Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leone offered her a small smile as he entered his apartment. "You're welcome to come in, if you want." He spoke easily.
He immediately went to where he kept his medicine. He downed his heart pill and chased it with two Advil.

Siobhan entered the apartment, unsure of how to behave. She was not used to interacting with other adults. In the homes of the children she tutored, Siobhan sat down with the child in whatever room their parent wanted, taught the child what they needed to know and left, speaking to the parent as little as possible.

Interacting with Leone as Kot and Shayden was also different. They were both behind masks. They weren't regular people, they were antiheroes, using their powers to help people. They were bonded together in righting the wrongs of the city. But Siobhan and Leone didn't do that. That was Kot and Shayden's job.

"So ... " said Siobhan awkwardly. She looked around the apartment. "This is a lot different from my place ... "

Sorry, I don't know how to talk to people.

Leone chuckled a bit at Siobhan's commentary about his apartment. "I'd hope your place was different than mine. We live in two very different parts of town." He spoke with a smile. His gaze flicked to the answering machine, which was flashing with a whopping nine messages. He absentmindedly hit the play button. A survey, but this and that for Christmas, silence... Then things got interesting.

"Yo Leo, Ace and I are meeting up at Tilly's at nine. Get your ass over there."

"Yo, Leo, donde the fuck esta? I told you to stop with those spandex shenanigans. Don't get me worried, alright?"

"I saw on the news there was some fire at Nox Corp, stay the fuck away from it-- Ace, turn down the damn music!"

"Damn it Leo. I'm getting you a cell phone. This is fucking rediculous. CALL ME."

"Look Leo, it's three in the morning. If I wake up and see that you haven't called me back, I'm going to start checking the alleys for you. Good night."

"Leo. Leo. Leo. Dude. Pick the fuck up. Martinez is pissed. He's on his way over to your place. If you're alive, blockade the door, run away, and change your name."

Leone let out a long sigh. He was exhausted. And the concept of dealing with an angry Martinez was not an especially fun one. Especially since Siobhan was here. It would get awkward in a hurry. "I'm gonna go get changed. Feel free to sit down anywhere." He spoke easily and slipped off into his bedroom. He returned shortly, dressed in a worn out black tshirt with several paint marks on it and a pair of jeans. He went to the phone and called up Martinez. Before he could say anything, he pulled the phone away from his ear quickly in response to the full blown Spanish flip out that could be heard on the other line.

Siobhan watched Leone on the phone. She could hear the Spanish speaker on the other end of the line: Siobhan knew a little Spanish but not enough to make out anything the man said.

"Did you want me to go?" Siobhan mouthed to Leone.

Leone shook his head no to Siobhan's question. Martinez would have to stop for air at some point. When he finally had a chance today something, he took it. "I am safe. I am fine. I am sane." He spoke evenly. A few seconds passed, followed by some passive words. Leone hung up shortly after. A long sigh escaped him.

He looked back to Siobhan with a weary smile. "Alright. So, you wanted to come up with a plan?" He asked, wanting to get down to business while it all was fresh in his mind.

Siobhan nodded. She wanted nothing more than to annihilate these Nox guys.

"You know the place better than me," she said. "What's the layout like? Where are the guards? I could shield us, but it doesn't stop sound ... "

Status
Not open for further replies.