Teen Titans: Next Gen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Luck looked around at the other titans, wondering if one of them was going to check if Cinderblock was down for good or if he was playing possum. Though with Cinderblock, age has done nothing to give him any actual brains to come up with playing such a tactic. She couldn't ask Harlow to do it, he was badly hurt from the hit he took earlier and it seemed like her twin wasn't going to go check. She doubted Morpha or her brother would check and Technomancer hasn't made a move towards the stone man. She didn't trust Crow not to do something that could get him or others hurt.

Sighing, Black Luck made her way over to the criminal, muttering something under her breath about slowpokes and useless teammates. Jumping on the mans(?) chest, she poked his face and used her hex blasts to slap him before jumping off his chest. She looked at the others, a finely plucked eyebrow twitching every so often at the others.

"He's down." She announced. "Shall I also call the police to come and get him or will someone else actually move to do something. Also, has anyone seen Zap?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Technomancer had just gotten into position when Harlow an the others took ol' Cinderblock down, hard. He was a bit disappointed, as he'd upgraded his own sonic cannon recently, and had yet to give it a field test. Primarily though, he was relieved that Cinderblock hadn't had the chance to crush his comparably tiny body into chunky salsa. By pressing a small button on his robotic arm, he opened up a small screen, roughly the size of the average smartphone. He pressed the interface a couple of times then spoke, "Star Labs is on their way with a containment unit, though it'll take a few minutes. Zap said she was staying behind, as her powers wouldn't really effect Cinderblock. According to my arm though, her communicator is pinging a few blocks to the east, so she's probably there. At least three of us should stay behind with brickface here. I'm willing to volunteer, though I'm admittedly suspicious of how easily he went down. His file says he's strong enough to go toe-to-toe with non Wonder Woman amazons, and with all due respect, none of us are that tough," he said, "The timing bothers me too," he admitted, "In short, something about Cindy is raising some red flags tonight, and I'd rather he didn't crush me into paste if he wakes up suddenly,"

Cinderblock waited until their guards were down, and then he struck. He made a grasp for Black Luck, who was closest to him while with the other hand he grabbed the car he had landed on and threw it at the rest of the group. He had to delay them longer, or Skoll would be caught and Cinderblock would be punished. He let out a mighty roar, his beard swinging back and forth as he tried to force himself to continue to fight.

Cinderblock waited until their guards were down, and then he struck. He made a grasp for Black Luck, who was closest to him while with the other hand he grabbed the car he had landed on and threw it at the rest of the group. He had to delay them longer, or Skoll would be caught and Cinderblock would be punished. He let out a mighty roar, his beard swinging back and forth as he tried to force himself to continue to fight.
Harlow saw the creature move and his body acted before his brain fully processed what was happening, he saw black luck was in the giant's grasp and knew how bad this situation could turn out if he used the other hand with the car as a weapon. Despite his ribs protest he charged at the creature and jumped at him latching onto the beasts beard before pulling himself onto the and around the creature head where he proceeded to strike him repeatedly, this did two things one it made him let go of black luck and the car second it made Harlow threat number one in cinderblock's eyes. Harlow jumped and rolled away as the beast turned to face him.

Black Luck was caught off guard when Cinderblock grabbed her. She had tried to struggle out of his hold when Harlow jumped on him and gained the massive idiots attention. Falling to the ground, Black Luck quickly did a flip and landed on her feet, but she felt a pit of pain when she landed wrong on her right foot. Growling, she shot another hex blast at him so that Harlow doesn't get all of Cinderblock's attention. "Thank you for the help, Harlow. I owe you one."

So the big guy just refuses to go down huh? Samuel gave an annoyed grimace as he jumped down from the truck, his wings deformed back into his back as he walked forward. He watched as Black Luck seemed to have landed weird, as her grimace read some form of discomfort, but she didnt say anything about it. Cinderblock then moved his attention to Harlow, just after receiving a hex blast from Black Luck. He gave a small growl as he stood next to Harlow, his eyes glowing white as his teeth formed into fangs and his arms were overlayed in a dark energy once more. "Lets just hurry this up and get it over with" he growled impatiently, waiting for Harlow to make his move so he could amplify off of that.

Cinderblock had been halfway through his motion of throwing the car when he'd been knocked down by Harlow. The blows forced him to drop the stupid girl and instead grabbed with both hands for Harlow. Once he was thought that he'd gotten a grip on the hero he tried to hurl him into a nearby building. The blasts from Black Luck called his attention and with a deadly intent, Cinderblock brought his arms up once more and smashed downwards towards the girl. He was hurting but he just needed a bit more time... he just needed to stall for as long as possible.

With Cinderblock's attention taken, Samuel (Shadow Fang) decided it was time to go ahead and strike. As the behemoth was striking down, Shadow Fang lunged at the monster, blasting dark energy directly where his arm connected to his body, seeing it as a weak spot on his body. He leaped up onto Cinderblocks shoulders and continued his barrage on the monsters joint, dark energy blasts left and right, his eyes glowing a bright white as he concentrated all his energy into the attack.

Black Luck was glad to get some help and moved to the side a bit, just barely dodging Cinderblock's arm and started attacking the other arm, following Shadow Fang's example and attacking the enemy's weak point.

Harlow started to move for another attack but his body didn't let him, his knuckles were bleeding and his ribs weren't thanking him for attacking the beast again. He had to do something though so his legs were the next weapon he would use, he ran and drop kicked the creatures right kneecap before rolling away without looking to see if it helped any he ended face up on the sidewalk looking into the sky as the sounds of battle keep going he knew this was where he was gonna stay for the rest of this battle and hopefully he wouldn't mess his body up more that it already has been.

Cinderblock fell thanks to Harlow, but unfortunately he fell far enough to avoid taking the massive damage from the two teens. However, the lumbering giant stood back up and started to move to the nearest lamppost and threw it. Once it was thrown, he kept moving down the street, throwing as he went and hoping that the Titans would be unable to follow him. He ran in the opposite direction of the facility, knowing that he had stalled long enough and if he continued he would lose an arm to these unstable teens.

Zap, meanwhile, was coming back to consciousness. It looked bad, bad enough that she had probably fooled the wolf guy into thinking that she'd died. As she forced herself to her feet to grab her communicator where it had fallen, she almost wished she had died. She powered through the pain and clicked on the communicator. What would she say, that her butt had been beaten by an unknown wolf guy who had also stolen a... thing. She didn't know what it was. The room spun and she knew that she had a concussion.

"Zap calling Titans. Cinderblock was a distraction. At... somewhere. Track my locator. I'm hurt bad. Talk to me, I've got to stay awake. Please hurry, I think he killed the staff too. Nobody's down here." She felt so pathetic, but her ribs felt broken and judging from the blood on the floor she'd lost a decent amount. At least he wasn't in better shape. Some hero she was, getting beaten so easily. Zap moved to the nearest wall and sat against it, and waited. "Haha, maybe I'm a better detective than Batman," She said into the comm. "Spotted this when you couldn't. Maybe I should have called. Please respond... I'm not sure the EMP is gone or not."

As Samuel leaped back, a gargled voice came from his communicator. At first he wondered if it was just some intercepted feedback but surely Technomancer made better tech than that. Curious he pulled out the communicator and listened from a safe distance hearing only chopped up speech from what sounded like Zap.

"Zap... Titans. Cinderblock was... distraction... somewhere. Track my... bad. Talk to me, I've got to stay awake... hurry... he killed the staff too. Nobody's down... this when you couldn't. Maybe I should ...Please respond...the EMP is gone or not"

"What in the hell did this girl do?" Samuel wondered aloud as he pressed the button to track her signal, it was weak but there was something there he could follow. If anything he could sense her once he got close enough. Whatever it was she was following, it didnt really sound very good.

There were enough here to take care of Cinderblock, he looked over to Technomancer and said "I think Zap may be in trouble. Im looking for her" before opening his wings once more and taking off into the sky, tracing the signal as it faded in and out of existence.

Reaching out with his mind, he felt the presence of Zap inside a nearby building. Circling the building, he called to her mentally:

"Zap, dont be alarmed its me ShadowFang. I need you to tell me where you are, Im outside the building where you are at but I cant get a hold of where you are inside."

Zap sat there in pain for a few moments before she heard Samuel in her mind. There was never going to be a time when that wasn't discomforting. At least it jolted her back to consciousness somewhat. Zap stood to try and further establish where she was. The building was very confusing with its layout, and it didn't help that she'd been knocked around during the course of the fight. She established her bearings somewhat and propped herself against a wall.

"I think I'm in the basement. If you're stuck, look for the trail of bodies. Knife wounds, not me. Please hurry, even thinking hurts right now."

All she wanted to do was to curl up into a ball and cry. In fact, she was pretty sure she was already doing the latter part. First time out as a Titan and she mucks it up by going after a guy who nearly kills her. At least she spotted him though, that was something to get out of her terrible day thus far. However, it would be better if she had actually managed to capture the guy as opposed to nearly capturing him and getting herself pretty beat up in the process.

((I swore I'd do something cool, so here it is.))

Technomancer had done his best to harass Cinderblock with a series of sonic blasts, but the massive concrete behemoth didn't even seem to notice them. As Zap's distress call sounded off within the tiny transmitter that would relay any messages to his communicator directly into his ear. "Shadowfang is in route Zap. This is the part where I'd normally advise you to stay put, but I'm doubting that'll be an issue. I'll have this Cinderblock situation wrapped up in a few minutes. If you're in need of emergency surgery, I can have one of the medical drones from the tower fly out to your location, but the jet propulsion systems aren't fully installed, so it would take fourteen minutes and fifty seven point eight seconds for one to arrive at your location," he said quietly, distractedly fishing a small metallic sphere from his toolbelt and hurling it at the concrete villain with his bionic arm. The sphere hit the ground at Cinderblock's feet before exploding with a painfully loud bang and a cloud of thick cobalt smoke. Ryan planned on wrapping the fight up now, so he could start piecing together the rest of what Zap had said. To his considerable knowledge, there were no villains in Jump City with that sort of pull at the present time. Though with a number of valuable and dangerous weapons having recently gone missing, it was possible that one of the new players in the city was considerably more dangerous than his projections had estimated. Sprinting forward into the smoke he'd tossed underneath Cinderblock's feet, he took a leap into the air with his jet boots, transforming his robotic arm into its blade form, and willing it to it's second most powerful setting, so that he might actually deal damage to the hulking concrete criminal. Jetting forward, he sliced his blade across Cinderblock's chest, slicing the villain's beard clean off and leaving a very shallow cut across the concrete flesh of his foe. It wasn't anything serious, far from lethal, but it would hurt. Then, with a second jet from his rocket-boots, he flew upward before reaching back into his utility belt and tossing forth four more of the silvery metal spheres he'd thrown earlier as fell to the earth. These ones didn't explode into smoke, but into bursts of cryogenic gas that froze the nearby air, leaving the lower half of the villain encased in a thick layer of ice. It wasn't anything he couldn't escape from, but it would slow his movements down drastically, hopefully buying enough time for Technomancer to crank his sonic cannon up to full power, so that it might actually knock the concrete-clad Cinderblock unconscious. Now, his arm-cannon was going through the five-second unlock protocol so that he could fire it on it's highest setting, which -hopefully- would be enough to take him down.

One wouldnt be able to see it from ShadowFang's serious demeanor, but when Zap mentioned the 'trail of bodies' it made him wonder who it was that she was following after, and how the hell she survived the encounter, especially being one of the younger Titans. He dove down toward the building, smashing through one of the windows and rolling through the room, his wings shrinking back into him as he did. He stood up battle ready, just in case he were to meet any opposition... but it was quiet... deathly quiet.

On normal circumstances he would enjoy this kind of quiet, but at this point in time, it only succeeded in making him uncomfortable. He breathed a small sigh and concentrated, his eyes changing color as his pupils turned into slits as they took the qualities of a vipers eyes. With this, he was able to see in infrared as he walked through the building, able to sense any changes in temperature due to body heat. He kept going until he came across the start of the body trail Zap had mentioned... ShadowFang was able to see the heat leaving their bodies, causing him to swallow slightly. With a deep breath, he pressed onward, making his way to the basement.

As he got closer, Zaps heat signature came to his vision, and he picked up the pace to that of a hurried walk, still keeping aware of his surroundings. "Damn what happened to you?!" he said as he approached her, morphing his eyes back to their normal look. He knelt down as he took in her wounds, extending his mind to feel where her pain was. Broken ribs... several cuts... damn this was bad. He didnt have the healing magic down like his sister, but he could at least help in another way. Placing a hand on her forehead, he concentrated on the sharpest of her pain, a dark overglow covering his hand as he did.

Zap would soon begin to feel her most intense areas of pain ebb away slightly, making it more like a dull ache rather than a sharp wound. She would see the discomfort on ShadowFangs face as he took some of her pain to keep her conscious a bead of sweat forming on his forehead.

When he was done, he lifted up Zap carefully, pained but still able to function well. "Lets get you out of here" he said to Zap as he carried her out of the basement.

Complications complications. The white wolf was use to meeting resistance during his assignments but he had never had to deal with the titans...his master had warned him of their arrival and that soon they would clash...so be it. Skoll had no problem shedding blood if it meant he would survive...and as he wandered through the corporations halls his bright blue eyes narrowed tightly from under the mask. He was getting close to the room he was looking for...and as the sound of glass shattering on the floors above him reached his ears Skoll paused in his tracks...looking up and tilting his head as his canine like ears swiveled atop his head. Someone had found their way in...the blue eyed beast scoffed and continued onward with his mission.

Approaching a large steel door Skoll reached into his pocket and pulled out a finger of one of the fallen solider he had left for the dogs. Tilting his head and pressing it onto the scanner beside the door...after a few seconds the light flickered green, giving him access to the vault. The doors seemed to exhaust smoke as the heavy framed doors lifted...retreating into the ceiling above and revealing a large room with a glass container in the center...the white wolf proceeded...entering the room and walking up to the container, he lifted his hand and pressed it onto the glass...activating his abilities, he transmuted the glass into tiny dust shards that resembled that of sand. Reverting it back to its base element...peering into the hole he had made, Skoll spotted the gold & silver data cards. Reaching in he snatched them quickly, unzipping his jacket partially and sliding the two devices into a safe compartment that would prevent them from damaging...he then zipped his jacket back up and nodded...phase one was complete...now for extraction. Skoll pressed a small button on his wrist, turning tail and sprinting out of the facility, he made haste to get out...jumping up and kicking open a vent he crawled inside the air ducts and quickly made his way to the side of the buildings air systems...lifting his leg and kicking the metal frame off the wall...finally getting back outside, Skoll jumped out and landed in the street...his ears twitched and swirled...where the hell was cinder-...oh. Skoll simply looked up to see a...cyborg kid fighting the poor stone beast...Skoll narrowed his eyes tightly and watched as the teen tossed grenades and all kinds of other devices at the stone monster...even going as far as to slice off cinderblocks beard. A deep growl erupted in his chest, pushing himself forward and taking off down the street at high speeds, Skoll made his way to the two as Technomancer readied his arm to fire...Watching as the beam fired up, Skoll would rush in right in front of him...face to face with the titan as his hand went grabbed Technomancers arm and attempted lift it into the air just before it blasted...if this worked, Skoll would attempt to launch his hand forward and grab him by the neck...squeezing tightly as he would lift him several inches from the ground and choke him while his other hand held tightly onto his blaster arm...a feral snarl escaping his throat as his white tail lifted in aggression. Predator and prey...meeting at last.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: ProfessorNv
The comm beeped again, and spit out a garbled reply, "Shadowfang... advise you ... stay put... Cinderblock situation... If... need... surgery... medical drones... jet propulsion systems.... fourteen minutes and fifty seven... one to arrive..."

"Shadowfang's already here. Don't know where the thief is now, but be prepared to engage. He's tough to beat. Do not try to fight in close quarters. I repeat, do not fight him in close quarters!" she winced after her shout. A quick check revealed bruised ribs, not broken. Good. She could probably recover pretty well, but the knife wounds were now more of a worry. She'd disarmed the jerk thanks to her powers, but not before he got a few hits in. Thankfully, Shadowfang arrived before she had to worry too much. She laughed at his remark.

"Well, I fought a villain while you guys played superheroes. I kind of screwed it up though," Zap said as he started doing his magic. The immediate relief would bring her ally distress, but it was better than walking while feeling the pain of bruised ribs. Not fun. "Agreed. But ask them to run an inventory and find out what was stolen. Sorry about making you come get me."

Cinderblock had been about to end up a lot worse for wear before Skoll stepped in and managed to knock away the blast. The plan had been to try and get away from the facility, but somehow he ended up getting closer to it. The giant roared and caused a shockwave to go through the road they were standing on. It might destabilize Skoll, but extraction was the priority. If he could distract the Titans a little more or further injure one, then the two of them could escape.

Shadowfang grunted as he heard Zap tried apologizing. "Well next time don't just go off on your own, and if you're going to check something out, make sure you have someone with you." He said to her as he made his way out of the building. He came off as harsh, but to those he was around, they would know that's just how he spoke. He wasn't exactly one to sugarcoat anything that he thought would get someone hurt or worse.

Once outside, he opened his wings and made his way to the tower, planning to scan Zap for her injuries there before making his way back to the group.

Zap rolled her eyes at his harsh words. "You guys had already left, and I bet that someone else got just as beaten up as I did." Probably worse since it was Cinderblock. The guy hit like a freight train, Zap didn't envy the rest of the team on that front. At least her attacker was unknown. Technomancer gave a briefing, but honestly he needed to figure out that briefings were boring.

Zap never liked flying by other person, mostly because it felt like she only had a thin amount of protection from her going splat on the sidewalk below. However, since they were probably going to the Tower infirmary, it was a necessary evil. Seriously. Zap needed a ride just to get off the island. She was tired of being the youngest and of least fame.

"We there yet?" Zap joked as the duo neared the tower.

Harlow sat up with a grunt of pain before he took his vest off, he felt around his torso trying to find if anything was broken but most of his ribs felt in place although the swelling and purple flesh that was his torso still concerned him. His head wound hadn't slowed bleeding leaving his face covered in the stuff, he needed to get help so he grabbed his communicator and started to ping his position. He started to feel tired and weak as shock from both pain and blood loss started to set in this also made him release the communicator, he watched in a haze as it slipped to the ground before passing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.