Teach me your slang

and thus much of what they say is small ball crap.

they need to stop bothering me.

Your boy is mad salty bruh!
Salty = Pissed
"Salty" doesn't necessarily mean angry. You can be upset or even sad and still be salty.

Anyway here's my contribution:

These are all slang terms I have heard or seen used on at least a semi-regular basis to describe something the speaker finds particularly impressive or worthy of praise:
  • Sweet
  • Sick
  • Bad (or badass)
  • Tight
  • Dope
  • Money
  • Gangster (sometimes shortened to just "G")
  • Real
  • Unreal
  • Swag
More or less any of these terms can be substituted for the generally tamer terms "cool" or "awesome" as in, "that is so [fucking] sick/sweet/unreal (etc.)"

Also, I want to take a moment to talk about "hella." I am SoCal, but have a lot of NorCal friends, which is where the term is most well-known for being used.

As a type of person fascinated with the English language, I find "hella" to be a really interesting, versatile word. Whereas its root phrase, "hell of a" usually describes a noun (e.g. "we had a hell of a time"), the shortened slang version "hella" is much more flexible. It is a modifier that commonly takes the place of "a lot of," "totally," "very," "really," and other similar words.

For example:

"I made hella money in Vegas last weekend!"
In this case, hella is modifying the noun "money," meaning "a lot of money."​

"I did hella good at the poker tables."
Hella in this case modifies the adjective "good," meaning "really good" or "very good" (disregard the grammatical error that in this case "good" should actually be "well" because nobody ever says "hella well").​

"I hella called some guy's all-in bluff!"
Now hella is modifying the verb "to call," meaning "I totally called" or "I really called."​

"I called that bluff hella quick!"
In this case hella modifies the adverb "quick," replacing "very."​

IN SUM:
Hella.

It's an excellent production of the English language. I'm not even being sarcastic. I think it's an awesome word. Or rather, I think it's hella sick.

So I'm Canadian, eh? And let me tell you bud, if you're goin' out for a rip you wanna first make sure you got some skookum equipment so that you can just give 'er for many kliks at a time. If you want to stay on the chesterfield in your bunny hug playing with pencil crayons then you're on your own; I'll buy your sorry butt a Mickey later to console you, but I've got my double double ready to go so hand me my toque and I'll be gone!

Last edited:
So I'm Canadian, eh? And let me tell you bud, if you're GOIN our for a rip you wanna first make sure you got some skookum equipment so that you can just give 'er for many kliks at a time. If you want to stay on the chesterfield in your bunny hug playing with pencil crayons then you're on your own; I'll buy your sorry butt a Mickey later to console you, but I've got my double double ready to go so hand me my toque and I'll be gone!
Eh'? You go to Timmy's too buddy?

Reactions: Brovo
"asstrumpet" is a term I have created as just a generic insult.
"calm your cabbage before I russell your patch" is telling someone to calm down, potentially threatening or playful like depending on the scenario.
"you need more cowbell" as my friend says meaning you basically need something that makes you feel better.

Reactions: Amberlin and ElBell
Oh ya bud! Big cup for a toonie? Y'cant beat that eh
No! Now lets go watch some Hockey 'for the other blokes steal the best seats.

It's taking so much effort to focus on only Canadian slang and none of the street slang I picked up in my childhood. :rotfl:

Reactions: Minibit
No! Now lets go watch some Hockey 'for the other blokes steal the best seats.

It's taking so much effort to focus on only Canadian slang and none of the street slang I picked up in my childhood. :rotfl:
I get ya there bud; I got us some seats where we can see them ring rat kerfuffles up close 'n personal. Go Canucks!

• Love
Hoser--Loser, fool, idiot.

Aboot--About.

Eh'--Yeah?, hi, okay.

Dude, Guy, Buddy--Slang for "stranger".

Aboot time you hosers made it to the game eh'?

I love my country. :angel:
Truth! But 'bud/buddy' is a friendly term you can use with not just strangers! And 'eh' can be a question like 'huh' or 'what?', can make a sentence into a rhetorical question so that you can confirm the person you're talking to is still listening/interested, or be a greeting! Also 'Bud' in BC can also refer to either Budweiser beer, or marajuana.

Truth! But 'bud/buddy' is a friendly term you can use with not just strangers! And 'eh' can be a question like 'huh' or 'what?', can make a sentence into a rhetorical question so that you can confirm the person you're talking to is still listening/interested, or be a greeting! Also 'Bud' in BC can also refer to either Budweiser beer, or marajuana.
Which part of Canada do you live in? In Alberta we call each other 'buddy' all the time.

As for "eh", it is a magical word. Like "fuck" it has a million possible uses simply by changing the tone of your voice. Kind of hard to definitely list all the ways "eh" can be used since it's almost just the Canadian grunt.

British slang!

Plonker - idiot.
Twat, Wanker - British equivalent to "douchebag" and "jerk-off"
Dog's Bollocks, Pig's trotters, Bees knees - The best
"Are you rippin' the piss, mate?" - "are you making fun of me?"
Tit - baby
"Couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery" - "You are terrible at organizing"
"You're twistin my melon, man" - "What the fuck, man"
"Oi!" - Hello
"Piss off" - Fuck off

I'll add more when I can.

Which part of Canada do you live in? In Alberta we call each other 'buddy' all the time.
As for "eh", it is a magical word. Like "fuck" it has a million possible uses simply by changing the tone of your voice. Kind of hard to definitely list all the ways "eh" can be used since it's almost just the Canadian grunt.
I thought I clarified that 'Buddy' is a friendly term that isn't only for strangers (ie: you call your friend 'bud/buddy', too!) :/

I live in British Columbia! We are like neighbours! Actually I'm going to be flying over you tomorrow, so I'll look down and wave for ya :P

I thought I clarified that 'Buddy' is a friendly term that isn't only for strangers (ie: you call your friend 'bud/buddy', too!) :/
I live in British Columbia!
Huh. Sorry. I obviously misread that in my zeal to contribute.

Yes that is true. Then again, same applies for dude. So I guess it'd be more accurate to say...

Buddy, Dude -- Friendly personal pronoun. "Hey buddy!" [Stranger or Friend]
Guy -- Strangers. (Never heard it referred to friends.)

I'm not really big on slang, but I started a new job about six months back in a different county. As we head into the colder months, I'm hearing a lot of people using the phrase "nesh carrot" or "nesh as a carrot" as a term for someone that is prone to complaining about being cold. Whether it really is cold or not doesn't seem to matter, but the person that complains first is the "nesh carrot".

Jawn-meaning "girl", or sometimes thing.

Ex: "Dayum, she a bad jawn."

I say with one a lot and people freak out, because they think it's a real disease. lol xD

Earworm- a catchy song or tune that runs continually through a person's mind.

Some times I use these to describe myself:

Gawky and Lumpish- which just words for Klutzy

Ay, lemme go rep 808 real quick 'cuz I kinna miss this kine talk, never get chance fo talk like this to other people 'cuz I go stay onna mainland now

Sometime, outside, I go say something sound like, "You go stay go?" then get a funny look, 'cuz opps not inna right place. I sound like one mainlander but sometime I go type "kinda" like "kinna" soundin' like "kaina" but other people probably go read it like "Kee-nah" but is other little kine stuff get mistaken for other kine way of talkin'.

So check it, "You go stay go?" is like saying "Oh, are you heading out?/Are you going now?"