Tavia's Ambitions

Markus stopped and self contentiously looking down at his chainmail. "Uhh.." he said nervously as the girl "We... just arrived." he said thinking fast "And our luggage was misplaced." he squeezed Luna's hand "Sorry if theres a dress code but all we have to wear are these.. costumes." he studied Melinda trying to keep his hand both close to but not appearing to me close to the hilt of his dagger. Although she didn't appear to be demonic he still felt ill at ease in this world but decided to give her the benefit of the doubt and seeing that she did not offer her hand closed his and hitched his thumb on his belt. "Forgive me, I am Markus, Divi... And this is Luna."

It all happened so fast! Just as she and Markus were about to go, something hit him on the head! The strangest projectile she had ever seen! A girl seemed to appear right in front of them out of thin air and began talking! Luna was nearly overwhelmed by the amount of words flowing from her lips! After Markus had introduced them, she smiled. "We are lost ..." She blinked, suddenly curious. "What is the drama? And this Home ... Eck? And a frog?"

Exchange students with a poor grasp of English. At least that wasn't something new to Melinda. She rocked back and forth on her heels as she clasped her hands behind her back. She's returned to helping Charlie and Eric in just a second.

"In that case, let me welcome you to Teddy Roosevelt High. Coincidentally, I am the new representative for the Student Exchange program. So if you guys ever need any help you can just come find me! Oh- I'm Melinda by the way. Over there is Charlie and Eric." She grinned, still rocking back and forth on her heels.

Meanwhile, out on one of the empty fields, a strange dark rip rippled on the ground. Two long spindle arms popped out, followed by a huge furry body dragging itself up out of the ground. Dozens of eyes were all over it's head, and it even sported a few extra legs than it should have. Tilting up it's nose it sniffed the air. Yeeess... what it wanted was very close by.

It was now on the hunt!

Markus couldn't help but look at Luna, she was going to get them found out! He swallowed but the offer of help couldn't go unanswered. "Help.. yes Lady Melinda. We still don't have anywhere to sleep and like I said our possessions... If its possible for you to arrange something or know of someone who could. We're really at a loss here."

He hoped he had addressed her correctly, the fine, exceptionally even weave of her cloths suggested she was a person of standing, or at least wealth, Even if it seemed universal, perhaps this building was reserved for the upper echelons of society, even if it's cleanliness and lack of servants suggested otherwise.

"Damn, she's fast." Charlie suddenly popping up out of nowhere nearly scared this mornings' Egg Toast out of Eric. "Aye, we gotta stop by the A/V room, son. Left my USB with all our dance moves up in there." Eric glanced over at Melinda, who still seemed busy with the weird cosplay kids. "But what about Melinda? She's gonna think we've ditched her if she notices we are gone."

Charlie shrugged. "She's trying so hard to impress those people I am sure ain't even gonna notice if we just slip in before Mr. Fuentes locks up the room." Eric kind of hesistated, not sure himself why he would want to be a third wheel while Melinda chatted up those weird costumed kids. "Alright, but if something goes down, it's all going to be on you, Charlie. Remember that, I only volunteered to get your ass out of here faster." Charlie shrugged. "Just detention, son. Ain't like it's gonna kill me or anything. Come on." Charlie made his way towards te A/V room as Eric followed behind, feeling slightly bad for leaving Melinda alone with out telling her.