Team Aqua and Magma working together?! (Artisticheart and Rebornfan120)

Rebornfan120

The roleplayer with interests outside the norm
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
Mornings, Afternoons and Evenings
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Action, Adventure, Romance, Magical, Fantasy, Furry, Modern, Supernatural, Naurto, RWBY, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Avatar/Korra, Hunter, Games, Fandoms
Brendan was once a normal trainer, with dreams and inspirations to be the best but then the story of the Hoenn legends he had found out on one of his travels. Since then, he continued on pokemon research while being a very good trainer. Until team Aqua and Magma butted in, sure initially he would have disrupted a grunt or two but that was before he had been freed from team Aqua in exchange for working for them under a new name.
Now in notable position of info and the fact he had beaten the higher ups before he was now into that position and now was in his room reading a book. Unlike most he researched before hastily taking action. Now with his continued research with Kyogre, Groundon and a mystery third as he hummed softly.

"Faster Callie, you're slacking!"

Callie rolled her eyes and continued pushing the boxes to the side of the room. This was not what she had in mind when she opted to join Team Magma. Getting more land for the earth? Yes. Finding the legendary pokemon Groudon? Perfect. But pushing boxes and loading cargo? That shouldn't have been her job description. At least this wouldn't be for long. Her testing would occur soon, and Tabitha the Magma Admin seemed to have high hopes for her.

"Hey, you, come here!" a voice said, and Callie looked up to see Tabitha himself. "Don't just stand there, come on!"

Callie immediately ran over. "Yes, sir?"

Tabitha stood with hands on his hips. "We're planning our next mission at Mt. Chimney. I need you in our group."

"Huh? What about the test coming up soon?" Callie asked.

"Don't worry about it. For this excursion, this will be enough. Now we'll be leaving in a few days' time. I suggest you get your pokemon ready, hmm?"

With that, Tabitha walked away, and Callie was left. Well, orders were orders... but she silently wished that she didn't have to take the mightyena with her.

---

Team Aqua's Matt was walking down the hallways of the dormitory. He moved briskly, and those around him knew he was on a mission from Archie. Coming up to Brendan's room, he gave a loud knock. "Brendan! Come out here!"

Brendan hearing the somewhat boastful Matt knocking he sighed. 'Welp, so much for reading.' He thought to himself. Expanding the seas? Great. Finding Kyogre? Great. Researching mostly and a mix of battling? Well it was good for him as he would have heard Matt's voice also and decided to not keep the guy waiting.

"What is it Matt?" He asked when he walked out of the room, though being a higher grunt was not too bad and the fact that his initation was him facing off against grunts and even the higher ups he did not mind giving a proper battle with logic interwined with battling.

"Sources say Magma is going to Mt. Chimney. Now I don't know the full details yet, but they've got something planned and we're gonna stop them."

Matt then leaned against the doorframe and crossed his arms. "Archie wants me to let you know you're one of the two coming with me to Chimney, so stay alert, okay?"

He was about to walk off, but then he stopped. "Oh, right," he began, then turned back to look at Brendan. "Weren't you saying you know someone in Magma? Started with a 'C'."

Brendan would know exactly who Matt was talking about. It was Callie and one of his childhood friends. He knew they had a history together from that but he knew for right now not to really get too invested though that was a trouble to him expressing his inner feelings.
"I do of course, but not knowing the full details is a concern." Brendan said. "But being alert will help that."

"Indeed it will..." Matt said, staring a bit at Brendan. He appeared to have some suspicions going on in his head, but whatever expression he had on his face disappeared quickly. "Well, check your messages, keep your Pokenav on, do whatever you can to be ready whenever I or even Archie calls you up. Other than that, I got nothing."

Matt tapped his fist against the doorframe and began to walk away. "Go on about your break. You'll need all the rest you can get!" he called to Brendan, and with that, he was gone out of earshot.

Brendan did not think Matt had any suspicions to him, though that was youth against experienced there as Callie to Brendan was someone he did like but never worked up the courage. He was inexperienced in that department and had trouble admitting that while listening to Matt.
"Sounds like basic procedure then until more info falls." He said. Unlike other grunts who were impatient more times than not Brendan was the opposite, calm and collected while also logical. Though they knew he had the passion for Pokemon and battling as he watched Matt go out of earshot.

"Callie huh?" Brendan asked while sighing, going back to his room he sat down. Part of him was happy to see her and part of him was confused wondering why this was happening to him now. Nothing really made sense but for now would go back on the research trail to find anything on these so-called Legends.

The days passed by quickly since the announcements were made on both teams. Team Aqua had Brendan researching almost night and day concerning the location of the meteorite. Eventually it was found that Team Magma had the meteorite, and the group of members that stole the meteorite from Professor Cozmo were none other than Tabitha, Courtney... and Callie.

A small Jeep was driving along the rough terrain of the mountain, and Callie sat near Courtney, looking almost horrified.

"What's the matter, getting ill?" Courtney asked, turning to Callie.

"You better not get sick in my--"

"Tabitha."

Courtney glared at Tabitha from the back seat, visibly through the rear-view mirror, and Tabitha huffed as he shook his head.

"I'm not sick guys, I mean it," Callie said. "It's just...well, did we really have to rough that guy up?"

There was silence between the two admins, and then they burst out laughing together.

"You mean to tell me you applied for literally the Hoenn mafia, passed the test, you're training to be an admin," Tabitha roared through laughter. "And you think we weren't gonna commit some crimes?!"

Courtney herself was laughing as well, wiping tears away from her eyes. "Oh have mercy Callie, you've been a trip since... Callie?"

The woman looked up to see Callie looking down at her lap, fiddling with the pokeball that carried her loyal Furret. Seeing the hurt demeanor of the young girl, Courtney sighed and rubbed her back gently. "Oh Callie, it's just nerves. You haven't been really out to see the real action, just inside moving cargo and stuff. You'll get used to it."

"But I thought Team Magma was about expanding the land for more Pokemon and humans to live on! That's supposed to be a good thing!"

"And it is a good thing!" Courtney said. "But some people don't think so. And when they don't think so, well... Maxie makes it worth their while to side with us."

Callie looked up at Courtney, who seemed to be giving a reassuring smile. Callie faked her own smile and nodded, but didn't say much after that. I don't think I'll ever be used to it, she thought to herself.

Matt looked around Mt. Chimney, gazing at the pokemon roaming about. In his group was Brendan, the admin Shelly, and a grunt named Kevin. Matt turned to the group and spoke.

"I want you all to keep an eye out for anyone on Team Magma. Your priority is to find Tabitha, Courtney, or Callie. When you find anyone of them, radio me and stall them as much as possible, for whatever means necessary. Any questions? No? Good. Now get searching!"

"Brendan," Kevin spoke up. "Let's start heading to the south side and see what we can find. Who knows, we may even find a pokemon that could help us on the way."

Brendan heard Kevin and so far going south seemed to be the best course of action. Though being late to get the metorite was proof of it not being a good start, plus all that research on meteorites and their connection due to their unique properties he wondered what Team Magma was up to with it.
"Well alright, let's stick to the plan and also find them." Brendan replied. He had a feeling him and Callie was going to intercept sooner or later and it was going to be much sooner than he would have liked. As much as he liked Callie he was split on what he would have to do but decided to just go along with it though some things he was starting to question while going south and pondered a possible pokemon ally for them.