Tech Terror

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Crysodic

Original poster
Tech Terror

In Shawsville, USA, the people of this city are obsessed with technology. Each person is known to have multiple electronics in use constantly, which makes them extremely vulnerable targets for the epidemic that happened on a certain day. As people began to use technology, they became cyborgs and began running rampant through the city.

As the cyborgs ran rampant, you were probably enjoying a nice cup of coffee or taking a nice cat nap. But as you saw these people, you knew that you needed to take action. You also know that if you didn't, then it was very possible that you would die. You searched through your house for weapons and as you found them, you began to fight back against the cyborg threat. While on a rampage, you encounter a group of three people who seem to be handling the situation very well.

newcreate.png

newcreate (1).png
The Techies are the shut-ins who are usually drinking milkshakes while they go and hack into a government facility through security cameras. So… You could say they’re not the most athletic of all the factions. They specialize in disarming machines and usually carry around a few EMP weapons for convenience.

newcreate (2).png
The Skaters are the… Well… The Skaters. They hang out in the city and go everywhere on their skateboards. Oh yeah… And most of these skaters don’t deal with shit by running away like the girly free-runners, they beat the living hell out of their enemies with their decent close-combat skills and their skateboard.

newcreate (4).png
The Free-Runners are an organization of overseers of the city basically. They know every in and out of the city and can run faster than most because they’ve trained themselves to escape in a dangerous situation. When they approach an enemy, they usually take them on in hand-to-hand combat, but they know when they need to run away.

newcreate.png
The Druggies are… The Druggies. Wow what a concept! They’re obsessed with drugs and the majority of the members of this faction just do drugs constantly. This faction also functions as a drug ring for the city and has a number of products that they sell to a number of different places inside the city. Most of the druggies have a good knowledge of how to use drugs to cure certain ailments, so in combat, they usually act as healers, but they can also functions as a debuff/buff for the people involved. They can weaken enemies with syringes full of toxins or strengthen allies with syringes full of useful medicine.

newcreate (3).png
The Panzers are the criminals in the city who have begun to run amok and began to cause troubles for all parties affected by the horrible things infecting the population of people in Shawsville. They just cause trouble and everyone hates them, so… It’s probably not a good idea to be interacting with them because they get attacked frequently by a large variety of people.

The setting will be described within the first post of the IC

Character Name: The name of your character.

GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS
General Appearance: Eyes, Hair, Height, and other visual details. Pictures also work. In fact, pictures are awesome.
Orientation: Straight, gay, etc.
Species/Race: Human

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS
Current Goal/Purpose: Their agenda they would like to accomplish.
Talents: Things your character is good at.
Inabilities: Things your character is terrible at. For example, spelling or getting along with animals.
Fears: Things your character is afraid of, has a phobia of, or even small events they don't want to happen.
General Personality: This is the personality that the world sees. What people believe of your character. How they interact with other people.
Inner Personality: The part of your character's personality that they don't like to reveal to others. What people rarely get to see!
Secret: That one thing they don't want the world to find out.

OTHER
Brief History: What you were doing before/during Horror Night​

Last edited by a moderator:
Sonia 'Epiphany' Louisette - Signature Fonts - Simply Glamorous - b50e30.png

GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS

General Appearance:
Sonia 'Epiphany' Louisette.jpeg

"Well... Last time I checked, I'm 100% sure that I had both boobs and a vagina."
Female

Orientation:
"I'm more interested in the organs of someone's body instead of their physical appearance. To me, I just don't find it appealing."
Asexual

"I'm at the age where I can drink. Also... Hasn't anyone told you not to ask women about their ages?"

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose:
"People being turned into cyborgs is a very odd occurrence... And I simply just want to find the correlation between human anatomy and the electronics controlling them."

Find out why people are being turned into cyborgs.

Talents:
"I'd say that I'm a talented surgeon. Since I'm a talented surgeon, I know my way around a knife. I suppose I'm also a decent cook. Oh yes! I also know more than a few things about different kinds of plants and medicines. This comes in handy in a lot of situations. Most people just buy drugs from the druggies and sometimes they have some issues with withdrawing. I'm usually the person you want to seek out for that kind of thing. I'm also somewhat helpful when it comes to cooking. I suppose I could make some random items, like... Maybe an apple pie or something, but... For the most part, I know a few things about cooking."

Inabilities:
"Well... I suppose I'm terrible at reading certain social situations. I always say whatever comes to mind first. And I've been told many time that I'm insensitive, so I suppose that might be why. But... It's not like I really care. The only thing I really care for is my research. And... Sometimes that can't be conducted. Hmm... What else am I horrible at? I suppose I'm blunt."

Fears:
"Umm... I'd rather not admit this, but... I'm deathly afraid of crabs. They're the only thing I will not ever experiment with in the world."

General Personality:
"Well... As I said before, I'm pretty insensitive and I just say whatever I want, whenever I want. It's not because I don't care for others... Oh... Who am I kidding? I don't really consider others when saying something or doing something. And I also said I was blunt. I'm definitely blunt."

Inner Personality:
Sonia really leaves everything out in the open, so... She doesn't really have an inner personality.

Secret:
"You know... I actually killed someone while in an operating room, but I did it on purpose because they were being a dick to me before the surgery. SHH. Don't tell anyone."

OTHER
Brief History:
Sonia was just having a nice night with herself. She was working at a hospital pretty late and heard some people partying just around the block. And when she was filling some syringes, there was a large human with a half-metal body that had crashed through the front of the hospital and was killing people left and right. As she noticed it, she injected a syringe full of a numbing toxin, which restricted the human's movement. Since it couldn't really move, she started to study it, but in the process of trying to figure out what happened, it shorted out and the being died. After it had died, she headed outside to find a huge number of them roaming the streets. She was quite surprised and tried to meet up with a few of her friends so that they could tackle the situation together. As she joined up with the other two, they went around looking for other survivors.

Items:
Sonia carries around a blowgun and a pouch which carries a number of medicines/toxin. The blowgun was made from a random hollow branch she found.​

sudegnakno2.medium.png

-GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS-
General Appearance: Ryan is around 5'9 in height and is what is generally considered as wiry and lanky. His arms and legs seem to be too long for his torso, but somehow he manages to pull the look off with his oddly flowing movements and the general manner in which he seems to sway whenever he moves, and it doesn't seem off as he does so because of his spectacular sense of balance. He has dark blonde hair and dark blue eyes.
55a41d12df94d386a226456385ac4411.jpg

Orientation: Bisexual
More: N/A

-MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS-
Current Goal/Purpose: Survival. He isn't all that concerned about any of the more immaterial things.

Talents: Decisive, fast reflexes, garnering respect from others, focused, extremely motivated and dedicated.

Inabilities: Very prideful, short temper, acts before he thinks, a bit closed-minded (he is extremely biased towards action opposed to waiting for anything or trying to negotiate peace or something similar).

Fears: Loosing respect, being 'thrown to the curb'. Also, breaking a leg / bone that would stop him from moving with ease; he hates the thought of being confined to bed, wheelchair, crutches or anything of the like. He likes being free to do whatever he wants to do.

General Personality: Most people see Ryan as being rather rough-and-tumble, ready to face anything that life might throw at him and work with it to meet his desired outcomes. Despite it, he doesn't seem to be one to 'go with the flow' but rather both stalls and works with the flow like a rock jutting up in a stream. He doesn't stop the stream entirely but doesn't give into what it wants either. He's very dependable and keeps to his word no matter what happens. He keeps the same attitude with his grudges. Ryan does tend to be prone to shouting at people, hurting many a feeling, but doesn't usually mean much by it - in fact, when he's truly angry, his voice drops to a menacing whisper. Ryan is always striving to be the best he can be and when he tries to pick up a new skill he will work at it relentlessly until he's mastered it completely. He enjoys physical activity, finding it soothing. Usually when he's angry he'll go out and skate for awhile.

Inner Personality: He's rather insecure, always fighting to be recognized and to be respected. He wants to make a mark on other people's lives and to be remembered, he doesn't want to be 'plan B' or in 'second place', he wants to be important.

Secret: He breeds fish and his house is essentially half-aquarium. On days when exercising doesn't take care of his anger and temper he enjoys watching his fish swim around and knows each of their hundreds of names by heart.

-OTHER-
Brief History: He had just woken up from a nap. Usually after he sleeps he goes on a run, and sleepy as he was he didn't realize that most of the population had turned into weird machine things until one attacked him. After that he quickly went out to try and locate a few of the people he considered friends, figuring that they might have some clue as to what was going on.

-----​

attic.regular.png

-GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS-
General Appearance: Renae is considered around average height, standing at 5'5. She's lean but not particularly well muscled; she can do some running and she has good stamina but she is a weak sprinter. Her hair is a darker brown with lighter highlights and eyes that match. She prefers to keep herself presentable at neat when possible and doesn't have any tattoos though she does have three piercings in each ear.
latest

Orientation: Heterosexual
More: N/A

-MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS-
Current Goal/Purpose: Trying to save the cyborgs, figuring out a way to battle them without hurting them.

Talents: High in energy and spirit, very motivated, innovative, talented mechanic.

Inabilities: Finds it hard to engage in conflict, doesn't like to face problems head-on, persistent to a fault.

Fears: Being in a situation where she can't do anything that will make an impact on the outcome, open spaces (agoraphobia).

General Personality: Renae willing to socialize regardless of the fact that she sometimes isn't in the mood to deal with people. Despite it she cares very deeply about what others think of her and tries to come across as best she can. Because of this she has set very high standards for herself and doesn't settle for achieving anything less than the best. In order to obtain this goal she works hard and has a 'all or nothing' attitude towards most everything, including personal affairs such as relationships or seemingly mundane chores like cleaning and cooking. Renae is fiercely competitive and will take even a general comment as a challenge. She takes the comments of people around her to heart and strives daily to improve herself, though this sometimes can get on people's nerves. She tends to be more on the pessimistic side when she talks about herself, but is otherwise very optimistic and is always looking at the best in people and situations.

Inner Personality: On the inside Renae isn't much different then she is on the outside; she does generally conceal how hard she is on herself from people though it is still apparent that she is a very hardworking girl and takes most things very seriously. She is always striving to do the best she can no matter how hard it is on herself though is also very considerate of others and her impact on them. On first impression she appears just to be kind and helpful though she is actually quite intelligent as well. Renae is quick to pick things up and adapts to new situations very easily.

Secret: At one point her family was very poor and Renae resorted to stealing, engaging in fraud and pick-pocketing to get them through a few years. She resents her actions and now strives to be the best she can be and give back to others as much as she can to make up for it.

-OTHER-
Brief History: Renae was working with some children at an orphanage when a ruckus started outside. Seeing that some sort of conflict was going on, she ushered the kids to a safe room and passed them onto one of the orphanage staff before running out to find out what was happening. After she realized that cyborgs were running rampant she tried to locate a few of her friends to ensure that they were alright.​

Character Name: Ishi Sazama

GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS
General Appearance:
^E9856A1CE2EBE5F1E94F754D29C20E7844C51DC119BB564A5D^pimgpsh_thumbnail_win_distr.jpg
Orientation: Straight
Height: 6'1"
MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS
Current Goal/Purpose: Try not to die. At least not in the first month.
Talents: Observation, Cleaning glasses, Mechanical Knowledge
Inabilities: Taking hits, Relationships, Never say the right thing
Fears: Salmonella, Being touched
General Personality:
Ishi is the most rude person that you would ever meet. While not mean or evil, just rude. He only very slightly cares about what he is saying to others and how it affects them. Sometimes he goes out of his way to either taunt his friends or his enemies. You should plan to at least have five insults said to you every time you talk to Ishi.
Inner Personality: While rude on the outside, Ishi is much less while by himself. He turns out to be very quiet and secluded to the point where you could hear his breathing. Usually trying to be as quiet as possible while tinkering with some new thing on the internet or just testing how quiet he can be while alone. The only time that you would usually see this, is when he forgets that you are in the room.
Secret: Ishi tries to keep everything a secret, in hoping to prevent destroying another person's emotions
Other: Slightly addicted to caffeine
OTHER
Brief History:
Ishi was at his part time job when Horror night happened. The mechanic shop housed many radios and TV's as they broadcast the events with Ishi's boss demanding that he stays within the shop. Ishi fled anyways, his labtop bag in tow. He head back to his apartment to (hopefully) wait this out.​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Ner0
Am I allowed to have a second character? :) I started working on one yesterday since I had a little extra time but it's fine if I can't use her (she was mostly copy/pasted from another character I have haha).

Character Name: Ezekiel Stevens

GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS
General Appearance:
AnimeGuy16.jpg

Species/Race: Huma3n
More:

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS
Current Goal/Purpose: "I want to be free. I want to be free to do what I want. I want to get loaded and have a good time. That is exactly what I'm going to do."
Talents: Zeke is what people would call a slacker genius. He has the potential to do great but spends it on what people believe is trivial inventions.
Inabilities: He is awful at being quiet. He often pushes people's buttons without realizing it.
Fears: He is afraid of being caught and being made a cyborg.
General Personality: People often see him as a smart ass. He often shakes things off and never takes things seriously.
Inner Personality: He is absolutely scared about dying and is actually very caring person. He makes it look like people are bothering him when they ask things of him, bit he really doesn't mind.
Secret: That his dad works for the company who is responsible for this mishap.

OTHER
Brief History: Zeke was recovering from a night of drinking and working on cars. He somehow woke up in a hotel room surrounded by empty beer bottles and blueprints of weapons he wanted to make when he was drunk. He picked up his things and he looked outside and saw that everything went to hell. All he could say was. "...cool..."

3FB0E553-0DD9-43EF-8521-4D268AD83ACD_zpsenpf0u8c.jpg

GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS
General Appearance:
Leone is a lean guy, thin with muscles in all the right places. His eyes are a cool blue-grey color that tend to turn darker when he gets pissed. He generally wears a neutral expression on his face, which really doesn't show what's going on inside his mind. He has thick black hair that usually falls into his face or sticks out every which-way. He usually wears a hat to keep it under control.
A pair of beat up jeans and a band tshirt are his go to clothes, along with one of those black hoodies with the earbuds instead of strings. He also wears black steel toed boots for the sake of not breaking any toes during his daily routine.
93531518-F9C7-47F9-92FA-111ACE278072.png_zpsvju8bra8.jpeg

Orientation:
Straight.

Species/Race:
Human.

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS
Current Goal/Purpose:
Not dying, or getting hurt or sick. That would definitely ruin something or other.

Talents:
Not dying. Can burp the alphabet after drinking some root beer. Can board with the best of 'em. Partial Piccasso with spray paint. Can shoot a can off a fence post at fifty yards. And is a super-secret genius.

Inabilities:
Swimming. Most people are at least partially buoyant. Well, he sinks like a rock. Also has a huge fear of heights, so he typically stays at ground level for the sake of not having a panic attack. Bridges are an enormous no-no in his book, as they're high up and over water. Can't draw. He can't deal with snakes or cave crickets. And can be a completely lazy individual at times.

Fears:
Snakes, large bugs, fast bugs, bugs with more than six legs, toothy fishes, drowning, being eaten by some kind of toothy fish. Falling. Yet another reason to stay the fuck out of the water.

General Personality:
Leone is a quiet guy who generally takes a back seat in most interactions. He usually drifts from place to place, and while he hates taking handouts, he knows when he needs help. Such as when cyborgs are running amuck in town.
He tries not to judge other peoples' lifestyles, and rarely has a problem with others. But if you push him, he'll push back. A lot harder, too. He puts up more than a decent fight if and when the time calls for it.

Inner Personality:
Leone is flat out vicious when it comes to people he does not like. Have a stick up your ass? He'd think about shoving it all the way up your throat and putting you on a rotisserie.
Of course, for every utterly horrible thought he has, he can also be just as nice. He can be very gentle with the people he really cares about.

Secret:
Leone wants to settle down and actually have a family.

OTHER
Items:
Two small pistols he keeps hidden under his hoodie, his skateboard, and his Swiss Army knife. He also keeps some extra ammo in his back pockets and some stuff to maintain his skateboard with.

Brief History:
Leone had just hitch-hiked into town on Horror Night. He was really looking forward to finding a scuzzy hotel to hunker down in for a night or two, but due to the fact that fucking cyborgs were fucking everywhere, he kinda put that plan on hold. He wasn't exactly in the mood to die, after all.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Amber Sky
Finished my second character (she's below my first), hopefully she's alright. :) I'm looking forward to getting this started!

This is probably a stupid question, but I'd like to know if I could make a cyborg who isn't lawless. Kinda uses his modifications as a tool to protect the weak... (I'm speedrunning Metal gear rising reveangance, so that's why I'm asking about half machines. I love the concept.)

Hmm. While I think it would be interesting, but it would kinda warp the idea I had for the plot. Ill allow it, but I would like to talk to you more about it over Private message. Shoot me one whenever you are free. :)

Alright cool.

Character Name: Adrian Cage

GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS
General Appearance:

6'2 and black haired. He is athletically built and has green eyes.
More:

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS
Current Goal/Purpose: to kill cyborgs.

Talents: fighting with a longsword, hand to hand combat, reading, skating.

Inabilities: being extremely open with emotions or thoughts, feeling empathy for others.

Fears: death, his own nature as a masochist and a sadist

General Personality: aloof and calculating. He can speak and fit in but generally is on the fringe of the group not in the middle.

Inner Personality: Unsure and sadistic, but with a yearning to be normal.. He trusts no one and hates almost everyone. Though he actually hates this part of himself. He tends to have a hard time coming to decisions and he constantly fights this part of himself.

Secret: enjoys striking every killing blow.

OTHER
Brief History: He never had much of a family. After leaving for college they had all pretty much stopped talking to him. He had no emotional ties and spent most of his time either in class or training in the way of the sword. When the night of terror struck he had been in his dorm room. Two dorm mates of his kicked open the door and charged him, not knowing what else to do he fought. He didn't immediately try to kill he just punched and kicked, but when one drew a blade he didn't hesitate to follow suit. The blade of his longsword flashed out from under its hiding place beneath his bed.

Striking down those two had awakened a bloodlust he never knew he had inside himself. He now had the constant desire to kill. He tries to fight this as best he can but every day he can feel more of himself slipping away and more of the monster taking over. He wanders what used to be society searching for others hoping that perhaps human contact will alleviate him of his condition. However he can never fully quench this thirst for blood and his blade and soul long for it.

So we have link now. Cool.

Well. I now have enough characters to firmly say that the IC will be up soon. I just need to wrangle a friend that helped me with the idea, then writing can begin.

(The first image is LQ-84i and the second is of the reprogrammed and modified Blade wolf.)

[fieldbox="PHYSICAL, green, dotted"]
Character Name: LQ-84i (Blade wolf when reprogrammed)

Orientation: Sapiosexual (He can't reproduce obviously, but he'll just spend more time with smarter people.)

Species/Race: Mechanism

More:His tail can indeed pick up the chainsaw mounted on his back. Better dodge that.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="MEMORY, green, dotted"]
Current Goal/Purpose: Find humans and incapacitate them. (reprogrammed: assist humans and find the source of the cyborgs)

Talents: Deadly as fuck. LQ-84i posses intelligence beyond human comprehension, giving him the constant upper hand... Unless beaten in combat.

Inabilities: Despite the other cyborgs, LQ-84i was never one to want to kill people. Despite being armed to the teeth and knowing every way to to murder a human

Fears: Unlawful murder.

General Personality: LQ-84i is a cold and very serious machine that is about getting the job done with no messing around. he gives a lot of flack to slackers.

Inner Personality: LQ-84i is a very protective and caring robot on the inside. He protects those who prove themselves, and those who are weak. He believes everyone deserves at least one chance, unless proven against.

Secret: The truth.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="LQ-84i Memory Printings, green, dotted"]
LQ-84i creation.[BCOLOR=#ffffff] ----------------------------------[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=#ffffff] ----------------------------------[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=#ffffff] --------------[/BCOLOR] First deployment. Town of [BCOLOR=#ffffff] ---------------------------[/BCOLOR] . Disappointing results. Did not kill unless forced. Mourned over loss of every ally.
[warning=green] Memory Dump.
01001001 01110011 00100000 01100110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01100100 01101111 01101101 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01101100 00111111 [/warning]
Memory wiped. Did not obey orders from[BCOLOR=#ffffff] ---------------------[/BCOLOR] . Deployed again to Shawsville, USA. Any disobeying will lead to termination. Processing.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
The power got halved here... Never had this happen before... So I'll do some tweaking on the CS later.

Tumblr_m8sl44Pa5m1r6hu3go3_1280.jpg

Character Name: LQ-84i (Blade wolf when reprogrammed)

Orientation: Sapiosexual (He can't reproduce obviously, but he'll just spend more time with smarter people.)
Species/Race: Mechanism
More:His tail can indeed pick up the chainsaw mounted on his back. Better dodge that.

MEMORY
Current Goal/Purpose: Find humans and incapacitate them. (reprogrammed: assist humans and find the source of the cyborgs)
Talents: Deadly as fuck. LQ-84i posses intelligence beyond human comprehension, giving him the constant upper hand... Unless beaten in combat.
Inabilities: Despite the other cyborgs, LQ-84i was never one to want to kill people. Despite being armed to the teeth and knowing every way to to murder a human
Fears: Unlawful murder.
General Personality: LQ-84i is a cold and very serious machine that is about getting the job done with no messing around. he gives a lot of flack to slackers.
Inner Personality: LQ-84i is a very protective and caring robot on the inside. He protects those who prove themselves, and those who are weak. He believes everyone deserves at least one chance, unless proven against.
Secret: The truth.

OTHER
Brief History:

LQ-84i Memory printings.
LQ-84i creation. [BCOLOR=#ffffff]----------------------------------[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=#ffffff]---------------------------------- --------------[/BCOLOR] First deployment. Town of . Disappointing results. Did not kill unless forced. Mourned over loss of every ally. 01001001 01110011 00100000 01100110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01100100 01101111 01101101 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01101100 00111111 Memory wiped. Did not obey orders from [BCOLOR=#ffffff]---------------------[/BCOLOR] . Deployed again to Shawsville, USA. Any disobeying will lead to termination. Processing.
Just for anyone possibly wanting to join/anyone else, this is a special time to where he will be a robot. I thought it would be interesting, but I do not want to have many robots walking around. I say again, this was a special case. And will probably not happen again.

Basically I just wanted to mess around in bb coding. No major changes made.

This sounds like a hell of a lot of fun so I'll be working on a character. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.