboo of magics, and are absolutely considered a branch of sorcery. I am glad you have taken the time to think this up.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
My character is so plain compared to all the other ones but then again ,there's got to be some simple people in this fictional world too .

Ehhh i might as well throw this in, What about Psionics... Cause I may or may not be interesting in making a psychic

Ehhh i might as well throw this in, What about Psionics... Cause I may or may not be interesting in making a psychic

Psionics are a throwback to the first men who walked these very shores eons ago. The Devlan mystics are almost exclusively populated by psionics, some more so than others, to their dismay.

ah man im sorry nothing has come to mind maybe later thanks for the chance take care

Absolutely accepted. Words of power are usually reserved for thd most ancient, bizarre or downright taboo of magics, and are absolutely considered a branch of sorcery. I am glad you have taken the time to think this up.
Then I shall use this fictional idea in the future, if we have the chance. :)

My character is so plain compared to all the other ones but then again ,there's got to be some simple people in this fictional world too .
I think your character is very solid and sets a good example of the quality and thought we should expect from characters in this RP.

And now after learning about the Malekith I'm kind of second guessing my want to play them... I was hoping for a more happy-go-lucky and exotic race..

Looking forward in seeing your character, whatever its race is, Vietmyke :D

I think your character is very solid and sets a good example of the quality and thought we should expect from characters in this RP.

And now after learning about the Malekith I'm kind of second guessing my want to play them... I was hoping for a more happy-go-lucky and exotic race..
Lol sorry to disappoint. There really isn't any happy-feels in this world.
Your character is fine just the way he is <3 Only thing that matters is how you play him.

I will create the IC as soon as Vietmyke makes a character, or if not, within the next few hours.

Oh.. Shit.. We're waiting on me?

uhhh....

uhhh....

takes me a couple hours to write a character..

Well, we don't have a thiefy type character yet, so I can whip one of those up

Status
Not open for further replies.