Teen Titans: Next Gen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zap rolled her eyes at his harsh words. "You guys had already left, and I bet that someone else got just as beaten up as I did." Probably worse since it was Cinderblock. The guy hit like a freight train, Zap didn't envy the rest of the team on that front. At least her attacker was unknown. Technomancer gave a briefing, but honestly he needed to figure out that briefings were boring.

Zap never liked flying by other person, mostly because it felt like she only had a thin amount of protection from her going splat on the sidewalk below. However, since they were probably going to the Tower infirmary, it was a necessary evil. Seriously. Zap needed a ride just to get off the island. She was tired of being the youngest and of least fame.

"We there yet?" Zap joked as the duo neared the tower.
ShadowFang didnt reply to her joke comment of if they were there or not, he wasnt exactly one to entertain childish banter like that, not even with his sister. It was a silent and short flight to the tower. Once inside, he carried her straight to the infirmary, setting her in one of the many vacant beds and started the machinery that began to scan her body, sensing any injury she would have. He walked over to the screen that showed her results and initiated Technopath's medical robots to treat her wounds.

"You should be fine here. Dont get in any more trouble. Im going to go help the others" he said to her as he opened his wings one more, taking off into the sky back to the fight. "Im on my way back, how goes the fight?" he said into the communicator.

((Sorry I'm late with this, Mad Magus said he'd be replying to save technomancer's ass, so I wanted to wait.))

A blur. That's all he saw. One moment, he had Cinderblock in his sights, ready to fire the finishing shot, the next, his arm was yanked off target by a boy not much older than him with wolflike features. He cursed in a rather unheroic manner out of surprise, and hoped too late that there hadn't been any reporters catching that. Press would have a field day with Technomancer's potty mouth. Still, he couldn't let this new player take the blast. Cinderblock might be able to take it, but having the force-limiter deactivated meant that it would probably kill anyone without some fairly impressive durability. The beam fired, missing the lupine figure's head by mere centimeters, and turning some of the hair on his head to dust, which left a horrible smell. The blast merely clipped Cinderblock, though the sheer force of it alone was enough to put a dent in the nearby bank's outer concrete walls. "So, you must be this new player I've heard about tonight. Normally I'd say it's a pleasure to meet you, but one of my friends will probably need surgery tonight because of you, so forgive me if I'm rude. It's a real pain in the ass to meet you," he said. "Pacify, restraint level 1," he added, causing his arm to bristle with electric current. It would hurt, but he kept it low to insure that it wouldn't do any serious damage.

Time to crack this guy. Who is he? What powers does he have, I don't see any weapons...He willed his bionic eye to give the figure a scan. His vision briefly scaled to a greenish color as he was quickly isolated and scanned by a beam of light invisible to all but the most advanced senses. It sent the data to a computer setup in Titans Tower, where his custom-built Archimedes AI system ran the data through a massive collection of information and compared it to pre-gathered data. Not even a full second later, he was pinged back with a response. Ryan didn't need his computer to finish the thought.

"Metahuman genetic anomaly detected. Warning: Target does not register in any accessible metahuman databases, no combat protocols available for recommendation. Power possibilities are as follows: Cellular regeneration, Designation 2 Biokinesis: Animal, power duplication. Powers unverified, be on guard. Target is also surrounded by an unusually high number of Nth particles, possibility of magical ability: High. Warning: Nth Particle pattern does not match any known patterns, mystical power is unknown. Threat rating: Seven, do not approach alone. Analysis of current events pending..."

Ryan didn't need the rest, he could put it together. Harlow was hurting, Zap was disabled, and Shadowfang was busy tending to her. Three of their heavier hitters unable to participate, and Cinderblock still hadn't even gone down. Maybe if that machine was finished, he'd be able to handle this scenario, but things weren't looking good. Cinderblock alone had been giving them trouble, and whoever this new player was good, having taken Zap down without a scratch. He was kicking himself for not doing more in the fight against Cinderblock earlier...Maybe if he could've helped more, Cinderblock would've been taken down before he could do significant damage to Harlow, and the group would be better suited to handling a new and potentially more dangerous player in this game. "You're a new face around here. What's the story pup? All these villains coming back to Jump City after so many years, all at once? There's nobody here with that kind of pull, and if you had that sort of pull, you wouldn't be here. So, who're you working for, hmm? Ra's al Ghul? Luthor? Vandal Savage?" he questioned, his hard metal mask hiding his furrowed brow. A few years ago, he would've dreaded at the last name he'd ask: The Joker. Thankfully for the human race, the man had made a serious mistake, attacking an air-force base in DC, which just so happened to be hosting Captain Atom as a guest. Captain Atom was a military man more than he was a hero, and when the deranged Clown Prince of Crime made his way through the facility, killing dozens, Captain Atom did the military thing. In this case, this just so happened to involve turning the clown into a fine red mist with a single punch that rivaled those of Superman. Of course, his league membership had been revoked, but he'd also been awarded a medal of honor for his feat, so it really worked out. Honestly, the world was better off for it.

Regardless, it didn't look like they were going to win this. As soon as he had an opening, he lashed out with a whirling kick, but he seemingly mis-judged the distance between himself and his opponent, his foot passing within centimeters of his foe.

He should give the order.

He needed to give the order.

They might die, if he didn't give the order.

They'd look bad, if he gave the order.

He had a plan, for if he gave the order.

It put a bad taste in his mouth, and his stomach hurt as he considered giving the order.

He gave the order, despite how much he hated it. How much he just hated to lose.

He buzzed into his intercom, saying two words, "Fall back,"

There was more, but he sufficed with saying, "Harlow's in no condition to fight, Zap is out of commission. Archimedes is pegging the new guy at a level seven, on par with the best of us, and he's good. I'm running battle projections now, but they aren't looking pretty."

Those bright blue eyes intensified behind his mask as the titan before him readjusted his arm to aim back at Cinderblock despite Skoll's attempts to keep it from doing so...and as the beat blasted from the core The White Wolf tilted his head and curved his neck to the side...the beam vaporizing strands of his his hair as Cinderblock was clipped by the blast...Skoll narrowed his eyes tightly and looked back at the titan as he began to spout out some clever wordplay that the white haired hunter had no concern for...while technomancer was in mid sentence Skoll threw his head forward, attempting to smash his forehead into the titans nose with devastating force. If this attack connected it would most likely make the teen stumble back dazed...afterwards Skoll would advance, lowering his body to make him a harder target to hit he would flick his wrist, allowing for a small blade to shoot out of his sleeve and into his hand, attempting to thrust it forward and into his gut...

However, just as he was going to make the strike, his ear twitched at the sound of a hammer being cocked...instantly, his body recoiled, pulling the blade back and stopping in his tracks as he took a dash backwards...and just as he did so a loud gunshot hit right in between them...Skoll turned his gaze behind him to see police cars all blocking each street with blues behind them aiming...snipers up above and sirens wailing...The wolf snarled, looking back at the titan as he asked what the story was...referring to him as a pup. Skoll scoffed, pressing a button on his wrist as Technomancer continued talking and eventually called for backup...the police demanded that he surrender...slowly, Skoll lifted his hands above his head and put them back...obeying these demands as he got onto his knees....looking at Technomancer and smirking under his mask as Cinderblock as well lifted his hands in surrender...

Any moment now...

Any second.

ShadowFang heard the call to fall back and instantly became concerned. What had happened since he had been gone? Had this mysterious new enemy shown his face to them? He picked up his speed, making his way back in time to see a strange guy on his knees, hands over his head as tons of police were surrounding him and Technomancer. In his curiosity, he landed down next to Technomancer, his eyes fixed on the new guy. His eyes were their usual glare, but inside he couldnt help but feel some form of... familiarity to him, which was strange considering he had never seen him before in his life. As if from mere habit, he extended his thoughts to try and get a look at the guys consciousness, hopefully to be able to catch a glimpse of something that showed why this guy made him so... uncomfortable.

Thank goodness it was a short flight. The silence made things considerably more awkward, and she was glad when she was left alone in the infirmary. At the very least the silence was less awkward and one of them wasn't trying to be stoic and mysterious. She looked at the results of the scan when they were finished. Bruised ribs and a concussion. The concussion was what had probably knocked her out earlier. Also a cracked rib and two sharp instrument wounds to her stomach. Zap groaned at the last additions. No internal bleeding though, which meant no surgery by robots. She was going to be very bruised tomorrow, though.

The order to fall back was said and Zap sat up quickly, trying to see if she could somehow help. She took in a sharp breath at the pain, and held her side tightly. She had to help, she met him maybe she could-

"Please sit back down or be restrained. You are unable to help in your condition."

Zap laid back down and glared at the ceiling, her closest estimate to where the AI was housed.

((Sorry for not posting guys. I didn't get the alerts. >.<))

Black Luck was tired after using her powers more than she should have but she was thankful when the police decided to finally show up. She still kept her guard up as she pulled out her communicator and followed the ping that indicated where Harlow was. She tried to look around a bit to see if there was anything amiss during the battle. The way that guy showed up and started fighting alongside Cinderblock meant that they were working together and that he may be behind the stone man's actions. Not to mention that the call from Zap earlier put her even further on edge than before. She soon spotted Harlow and jogged over to him and checked to see if he had suffered any serious damage that would be considered life threatening.

At first, Technomancer's chest surged with confidence as he saw the white-haired boy raise his hands. Great, now we've just got to take down Cinderblock. I'll just spray the bleach-head with some containment foam and...But then Cinderblock surrendered too. They were planning something, had already planned something. Now, the two villains must have been waiting for...Ryan's mind swam with possibilities. Reinforcements? No, they wouldn't be surrendering, and it would've been the police...Artillery? No, too dangerous to white-hair...Escape. They have a vehicle...Air? Can't be land, they'd be worried...Unless it tunnels...No, nobody in the city right now has the money for machine like that, and seismographs would've picked it up entering the city hours ago.

A new thought began to worry the genius teen. Is someone staking a claim? The M.O. so far doesn't fit any known villains, excepting maybe Vandal Savage, but he's supposed to be under lock and key right now...Is this someone new? Could someone have hired Cinderblock, Plasmus, and Overload to come back, gotten some groupies to steal the weapons of Mad Mod and Control Freak, and arranged for bleachy to steal whatever he took? No, it's too big a project for a first-timer...There must be something I'm not looking at here...Damnit!

Ryan trained his bionic arm on Cinderblock and his new companion, charging back up for a full power shot if it was necessary. He grit his teeth behind his mask, a painfully hot feeling in his stomach. Technomancer hated to lose.

How long as Skoll been doing this...the white haired boy thought back to his first assignment given by his master...the details were fuzzy. All he could recall was being given a gun and told to kill...it was always that one simple order back then...kill em...stop them...find them...he was a mere child then. And his attention span wasn't exactly impressive in those days. Years later he was able to retain more complex information but he could still only do so much. And as those bright eyes of his gleamed from under his mask...his gaze fixated on the cyborg before him as the titan took steady aim with his bionic arm and pointed it back at cinderblock...The White Wolf's tail swayed behind him softly as the police around him slowly began to creep in closer...Machine guns and blasters aimed towards his head and chest...they seemed nervous...he could see their shaking hands and hear their fluttering hearts...then again he did just infiltrate one of the most heavily secured companies in the city...so he supposed they had some reason to be itchy.

Skoll had an itch as well...an itch he hadn't gotten to scratch in a long time...he couldn't remember the last time he had a good hunt...taking his other form and roaming the forest...the biggest freedom he was ever given by his master...the only one he enjoyed. He clenched the back of his head as one of the officers approached him from behind...taking out a pair of handcuffs and reaching for his arms...and just as the officer grabbed his wrist, Skoll's eyes snapped open.

His body instantly moved...throwing his body to the ground so he was on all fours, he planted his hands into the floor beneath him and pushed hard...throwing his body backwards and sliding underneath the officers legs...when he came out the other side Skoll grabbed his backpack and slid it off, grabbing the cop by the shoulders and wrapping the bag around his chest and arms, looking around and scoffing...taking his own gun and putting it to the officers head...frowning from under his mask he slowly began to squeeze the trigger...the bookbag he had come here with was now strapped onto the officer...and he knew just how to use it...Skoll's eyes wandered from the titan before him to the police helicopter hovering above...looking back down at him, Skoll tilted his head and sighed.

It was time.

A few seconds later, the sound of a large engine roared through the air. And mere moments later a plane flew just above the skyscrapers in a fairly moderate speed...the very same plane he had jumped out of to begin with...and as the plane flew through the city, Skoll backed into the street and nodded, stomping his foot to signal cinderblock. Quickly the large brute leapt into the air over Skoll in attempts to land on the titan and crush him...and just as he would pass over him, the plane would aim down a tractor beam on Skoll's location. The beam was transparent, and once it tracked Skoll's position he was launched into the air along his captive...the beam carrying him into the air along with the plane as he was quickly taken away...Skoll narrowed his eyes, keeping an eye on the chopper before getting high enough above it...the white wolf quickly let go of the cop, kicking him downward so the beam did not catch him as well. The man screamed in terror as he fell towards the chopper blades...and just as he neared the helicopter, Skoll reached into his pocket and pulled out the detonator for the C4 within the backpack...his death was swift and instant...no pain as the explosives went off mere inches from the chopper, instantly causing a chain reaction as the chopper went down as well, whirling towards the earth and crashing into the blockade of cops who had all gathered in one place...the explosion was massive enough to see from a distance as each cop car was launched in every other direction. Skoll winced from behind his mask...that had been more effective then he planned. He initially only wanted to lose the chopper but instead got rid of half the Jump City Police force...

And as he was carried upwards to the plane it slowly began to climb in altitude. Leaving Cinderblock to fend for himself, Skoll was soon out of the area...and after a while made his escape.

((OI! You guys! C'mon, we can't let Teen Titans Go be the last piece of TT stuff, we've got to see this through!))

((I haven't heard jack from anyone. @Solace went MIA as did the person who played Jade Morpha. And Harlow hasn't moved yet.))

Might wanna reopen the OOC thread and let ppl know slots are reopened.

((Reboot, I guess? If half the group is gone...If we don't here back from people in 48 hours, I'll do it. I still haven't entirely learned this insane labyrinth that is Iwaku post-update.))

((Understandable boss. I still like my character so if there is a reboot, can I still play her?))

((Of course, I'll set aside some stuff. I'll still be playing Technomancer.))

(Really don't feel like starting all over....xD)

((Also if this is rebooted I would still like to be apart of it again as Harlow))

Status
Not open for further replies.