Telephone Game

• Thread starter Professor Objection
  • Start date
P

Professor Objection

Original poster
Many people know of the classic game "Telephone", but for those who don't, here are the rules. One person whispers a message to another, and it goes down a line of people until the last person is reached. The fun in the game comes from seeing how much the message may change as time goes on, and just how wrong the last person got it because of everyone else (or because of himself; you never know). Most iterations of the game are played live, as whispering into another person's ear is a core part of the game. But a friend of mine came up with an idea for a play-and-post version of "Telephone", and I figure this is worth a try.

Steps
1. Read the post of the person above you.
2. Attempt to remember it while doing something else (typing a CS, cooking, sit-ups, etc.).
3. After 5-10 minutes or so, type what you remember without looking back at the previous post. It is recommended that you scroll to the bottom of the page with your eyes closed.
4. (New rule) If the new message gets so short that nearly anyone could remember it (1–3 words long), it is permissible to use a completely different phrase.

Okay, so the sentence below starts the game. Have fun!

The Cavendish ghosts shall begin their spectral shindig at approximately 3 PM, and will punish young Sara if she knocks over the punch again.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Cavenish ghosts shall begin their shindig at exactly 3pm, but Lucy will be punished if she trips over the punch again.

Reactions: Professor Objection
The Cavinish ghost shall begin their shandig, and Lucy will look upon the ritual.

orz, I don't have a good memory

Reactions: Professor Objection
The satellite is a go, and smite perpetua.

(Hope no one minds my participating.)

Making a new phrase :D

To Harry's intense embarrassment, he suddenly realized that Dumbledore's bright blue eyes looked rather watery, and stared hastily at his own knee.

To Harry's embarrassment, he noticed Dumbledore's blue eyes were staring oddly at his knee.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
To Harry's embarrassment, he noticed Dumbledore's gleaming blue eyes were staring oddly at his knee.

To Harry's embarrassment, he noticed Dumbledore's gleaming blue eyes staring at his kneecaps.

To Harry's delight, he noticed Dumbledore's gleaming blue eyes staring hungry at his kneecaps.

Ohhhh myyyy

To Harry's delight, he noticed Dumbledore's gleaming blue eyes hungrily eating his kneecaps