Teach me your slang

Oh, and I forgot to mention, but I live in a "soda" region of the country. Sometimes I hear "coke" but I believe it is usually soda.

Reactions: Amberlin
Sorry to keep spamming - I thought of a few more! (Thanks Dad!)

Worsh = wash. As in worshcloth, or, "This car needs a good worshin'."
Matt'ress = mattress, but with a break in the middle. It sounds like they say "mat" and "ress" separately.
Chimley = chimney.

Also, my father pronounces bush as "bewsh". I used to giggle inside every time he went on one of his political rants and brought up George Bewsh. My sister has said "bewk" a few times instead of "book".

In upstate NY, they say "elemen-tary", kind of like cemetery. I've only heard the word pronounced "elemen-tree" everywhere else. A few of the older generation seem to say "anywheres" and "everywheres" a lot, and when they say words such as "like" or words that sound the same, it sounds like they're saying "loik" with a soft "oi" sound.

Kegger - a party out in the woods where there will be alcohol and lots of underaged people.

Greeners - hippie-esque people. Named after the students that attend the Liberal Arts College known as Evergreen, but refers to non-students as well. Does not refer to students or former students that didn't embrace the culture.

Gesundheit - German for health, said to someone when they sneeze

Cilantro is the leaf and coriander is the seed, WHY!

Oh and the interstate that runs from BC to BC (British Columbia to Baja California) is called I-5, not "The Five" only in formal writing Interstate 5. Say 'ayefive'. Good!

"I would/would not advocate <verb/noun>" - Less a true slang and more of a syntax I employ. I like to say this to justify or disavow certain actions or things. Example - I would not advocate you leaving the hospital against my medical advice.

"don't let it die!

don't let it die!

open the doors and let it thrive!

here's our thread, on the world wide web!

don't let it die!

don't let it die!

okay, i'm done singing and going to bed!

(to the tune of Let It Go)"

The post I copy/paste into any RP I'm in that hasn't been active in a few days.
It surprisingly works.

Smoked -- Killed, related to "smoking a cigarette". Ex: "I smoked that bastard."

Detroit: When something is ugly or nasty looking, or uneat.

" Dude, your house looks like Detroit."

Foreal - Way to say "For real". Usually used as a question or explaing the honesty of a statement.

"Dang you being foreal?

"Bro, I totally loved it man foreal foreal"

From Massachuchu here! We say a lot of things.

Mint - cool, awesome
"That's mint, dude!"

Word - I approve, cool, ok!
"That's word."
"Word!"

Rad, Dope, Sweet! - cool, neat

(Just about everything that happens in Mass is either cool or awesome - that's why we have so many words for it.)

Wicked Awesome! - exactly what it sounds like
(The common phrase was once Wicked Pissa - but no one says that anymore except for my dad.)

Traffic is a bitch - traffic is bad/heavy

Balls - damn

I'm stoked!!! - I'm super excited!

I'm pumped! - See above (stoked > pumped)

It's a thing. - We do that frequently.
"Singing Mulan in public? It's a thing."

Calling everybody dude, bro, and/or man.
And I mean everybody.

I dig it - I like it