• Asuna + Lizbeth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suguha + Asuna

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Swimming for one of the closer ones, As he didn't want to risk drowning due to too much weight of his shield and the person combined, Kilgore wrapped an arm around an unconscious player, swimming back to shore. Once he got there, he begun Compression only CPR until the player showed signs of regaining consciousness.

*looks up* Oh no.......... Lea........... *Stands and walks into the lake a bit* Lea, why would you go out if you were at risk? Was it to try and prove your strength? *Starts to tear up* I was hoping that I could be strong for everyone so no one else had to. Please forgive me Lea, for I bought your end. *Continues watching the death particles float to the sky and beyond*

Crysis opens her eyes, blinking in the sudden brightness. The screen had gone dark after the intro sequence. This was the first thing she had seen since. She groans softly, wiping her mouth with her sleeve. It doesn't help. She's soaked through. Sitting up, she looks around. She sees that she's on a beach, people are standing there and others are in the water. It takes her a moment, but she realizes what happened. She must have appeared in the water. She hoped one of these others wasn't responsible for saving her. She hated being helpless. Stiffly rising to her feet, she notices that her health has dropped slightly. She looks around at the others, examining their weapons and armor. She feels on her back for her scythe, her fingers rubbing against the blade. She smiles slightly, comforted by the fact she hadn't lost it.

[COLOR=#ffffff]GMC[/COLOR]
Everyone is now on the beach of Mirror Lake, named for its clear reflective properties. Wave 1 successfully saved all of Wave 2 with the only loss being Lea, causing Azazul to feel he led her to her death by yelling at the others to jump in to help the rescue. Crysis is the only one from Wave 2 to have woken up. When the last person was helped to shore, a black haired kid who accidentally caused Lea's downfall, he passed out and has not woken up yet. It has been two days since those events have befallen everyone. As you look around, you notice more and more NPC's are appearing, unfortunately, Yoshi has yet to find everyone again, although he has heard rumors that the Heroes of Mirror Lake...... So he is tempted to investigate further but no one but him truly knows what is going through his head. In the end, the swimmers find that they now have 1000 Kur from gold fissures releasing flakes into their clothes and it condensing and sold. So far, you have no new quests, but you have not seen the town since you left the bar, which brought out the unfinished drinks.

The sand beneath his body felt so real; the air around him felt so real; the sound of his breathing felt so real. It was truly incredible. Ryuu had hardly been expecting this level of lucidity out of real life, let alone a video game. Slowly lifting his eyelids, he found that the most stunning of all were the graphics. He just lay there for a moment, soaking in his surroundings: a clear blue sky, sandy beaches, and other players all around him, although dormant. A broad smile grew on his face as he sat up, taking a look around.

Ryuu looked down, seeing what he assumed was the basic armor for a newbie. Hanging on his belt was the bottle club he'd designated as his weapon. He couldn't help but snicker a bit at the comical mace. Hopefully it would actually be useful.

He began to walk, finding that his body felt just as real as his real one, if not even more so. There was one thing he wanted to try out, however. Ryuu strolled over to a nearby boulder, and grasped his club. Holding it high above his head, he brought it down with as much strength as he could, yelling a rather silly "Yah!" as he did.

The results were quite underwhelming. All it did was make a loud bang, but the rock wasn't even harmed in the slightest. He sighed. "Looks like I'm gonna need some training..."

He spun around on his heel and took a seat at the rock, observing the other players in the vicinity. The majority of them were asleep, but some others were going around checking if they were close to waking up. Or were those NPCs? Ryuu wasn't really sure.

Crysis sighs softly, walking over to where Ryuu is sitting. She sits next to him, smiling slightly at him. "Hey there. You have any idea what happened. First thing I know, I was wet and lying on the ground." She pulls out the ribbons in her hair, letting it fall down her neck. She takes off her scythe and lays it on the ground, leaning back against her hands. Waiting for everyone else to do something was getting boring. They were just standing there.

Ryuu had been attempting to spin his bottle club on one finger, as if it were a basketball, before Crysis came over to him. It took him a minute to notice that the words he were hearing were actually being spoken by someone, but when he did, he turned to look at her. Completely failing to remember the club, which fell off the tip of his finger and onto his leg.

"Ow!" he yelled out. Not-so-surprisingly, the club did more damage when falling through thin air than when it was being held by him. Great.

"Um, I dunno, I assumed this was normal," Ryuu said as he rubbed at his leg. He was actually quite pleased by the fact that even pain felt real here. It was amazing. "Maybe it's some sort of beginner's quest. I've never played this game, so- woah!" He cut himself off as he looked down, noticing her big scythe lying on the ground. "Friggin' awesome! That is one cool weapon to start out with!"

*Notices Crysis and Ryuu talking and goes to join them* As far as I am aware, several things went wrong, first, you were supposed to appear at the tavern that we had. Second, how did you get a giant bottle as your weapon?!?! 'Cause that is freaking awesome! Finally, how much do you really know about full-dive VRMMOs? The reason I ask this is because when you woke up, you seemed to be confused. But yeah, glad to see your awake, as for the others, they seem to be loosing life rather fast, I hope they wake soon, or I may just have to hack the system to allow them to heal..... *Looks toward their weapons and turns to Crysis* So your a Sythe user? Interesting, and you *to Ryuu* use a...... club?

GMC
Since this event, several of the already awake users have gone off on their own to become merchants, fearing the same fate as Lea. Most are still within the city, but some have moved off to nearby towns.

Ryuu smiled broadly. "Really? Hehe, I guess it is pretty awesome, huh?" He held up his bottle-club. The virtual sunlight reflected off of it like it would on glass, allowing him to see a faint, contorted reflection of himself - or rather, his avatar. Oddly enough, his face looked exactly like his normal one, which was somewhat disappointing. He briefly wondered if he could change it to something Quasimodo-esque. That would be funny.

"I dunno, I picked a Mace when I was selecting my weapon, and this was an option. It must be some kind of joke weapon. I remember in one MMO I played you could use an umbrella, so it's something like that."

Yawning, he put down his 'mace'. "Well, I know what full-dive VRMMOs are; I've obviously heard of 'em, I'm in one after all. It's my first time in one though; couldn't afford that kinda stuff before. So, it's pretty wicked."

"Anyway, I'm Ryuu by the way. And I'm bored. What's up with this starting mission? It almost looks like everyone here drowned or something."

I'm Azazul, and this mission is getting me to the end of my thought train, I wonder if there is something else we need to do before we fully complete it...

Laughing softly, Crysis picks up the scythe and twirls it in her hand. "Yeah." She ponders the question about her experience in VRMMOs. "I'm fairly new to them myself. I love it so far, though." She listens quietly to the two guys talk. "I don't know about you two, but I think we should go find some things to kill." She grips her scythe, anticipating her first kill.

Ryuu chuckled. "I like your thinking," he added. He got up from the ground and stretched his arms, grinning. "I wonder what fighting's like."

Once he was ready to head out, he looked down to the other two. "Hey, do you two have any money yet? If you do, let's bet on who can kill the most monsters! Hehe," he challenged them, with an excited twinkle in his virtual eye.

You know, I actually do have some, here you go *Hands over 50 Kur to each of you* whoever gets to the next level first gets to keep all of the Kur we have right now. You in? *Draws blade and does some sword stretching(Remember that I took kendo so I already have knowledge with swords...)*

That was enough of a confirmation for Ryuu. "First kill gets bonus points!" he hastily declared, seeming to forget that this bet had nothing to do with points. With that, he ran off into the distance, bottle in hand, ready to strike at pretty much anything that moved.

Being of an agility type, I pull out of there just in time for Ryuu to be off already. Pulling ahead, I draw my blade and yell, "For Lea!!" The first thing I can kill pops up in front of me, It turns out to be a boar,"Hmm, isn't this ironic. This is what creature destroyed the Beta Testers for SAO when they just started." I slide to a stop, just in time for me to not get hit right off the bat by it's charge attack. Summoning my Kendo knowledge, I take my stance, one foot ahead of the other by just a tad, shoulders back, leaning forward. After focusing, I realize that I'm much stronger than I am in the real life, so I drop to the single main hand formation that I had seen used in so many tournaments by the older and stronger wielders. As soon as I finish making adjustments, the boar slams into me, causing my life meter to drop by 25% "dammit, he hits hard".

Sighing softly, Crysis races off in a different direction. She runs until a wolf appears in front of her. It's eyes were emitting a soft red glow, its fur black and dirty. It launches off its hind legs, aiming for her right arm. "Hmm..." She swings her scythe in a downward arc, slamming the wolf into the ground. It staggers up and lunges again. She simply holds out her scythe, top pointing towards the wolf and the tip towards the ground, and watches as the wolf slices in half as it runs into it.

OOC
:P Using common sense partially and just trying to speed through this post, as well.

Of course by that point, Ryuu was already running like hell. His HP bar was down to just twenty-five percent, and two monstrous boars chased after him surprisingly quickly. All he could do was attempt to fend them off by waving his bottle-club-thing around uselessly. Naturally, that was pointless.

But of course, he couldn't die that early on.

Deciding he was done running, Ryuu summoned what little courage might have existed within him and stopped, proceeding to leap into the air right before the boars would have slammed into him. They passed underneath him, after which he landed unceremoniously on his backside.

"Owowow..." he muttered, despite the fact that the pain filter wasn't very high at the moment. The boars were having trouble halting their charge, luckily for Ryuu. One of them managed to skid to a stop, but the other one ended up crashing into it and they both went tumbling down, depleting their HP bars by about fifteen percent each.

Ryuu snickered at the convenient mishap and got up. This was his chance. He ran straight at the two boars, focusing on one of them and swinging his club as hard as he could.

It did only five damage.

Ryuu desperately hit it again, but the result was the same. He looked to his bottle club with a pained look. "Come on, man! Why'd I get such a weak weapon?!"

The boar wasn't going to wait around forever though. It quickly got up, enraged at the boy, and rammed right into him. This chipped another ten percent off his HP bar, and caused him to lose his grip on the bottle, sending it flying.

The boat was just about ready to charge, and an injured Ryuu just about ready to run, when the bottle came back down to earth, slamming right into the angry boar's head. And... depleting its HP down to 0.

The boar dissipated into little data particles, much to Ryuu's dismay. He looked at his bottle lying on the ground, dumbstruck. "Oh, come on!"

The second boar was just about done lying around though. Ryuu quickly picked his bottle back up and attempted to throw it at the boar, only to miserably miss.

And so, the chase was on again.

*Running in and killing the second boar* You don't have any clue what your doing, do you? Well, at least your not too hopeless. I will have to teach so some basic attack styles, after I get a club that is. I guess this means I won the bet. We should go see if Crysis needs some help. Lets see, *enters the party tab of the menu* She is over, *selects her name, eyes getting a green hue* There. *walks off in a random direction, having you run to keep up with my agility.*

Crysis laughs, toying with the three boars in front of her. They charge at her and she uses her scythe to vault out of the way. She pokes one on its rear, bringing its health down a fraction. She flips backwards away from its legs when it kicks at her. "Too slow!" She slices the tail of another one, which was picking itself up off the ground, and watches its health drop a quarter. The third boar charges her from the side. "Ack!" She goes flying into the air, slamming into the ground. Her health drops by almost half.

She jumps to her feet, swinging her scythe in an arc in front of her. The tail-less boar, which had come too close, is sliced across the forehead, bringing it's health down to a sliver. She kicks out at the boar, snapping it's leg, and turns to face the others as it dies. She sees Az and Ryuu in the distance. No way am I letting them help. I'm not weak. She slams the bottom of her scythe into the face of the boar that had hit her, the pole going through its eye. It's health drop by a quarter and it rears up, infuriated. The scythe is ripped from her hands and thrown a few meters behind the boars. Uh-oh. She braces her feet against the ground, preparing for the charge. It doesn't come. The boar watched her, its one eye gleaming, waiting for her move. The other boar was standing nearby, also waiting.

She dashes forwards jumping up and planting a foot on the boars face. Pushing off, she twists in mid-air, landing on her shoulder and rolling. She pushes herself up, a small sliver of health lost. She was in the yellow. Picking up her scythe, she rushes the injured boar, only to be rammed by the other. Another chunk of health. What is wrong with these boars? These are supposed to be easy! She sees the injured boar charge and holds her scythe out in front of her, like with the wolf. It dodges sideways and keeps rushing. She manages to block it's tusks with the pole and kicks the boar over her head. She impales it through the stomach, turning towards the last boar as the other disperses. She watches it, waiting for it to move. She was going on the defensive, now.

Without thinking, I charge in. "Be careful!! They have an odd code that makes them unpredictable!" I draw my sword and slice the boar's stomach as I run to Crysis's side, taking the aggro. "Where did your Scythe go? You have no chance without it." I take up my one handed position and engage the boar. As it charges for me, I let my anger out at it. All of a sudden, I feel my blood pumping and everything around me seems to slow down. Am I lagging? When moving, I realized, I wasn't lagging, I was moving way faster than the world was. This was my chance. Moving quickly, I danced around the boar, landing devastating blow after blow. When it reached a single hit, everything started moving at a normal speed again. Damn, it must just be one of the battle abilities from other games. When the boar charged at me, I attempted to preform one of the flip sword slice things I had seen in movies, but instead, I rolled across its back, killing it and harming myself in the process. I hope in the main town there are some health shops, or somewhere to regain it. As I turned to Crysis, I asked, "Are you okay?".

Status
Not open for further replies.