Tell Me How You Like It!

Have you seen my OnexOne RP search under the same title?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Not interested

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rhodes

Original poster
Fandoms:
  • Hogwarts Founders [2/3]
  • Marauders Generation (including possible love interests and future Death Eaters) [3/10]
  • Second Generation (with all OCs) [3/7]
  • Totally Spies [0/2]

Other:
  • Angel/Demon School [2/20]
  • Disney School (This is STRICTLY Disney. Only characters based on what's been in a Disney movie or television show.) [0/20]
  • Fairy Tale School (This is any fairy tale as long as you can prove that it was a fairy tale before it was made popular by Hollywood or social media.) [2/20]
  • Monster School [1/15]
  • Shifter School [3/20]
Potential Co-GMs:

@WeepingLiberty
@Shayla

Last edited by a moderator:
Founders

Plot
This will be about the four founders of Hogwarts and their many adventures before founding the magical school JK Rowling wrote about. Their adventures will be planned by myself and the other three players.

My Character
More likely than not my character will be Helga Hufflepuff.

Characters Needed
This RP only has room for three other players but because of the few spots I will NOT be choosing players based on "first come first serve" basis. Thus once this RP has enough interest I'll be taking several applications for the remaining three spots.

Setting
This will be taking place all over Europe and Asia in the tenth century.

Other
I won't be needing a Co-GM as this group will be so small there won't be much that needs to be managed.​

Marauders' Generation

Plot
This will be an RP surrounding the rise of Voldemort as well as the shenanigans gotten into and pranks the Marauders pull at school.

My Character
My character will likely be Remus Lupin and the love interest of Sirius Black.

Characters Needed
We'll be needing the actual marauders as well as a few love interests perhaps. If you'd like to create NPCs as well- that'd be appreciated.

Settings
This will take place in Hogwarts.

Others
I'll be looking for a Co-Gm.

Second Generation

Plot
This will be an RP surrounding the return of Voldemort's grandson. Plot gems to be announced.

My Character
My character will likely be a female who is the daughter of a Death Eater.

Characters Needed
No one will be allowed to play any of JK Rowling created characters- all players must create their own. And you can create children/grandchildren/great-grandchildren of characters that were not main characters in the HP series (Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Albus Dumbledore etc...). I don't want more than seven characters in this RP but no less than four.

Settings
This will take place in Hogwarts in other magical areas around Europe.

Others
I'll be looking for a Co-Gm.​

Totally Spies

Plot
A private school for the richest, most elite kids of the world is being plagued by a mystery kidnapper. The students of the school are in constant fear that they will be the next one to be held for ransom or worse- murdered. However that hasn't stopped the daily life of these partiers and travelers. Weekends are still spent on yachts and jets getting drunk and high. In order to stop this unknown kidnapper from taking more of the world's most important political, entertainment and government official's heirs, our three spies must go undercover as cousins to this school and find out what the previous victims' habits were as the families have closed ranks and aren't letting any investigators in to help them.

My Character
I will be playing an OC character based off of the green wearing spy, Samantha, the smart, innovative one with a knack for English and Science. Not really interested in dating as much as experiencing life. Task oriented and protective.

Other Characters
I want the two other characters to be OC as well despite how this is primarily a Fandom RP.
(ALEXANDRA) The sweet, curious one with a lot of questions and movie references. Interested in dating but only those who have extremely similar interests (hard rock music, underground bands, etc...) Bit of a klutz, fiercely loyal and slightly introverted.
(CLOVER) The fashionable, passionate one with a bit of a temper sometimes and an interest in all things creative arts (theatre, dance etc...) Seriously interested in dating- to the point it's like a hobby chasing crushes. Honest and flirtatious.

Setting
The private school our plot takes place at is a boarding school by the name of Hollowcreste in the middle of nowhere forests of Montana. It caters exclusively to the rich and powerful. The students are all the children of politicians, actors, producers, bureaucrats, diplomats, CEOs etc...
The boys are housed on the second floor of the East wing and the girls are housed on the third floor of the East wing. Each room has two students who are allowed to decorate as they wish.
The school offers your regular clubs like poetry, chess, etc... and some not so regular ones like equestrian, yacht, etc...
Your electives to chose from are as follow: Drama, Art, P.E., Swim, Wrestling, Aerobics, Yearbook, Newspaper, Home Economics, Band, Choir, Zoology, Anatomy, Child and Family Studies, French, German, Spanish, Latin, Hebrew, Russian, Japanese, Mandarin, and Religious Studies.
Each student takes 6 classes per day, each class lasting 50 minutes with 10 minute breaks in between classes. Lunch is at noon and the campus is closed. No one may take the hour long drive to town for lunch as they are only given an hour to eat. Classes start at 8am and end at 3pm.

Other
I won't be needing a Co-Gm as this will be another RP of four.​

Angel/Demon School

Plot
This can be discussed among the players but will likely be centered around training the students on how to fight in a third army- that of peace. I know that sounds ironic but this school has been created to help end the eternal war between the guardians of heaven and the servants of hell.

My Character
I will likely have a female demon and a male angel.

Characters Needed
We'll be needed both male and female angels and demons. The ages will be from 15-20.

Setting
This school will be set in a palace in the lighter part of Limbo- neutral ground for angels and demons.

Other
I'll be looking for a Co-GM.​

Disney School

Plot
It's just a day in the life of modern Disney characters.

My Character
I will likely create the modern version of, Cinderella, Ariel, or Periwinkle (Tinkerbell's twin sister).

Characters Needed
You can have any Disney character you'd like and you can change their past, their personality (within reason), and their current story. But, they MUST be a Disney character- so as much as I like Anastasia, there will be no Dimitri, Anya, Vlad, or human version of Bartok as it was not a movie produced by Disney. You can, however, humanize Disney characters. So Flounder, Simba, even Rajah can be made into humans as long as you stay true to their ethnicity and gender (so simba needs to be of african descent and Rajah of Indian descent.) Also, for the sake of keeping characters straight- you can't change their name.

Setting
This will be taking place at what will be called "Disney University" and while it will mostly likely be a high school, once I get a reasonable amount of interest we can discuss if it should be a college or high school based on majority vote.

Other
I'll be needing a Co-GM for this as well.​

Fairy Tale School

Plot
This is a typical school RP that will be driven by the way the Royals (or the good) are separated from the Villains (or the evil).

My Character
My character will likely be the love child of the Mad Hatter and Alice, raised by the Mad Hatter in Wonderland. (Most likely female)

Characters Needed
This plot is all about the children of fairy tales. you can mesh fairy tales or you can take a typical couple and have their child as your character. However, you cannot take Cinderella and Rumpelstiltskin and have their son as your character as Cinderella had a happily ever after with Prince Charming. But you could have the child of Rumplestiltskin and Maleficent as neither's stories ended with a marriage or pending relationship.

Settings
This will take place at a boarding school in an unnamed location.

Others
I'll be looking for a Co-Gm.​

Monster School

Plot
This will be a typical school RP with classes as much of the main setting. I'm interested in hearing what ideas the players have as far as plot goes as mine are all only those of generic school RPs.

My Character
I will likely be playing a female siren or a male boogey-man. My siren would be seductive (obviously) but also studious, and my boogey-man would be quiet, shy, and reserved.

Characters Needed
Characters of all species (aside from human) are welcome, including hybrids (though hybrids will need to be approved by GMs.) Males and females are needed and I'd like to have a relatively even grouping of males to females.

Settings
This will likely take place in a castle in Transylvania (because it's a rather obvious setting). The boys will be separated from the girls in dorms and classes will take place in the same castle.

Other
I'll also be looking for a Co-GM.​

Shifter School

Plot
It's just a general school plot. I'd like to have three different groups, one for Carnivores, one for Herbivores, and one for Omnivores that can be pitted against one another to cause plot conflict to keep the RP alive and interesting.

My Character
I will mostly likely make a female bat or male bear- perhaps both. My female bat will likely be the quiet, bad girl type while my male bear will be a strong, protective, flirt.

Characters Needed
I'd like to have at least two characters for each group (Carnis, Herbis, and Omnis). I'd also like if there could be an equal ration of females to males. If anyone would like to make some NPCs for staff as well that'd be greatly appreciated.

Setting
This will likely take place in an old castle in Europe. Each group will be in a different floor (co-ed floors) according to the appetite of their shift form. Students from all over the world are welcome.

Other
I'll be looking for a Co-GM.​

To many good idea's in one bundle! :D

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
To many good idea's in one bundle! :D
I know right??

You've got my interest for Second Generation, Angel/Demon School, and/or Shifter School. Also, I noticed from the ideas you've filled out already that you'll be looking for Co-GMs for some of these. I'd be happy to give you a hand if you'd like. ^.^

• Love
My CO-GM assistance is up for your service if you need it as well!

I'm honestly good with any of these!

• Love
Shifter School
Monster School

I might consider Fairy Tale School as some sort of witch. Not the child of a witch, but a witch itself.

Reactions: Rhodes
How are you classifying "Fairy tales"? You said in the first post that any fairy tale was OK provided you could verify it as a fairy tale, but then you said your character was going to be based on Alice in Wonderland, which is not a fairy tale. Fairy tales are any short story of a European fantasy setting - elves, witches, giants, whatnot. They have no specific time period, simply "once upon a time", and any reference to real things are superficial at best. Thus, Alice in Wonderland does not classify as a fairy tale, and instead as a fantasy adventure novel. So, what classification are you using? I'm assuming you mean any story of a mystical nature in a setting with before 20th century technology and architecture levels.

How are you classifying "Fairy tales"? You said in the first post that any fairy tale was OK provided you could verify it as a fairy tale, but then you said your character was going to be based on Alice in Wonderland, which is not a fairy tale. Fairy tales are any short story of a European fantasy setting - elves, witches, giants, whatnot. They have no specific time period, simply "once upon a time", and any reference to real things are superficial at best. Thus, Alice in Wonderland does not classify as a fairy tale, and instead as a fantasy adventure novel. So, what classification are you using? I'm assuming you mean any story of a mystical nature in a setting with before 20th century technology and architecture levels.
Sorry, you could've executed this a lot less rudely. Alice in Wonderland is considered a fairy tale in most social circles as it's been modernized and popularized by many different venues and is widely considered fantastical. It's over a century old and was not developed for television or social media. Cinderella is a fairy tale bc it was a well known story for children before it was used by Disney and made popular. Frozen, Brave, Anastasia, and Atlantis are not fairy tales and while Anastasia and Atlantis are true stories, they were not tales used to influence or entertain children before they were used in the media. Tangled, is however, as it's the story of Rapunzel.

Shifter School
Monster School

I might consider Fairy Tale School as some sort of witch. Not the child of a witch, but a witch itself.
I'd really like for the actual fairy tales to be staff (teachers, grounds keepers, nurse, headmaster etc...) but if you can find a not well known fairy tale that was a story before taken up by the media (if it's been used at all) and send me a link to the story or like a Wiki page then I'm down with that! I just don't want someone to make the child of Cinderella and then another person try to be Cinderella as a student.

Sorry, you could've executed this a lot less rudely. Alice in Wonderland is considered a fairy tale in most social circles as it's been modernized and popularized by many different venues and is widely considered fantastical. It's over a century old and was not developed for television or social media. Cinderella is a fairy tale bc it was a well known story for children before it was used by Disney and made popular. Frozen, Brave, Anastasia, and Atlantis are not fairy tales and while Anastasia and Atlantis are true stories, they were not tales used to influence or entertain children before they were used in the media. Tangled, is however, as it's the story of Rapunzel.
Well, sorry you took it as being rude. I'm afraid I don't see any point in going out of my way to phrase things in a nice manner, I just say them as they are. You still haven't answered my question though - how are you classifying "fairy tale"? You simply gave examples of what you do consider and what you do not consider to be fairy tales. Which isn't very helpful, because I have no idea what any of those things besides Frozen and Cinderella are, and I only know of the first because not knowing of it would be impossible given how popular it is. It seems to me you don't actually know what a fairy tale is, which is why I'm asking for clarification as to what you think the term encompasses.

Well, sorry you took it as being rude. I'm afraid I don't see any point in going out of my way to phrase things in a nice manner, I just say them as they are. You still haven't answered my question though - how are you classifying "fairy tale"? You simply gave examples of what you do consider and what you do not consider to be fairy tales. Which isn't very helpful, because I have no idea what any of those things besides Frozen and Cinderella are, and I only know of the first because not knowing of it would be impossible given how popular it is. It seems to me you don't actually know what a fairy tale is, which is why I'm asking for clarification as to what you think the term encompasses.
If you are going to be rude, I am not interested in having you in an RP I'll be GMing. I hope that you find a more compatible group that you can RP with as I felt my examples were plain and simple enough to follow. If a story was created by the media then it doesn't qualify as a fairy tale. If it was written or traveled via oral storytelling as a method of moral shaping or child entertainment then it's a fairy tale. Good luck with your "not going out of my way to phrase things in a nice manner" attitude. I'm sure you'll find someone whom it won't rub the wrong way. In case this wasn't clear- you can consider this a dismissal.

dis-miss-al (noun)
the act of ordering or allowing someone to leave
synonyms: termination, discharge, etc...

Oh don't worry, I would have left of my own accord. I just like arguing. Just gonna point out though, Alice in Wonderland is this kind of thing called a "Book". It's not an orally transmitted story. No idea how you got that impression of it.

Book:

a written or printed work consisting of pages glued or sewn together along one side and bound in covers.

Oral:

spoken rather than written; verbal.

Status
Not open for further replies.