Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kot listened to her as they walked along, trying to understand. "Well, I hate my parents too, if there's any significance to it. Though, I'd probably be right to say we have two very different reasons for hating them." He spoke with a lighthearted, casual smile. He normally wasn't this talkative. But, it was a decent conversation so he had no complaints.

§∅§ SIOBHAN MARIE KARECA §∅§
Shayden laughed lightly. "Yeah, probably. I doubt your parents left you when you were nine to live with your grandmother while they moved to Hawaii," she said bitterly.

Shayden climbed up the ladder of a nearby building, landing lightly on the rooftop.

"Ya, no. Nothing like that." Kot mused, climbing up onto the rooftop behind her. He spared a glance at his side, glad to see that the bleeding had slowed down a bit. "They were more into screwing around with my genetic code than anything else. Couldn't decide whether they wanted a cat or a kid." He explained with a wry smile, his posture still remaining relaxed.

Shayden grimaced under her mask. "That's disgusting," she said. "I hate people who mess with kids -- like, what they did to you, they couldn't be happy with the son they had?"

Shayden shook her head and continued to walk silently. She was making her way back to her apartment, which was only a few blocks from the little girls' house.

"I take it that's how you got your powers."

"Yep. I turned out alright for the most part-" Kot paused when he heard a low boom in the distance, most likely unheard by his companion. "... The hell was that?" He muttered softly, his attention focusing on identifying the sound and where it came from.

Without another word, he took off at a sprint towards the sound. It sounded like a small explosion in the center of the city. And the worst case scenario, as well as the only one that resonated in his gut, was that something happened at Nox Corporation.

Shayden watched as Kot ran away. Had she upset him? Touched a nerve? Was she too insensitive to function around adults? Probably.

Shayden wondered if she should follow. Don't, she thought. You'll upset him more. You'll see him at the next emergency anyway.

Kot arrived at the building and swiftly took in the details. Smoke was billowing out from the underground parking garage, firemen were getting the last few people out. The feline antihero saw his opportunity to sneak in and nose around. He moved quickly, launching himself into the building. Thick black smoke hung in the air, making it difficult for him to see. He definitely couldn't scent out anything.

His gaze flashed to where part of the floor caved in, flames jumping out of the gap. Point of origin found. He had a bad feeling, like he wasn't alone. He spotted another hole in the floor, smaller in diameter and lacking the flames. He inspected it with a soft frown on his face, unsure of what could have done something like that.

No sooner had he finished that thought did he receive a strong, sharp blow to his back that sent him tumbling down through the hole. He landed on his feet, barely, but was slightly dazed from the hit. The next hit came down like a ton of bricks, knocking him down and knocking the breath right out of him. His heart was pounding in his chest, perhaps a bit too quickly to be considered a healty scare. A dark shape was standing over him, blending in with the smoke. It didn't look especially human, but it wasn't any overly familiar animal either.

Whatever it was, it leaped back out of the hole. Slowly Kot got to his feet, coughing harshly. His gaze flicked about the place, taking in the large number of empty animal cages and lab tables illuminated by the fire. His heart was still hammering in his chest, accompanied with waves of dizziness as he made his way to the stairs. A harsh cough escaped him every now and then as he made his way out of the building through a back door. He climbed up the fire escape of a nearby building and collapsed on the roof.

Siobhan woke the next day, lethargic and not wanting to function like a normal human being. Disgusted with having to work, she dragged herself out of bed and slowly slipped on clothes and ate food.

She didn't have any jobs that day, but she needed to go grocery shopping and she really wanted some new body lotion from a special store across town. Siobhan, not wanting to be around other adults any more than she had to, decided to take the rooftops instead, creating her signature bubble of golden shield light to hide her from normal view.

Siobhan's plans were interrupted when she landed on the rooftop of the Nox Corporation building and sighted Kot. "Oh, God," she muttered, running to the unconscious anti villain and enveloping him in her bubble. "Kot, Kot," she muttered. "Wake up."

Kot groaned softly as he felt someone come near, one of his cold blue eyes flashing open. He felt his heart rate increase as he took in the slightly familiar woman's features. He looked to the golden bubble surrounding them next. "S-Shayden?" He muttered softly, his voice hoarse from the smoke last night. "God, don't scare me like that." He cracked a small, halfhearted smirk, though his hand moved slowly to his chest, where he could feel his heart quickly pounding away.

He slowly moved to sit up, though the attempt was stopped short by a strong ache from what were undoubtedly a multitude of bruises on his back. It was pretty obvious that he'd gotten his ass handed to him last night, though by what or who was still confusing to him. He silently reprimanded himself for trying to think about it when he should be focusing on calming down and slowing his heart rate back to a steadier pace.

His breaths were slow and controlled, trying to ignore the quick beating in his chest and turn off that stupid system response to fear. It was just a head game.

Last edited:
Siobhan skittered back as Kot sat up. "Well, I'm off duty, so I'm Siobhan Kareca, I guess," she said. "I'm sorry for scaring you. What the hell happened? Why are you on the roof?"

She sat cross-legged and waited for Kot to speak.

Linkin Park - Piano Instrumentals - Numb

Kot hesitated when it came to answering her question, his gaze flicking down to the side. "There's been some shady shit going on with the Nox Corporation for the past couple weeks. They've been doing genetic research, and the numbers for their income don't add up. Genetics research and testing and all of that costs millions, and they don't make enough money to cover it." He paused and coughed a bit, then took a deep breath and continued. "Last night I heard a small explosion, and went to investigate. Turns out it was here, there was a small lab fire caused by the explosion I think, and I've been trying to find a way in without getting caught for a while. I saw the chance to get in and took it."

Again he paused, but this time he seemed a bit unsure of how to go about explaining. "All I can really say is that I wasn't alone in there. Something hit me from behind, sent me falling through a hole in the floor. It nailed me again before I had a chance to recover, and then things get fuzzy. Whatever it was just jumped right back out of the hole I fell through. There were probably fifty empty animal cages in that lab. I got out, and this was about as far as I got before I blacked out." With a sigh, he took off his mask and rubbed his face. Exhaustion had seeped into his features, but at least his heart had slowed to a somewhat calmer pace.

Siobhan listened to his explanation, thinking. "So we need to get in without being noticed and investigate -- you know, if you want my help," she said. "Would it be better to do it at night or day? When are they there? Because I have an idea ... "

"I doubt that there's much more to inspect... There are workers there day and night, armed guards included. As well as security cameras." Kot sighed a bit. "There will be fire inspectors there today, most likely." He slowly stood up, grimacing at the wave of dizziness that came over him. It was pretty clear that he was in no shape to go running back into the fight.

He frowned softly, wondering how he was going to get back to his place without giving himself a heart attack free running. Walking along in costume on the streets in broad daylight was a fantastic way to get shot at or otherwise attacked in his neighborhood. Oh, the joys of being an antihero.

Siobhan stood up. "You look too sick to get home," she noted. "My place is close by, I can shield us while we walk there, and we can go over a plan or something, if you like."

"I need to go back to my place though." Kot replied evenly, not giving his reasoning for it. He didn't feel comfortable sharing the fact that he was on heart medication with Siobhan. At least, not yet. He watched her evenly, trying his hardest to look like he was in decent enough shape to make it back to his place.

Siobhan nodded. "At least let me take you. You can't walk around in your outfit, that's suicide. Or just really freaking stupid."

Kot nodded softly in thanks to Siobhan's offer. "I'm well aware of how stupid that would be." He replied with a soft smirk. He realized that he hadn't introduced himself after she had. "And my name's Leone. Leone Kyvak." He introduced himself as he carefully stood up, grimacing as a wave of pain hit him. He couldn't wait to get back to his place and take some Advil, as well as his heart medication.

"Leone. That's nice." Siobhan slung his arm over her shoulder and remade the golden shield bubble, because she could feel it faltering with time. Once they were on the ground, Siobhan said, "Lead the way."

Leone quietly began to lead the way back to his neighborhood, it was a bit of a walk to get to the industrial district. He was out of things to talk about, and was a bit too tired to think up any conversation that could be had.

Once they got to Leone's apartment, Siobhan awkwardly stood in the doorway. "Okay, so, did you want me to leave, or ... ?"

Status
Not open for further replies.