TEEN MERCENARIES

I went and changed my form, doods.
In short, Barry treasures friends because he's had to abandon so many.
He's also a little suspicious of each of his team mates, and a well-placed piece of evidence can overturn his faith in them entirely. His father brought him up to doubt people's integrity, or something like that.
Barry has dated Ruby in the past, but that lasted about as long as long as an X-Factor winner's career. He just hated her attitude, and stormed off in disgust when he couldn't take it any more.

Plus, I think it would be fun to play the "hard-to-get" mechanic. ;D

[MENTION=1285]OverCast[/MENTION]: Uh, first of all, you've never met Preston. o__O He's the guy hiring you for this particular job. Tommy is the team leader, and he's very hands-on.

I see you've changed a few things, but you seem to have focused more on your skills than your personality, which is what I wanted you to work on. You also are a bit all over the place now. o__o Oli was originally an agility-based character, but now you've got him as being strong. Also, why is he bad at being stealthy? Wouldn't the reflexes needed for parkour help him with stealth? I like the bit about his pain tolerance, though. The strategy thing, I'm going to have to put my foot down on. Tactics and strategy are Tommy and Ruby's gig. You've also got Oli as a bit of a space case, so I don't see strategy really working for him.

Flesh out his PERSONALITY, and try to cut back on too many specializations. Skills and specializations are not the same thing!

[MENTION=1370]Laggy Lagiacrus[/MENTION]: I think Barry's good to go now. I am curious to know if you have any ideas for team relationships outside of what happened with Ruby, but that's optional.

[MENTION=1034]Cerulean[/MENTION]: ...Dwarfs? XD Really?

Reactions: Cerulean
Hey hey hey. They aren't dwarves unless they have at least a 4in. beard and are within 100yards of their very own battleaxe. >=(

Honestly, I wouldn't know what to put, other than "devoted to helping everyone, but Ruby less so." And that's pretty heavily implied.

Ha ha and here I was trying to figure out if I was allowed to add stuff in after the fact :)

Anyway alterations and additions have been now been made and/or clarified. Hopefully all is good now, though I will of course make any other changes necessary.

Just to let everyone know what's up, I've been sick the past few days. Expect Tommy's finished bio and any final character approval stuff late tonight or tomorrow.

And I see that Ceru likes that I'm sick. Asshole. >:|

For the record, I liked that you were keeping up in the loop.

Then you pushed my "You're an asshole" button. I blame myself for having the button installed but that doesn't mean people should push it. ;D

*Pushes Ceru OVER and noogies him* D:<

nuuuu bullying is frowned upon in most threads! *whimpers and cries*

Hey, So I know people are probably really busy and everything, but I just wanted to check to see if this one was still happening?

Aye aye, still happening. I am REALLY sorry, gang, whatever plague I had kicked my ass. I'm going over things tonight so this show can get on the road.

[MENTION=69]Vay[/MENTION]: I need you to finish your sheet, and I'll need you to change the driver bit. That's Jackson's gig. Sure you can drive, but he's the Wheels. Focus on your handyman skills and your combat stuff.

[MENTION=5372]Casual Coquette[/MENTION]: I really am not feeling like your character is a good fit for this game, and you haven't made any changes since I asked. If you want to come back at some point with a new concept, feel free!

[MENTION=1285]OverCast[/MENTION]: I'm still waiting to see you flesh out Oli more. If you don't do this soon, we're going to start without you.

Falcon, [MENTION=4238]Ryex[/MENTION], [MENTION=1370]Laggy Lagiacrus[/MENTION], and [MENTION=1034]Cerulean[/MENTION]: I'm calling your characters officially accepted. I don't see any major issues. [MENTION=58]Grumpy NotaIrish[/MENTION], you've already been good to go for a while. It looks like Dawn dropped out, so anyone who mentioned her character in their sheet should edit that out.

[MENTION=3175]E-Claire[/MENTION]: If you're still interested, post up a bio! We're down a few peeps.

Stand by for the IC and for Tommy's finished bio, in whatever order.

Good to see this one is still living! =D

................... *Gets the Hell out before the plot bunnies suck him in*

Hooray, Still Happening!
And I hope you're feeling better.

I'll think about joining, but I'll need to address that with my current schedule of things.

With certain people missing, we could still use a sniper or a explosives person. I think so, anyways.

Name: Brandon M. Cross

Code Name: The Rouge

Preferred Weapon: The DS-50 Sniper Rifle and Vector CRB SMG. The little one for stealth, the big one to say "In your face".

Appearance:
michael-b-jordan.jpg

6'1, with dark black hair cut into a low-fade with a neat trim about the line. He bares caramel colored skin with a medium muscle build. He only wears his equipment when... whenever he feels like it. Most of the time he's working in cargo pants, a t-shirt, finger-less gloves, and a bandanna.

Specialties:
  • Recon--Brandon is the hawk, the overseer, the guardian, and scout among the team. He offers support using motion sensors, a personal recon drone, or using the high ground to call out incoming targets. He'll give you the meat of what's on his scope, never the fat
  • Hand-to-Hand-- Tiger Style Chinese Kung-Fu with a bit of MMA and you've got a lethal death machine.
  • Marksman/Pinpoint Shooting-- Everyone said that shooting squirrels with a pellet wouldn't help him in the future. But you don't see them being able to pop their eyes out with just the iron sight of a gun, now do you? With generously given time, or when the team is in a bash, Brandon kicks his skills into overdrive and can drop multiple targets with a a grouped twitch of his fingers. Just expect to have blood on you when he's done.
  • Patience-- With the cut-throat mindset he has when hiding in the hills, Brandon needed a calm mind to keep him still under fire. You can hell in his face, punch him in the shoulder, even call him a name, and he'll do nothing.... yet.
  • Tactical Genius-- On the ground Brandon is providing advice to the team that usually helps get the job done. With each scouting run, he's sure to take note of every option available, then report it back to the squad. So far, he hasn't killed them yet. Maybe he should get into being a therapist next.
Weaknesses--
  • Brandon can be a great guy in the long run, but is a bit of a renegade at times. With his past life, he has a dangerous sense of vendetta that threatens any in his sights.
  • He bares a strong sense of justice, which ties into his vendetta system. In his line of work, he's always wanted to put the bad guy down, and has, but some have been REALLY bad and the usually have to bring them in. It leaves a sour taste in his mouth every time, but his team seems to lock it down quickly.
Hopes/Dreams-- Old enough to go to the military, Brandon hopes to someday join his Mom on the front lines. If she refuses to let him, he plans to return home to Louisiana and start his college career at LSU. There he plans to take every science and technology course they have, and come out with a bang into a new life.

Worst Fear(s)-- With his father fallen in the line of duty, and his mother stuck on the front line, Brandon has come to terms with death in the family. He's more concerned with effort and coming to no avail. He fears that they'll have done something for nothing in the future, more than death itself.

Outer Personality-- Brandon oozes the aura of an assassin on the outside. He's quick, logical, and has philosophy most never tend to think about. While he does find a friend and family in the team, he is quiet around them. Usually he never laughs or cries, but he lets you know where you stand with him.

Inner Personality-- His inner self somewhat reflects his outer-self. The inside of Brandon's mind is cold, dark, and disturbing to those who dare to travel it in hopes of finding a little boy. Instead, you'll find a blood lusting vampire, who rejoices in taking the life of the foul and depraved.

Backstory-- "My mom and dad were home bound for the military. It's where they met, it's where they dated, married, conceived me, and birth me.

It wasn't until I was six did they teach me how to take care of myself; I was glad it was just before they both had to leave me for Syria. My father was a Marine, my mother an Army Ranger and both the best at what they do. While they were away, that is when the program came for me.

I wasn't the only child there, the rest were already in their adolescent years. I remained silent for the duration of the initiation and the training. Some called me a freak for how young I was and how well I could kill. Others simply feared me and anything I had to say. They had good reasons.

It wasn't long until we were discovered and shutdown. Feds never could make the hard choices of warfare.

It was about my two days before my thirteenth birthday that I was discovered by Thomas and Ruby. They requested me to join them to start a local mercenary group... I refused. In turn, they retaliated and tried to force me. I fought them back ferociously, exchanging bruises, broken bones, and disabling limbs left and right. Eventually we came to a stop when each of us had a busted lip, bloody nose, and a black eye.... I reconsidered.

Since then I've been under them as if they were my own. Our hire wanted us to retrieve an important package of his--possibly dead or alive--and return it to him.

I expect casualties.."

Team Relationships--

Kasey Lommas-- While he never says much, he can hold a full conversation with this femme-fatale. Occasionally he goes to her for a custom round to load into his rifle, or to sit around and drink up a cup of... whatever.

Valerie Page--Not much of a mother but more of an older sister. She bugs him when he gets stabbed, makes him clean his side of the bunker, and always has a hug for him at the end of the day(theoretically, you'll never hug him... ever). They have a love-hate brother and sister vibe going on. It's starting to kill him.

Ruby Delgado-- It was because of her that she and Thomas found Brandon in the first place. He was living a quiet life off grid until she hacked into his cell and tracked him. He admires her sense of determination, but her way of business got him shot three times (counting Guatemala) and nearly captured in the last mission. He's not fond of her skills with people, but all good when it comes to info. He refuses to be left alone in a room with her however, or even take a shower without disabling the surveillance first.

Tommy Powers-- He and Tommy sometimes clash heads when it comes to tactical advice. Sometimes literally. He's older, yes, but Brandon doesn't care for it. He respects him as a leader, but will always take better advice. Sometimes they have the Older bro/Younger bro argument, sometimes they seem like best friends fighting over a girl (if Brandon ever fights over anything other than tactics).

Jarek Barkov-- Brandon has yet to make up his mind about him.

Oliver Hale--He's.... a bit more distant in IQ to Brandon. Though he's good for drawing fire if he wants to prance around.

Audrey Baxtrum-- "That child needs a chill pill."

Barry Smith--He needs some yoga, a cup of tea, and possibly a paralyzing strike.

Norman Baxtrum-- Calm, collected, and always watching over his sister. He's OK in his book... but if he's caught messing with Brandon's cell again, he's going to put a bouncing betty in his bed.

Jackson Enders-- Your ideal getaway driver. Not your ideal wingman in a bar. It's not good to have a wingman that may have an eye for the big biker's girl.... Leaves Brandon having to get his hands dirty.

Last edited by a moderator: