LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Online Availability
(Sometimes during work if we are slow) after work and weekends :)
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Most any. Love historical, scifi, and fantasy mostly.
A God is born continued

Something washed over the family as the new challenger entered. Ay suddenly felt uneasy and anxious and shifted in her chair while Ayrin sat forward and began to pay close attention to the games. Kria, on the other hand, stared in wonder at the foreigner - she had never seen anything like the mask or the clothes he was wearing before. Her wonder became awe as she watched him overcome challenge after challenge and for once the games gripped her in interest. She had never seen anyone this strong or talented other than her brother and by the end of it all she was wondering if even Ayrin could be defeated by him.

As the man tested the gods' patience Ayrin seethed in anger. He heard his father's words but lacked the self-control to obey them. Standing up Ayrin dawned his gilded helmet that covered much of his face before starting to leave - Ay placed a hand on his shoulder as if to tell him that he didn't have to do this - there was no obligation for the gods to partake in the competitions, but Ayrin just pulled his shoulder away in his anger and stepped out of their box before making his way down into the coliseum. A large gate opened on the far side and Ayrin stepped out brandishing a 'competitor's sword' that were used for these competitions. One had been given to Seti before his entry into the ring as well, they were weighted exactly like fine crafted swords but the edges were rounded and dulled to prevent death.

Ay sank back in her seat, clearly more than a little annoyed, and couldn't bring herself to make eye contact with Krom. Her son was perfect in every way so what did she have to worry about.....?
Meanwhile, Kria felt her heart racing now - the mysterious man had bested all challengers before and showed immense power but now her brother took the stand. She didn't know who to root for and who to worry for at this point. SHe loved her brother but whoever was behind that mask had already begun to win her affections. She turned and looked at her parents,"Stop him-" But Ay cut her off harshly,"Your brother knows what he is doing and he will not fail." Ay was rather curt but it was clearly because she was anxious. What if a god was defeated by a mortal in front of their entire city? What would happen to the people's faith? What would that say about their gods? Her son was too perfect to be defeated anyway - but what if he was?

As the gate opened and Ayrin walked out the crowds erupted in cheers and cries of affection for their god. He smiled and waved to his people before looking at Seti. "You have defeated all the competitors but your pride has won you nothing but a new combatant." He spoke to Seti directly but he addressed the crowd. They laughed and cheered as his confidence, surely no one would defeat him but it would be a good show. "But have it your way- Arbiter! Count us down!" The arbiter was a referee of sorts and he quickly ran out, raising his hand between the two men. Ayrin readied his Competitor's Sword and his shield as he dug his heels into the ground ready to attack.

"3....2....1...." The Arbiter blew the horn loudly and the crowd erupted in cheers as he rushed out of the way and Ayrin charged head on for his opponent. They crossed swords immediately and held it there, one trying to force the other back or his sword out of the way, until finally, they pushed back. Their swords clashed time after time, their shields bashed together, again and again, it was as if they were totally equally matched and of one mind as they practically mirrored each other. The challenge went on, one man overtaking the other for one moment then back again and it was clear the crowds had a favorite as they cheered for their god when he did well.

As the sun set torches were lit all around the city and here in the Coliseum but as the last of the sun's rays disappeared a series of loud horns were blown signaling the end of the tournament. A silver glaive came down between the men causing both of their swords to hit it instead of each other and pushing them back in silvery light. Kria stepped forward in between them revealing she had stopped them. Ayrin breathed hard as he tried to come off the adrenalin and glared at his sister in the midst of his anger. "This is one of the best tournaments the tides have seen for a long time!" The crowd cheered and Kria motioned to the arbiter who came and brought a silver crown of laurel leaves. Taking the crown she looked at the mysterious challenger. "In the spirit of the Deyus Tides we welcome you stranger. In these times we remember - we hate from fear. And we fight from hate - but peace can be attained through love for our fellow man. This time every year we reflect on what we have lost and how it has changed us. We pray for the souls of loved ones and look for their sacrifice to be honored. You have won this year's tournament as it is not for the gods to partake - Please. Remove your mask so that I may bestow the Crown of Tides, and with it our blessings, upon you. You take with it the responsibility that the strong have to protect the weak, and that we all have to protect peace."

• Love
Reactions: TallDarknBeastly
Krom was not pleased by his sons arrogance but he did not stop him. He knew his strength and how Ayrin had always felt the need to test himself. Krom would let out a heavy sigh sitting back in his chair watching as his son entered the arena. He saw the way Kira was looking at the stranger and her brother ready to clash. Slightly raising an eyebrow to see how she was almost mesmerized by the challenger in the mask. Intriguing was the word that came to mind.

Seti watched as the confident youngblood god came out to address his people. He did not respond to his remarks. It was the pride of the gods that he wished to challenge his strength. Seti wasted no time clash with Ayrin as he matched his strikes perfectly. he believed he would have won if Kira did not intervene. He was impressed as Kira had more power than she had shown. Atleast he is now face to face with both of Krom's children. His revenge so close and yet so far. It was not time yet. He had to keep up his charades and win their affections.

After her speech and bringing out the crown, Seti took a moment in silence before dropping his sword. He then slowly removed his mask to reveal his face at last. Dark but smooth olive skin tone like his mother. His hair long and black. Face looked strong but fair. (like his father). But was most revealing was his eyes. Bright golden brown eyes with a hint of orange like a sunset. Fiery and piercing. He was indeed a handsome and almost intimidating.

Then moment Krom looked upon his face he felt an unpleasant notion in his gut. A chill crawl up his spine. Those eyes. They looked familiar to him. And his face made him uneasy. But he wasn't sure why. He could not focus on anything else but those eyes sneering and almost glaring intently. Not yet aware of who he was or how he would affect his daughter by seeing his face.

Seti looked to Kira making intense eye contact before bowing his head. "My Lady, it is truly and honor to be standing in your presence. But forgive me that I feel unworthy of such a blessing. I have came hear to test my strength, I was selfish and not knowing the true meaning of such a tradition. Your words of peace and love and truly that of wisdom. Your brother was the strongest I have ever fought. I am truly humbled." Taking a knee he bowed again waiting for Kira to place her judgment.

Kria retained her composure with a gentle smile as she waited for the stranger to reveal the man behind the mask, literally. But Ayrin was still breathing hard as he sheathed his sword and gave the crowd a nod and a smile, although up close it was easy to see it was forced and a little bitter. As the mask came off Kria couldn't help but to pause a moment as her clear, perfect blue eyes met his own that seemed to burn. After a moment she realized she had paused a second too long before resuming her smile and shaking her head. The crown of silver leaves was rested upon his head by the gentle, feminine touch of Kria. Motioning for him to get up she took his hands boldly and unafraid despite his brutality in the games. "Don't be silly. You've won't this by your own accomplishments but if you'd care to stay and learn more about this sacred festival, you have won the place of honor in the feast tonight."

Another round of cheers from the audience and soon they all began to file out slowly. Ayrin turned to leave but as he did he stopped and glanced over his shoulder. "Kria - it's time to go." "Ah! - oh!" Glancing over her shoulder Kria gasped as she remembered her brother was there. Nodding quickly she turned to the man once again, her eyes meeting his own - so blue that it was as if they were portals to the ocean. The smallest raise of her eyebrows, the slightest blush on her cheek asked the question before it was out of her mouth. Her body language asking before she did. "Are you coming?"

Ayrin stood and watched the two, looking past his sister to the stranger for his answer, Kris's hopeful eyes staying on his own as she held her breath softly in anticipation for the answer.

Seti was pleasantly surprised by Kira's touch. Her hands were soft and tender to his as she helped him rise to his feet. They felt warm. Though he lived in hot deserts he never felt this kind of warm from hands before. She had offered him to join in the festival. To think they would welcome a stranger so willingly. Everything was going according to plan. It was enough to make me him grin as he accepted her invitation following her to the festival.

Krom standing up after watching his daughter display such grace and honor in the ceremonies. "Once again Kria showing such wisdom beyond her years. Was grace of divinity had placed with me such a wonderful daughter. Ay my dear, your son has too much passion in his heart. If only his temper would be could be balanced. But this new stranger to out land. There is something about him. My sight has become obstructed by him. Something strange yet familiar. I suppose time will reveal this young man's intentions. What do you think?" he said looking to her?

At watched the scene unfold, her hands gripping the railing in front of them. Kria was right to have broken up the fight but for some reason it rubbed At the wrong way. Something about all of this lit lightning in her blood but she didn't know why.
Hesitating a moment she took a breath before turning back to Krom, clearly frustrated by the situation. "I don't know what to think....." She sighed finally. Her first instinct was to defend her son but her daughter was right to honor their acceptance. And Krom was right to wait to pass judgement. It wasn't normal for Ay to be put unease with such haste but ever since the incident she could be a little defensive of Ayrin.

"But we will learn more about him at the feast I suppose." Walking over she smiled gently at him and took his arm into her own. Feeling the same helplessness that he did - but hoping for the best. But even after all these years her skin was still just as soft and glowing as ever and her heart still raced when she felt his strong arms.

Kria waited to walk in with Seti to show him to their seats. He would share a feast at the dining table in the grand dining hall. Filled with good for the temple priests and the royal family. Truly a great banquet for anyone to attend. The sun was setting and a soft breeze blew threw the windows casting the darker purple light through flowing sheer curtains. The hall lit up with ornate sconces carved into the wall. Kria showed Seti to his seat. Taking a bottle of wine before them she filled his glass, a sign of a friendly respect in their culture - although too often and it starts to seem flirtatious.

Ayrin took his seat and watched - not surprised by his sister's friendly demeanor but looking forward to when this would be over.

"So, Seti - tell me where you hail from. I have never seen a mask such as yours. I must say it kept me quite mystified." Well spoken and witty in addition to her fair, perfect skin and platinum strawberry hair. And this near perfect creature was pouring him a drink. Showing a warm interest in him.

Ayrin let a friend next to him fill his cup and turned to talk with him. The seats at the head of the table were empty for now and reserved for Krom and Ay's entrance.

But for now the feast went on!

• Love
Seti followed Kria to to the banquet hall where they would sit before an grand feast of the most decadent of delicacies. He could not deny that he was impressed but deep down was detested. These spoiled gods living in luxury while he and his mother suffered the torment of decay. He has lived through starvation and forced to steal and kill to survive. None of these people have ever went hungry a day in their life. This enforced the belief that his mother instilled in him. That the gods are weak and deserve his wrath upon them. But not yet...

Catching the attention of this beautiful young goddess, Seti would sit remaining poised and calm. He would omit a strong aura of confidence and mystery as he turned his attention to Kria. He could sense her interest in him. If he could keep up his charade it will get him much closer to Krom. He smiled and nodded as she poured him the drink. The light reflected well off his smooth dark carmelized skin as he took the cup. " I hail from the Path of the Sun. My people are nomads whole follow wherever the sun leads them. My mask is meant to reflect what gifts the sun provided me on my travels. Warriors that trained and adapt to the elements. The mask of Suxlii, the sun god." Seti would sew his story to Kria. "Have you ever traveled outside the city, Lady Kria?" he would ask her.

Meanwhile Krom would hold his beloved's arm as they would approach the banquet. He smiled as he felt such warmth and tenderness holding her hand. Even after all these years his love for her grew strong. As they entered the halls they were promptly announced as the royal family stood following everyone else in the room. "Hail Krom, Hail Ay, The Godparents of us all." as they were introduced the crowds cheered welcoming their most loved and respected creators. For they laid the foundations of this civilization and guided them to what is today. They went to their seats and when they sat down do did everyone else.

When they entered the room Seti immediately locked his gaze on them. There he was...the man who took everything from him and his mother. So close now. So close to revenge and yet so far. How he hoped to relish the moment when his blade would pierce the "Godfather's" throat.

Kria set the wine aside and listened as he told her where he was from and more about himself. She raised her eyebrows and listened intently, her clear blue eyes searching his own as he went on. At his last question though she blushed and glanced away. "No, I'm afraid not. My family and I exist for our people. There has never been a reason for me to leave." Looking back at him it was clear behind her soft smile she was slightly embarrassed. Ayrin seethed across the table from the two, struggling not to kick their new guest out. There wasn't long for anger or embarrassment thought before the doors opened and their Gods were revealed.

Ay held her husband's arm affectionately as they made their way to the banquet hall. He was loving and attentive but their relationship had changed since the war so long ago. Their lives focused more on raising thier children and attending to their people's needs as much as was appropriate. The festival served as both a celebration and a mournful reminder of past events.

Of course that was the answer he would expect from her. She has never known struggle or had to work hard to survive. But putting his personal feelings aside he looked at her with intent. "Perhaps you and I should someday." He smiled. But before he could continue the God-king and queen were announced. There he was. The stranger father who ruined everything in his life now closer than ever.

Krom looked out towards the people as they welcomed them to sit at the festival. He felt his loving wife's hand around his arm. There were days he would dwell on the past but he mostly looked to the future with uncertainty. He been more distant from mortals but still tend to the needs. Krom focus his eyes again on his daughter and the stranger next to him feeling his eyes. This Stei from a foreign land yet he seemed so familiar. "I welcome you stranger to our humble home. You have shown great skills in the arena that has not been displayed by mortals before. Your family must have raised you to be strong."

Seti looked at Krom keeping his calm composure. "Yes...they did" he said reluctantly. "Where is your family" Krom asked

"My mother is sick and had to stay in ky homeland. My father...I never really know. He left before I was born."

"Oh...I see. Family is very important. It binds us to our past. Reminds us of who we are and where we come from."

"I could not agree more with your, Lord Krom." Seti said staring directly at him He found himself clenching his fist under the table.

An otherworldly blue gaze fell on the young man, Seti, as Krom addressed him. Lips fell to a solemn visage as Seti revealed some of his past. Ay clasped his arm tighter as the same unsettling feeling fell over her. It had been so long since the Fates granted her a vision and she had a sinking feeling that Seti was the reason. Of course with no vision to speak of and no actions to judge there was no way to know for sure. Either way, it was clear that perhaps he needed a home. As a mother, her heart ached to think of raising a child without their father - Krom was not always perfect but he was extremely loving and more so than that, he was there.

Ay stepped up after a long moment of silence. "We are glad to have you. Please enjoy our hospitality. Eat and drink your fill and be merry for tomorrow we rest in observance of the Day of Company." She raised a glass of wine to the banquet hall, "To our ancestors and another year of peace." The people cheered and drank and Ay and Krom would find their seats at the head of the table. "Darling, do you think we should invite Kria to sit next to us?" She asked him as she glanced nervously at Kria and Seti sitting so close together.

Seti's stare was so intense Kria couldn't help but blush harshly, unable to pull her blue gaze away. He suggested that perhaps the two of them should leave together sometime and a bashful smile grew on her rosy lips as she finally managed to look away for a sip of wine. The cool beverage however did little to cool her cheeks. Finally, though, she found her escape in the words of her father as he addressed Seti. Kria's expression softened as she watched the exchange. At first she was surprised at his sudden change in attitude but then it made sense as he spoke more about his family. Pity for him grew from empathy in her chest and as they finished their exchange she placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. Her skin silken like the most delicate of rose petals and scented as such. "That must have been very difficult Seti." She glanced down a moment before smiling back up at him, clear blue eyes striking his own without fear and an easy smile upon her rosy lips. "But I am very glad you're here now."

Moving on she took up her goblet and rest her other hand on the floor. Legs curled up beside her as she leaned into their conversation. "So what made you want to come to the festival? It must have been a very arduous journey to get here." While most of their people were friendly Kria was beyond that, she was interested in him and where he came from. She spoke to him as if she were catching up with an old friend, without inhibition and with an openness lost on most people.

After the toast Krom sat back down drinking his goblet. When Ay asked to invite Kria to sit closer Kromnlooked out to see how Kria was responding to Seti. Something about they way she looked at him was so familiar to when Ay did back when their love was staring to bloom. He gave Ay a comforting smile gently tapping her hand. "That won't be necessary my dear. Our daughter is helping our new guest feel welcomed. Besides by the way she looks at him they seem to be getting along well. Doesn't she remind you of anyone?" He ask with a smirk.

Seti's eyes turned back to Kria who was more than interested in him. She seemed genuine and comforting. Something he was not use to seeing even from his mother. Rei had a way with raising his son with vigorous training but also manipulated di doing whatever she wished but with Kria it was different. She was trying to gain anything from him. She treated him with respect and kindness instead of fear. He found himself more interested in her.

When Kria asked about what brings him hear he had to make sure his cover was air tight. "Yes the journey was great for zi come from a land of sand and sun. I lived in a small oasis raised by my mother. She told me that I was destined to do great things. Her encouragement led me to journey hear to see how others lived. Told me about how mortals became God's by the strength of their own hands and blessings from the spirits. I believe I am destined to take such steps to follow in their footsteps." He said with great enthusiasm.

Ay raised an eyebrow as she glanced over to the pair of them again. Frowning she muttered under her breath before she took a spit of her own wine,"...that's what worries me..." Her features marked by worry as she looked to Krom again. "I'm afraid she can be... naive. A leisure neither of us had in our youth." He was right, that was a very familiar look - but that was exactly the problem. Both of them had a very different upbringing than their own children. In the earliest days of man one learned quickly how to survive, how to trust your instincts, and what things not to trust- such as man. Had Ay been as open and innocent as her daughter she may not have faired so well. The goddess had tried to wait until the world was safer to have their children but too often she learned that there was no way to protect her children from the harsh outside world. All this to say, his words brought her no comfort.

Glancing at them one last time she finally sighed and looked away. Nothing she could do about it for now. Besides Ayrin was across from them and while Kria may have been wide-eyed too often her brother was a hunter. True, he could be aggressive and reckless at times but he was more incredulous than his younger sister. For now, Ay would have to entrust the situation to him. Looking back to Krom she knew he was probably reminiscing about when they met but Ay found it more difficult to reflect on the past, especially when the future had been withheld from her for so long now.

Kria listened to him attentively as he spoke of how her own parents had become gods. She had never heard of someone who dared thought they were destined for the same thing as her parents and she didn't quite know how to feel about his aspirations. Although with the skill he had shown against Ayrin was any indication then he was certainly well on his way. Disappointment seeped into her chest slowly and er expression softened. "To seek such a fate is to seek the bondage of greatness. My parents brought peace to this land but they do not know peace for themselves." Glancing over to her parents she reflected on her parents' troubles. More than any mere mortal would ever know and more than even she knew of. Vision settled back on the traveler before her. "Still, each man may seek his own destiny and whatever comes with it. I can only wish you luck and hope you do not find many regrets on your path." Like always Kria spoke with wisdom beyond her time. Unlike her mother, she could not see into the future but she knew what it was to seek power and that even gilded clouds held rain.

The evening began to settle all too soon though, as did most happy occasions. Ay and Krom rose from their seats and raised their glasses for a final announcement. "We thank you all for being here, friends, family, and newcomers alike." When he was ready Ay left with Krom to retire to their temple that had been built so long ago. Leaving the banquet hall though it was clear to see her mind was still troubled, although sometimes it seemed the goddess' mind was filled with troubled waters that never knew rest. Her life was abundant with love for her family and they had not known war for many years but the distance of the Fates plagued her night and day. Once her visions were a curse - but without them now a piece of her was missing and she couldn't escape the constant feeling of uncertainty. Arriving back to their temple it was empty and dark even as the fire bowls illuminated the halls. "Hm?" Breaking from her reverie she looked at Krom as they made their way in. "Did you say something darling?" She asked him and it was clear her mind had been elsewhere.

Kria watched as her parents left, the people cheered and some began to retire for the evening as well while others continued the celebration. A young woman with lustrous dark curls pulled at Ayrin's arm and whispered in his ear for them to retire as well but for once he waved her off. "Kria, I think it is time we show our guest to his rooms. As he said, his journey was long, and he must be tired after today's events." The young man stood up, the woman still holding his arm with adoration for him. "Oh...." It wasn't the woman that bothered Kria as much as it was the suggestion. But he was right, perhaps Seti was tired. "Is that what you'd like Seti?" The blue eyes of the maiden were clearly disappointed, betraying her wish to spend more time with him despite her brother's urging.

Krom saw that Ay was not concerned with his attempts at comfort. She had seemed discomfort and uneasy when Seti arrived. He knows that his children did not understand the world like they did which was one of the reasons why he wanted a better life for both his children. He knows he could not protect but he could have prepared them. Krom would find peace knowing that he did the best for his children. He did not look to the future as he use to for the past had always burdened him in some way. Finding himself trying to forgive himself and let go was proving difficult. When it was time to retire he went with Ay back there bef chabers with the stary night sky as a roof.

When Krom tried to bring up conversation he found Ay was distant again. " I said the feast was wonderful tonight. The blessings you and Kria put on the people's livestock and crops were well-received. And now I can focus on satisfying you now that my hunger is slated" he grinned wrapping his arms around her. After all these years he still enjoys being in bed with his wife. " You have seemed to troubled my dear. Let me calm your spirits" He said placing the finger tips of both hands on her temple.

Meanwhile Seti and Kris were still in conversation. He was almost enamored every time Kria spoke. But sadly their conversation was cut short when her brother mentioned it was time to retire. He could tell Kria was disappointed but for him it was the perfect time for him be alone so he can sneak around the palace later. "I admit it is getting late. I would be honored if you show me to my chambers Kria" he said giving a gentle smile and nod.