• Asuna + Lizbeth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suguha + Asuna

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

• The sound of quick footsteps could be heard from a distance in the city before a girl came running out of the alleyway, being chased by a group of orange cursors. Each of them shouting something profane at her like "hey girlie stick with us!" and other things of the like. She didn't stop and just kept running, trying to get to the safe area in the city. She ended up bumping into someone and falling flat on her ass. Immediately she got up and apologized to the person she bumped into.
  • I hope this IC starter was alright. I have absolutely no idea where the story is right now so i just guessed a starting city or something and broke a bit of the sao ruling to make the starter.

• Well, I guess it's about time that I get back into ToS, it would be nice to see all of them again, but I wonder how much they advanced without me. I rush back home from the Survivor School, and jumped back into Tear of the Soul Online. Minutes after I got back in, someone ran into me and apologized. Looking at her, I knew that I hadn't seen her before, because the only scythe wielder I knew of was Crysis. "No, I should have logged out in a better spot. Are you okay?" I helped this mysterious person to her feet.
[/tr][/td][td][tr][/tr][/td][td][tr][/tr][/td]

• "Y-yeah, i'm fine for the moment but." she turned to see the orange cursors starting to catch up. She knew they weren't in the safe zone quite yet, so impulsively she grabbed his hand and pulled while running off towards the safe area. "Don't ask questions right now, orange cursors." was the only explanation she gave while pulling him off to the safe area.

• Kur 100(i believe that's the starting amount.)
    • EXP 0/1490
    • Level 1

• Crysis smiles and laughs. "Okay then. I should probably log out soon, too." Turning to Rin, she says, "Guess we're ready when you are, then." She hops slightly, excited to be seeing the shops. I wonder what type of gear they sell.
  • Kur- 400
    Lvl- 1
    Exp- 0/1490
    Stats- To Be Determined
    [tab=Skills]To Be Determined[/tab][tab=OOC][/tab][tab=OOC]Fine. She won't be mean... Much.[/tab]

• "Wow, I'm gone for maybe two days, and there are already oranges." I run along with this mysterious girl. "Why don't we just scare them off? I would be glad to help with that." The way she is talking sounds familiar, I wonder if I know who she is. And what is up with Sensei's dojo and that man that was there? I pull her around a corner and deep into the main market. "As long as we don't stick around too long, oranges don't tend to go into public places. I'm Azazul by the way."

• Serena is my name. Sorry to bother you." She said with a sigh while looking about the edges for the orange players. When they reached the main market she visibly lost tension and relaxed a bit, as they were now in the safe zone. They could probably find a way from there to get back into the fields so they could gain some experience. "As for scaring off those oranges, they're a good five levels ahead of us in weaponry. We'd get clobbered."
  • It's fine, i don't mind waiting so long as it's not a week of waiting.

• Kur: 100
    Level: 1
    EXP 0/1490

Last edited:
  • Mako nodded his head, satisfied that she had agreed. He glanced over at his sister, seeing her in the middle of a conversation. He knew that she'd follow if he started walking, and that she'd most likely get her companion to come along with her. He turned towards the shops and started walking. "I did not see a weapons shop as I came in. Did you?" He asked Crysis.
  • How was everyone's holiday?
  • Rin-
    Kur 300
    Level 1
    EXP 0/1490
    Mako-
    Kur 300
    Level 1
    EXP 0/1490

2nsp40k.jpg

• Having just recently logged into her first VRMMO ever -- in fact, more like her first video game ever -- Argent was feeling absolutely incredible. "Oh my gosh!" She squealed, flailing her limbs around in amazement. "This is fantastic -- no, it's beyond fantastic!" She continued laughing at herself and dancing around strangely until a few of the other players began to give her funny looks as they passed by. "Er... whoops..." A bit awkwardly, Argent stopped and figured out how to open the menu. She checked her inventory, but to her dismay, she found nothing.

Well, almost nothing, that is. "Huh, what's this? A manual?" Argent tapped the icon, and a small book appeared in her hand. "'A Beginner's Guide to Tear of the Soul: Rules and Basic Game Play'," she read aloud. "Huh, sounds useful to me." And with that, Argent decided to take a walk through town as she read the manual. On the way, she also decided to keep an eye out for a weapons shop; Argent may not have known much about games, but she definitely knew she needed one of those things.
  • Oh look! I figured out the tabs, woot woot. :D
    EXP: 0/1490

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: G3n3s1sR3b0rn
  • "Oh, wow. I have been gone too long then." I take a look around and I notice a new stall in the square. "I wonder what that is..." I take some steps up and notice that it is a weaponry shop. The prices for the items are a bit out of my league, but they do have some nice gear. Opening my map, I save a marker so I will be able to go back here. I still should try to find some answers about the oranges though. Turning back to Serena, I say, "So anyways, what got Oranges on your tail? And also, you must have had a slight glitch from the original system, because in Tear of the Soul, the players' status is shown in an aura, they should have that fixed shortly." [tab=Out Of Character] @darnerdemons @G3n3s1sR3b0rn @DemonOfTheDamned @MilkyRamen @Onyxforever @P1ema5t3r @penguin055 @TomatoAmante

2nsp40k.jpg

• As Argent wandered, she continued reading. She stumbled through the world building introduction, and the section on various techniques for attack. In particular, after reading the section describing the world of Tear of the Soul, Argent felt inspired to go out and level up as quickly as possible so as to explore as much of this virtual reality as she possibly could. She was all but giddy with excitement.

At the end of the attack section, there was a list of basic types of weapons available throughout the game. Seeing as choosing a weapon was Argent's next step, she paid much more attention to this. She was aware that knowing the right "controls" was important for being good at using any weapon, so in a conventional game, it didn't truly matter which weapon you picked. However, Argent was also aware that, because of the nature of VRMMO's, there was another element to consider when choosing a the right weapon. Just as important as understanding the control mechanisms for a weapon is for its use, so is an understanding of the natural flow and fluidity of the weapon and an awareness of the physicality required for its use.

"A... bo-staff?" As she was reading the list, Argent found that her real life dance experience pushed her towards this slightly unconventional weapon. "I could use it like a spear and a staff... Huh! Looks like I've found my weapon of choice, eh?"

Argent was still reading and walking at the same time. She turned a corner without looking and, quite stupidly, smacked right into someone. "Oof--!" She glanced up to see she had walked into a couple of players whose usernames appeared to be Mako and Crysis. "Ah, I'm sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going..."
  • Not much to say hurr. o3o

• "Those oranges and I were in a party together for a bit, since i have a healing skill. They were blue when i had met them, but after a little while, we headed out in a field and they lured some players to their death by an ambush. I bolted out of there as soon as possible and they gave chase. That's about it really." She said with a sigh.
  • I await the post about the new system then.

• EXP: 0/1490

• "I haven't been to the town yet. Woke up at the beach and went to the fields. Maybe we could ask someone." Crysis turned her head to see in Rin was following them yet. As she was turning back around, she collided with a girl around her own age. Hearing the girls apology, she laughed. "Perfectly alright... Argent? Hmm... Interesting choice of name. I'm Crysis, as you can obviously tell." She held her hand out, smiling.
  • Kur- 400
    Lvl- 1
    Exp- 0/1490
    Stats- To Be Determined
    [tab=Skills]To Be Determined[/tab][tab=OOC][/tab][tab=OOC]Finally getting back into the groove of things! ^^[/tab]

2nsp40k.jpg

• "Perfectly alright... Argent? Hmm... Interesting choice of name." Feeling embarrassed and suddenly insecure, Argent had a minor panic attack. Oh God, she thinks it's weird! Should I have picked something different?! I mean, I dunno how this stuff works... I bet she thinks I'm a total loser! It was far too much of an overreaction in the moment, clearly, but she couldn't help it.

"I'm Crysis, as you can obviously tell." Argent then breathed a sigh of relief as the player said this and smiled a friendly smile, extending a helping hand. So, she's not judging me after all...? Argent laughed off her short internal panic attack from a moment ago and accepted the hand, getting to her feet and dusting herself off. "Ah hah, thanks. It's nice to meet you, Crysis!" she said, returning the smile. "So... where are you guys headed then?" Argent didn't like the prospect of traveling alone, and she figured now was as good a time as any to awkwardly latch onto someone and try to get to know some people.

• Woot woot! :D

• "We're going to look for a weapon shop. And yes you can come." Turning to Mako, she added, "That alright with you?" As she said this, she quickly glanced behind them, looking for Rin.
  • Kur- 400
    Lvl- 1
    Exp- 0/1490
    Stats- To Be Determined
    [tab=Skills]To Be Determined[/tab][tab=OOC] @Thurrbo

2nsp40k.jpg

• Argent breathed a silent sigh of relief. She hated going through the awkward -- but seemingly necessary -- formalities of meeting new people. In this virtual world, people seemed far more ready to skip the formalities and get straight to the point. Crysis, certainly did anyway. I like this place already! Argent thought.

Argent took notice of Crysis glancing behind herself, and she wondered if they were looking for someone else additionally, or perhaps taking note of someone they didn't want around. Argent then took a moment to glance behind the group, to see what Crysis was looking at, and while she didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, she did notice something else. "Hey, wait a minute--" Another player was just exiting one of the buildings a ways down the road, with a shiny new axe in hand. "Is that a weapons shop?" Argent took a quick jog towards the building to inspect it, standing in front of it and glancing back at the others. "It's poorly labeled, but I think this might be what we're both looking for!" she called back.

• Ahhhhh I'm SUPER sorry this is so delayed! ;n;

• Mako gave a quiet, short nod at Crysis's words. He himself was glancing back as well, for sign of his little sister catching up. He managed to catch her gaze, and the dagger-wielding girl started jogging towards them. Mako turned back towards Crysis and Argent upon hearing Argent call out. He started walking over towards her, looking at the building as he drew closer. "Mhm." He said, another nod of his head joining his words.

It was at this moment that Rin caught up, rather sprinting past her brother to reach the shop before him and skidding to a stop before she ran into Argent. She glanced over at the shop and grinned. "Yep! This looks good enough to me! I hope it's not super overpriced or anything, because that would suck big time." Then she looked at Argent again. "Oh, hey! What's up? Didn't see you here before." Noticing it was another girl caused her to send a sly glance back at her brother. "You're just picking up all of the ladies, eh Mako?" But sadly for her, her words were only met with stone-faced silence.
  • You're sorry it was delayed? T_T How do you think I feel? terrible, that's what. I'm sorry for making both of you wait on me for so long! I'm afraid it might be like this a lot for me with school and stuff. This is my hardest term of the year.
    I'm going to have Rin catch up to them, because Adam hasn't replied in a while and can jump in when he does. Is that okay?
  • Rin-
    Kur 300
    Level 1
    EXP 0/1490
    Mako-
    Kur 300
    Level 1
    EXP 0/1490

2nsp40k.jpg

• Argent watched as another played dashed ahead to meet them, skidding to a stop and nearly crashing into Argent. Argent stepped out of the way and watched as the new girl surveyed the shop with great amounts of energy and vigor, despite having just sprinted to meet them. Ah, this must be who they were glancing back and looking for, Argent realized. She smiled, opening her mouth and taking a breath as she was about to introduce herself, but the girl cut her off with an "Oh, hey! What's up? Didn't see you here before." She then turned back to Mako and jokingly added a snarky remark about picking up girls.

At this point, Argent immediately snapped her mouth shut and went red in the face. Perhaps she should just keep quiet... While Mako seemed to have absolutely no reaction, Argent awkwardly laughed it off and went up the steps to open the weapons shop door. She held the door open for her new friends, gesturing with her hand. "After you!"

She stepped inside after everyone else, looking around and taking in her surroundings. What a cozy little place! "Hello?" she called out into the shop, looking for the owner, "Is anyone here?"

• It's all good!! Yeah, I totally feel you. I'm just getting back to school as well, so I suppose we'll all be a little slower right now. :P
    Also @Shlavekt, did you say you were going to play the shop owner?

• Once the coast was clear she let out a relieved sigh and started to head off to the weapons shop herself, needing a new weapon since her current scythe had little to no practical use other than for weak blunt or slash attacks, though slashing didn't work too well since the blade was dull. Along the way she found a group of people and curiously moved in to listen in and maybe join their group.
  • the creator barely posts in the IC and i was rp'ing with him at the time, since he's taking so damn long(pardon my language.) i'm going to move on and join your building group.
  •  

(@Thurrbo here you go!)
((I am the shopowner in this post, It will only be for this post and everything should be tied up, after this, I will give you a bit to finish up and I will lock this thread and Chapter 1 will begin.))

When the player walked into the shop, my shop, I was dismayed. She had no weapon on her at all. "May I help you." The shop owner chimed. "Oh, I know just what to do for you. You have no weapon, I can tell that much, I can also tell you that you are not meant to be like this. You are the only one in the game that has been given no weapon, so I will give you a weapon to match what you should've had." She sends the weapon over, nodding with satisfaction. Just as this happened, the shop filled with light as the owner was teleported away, murmuring about not enough time to put away the holograms.

2nsp40k.jpg

• Upon entering the shop and calling out for the owner, Argent was looking around when she noticed another girl peek in the door. She seemed to be watching them, so Argent smiled and waved. "Oh, hello! Are you--" but another voice cut her off. In the blink of an eye, the shopkeeper appeared, asking if she could assist anyone. But again, before Argent could get a word out, the shopkeeper continued with an "Oh, I know just what to do for you!" She went on to offer a weapon just like Argent had read about in the game manual -- a modified bo-staff with a spear-like end. She took the weapon into her hands to get a feel for it, lightly tossing it and inspecting it up and down. "Wow," Argent gasped excitedly, "This is perfect--"

And just like that, in a blinding flash of light, the shop owner dissipated into thin air. Argent raised a curious eyebrow, looking around everywhere. With the shopkeeper nowhere in sight, she turned back to the group with her new weapon in hand and stared. "...What the heck was that?" Argent assumed it was some game mechanism that was common in most games, but something she was unfamiliar with because she'd never really played games before this one. But based on everyone else's confused and/or concerned looks, maybe that wasn't the case after all.

• @darnerdemons lol it's cool, you can join our only-slightly-faster-moving party. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.