1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, magical, furry, romantic
(This is a reboot of a thread I did a couple years ago that went along very very well. I have changed the story a bit and the names.)

In a world where adults monitor their teenagers a little too closely, a resistance is forming. A secret rising society of these over-protected teens called The Glory Givers has decided, they have had enough! With nothing but their wits and hormones to guide them, they plan to discover the truth about this town...why their parents are so paranoid...why is everyone afraid of going beyond the fences that surround them on all sides?

August "Sylo" Baylen, the self proclaimed "king" of this group, will do absolutely anything in order to keep his throne... even if it means doing the unthinkable. The two young daughters of a corrupt preacher join him in the quest to discover the truth, but at what cost? Word has spread on the down low about The Glory Givers and every night around the city, teens escape from their homes, (which are under constant camera surveillance), to meet in the long abandoned and condemned subway system that runs the length of the city. It's a tough world for these teens in the city of New Branton, the mysterious cameras are always watching and their parents stay on edge.

Having to act as normal as teenagers can during the day, the pressure can sometimes overcome members and cause them to lose their minds completely, however most remain intact and keep the secret well. This is the story of their antics underground and their dangerous lifestyle of trying to discover the truth that lies beyond the fence. Be prepared to bring out the dark side we all wish we didn't have hidden deep inside.

(You may have two characters and you must remain active in each. No killing each other unless approved by me first. I reserve the right to remove you from the thread if needed.)

(CS)

Name:
Male/Female?
Position:
Appearance:
Personality:
Bio:

Weapon of choice: (be realistic please, these are not highly trained assassins)
Extra Info:

Positions:

Leader/King:
-August Baylen (BookDagon)

Second In Command:

-(open)

Intelligence/Seeker:

-(open)
-(open)
-(open)

Lookout/Watcher:

-(open)
-(open)

Weapons Cache/Hunter:

-(open)
-(open)
-(open)
-(open)

Flex Member:

-(open)
-(open)
-(open)
-(open)

Last edited:
I am interested as well!

• Love
Reactions: BookDragon
Name: August Leonardo Baylen (his close followers call him Sylo)

Male/Female? Male, very dominant traits, similar to that of an alpha wolf.

Position: Self proclaimed, (although largely undisputed), leader of The Glory Givers.

Appearance: August is exactly six feet tall with an unrully mess of jet black hair. His eyes are a crystal green, a dark brown freckle of color in each eye. He has a very defined jawline and a slight five o'clock shadow. August is quite fit and his body resembles that of an occasional gym rat, fit but not too big or buff. He rarely wears anything but black, simply because he has no time or desire to have a style.

Personality:
Without much of a home life, the bitterness and anger that boiled within him during his early adolescence grew unchecked. August struggles to stay focused on the positive in most situations and tends to lash out quickly. Deep within him however, he has a severe desire for passion and intimacy with someone, someone he can truly trust. The problem remains....he doesn't trust anyone. He denies this primitive desire and deals with it through rage and power seeking. He is a power hungry alpha personality with an attitude problem. Armed with a quick wit and sharp tongue, it is rare that August will back down from any fight. Despite his chiseled features and piercing eyes, his reputation of violent rage tends to proceed him.

Bio:
Born in the wealthy Baylen family, August grew up lacking very little. At least physically, he was well taken care of, basically raised on a silver spoon diet. When he turned 7, the cameras were installed in his house by the strange men in blue, the ones who wore glasses and didn't say more than a sentence at a time. The way his parent's eyes looked still haunts his nightmares, the fear he remembers seeing within their gaze was enough to make anyone's spine tingle. After the cameras were placed into the home, August felt as though his whole life changed. His parent's acted as though he were invisible, he did not matter, so he began to believe it.

There was only one rule that was beaten into him to remember: Never. Ever. Climb the fences.

At the age of 17, August decided he wanted to know more. After years of failed attempts to talk with his parents about the cameras, to figure the real reason they were afraid, he decided to find out the truth for himself. In September of his 17th year August discovered by accident the subway system that ran through the city. The system wasn't on the blueprints for the city anymore since they hadn't run and had been condemned for so long. He made this place his refuge and spent his time scheming about what lie beyond the fences... what world were his parent's hiding from him?

Weapon of choice: A 12" hunting knife, (Backup-Glock 19 Gen 4)

Extra Info:
He carries a bright secret with him in his heart. When he was young, before his world all but ended, he often spent his days with Sydney, the most beautiful soul he ever crossed paths with. Her smile could literally light up his whole world. They would run in the fields together and watch the clouds change shapes for hours, the world around them was their playground.

The day the men in blue came and put up the fences was the day August lost her forever. Sydney was no longer allowed to leave her home for anything more than what was necessary. Every night on his way to the subway system, he stops and looks at her window to see if her light is on....
but it never is.

Last edited:
Hello! I'm quite interested and I'll create a character (or two) in a while, if this is still open :D May I know what flex members are?

Reactions: BookDragon
Yes! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Flex members are able to jump from category to category, sort of a Jack of All Trades character. They aren't more skilled in any particular area, just a wide spread.