Teen Island

Siva sat and wondered if Amelia would keep talking to her when she heard Ericka shouting, wondering where Siva were.
She didn't know if it would be to rude to leave Amelia but she did anyway
"exuse me" she said to Amelia and went out from the room to find Ericka.

Amelia raised her eyebrows at the girls reply; god did this girl have some kind of problem with talking to other people. She forced herself to smile though and shrug her shoulders before glancing around the room once again. "Well, nice to meet you Siva." Her voice was clipped and anyone that could hear could tell that Amelia tone was dripping with sarcasm. If people wanted to be social with her she couldn't be the only one making an effort. She could tell that the girl wasn't really interested in talking but Amelia was trying to make an effort dammit, her probation officer had told her to keep her temper in check and make friends. Mentally rolling her eyes she sat up a little straighter as hearing someone call out the girls' name. Maybe the girl could be social after all! There was still hope! But then Amelia lost all hope as the girl got up and left with a simple excuse me. Sighing heavily Amelia dropped her arms on the table and groaned inwardly. She hated people, she hated being around other people except those that she knew well. Glancing around the room she looked for something to stare at; of course unless someone else would just so happen to walk in and perhaps keep her company and keep her from completely losing her mind and any self-control she had left. She wondered if she could smoke in the house, if not then she was in for many walks on the beach at night. Shifting her foot Amelia began tapping it light on the ground as she waited for the other people to finally join her at the table; she wondered where the hell that rich guy was anyways.

Siva found Ericka a bit from the dining room and instead of saying hi she just took up a hand and waved to her.

---

Alexander walked around the house, the most of the people seemed to be outside. He were just going to go outside but suddenly he saw a girl sitting alone in the dining room.
"Hello" He said to her "mind if I join you?" He continued and sat down before she had answered.
"I'm Alexander, but call me Alex. Whats your name?" He smiled and stretched out his hand to chake hers.

Amelia had continued to sit in the dining room staring off into space as she waited for the other people at the house to join her for dinner. She was getting impatient with them when suddenly a male walked into the room. Now, Amelia didn't have a problem with males but over the years she had learned to never trust one, nor did she ever let them know what she was feeling. Raising her eyebrows slightly she listened as he asked if he could sit down but joined her before she could answer. She hoped this person would be nice, and actually talk a little more than the girl before him. Amelia enjoyed talking to others and she did enjoy getting into debates with people; she didn't really enjoy shallow conversations where people talked about clothing and hair. She shivered on the inside of the thought of being stuck in a conversation with someone about hair. Smiling slightly blue hues stared at the male as a tanned hand reached forward to grasp his within hers and shook it gently. "I'm Amelia, nice to meet you Alex. Where are you from?" She asked casually, she couldn't detect an accent from him and she was sure that he would detect hers quickly. Amelia always spoke with a southern accent, some had compared her voice to Paula Deens, but sweeter on the ears like velvet. She had chuckled at her friend's comparison and had told them she was nothing like the famous cook.

Later on down the road Amelia would figure out that her accent was like the woman's and it scared her completely senseless. She had attempted to speak without an accent but it just wasn't possible for her so, she accepted her southern roots and spoke like the Georgia girl she was. She wasn't afraid to show others that southern girls weren't all countries girls that rode horses, though she could and had a few times. Amelia was one of those few females that enjoyed tattoos and rock music but could appreciate the type of life living in the country gave you. She could name at least twenty Hank William Jr. songs by song and show some boys how to skin a deer better than their fathers could. Smiling again she eyed the boy for a moment before deciding that he might be nice, though she wouldn't make any judgments until he showed his true colors, she would patiently wait for the moment it would happen and chuckle to herself as it did. Men always had ulterior motives when dealing with women, she had learnt that at a young age and had accepted that no man could truly care for a woman the way he should.

She shook Alex hand and told him her name was Amelia, then asked where he were from.
"Well, I come from United Kingdom from the beginning but six years ago my parents got a divorce and my father moved back to new york where he grew up, and then I decided to come with him." He said and laughed a bit, he didn't have any british dialect even though he had lived there the most of his life. "So where are you from? Southern?" He asked Amelia, even though her dialect where southern she didn't look like those southern people you often saw on pictures.
But she was cute, actually she was really hot. Alex tried to shake of that thought, he weren't there to look at sexy girls, he had a perfect girlfriend waiting for him at home. He would never betray her, ever. He would never be one of those guys.

Amelia smiled as he announced where he was from, she found it interesting that he had been to so many places. Hearing him ask where she was from she chuckled at his guess of the south. Nodding her head black curls fell over her shoulders and tickled her arms. Moving one hand to sit on the table while the other moved beneath the table and sat in her lap she began to speak calmly, "Mhm, I'm from Georgia, lived there pretty much my whole life. Never really went anywhere else though except once I went to Kansas to see my great aunt before she passed away. It's cool though how you've lived in different places, I wish I could travel more but my mom doesn't make enough to afford to send me to just anywhere." Smiling brightly Amelia shrugged her shoulders after her last words and raised her arms above her head to stretch her back before glancing towards a side door as a woman walked in with two plates. "Oh finally, some food!" She exclaimed before glancing over at the male smiling even more. Reaching one hand out to grasp a fork she smiled up at the woman. Her tattoo covered arms moved gracefully as she slid her plate closer to her. Glancing down at the large steak with a baked potato to the side and some steamed carrots she smiled hearing her stomach growl softly.

Eating the food quickly but politely Amelia finished up by sipping her water slowly and then glancing across the table at Alex. He seemed like a nice guy and she smiled brightly as an idea suddenly struck her. It would give her a chance to get to know him and walk outside to smoke a cigarette. "Alex, would you like to join me for a walk on the beach? Just so we can get to know one another, it doesn't look like anyone else is going to be joining us anytime soon and I'm sure they wouldn't mind if we just slipped out for a little while. I want to hear all about New York, I've never been there before." Her voice was light and carefree as she spoke and her blue eyes sparkled with enthusiasm about hearing about his time in New York.

Alex got as happy as Amelia did when the food came, he was hungry to. He ate just a litle food, he had never been able to eat as much as others. People sometimes thought he were anorexic but he never lost weight even though he ate so litle, and he never thought himself of either to big or to small.
Amelia and Alex finnished eating almost at the same time. Suddenly she asked him if he wanted to join her for a walk on the beach. Well she got a point in that the others didn't seem to be comming there soon. And they could always join them later anyways.
"Sure if you want to" he said and smile, some of his friends that happend to be girls always told him not to smile like that to other girls because they could get the wrong idea and think he were flirting. Ofcourse he always forgot about that and did it anyways. Many girls often thought he were flirting both because of his looks and his way of acting, ofcourse that was never his intenciouns.

He got up from the chair and were ready to walk out "So what do you want to know?" he asked because he had no idea where to start.

Amelia nodded and stood up to walk towards the door. "You don't mind if I smoke do you? I'll try to blow the smoke away from you but I can't control where the wind takes it." She asked, if he had a problem with her smoking she wouldn't do it and just wait until she was alone or something. Amelia didn't know if there was smoking allowed inside the house and she didn't want to risk breaking any of the rules, if there were any. Blue hues were bright as she heard his question before walking through the doorway into the entrance hall, hoping he would follow her outside. "Well, what's the weather like up there?" She asked, she had never been that far up north before and didn't know if it was really as cold as so many people claimed. Walking towards the front door she reached forwards and pulled it open, waiting for him to go out before she would follow.

"No I don't mind if you smoke" He laughed and walked outside waiting for her to come out herself after him. He had so many friends who smoked so he didn't notice the smell anymore, it would almost be a chock for him if no one at the island smoked.
"well the winters are cold, and the strong winds doesn't make it any better, and the summer is hot and humid. I like the spring and autumn, then it is somewhat good weather."
They walked down the path towards the beach, on their way he noticed many people at the pool, so that's where everyone had gone to.

Amelia smiles brightly as she hears that he doesn't have a problem with her smoking as they walk. She was relieved that he didn't mind, she would have had to wait even longer and it had already been almost six hours since she'd had one. Pulling the back of Pall-malls from her pocket she slipped one of the long cigarettes from the pack and retrieved her black lighter with a pirate on it from her pocket as well. Lighting her cigarette Amelia nodded after exhaling the smoke and stuffing the pack of cigarettes and lighter back into her jeans pocket. Listening to him speak she thought about how he said the winters were harsh, she had heard it snowed a lot up there but she had never known the wind was bad as well. "I've heard the winters are horrid." Glancing down at her bare feet as they walked down the path Amelia thought of her home. She missed it already but she knew this little trip would do her well. Maybe she would learn to control her temper. Noticing him glancing at the pool she decided to change the topic. "Do you have any tattoos? I'm sure you can tell I do since I kind of have a lot." She chuckled and glanced down at her arms, staring at the array of colors covering her skin.

They strolled down the path chit-chating, Alex thought it was a really nice start. He didn't think he would meet someone to talk to this fast, especially since he was late.
"Yeah the winters are really horrid, I hibernate every winter in my room" he laughed and looked up on the cloud free sky before continuing "no I don't have any tattoos, I don't think tattoos are my 'thing' so I pass on that." He thought for a moment "but if I would get one, it would be an eagle, the symbol for strength, freedom and victory. But right now it's not my thing so the eagle will need to wait." He said and felt how the wind changed direction so the smoke came in his face. He went to the other side of Amelia before continuing.
"So does your tattoos symbolise anything?" He asked her.

Amelia listened to him explain the winters in New York, chuckling softly she noticed him move to the other side of her. Smiling over at him she heard him explain that tattoos weren't really for him and asked if hers meant anything. Looking down at her own tattoo covered arms she stared at the roses circling her forearms and wrists. Dropping the cigarette to the ground she covered it with dirt to make sure it went out before continuing to walk. Taking a moment to think she took a deep breath before beginning to speak and point at the roses on her wrist. "Yeah, they have plenty of meaning to me. The roses on my wrists represent the hardships I've been through. Roses are beautiful yet deadly because of their thorns. If you look closely you'll see that the thorns are digging into my skin and that some have blood dripping from them. That represents that I've been hurt in my life by something that I thought was beautiful, like love." Pausing for a moment she glanced down for a moment before pausing and pulling up her t-shirt to show him the half sun and half-moon surrounding her belly button. "That symbol represents the beauty of day and night, that everything has two sides to it and that looks can be deceiving. I have others, but that would involve me removing clothing and that would be a bit awkward. The dragon on my back is for protection, along with the full moon surrounded by two crescent moons on each side of it. It's really a symbol for my religion and faith but it can also mean that I accept the blessing of the goddess." She finished speaking and smiled brightly before continuing to walk and push her shirt back down over her stomach.

Amelia wasn't used to telling people what her tattoos meant to her or why she had gotten them. She wasn't even used to showing them to people really. Her mother had disapproved when she first began getting them but eventually after explaining their symbolism to her she warmed up to the idea and accepted the fact that Amelia had them. Glancing over at Alex Amelia could only think about the fact that he seemed like a nice guy. Taking a deep breath she asked another question quickly. "So, what brings you here to this paradise on an island?" She was slightly joking about the paradise part. She thought it was nice here but she thought the person that owned it had spent too much money on trying to get a nice house for just his self. She thought that people should only buy what they need and save their money for emergencies. You never know when you'll have a fire or need brain surgery that costs all kinds of money.

Alex listened to Amelia when she explained her tattoos meaning and he thought it was really interesting. He laughed sligtly when she told him she couldn't show him more tattoos because then she needed to remove her clothes.
"Yeah I don't think my girlfriend would appreciate it if I came here just to look at stripping girls." He laughed, and continued "but on the other hand, what happens in vegas stays in vegas."

Amelia asked him why he had come to this Island and Alex needed to think for a while before he could answer.
"hmm.. well, the main reason is that my father is going to france in work, so I would be left alone at home in two and a half month if I had stayed. I could have lived with my mother in great brittain untill he returned but she has a lot of work to do so she comes home very late at night and when she is home she is too tired so she doesn't have time for me anyway. So I decided I wanted to go somewhere and I ended up here somehow." He told her and asked "So what brought you here?"

Blue hues stared down at the ground for a few more minutes as she continues walking beside him. A small chuckle escaped her soft red lips at his words about his girlfriend. She hadn't known that he had one, but she was slightly relieved that he did. Amelia was actually afraid of love, afraid of being close to someone. She had always kept people close enough to be her friend but never close enough to truly break her heart. Glancing over at him she smiled softly before speaking. "Well, I'm sure your girlfriend wouldn't like that at all but she doesn't have to worry about anything. You seem like a nice guy and I'm definitely not here looking for love or a hook-up." Another chuckle escaped her lips as a soft breeze picked up obsidian tendrils of her hair and made them dance across her shoulders. Staring off into the ocean for a moment Amelia stopped and picked up a seashell from the sand. Walking slowly towards the edge of the water she stood close enough to allow the water to tickle her toes as the waves came in. Holding the shell between her fingers she stared off into space, admiring the sunset as she thought of his question.

How could she tell someone that she had been forced to come here by her probation officer? How could she even explain why she was on probation? Oh yeah, I sell drugs for a living and I got caught with too much weed on me one night so now I'm on probation for a year, yeah I'm trying to turn my life around. She scoffed at herself on the inside at the thought that anyone would believe her, but she was used to people judging her for her past so taking a deep breath and steading her nerves she began to speak. "I'm on probation actually. My probation officer thought it would be good for me to come out here and spend some time with some other people around my own age. She thinks it'll help me with my social skills, she also says I'm a smartass and that it's an automatic defense mechanism that I use to make sure people don't get close to me." Glancing over at him she smiled knowing that he could tell by the look on her face that she herself thought her probation officer was full of shit. Shrugging her shoulders slightly Amelia waited for the moment he would ask why she was on probation and simply stop talking to her.

Amelia went towards the edge of the water, looking at the sunset almost mesmerized, lost in her thoughts. It took a while for her before she answered his question. She told him about her being forced there by her probation officer and when she looked at him he saw how she thought that they were all idiots who thought they new what whas best for her.
Alex got really curious to why she were on probation but decided not to ask,
"Those kind of people are all full of shit, thinking they know your best. But they still try to help you, just give it a chance and it will get better somehow." He said "I remember when I was going to a psycologist, she just told me things I already knew and nothing she said made any sense to me. But in the end she saved my life. So just don't give up and keep fighting, then you will eventually win against your problems" He continued and smiled.
He would let her tell him if she wanted to but untill she was ready to tell anyone he wouldn't push her to it. Shortly after his parents had divorced one of Alex friends had died, he had become really depressed and almost killed himself. He didn't want to talk about it himself for a long time after he had gotten out of his depression, but now he could talk about it like it was only a book he had read. It didn't feel like it had actually happend anymore, it was just some weird dream he had a long time ago.

(OOC: Many apologies for being MIA!)

Meanwhile, inside the huge mansion, Raven's work hours were finally over. Her day went by uneventful, aside from her amusing interlude with Preston Howell. It's not like she saw him naked, but he was her boss. Raven made sure to get out of the room and back to work as quickly as possible, but the whole thing followed her thoughts leaving her mind bouncing from hilarious alternatives to her wondering if something like that could get her fired. No one called her up to complain, so she assumed the entire matter was forgetting.

At least her shift was done. While the guests milled about in the dining room, Raven ate quickly in the kitchen. Normally she would linger around and chat with the other co-workers, but the circumstances of her job left her feeling a little uncomfortable. She didn't want to admit it, but knowing she was going to spend the next couple of weeks working and serving people her own age totally sucked. Maybe she could request to be put somewhere that shouldn't have to run in to people.

In the mean time... Raven slipped out the back door to the gardens. There was a hidden path to a secluded beach and she was looking forward to taking advantage of a private space to view the sunset. The beach was amazing and there was no way she was going to miss out on the scenery, even if she did make a personal vow not to interact with the guests.

A full throated laugh escaped her lips, sounding like music as she tilted her head back and chuckled at the boy. He was sure to be fascinating company for her to keep. Amelia wasn't sure how her probation officer would feel about his theory of people like her. Smiling at the boy her eyes twinkled softly with amusement before she bent down and picked up another seashell from within the sand, shaking the excess grains of sand from it she held it in her hand for a moment before tossing it into the water aimlessly. "I'm sure she would love your theory of how they are all full of shit and don't know anything." Her voice was filled with laughter as she spoke before turning to the boy her tone serious for a moment as she spoke. "I was arrested for possession and intent to sell but I got off with just probation for a year because I sold out my source. Now, I'm ostracized from my home town by all of the worst people possible and my mother thinks I'm a disgrace. But, have no fear! I still managed to insult every judge and lawyer in the room at my hearing. They say that I'm too smart a girl to be caught up in a crowd like that. I think they're a bit right, but things are never that simple are they?" Having said her small speech and let her little secret out of the bag Amelia smiled as if she knew something that no one else would ever understand; though they never would.

Turning she glanced up at the big house for a moment before deciding that it was getting late as she finally noticed that the sun had completely set by now and that it was fairly dark out now. "I'm figuring we should probably get back before we get lost." She mumbled before beginning to walk slowly back up the beach; shaking sand from her jeans Amelia thought of what it would be like to go back home, having to watch her back the entire time she walked through the small town. She figured she would end up having to move sooner or later or wind up dead in a ditch and she definitely didn't want to die in a ditch. She couldn't imagine the way her mother would feel having a police officer ask her to identify her body and how her mom would probably fall back into drinking like she had when Amelia's father had left a long time ago.

[Where has everyone else gone to?]

Jeremy arrived on the island, much later than the others. He sat on the beach, waiting for someone who was already there to show him where the hell he was. The wind blew his soft brown hair, his fingers softly rubbing on his scars. Would that scarecrow guy be here, that's the only real reason he was here. His suitcase had stealthy clothes in it, and he wore a small hidden blade under his sleeve. Once he found the guy who met the description, he would swoop in.

Walking along the beach with the skies in the distance turning a deep orangey hue, Raven was lost in her own little world. Out there alone, it was easy to forget how awkward her summer job was. The ocean was gorgeous. Faintly rolling waves of aqua green softly crashing up against sandy white beaches. Raven loved this place. Maybe all this stuff would be worth it, if she could see this view every night.

Of course "alone" didn't last long. The downside to being smitten with a great view, was the bad habit of not watching where you were walking.

Raven tripped over someone sitting on the beach with his suitcase and fell face first in to the sand. Sand went flying every where in an ungraceful ploomph. When she rolled over and sat up, she was now staring at Jeremy, who was probably as surprised to be tripped on as she was to stumble over him.

"...Sorry. I wasn't paying attention. Shouldn't you be in the house?" This guy she didn't recognize, and seeing his suitcase beside him, Raven surmised he probably arrived really late.

"Good girl" Alex said after she had told him about her insulting all the lawyers and judges, he looked at the sky and noticed that the sun was completely down. He didn't mind if they walked in the dark, he often walked in the dark at home. Even though his father always told him not to, you never know what can happen in new york. Alex didn't really care if someone murdered him, he didn't care that much if he was alive or dead, he didn't have anything special to live for but nothing to die for either so he would live untill he died.
"Yeah you're probably right, we should go back" He answered her and turned around with her. He would just go out later when everyone else were asleep.