Teenage Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
August rose from his bed, unble to sleep worried about Grace and anna. He looked down at his knuckles and saw Grayson's blood dried on his hands. Going at it he washed it off and looked in the mirror, that damien kid messed his face up pretty good. His left eye was swollen shut and his lip was purple and busted.

"Damn. This is gonna raise a few eyebrows" he poked at his bruises and winced. Leaving the room he hears a commotion in the kitchen and walks in to find Grayson, Branden and Fianna the only ones in there.

"Get out" August simply orders the other two out and either dare to oppose him. Kneeling down seize Grayson he puts a hand on his shoulder.

Grayson was now muttering gibberish under his breath his hands over his ears. He had been in a mental institutinstitute before when he was five because he'd have constant mental break downs and his parents didn't know how to deal with him. He had his eyes shut tight as voices also started whispering to him.

He didn't even feel August touch his shoulders. All he could focus on were the voices telling him he deserved to die and it'd be quicker if he just did it himself. Then his thoughts sent to Anna and how she didn't care that he was broken insde. He even remembered the way she smiled and had told him that she would but him together pievce by piece again.

Fawkes made his way back to Zoey, his hands still raw from the confrontation with August. "Sorry about that, I had to talk to the boss man about something." he explained. Damien examined Zoey's face. She had a ruthless look about her usually, but now it was different, almost cute. Damien took the ice pack from Zoey's hand and gently placed it on her nose again. "You should keep icing it" he muttered "you don't want it to bruise too badly."

The thief looked around the library at all the books. They reminded him of his brother, and how he was always reading. Damien was never as academically inclined. He was smart, sure, but he never tried hard in school. He thought of himself as more clever than anything.

Zoey winced as he put the ice on her nose. She cursed and sighed, she shook her heax and looked over at Damien. He had come in to check on her and she kinda enjoyed someone coming to see how she was. She noticed his hamds."hope that wasn't with August, if so your lucky to be breathing atm." She said and took the ice off again it waa hurting worae then just leaving it on. She sighed and sat up. She looked at Damien with a sigh.

She bit her lower lip and that sent pain through her. She yelped and groaned, she really pay Grayson back for this. She was tired,"thank you for this, I should probably take some pain killers and just head to bed." She said to him. Her nose still hurt a lot.

Fawkes examined his knuckles. "That might be the case one day, but today he was lucky to be breathing." he grumbled with a cold look in his eye. "I need some meds too. Only 12 hours ago was I tied up to a chair and beaten senseless." Damien laughed "The thing that hurt the most was having you hold me hostage. You're way cuter when you don't look like you wanna stab me." The thief had on a slight smirk.

Damien accompanied Zoey to the Den's makeshift medical dispensary, which was just a closet of sorts with various drugs. Some legal, others not. He found a bottle of morphine pills, contemplating if he should take them or not. Deciding against it he took two Advils. Zoey on the other hand probably needed the morphine. Damien handed her the bottle "Here, only take ONE. This is a high concentration."

Reactions: Dark_Psycho
August could almost hear Grayson's thoughts of Anna and I pained him to see his friend this way.

"Once we are well enouht, and I say we because not only you and I are hurt but Zoey as well, we will be going after Grace and Anna. It will take at least two days to get there since we can't fly. We will have to walk and take the trains." Shaking his head he remeber ed the last time they had tried to border a plane, it ended in the death of his good friend Jessie, the old cooks aid. Shivering a little he remeber ed the police beating him with the batons and he shook the memory from his mind.

Helping Grayson to stand he walked him out of the closet and out into the hall, leading him to his chambers carefully and laying him on his bunk.

"I really am sorry about this...."he said as he looked at the wounds, he really had beat the shit out of Grayson.

She gently laughed at that."yeah well you know us street kida, got to protect ourselves even from each other." She said and pointed to her nose. Man still hurts like hell." She said lightly rubbing under nose. She nudged him and smiled."yeah well I don't want to stab you now. That's for sure." She said. She had him help her up and they walked for the medcine. She grabbed smiled at him and shook her head. She dug through the cabinet and pulls out the hydrocodone and takes 2. She dry swallows her pills and sighed. She looked at him and smiled gently. she blushed as she caught herself staring at him.

her hand went to put both bottles back and brushed his. She looked away and sighed breathing. She looked down and shook her head. "Sotty i should go to bed," She said and pointed towards her room. She nods to him and smiles"Glad your with us."She said and turned to walk away she rolled her eyes at herself. Really? she asked her self in her head. stupid was all she could mutter to herself. She felt a hand on her arm before she could walk away.

Damien couldn't help notice how much Zoey kept staring at him. And honestly, he didn't mind. As Zoey went to go to her room, the Thief gently grabbed her arm and pulled her back. "I'm not one hundred percent glad I'm here, but I am starting to warm up to this" he said with a slight smile. Damien pulled Zoey to him, leaning down, he pecked her on the forehead. "Sleep well, I hope you feel a little better in the morning." The tanned skinned boy could see that Zoey was visibly blushing a little. Soon after, they went their separate ways. She went to her room and he found a room for himself. It seemed he would have to relocate to the Den permanently later.

The next morning, Damien was woken by a pounding on the makeshift door to his room. It was Grayson, he looked a little better than he did yesterday, but not by much. The Thief only assumed Grayson was there to call him to join the meeting. They had to prepare if they were to save the girls and get to the Esoteric Society meeting.

Zoey blushed as she was tutned back to him. She looked uo at him, she may be shorter thrn him, but she definitely could get the upper hand and only he could call her pixie and not get stabbed for it. She ket him kiss her forehead and and blushed a deep shade of red. She nods.'sleep well" she said. She walked to her room and closed her door with a sigh. She climbed out the escape and up to her window ledge to smoke. She watched the night.

In the morning Zoey woke staring at her ceiling. She rolled ovet and sughrd. She dressed in skinny jeans a tank top where the holes went ti the bottom her bra underneath showed. She didn't care, she put a beanie on and het leather boots. She covered up her bruised noise and winced. She grabbed her smokes and made her way to the meeting as she kept a cigarette between her lips. She needed one badly after the meeting. She knew august leave her in charge while he and Grayson had all the fun.

Grayson snapped out of it when August said Anna's name and looked at him "what's the point for me to go? We all know one more slip from me August you will either have to hang me or execute me" he said as August helped him up.

He limped usuing August to lean on as he made his way to his chambers "its just a matter of time" he whispered then laid down. His whole body hurt like hell but he would never show it. When August apologized that pissed him off. Be sat up and grabbed August by the collar pulling him in close to his face "don't you dare apologize for this. It had to be fucking done. Suck it up like a god damn man"

He shoved August away from him and shooed him out. He had to get a little rest before the sun rose. When it did he woke up early and climbed out of bed limping still. He had banged on Damien's door and Zoey's door then headed to the Meeting Chaimbers knowing August would already be there.

As August entered the kitchen and ordered her to leave, she didn't hesitate to quickly turn off the faucet before scurrying out of the room in fear that she'll be beaten like Grayson. Thinking about the events that happened earlier sent shivers running down her spine. She was expecting this place to be scary and brutal but now that she's seen it, she knew that it was beyond her expectations.

Sighing, she wandered around the halls looking for something fun to do or something that could help her plan her escape. She then stumbled upon an empty room that seems like a chem lab which made her blue eyes twinkle with delight and excitement. "No one would mind if I play a little right?" she mumbled to herself before smiling, unable to contain her excitement. Walking towards the cabinet filled with chemicals, she was impressed by how well stocked it is. "Wow" Fianna said breathlessly, scanning the contents of the cabinet to see bottles of nitric acid, chloroform, alcohol, acetate buffers and so much more. "this is much more impressive than my lab back home"

In her original house or rather apartment, she had a special room where she all do her pharmaceutical and laboratory works. Ever since she was a child she always has a fascination for chemical reactions and medicine. Of course being the privileged child that she is, its easy for her to have her own laboratory in such a young age and work with chemicals that is far more dangerous. Oh how she missed mixing them! Being in the reverend's house refrained her from doing the things she loves and now that she got an opportunity to do so, she won't let the opportunity to pass by.

Taking a deep breath, Fianna grabbed a couple of beakers, bunsen burner, test tubes and what nots before starting her experiment.

"Let's see.. A dash of perchloric acid" she mumbled, pouring a dash of the said chemical before continuing with her experiment "a smidgen of cobalt then a hint of hydrogen peroxide, SUPER HEATED TO FIVE HUNDRED KELVIN and tada~" she exclaimed, holding a test tube of pink fluid. "Now to test it~ Hm.. I need a test subject"

Damien got out of bed and got dressed. Yesterday's events were a roller-coaster. Damien strapped on his knife holster and threw on his leather jacket last before heading out the door. As he walked down the hall he saw Zoey in front of him. The Thief quickened his pace a little to catch up. When he was beside her, he nudged her to say hello. "Hey" he smirked "ready for this shit show?" Damien walked with the girl with his pockets in his hands.

Soon they arrived to the meeting room. August and Grayson were already there, along with a few other members of the Givers. Damien examined August's face, it looked like shit. Grayson was in no better shape. Fawkes nodded a 'hello' to August, and it was met with one in return. No hard feelings. Yet. The thief saw that there was a laptop set up along with a projector. Without prompt her pulled out the USB and inserted it into the computer and opened up the drive. With a flurry of fingers on the keyboard, he decrypted the files and brought them up on the screen.

"This is the location of our targets." Damien explained "The experimentation is due to take place in a weeks time in this private testing facility. I have been made aware that it takes two days to get to Jersey, so with that in mind, we have to prepare in haste." The teen looked at the Leader for his thoughts on the matter.

Nodding at the board after reading the map August folded his arms.

"Well this isn't going to be easy, at all. We are probably going to lose people in the fight and this time instead of going in guns blazing we have to actually devise a plan...." staring for a moment at Damien he went pn, "the air shafts are probably the best bet here, it seems there is going to bea lot of ground troops crawling his place so it wouldn't be a good idea to come in through the ground. Now how to get into the air shafts? I have no idea. Perhaps one of you might?"

Leaning back against the wall behind him he let out a solid groan, his facell hurt like hell, although he'd never admit it, that Damien kid sure knew how to beat a man into submission, what damien didn't know is that August was now holding him to a much higher standard any kid with the guts to beat the shit out of a guy like me deserves respect, it no doubt there.

Grayson crossed his arms "I can enter through the roof if you want. This way here if alarms go off or anything then I can be a distraction for them while the rest of you get away" he said then looked at August "that is if you say its fine"

He knew he had to walk on eggshells now. He looked down clenching his jaw thinking about Anna and how much he wanted to see her again. He wanted to apologize to her. They had gotten into a fight before she was kidnapped. He wanted to tell her that it was his fault and how much he loved her.

Grayson looked at August "Don't forget we have a contact on the inside as well. Once we arrive she will meet us and give us all.of the vantage points for our snipers to be at. She will also inform us where all the guards are placed and when they switch shifts between themselves" he explained.

Last edited:
Reactions: BookDragon
Damien stared at Grayson. "You have contacts within the Esoteric Society?" he asked surprised "That changes things." The thief took a second before continuing. "You're right, August, we can't go in all shock and awe. We need a solid plan. Air shafts limit the amount of personnel we can have in there. We have to do this guerrilla warfare style. Grayson, solid call on the roof, but you shouldn't go in alone. We will have two teams, Delta and Echo. Delta will enter through the underground route. Echo will enter from above." Damien brought up blueprints of the building. "We're not dealing with jocks, people. This group has been operating for decades. We'll need to be quick. Echo and Delta will converge in the testing room where the girls will be. August, since you're in charge, tell me who you want where. I'll make it happen."

Fawkes changed subjects soon after. "Now, before this goes into action, how the hell do we get to Jersey WITH all our gear?" Damien asked. He looked to August for an answer. It would take two days by car to get to the location, and a further day to set up. They only had seven days in hand. Time was running out. The Givers would have their girls, and Damien would finally have his revenge. Faust would pay for what he'd done.

August's brain racked with ideas and he nodded at Grayson remebering their contact.

"Well before you get all hot and bothered about it Damien, she isn't in the cult she just works the facility." He said calmly, trying to think of a way to Jersey. Knowing the time was limited he mulled over their options then his brain snapped, duh, they would travel the tunnels.

"I've got it! A long time ago these tunnels used to lead to a subway system that ran the length of the country basically but it was shut down about 10 years ago when some of the passages collapsed. There is a blocked in tunnel entrance about 100 yards from here that leads to the subway, we used to use it a lot before it collapsed in on us. If we could just find a way to blast through or move the rock we could access the full subway system. Dynamite is out, we tried that and it just causes more harm than good... maybe chemically? Hmm..." Smiling at his own brilliance August figured it would cut at least half a day off their travel, that is if they didn't run into too many road blocks on the way. Sometimes the tunnels housed homeless people who were quite territorial about their section of subway.

"Most of the street level entrances were sealed off but we have to be careful anyways limited people on this mission, we can't risk losing the time." He looked to Fianna and remembered hearing about her playing in the Chem lab the other night. "Hey, you! What do you know about acid?"

Fianna is now with the gang, not really sure why she's with them but she didn't argue. Yesterday when she was back at the lab, she can't really find anything interesting to test the liquid so she just hid it in her pocket and went back to the kitchen. She was a bit relieved that no one seems to know her love for chemistry but when August suddenly asked her about acids, she jumped back.

"I-I'm sorry..W-What?" Fianna asked, a little dumbfounded at his question. Oh my God, does he know I know chemistry? Should I tell him the truth or lie to him? Oh my God, what am I going to do?!

Panicking, Fianna tried to calm herself down as she took deep breaths, her fast heart rate now calming down. She knew she needs to cooperate with them and tell them the truth. Who knows what will happen to her if she lied to them?

"I know tons about acid but I'm not really sure if it will work. I need to see what kind of wall it is." she mumbled, her geeky side surfacing a little as she speak. "If the tunnel walls isn't made with ordinary concrete then acid won't work"

Grayson crossed his arms looking at Damien "don't act so shocked Fawkes. We are a huge group" he said then looked at Fianna "I'll show you the tunnels. We're losing to much time and I'm not wasting anymore" he said and headed to the tunnels pointing to Fianna to follow him immediately. He walked away from the group leading Fianna to the tunnel entrences without hearing what August had to say.

He walked down the tennel that the old subway station was in and walked a couple of miles down before they hit the part that was caved in. He pointed to the caved wall "what do you think?" He asked crossing his arms again.

Last edited:
His heart began to pound in his chest little as Branden watched Fianna being lead away into the tunnels with grayson, as much as Branden liked Grayson he didn't trust his temper. Watching august carefully Branden snuck from the meeting room and followed Fianna and Grayson to the old Subway entrance, careful to stay hidden in the shodows.

August didn't have time to respond as Grayson took Fianna out into the tunnels. I'm sure he'll handle that part of the mission just fine. Turning to Damien he looked at him curiously wondering what he was thinking in his genius brain.

"Alright so I will try and get a hold of the contact and see what she can do about getting us in. She can probably only show us the door and turn the other way, most likely won't be exactly a hand out." He remarked and added, "why don't you round up a few people you want to come with us and start rounding up the gear. I'm going to go see how the acid is working out... or isn't working out for that matter."

Leaving the room with a nod August's mind swirled with thoughts of Grace, in a day and a half roughly he would be able to hold her and kiss her again, it would change his whole outlook on life down here in the rat holes under the city. His mind flew to Grayson, his poor right hand who was slowly desenending into madness without Anna. Mentally crossing his fingers August hoped that everything would be fine once Anna and Grace returned, he hoped he didn't have to remove Grayson as it seemed he was going to have to eventually.

Fianna followed Grayson without uttering a word, a bit scared that it will be only the two of them to see the tunnels. She was afraid of Grayson's temper and mental state. What if he just suddenly lashed out or just have a hissy fit? Maybe punch her out of nowhere? Crazy thoughts were starting to consume her as they walked futher, reaching their destination.

Knocking on the wall, Fianna was a bit surprised. The tunnel walls was made of something she was all too familiar with and she was a bit taken back. How can tungsten carbide be a wall for the tunnels? Just where are they exactly?

"The wall is made of tungsten carbide and acid won't work here" she mumbled, reaching out for the vial if liquid in her pocket. The liquid she concocted yesterday in the lab is perfect for the situation at hand. Transferring it to a perfume bottle, she sprayed the entire liquid on the wall until it turned pink. "Tada!" she exclaimed, a hint of excitement visible in her voice. She was indeed excited that her experiment work and she can't wait to show Grayson its results.

Damien Fawkes, his last name was a nod to the legacy of Guy Fawkes. The man who would've taken down parliament from the bottom up with explosives had he not been stopped. The tanned Thief was not like poor old Guy, he was more prepared. Damien thought hard about the two teams Echo and Delta. He had Zoey advise him on who to bring. They needed a minimum of eight people. So far in mind he had: August (obviously), Grayson, Fianna, James (the pack leader of Alpha Gold from the Reverend mission), Sai (Alpha Silver pack leader), Zoey, and himself. They were short one more person. Damien had thought about bringing Branden, but someone had to stay and hold the fort. The cook had the most seniority.

For the gear, they'd need food, their weapons, and the explosives needed to bring the facility down, after they were out. They'd need to have stuff for the informant inside as well. Wouldn't want to leave them behind in the rubble. Damien set off to the stock rooms and armory to see what was there and what was needed. He was so close to his goal, he didn't want anything to go wrong.

Reactions: BookDragon
Status
Not open for further replies.