Tavern in the woods

Razor looks down at the soup and smiles back up at the man. "Thanks a bunch, I'm Razor by the way..." She picks up the recently cleaned spoon and starts to take small spoonfuls, blowing on them first to cool the soup down before putting the soup into her mouth. A warm feeling ran down her spine at the great taste of the soup. "You're right, this is amazing!" She compliments, taking another spoonful.

Fang gave the woman another sniff smelling some fresh scent in her hair mixed with the scent of his famous soup. The mixed scent sent gave him a relaxed feeling as he gave the woman a smile.

The body language she gave off had showed him that she wasn't just hiding a lie. She really like his soup, which didnt surprise him. Most people wouldn't dare to think to put spices and sugars in foods that he did, but thats what made his food great. Steak sauces. Who would of thought.

"The names BrokeFang. But just call me Fang." he said holding out a hand in kindness. He never had some many people in his tavern before. Matter of a fact, he never had a person in his tavern since he built it. 

Axel looked over his shoulder at the other two when a thought struck him.

"Hey, Fang," he called out to the owner. Even he himself didn't offer his name, the use of the bartender's was fine, right? But more to the point, where were the workers?

"Don't you have any hired hands around? I mean, sure you're all the way out here and hardly anyone would pass by, really, but..." He left the question hanging, knowing his mouth would, if left unattended, get him into trouble. It was part of why he ended up travelling the world twice over now. His mannerisms were blunt more often than not, even when he was going for the 'nice and friendly' angle most of the time. Axel didn't look away, twisting his lips to the side as he brought the bottle to his lips and took an awkward sip of it. Damn, this thing was just damn sexy! He needed to go back to that other guy and take his bottle. What would that one taste like?

After laying down the soup which, took little effort to make, he looked toward the man at the bar, which had turned and faced him, laying a question upon him about his tavern and its empty employers. 

He knew how to run this place better than he knew how to run his own truck, which laid hidden behind the tavern, waiting to make another trip toward town for supplies which he needed to do soon. "what was it" he thought "sugar" remembering what he needed to grab he gave a smile at the man. "well if you asking for a job?" he said thinking that he could use some help around the place. "you can start when you please." 

Axel thought about it some, swirling the liquid that half filled the bottle. Yeah, he was sure taking his time with the bottle. Who knew when he would come across something like that again. A job, huh? What a way to lay low, he thought. He was on a break, anyway. Running from people who want you dead just because of what you are isn't exactly a walk in the park. And the tavern was so out of the way...

"I'll take it," Axel said. "Tell me what's what and I'll do what needs to be done."

Yeah, ajob sounded great. It gave him something to do.

Fang had been watching the bottle of whiskey for sometime, remember the person it belonged to and the memory that grew around it. He us to listen to his father gloat on how proud he was of the bottle.

Shaking his head, pulling himself out of a daze. He looked back at the man giving him a friendly smile. "well theres nothing i haven't already done. I do need to run into town soon if your up. Got to pick up a box of spices."

Axel nodded and stood, hat in hand. After, he took the cork that was set on the bar and replaced it into the mouth of the bottle. He'd save the rest for later, maybe. His braid lifted off the ground of its own volition and the bladed end curled around the bottle, placing it in an empty spot on the shelf behind the bar. Didn't want to verstep on the first day, now, did he?The braid then retreated, coiled to the top of his head, and he immediately placed the hat over it.

His hand froze after the action. Had he gotten so comfortable as to use his hair in such a way already? He turned around and gave Fang a sheepish look. "Uh...I'm Axel?"

Smooth, Axe. He thought. Real smooth.

Fang had walked over to the door slipping his old brown boots on when he turned around seeing the man hair do some weird thing. He was slitty confused seeing it but new better to question it. Beside. Everyone had a secret.

"BrokeFang. Just call me Fang." he said grabbing his ol' cowboy hat off the rack and slipping it on his head, sliding his finger and thumb across the front bill, like in an old indiana jones movie. 

Smirking at Axel his nodes for him to follow as he headed out the door.

Axel grinned, no longer feeling awkward. After Fang walked through the door, he smirked. The guy wore a cowboy hat. He couldn't resist muttering to himself, "Let's git 'er done!"

Ah, he cracked himself up. Axel unconsciously adjusted his hat and made to follow. Razor, the girl was still making love to her bowl of soup. He bet that if that soup was anything like that bottle of whiskey then he'd have some of that sometime. Seemed to him that Fang wasn't a bad guy, even if he gave the air of a man with a haunted past. Then again, so was he so it didn't surprise him.

He gave himself a lopsided smile. It had been a while since he worked for someone.

That went to hell in less than fifty years.

The dark haired man broke into a whistle, foot-to-foot behind his new boss. Who knew? Maybe this time it wouldn't be so bad.

Slipping out the door, he smirked hearing the man comment. Been awhile since he heard that. Even growing up in the city, he always enjoyed being a redneck cowboy. 

Following a small path that lead to the backend of the tavern, he rounded the corner, revealing an old 4x4 chevy pickup. Giving the old gal a smirk, he climbed in, turning the key as the old truck started right up without a hassle.

"hope in pal." gesturing with his hand as he reeled down the window. The truck might if looked rusty on the outside, but it'll last longer than any modern car out there.

Axel rounded the corner after Fang and chuckled out loud. "Hot damn. You do have an old faithful!" He hadn't meant to say it out loud as he got inside but he couldn't resist. Besides, behind every good man was an old faithful, be it a long time lady-friend with benefits or even a pet. This guy just had a car.

"How long have you had her?" he asked, closing the door. "She runs nice, too."

It had been a while since he even thought about driving a car. People got caught faster that way, believe it or not. Going on foot made it harder to get caught because one simple left turn could toss someone off your tail faster than they can blink. He was living proof. He'd used that tactic for fifty years.

Axel ran a hand over the part of the dashboard in front of him, unconsciously drawing across his seat belt. When he realized what he'd done, he smirked. It did pay to strap in and get secured when with a cowboy. The ole gal may kick and buck, after all.

"hot damn" fang gave the man a quick look. He seemed cocky but decent. He could grow fond of this stranger he thought. Been awhile since he even spoke with another person. Now he was going into town with this guy. Every instinct told him to not trust the man and quickly find route that lead away from this guy. "dont trust him" his mind kept telling him

"How long have you had her" that knocked him back into reality again. He did that alot he had noticed lately. He wondered if anyone else did to.

"quite awhile my friend. She gets me where i need to go, and treats me well" saying that he put it in drive and hit the gas sending the wheels spinning for a few iches then drove out of the drive way down and old dirt road. 

Resting his arm outside the window he looked at the man for a second. "so where ya from son." he asked looking back at the road.

((wonder where I should slap in the trouble. >=D))

Damn straight the guy had it a while. But the engine was sweet and the mileage was probably incredible.

"So where ya from son?" Axel glanced at Fang for a moment and turned his gaze to the passing 'traffic.' If...trees were considered as such. They never moved out of the way so he guessed....

"I'm..." Christ, what could he tell the man? Axel wasn't exactly homeless, but he didn't have a home either. But how many people knew that? One? Himself?

"Well I'm not one to stay in place for long," he settled for. It wasn't good to lie to your boss anyway. And who knows what this man was capable of when angry or pissed? He didn't lie, either so his conscience was mostly clear. "I've traveled a lot and so I don't set up shop for more than three months at a time unless something's in the area to keep me around."

He shifted, squinting in the air that whipped at his face. "My mother was from England, though. Sweet ol' lady."

Yeah... Sweet as a crocodile in heat. That woman was a lunatic! She loved his father to death, though. He'd giver that.

"What about you?" he asked. "Couldn't have lived out here all your life, at least."

He kept his gaze on the road, slitty swerving to avoid big sharp rocks that might puncher his tires. He tired his best to keep the road cleared and maintained. Just in case that one guy who decided to take the back roads.

Hearing the mention that he never stayed to long gave fang an idea. Though those instincts kicked in again. Knowing that the man could bring trouble that he didn't need. 

"well if ya need a place to stay, iv got many rooms in the upstairs. You can make yourself at home." oh crap he did. But he could take it back now. It would be rude. "what are you doing" he thought to himself. "your breaking a rule." don't get involved physically or mentally toward others. Guess it must have been the over whelming urge for companionship. "ill let it slip this once" ever though he could sense a hidden past in the mans words.

Fang took a deep breath after Axel. Asked him of his origins. Referring to his old past. "no. Iv been here for at least 20 years now. Im from a place up north. Decided that i had wanderlust and headed out and landing my ol' self here in this spot" he said not fully lying to the man. 

(be back tommorow. Bed)

((yeah.....you really need it lol. took me a while to slap myself and really read that three times xD))

Axel whipped his head around, raising both eyebrows. Too good to be true, but alright... Life with risk, anyone?

"Um," he said, not really used to being shown such kindness in such a large amount in so short a time. "Thank you."

Just who the hell was this guy? Twenty years in the wilderness, a bachelor with a heart of near gold and he's still single? What did he do in life? But Axel just went with the flow. He didn't want to ruin a good thing too early in the game. Besides, he could use a stationary hideout for once. But then, a thought struck Axel. Up north...

Wasn't that wolf territory?

He took a cautious look at the other man. Nah, he couldn't be. Could he?

"So," he cleared his throat. "Well, I mean. I've been in those parts, but like I said, never stayed one place for long. But I knew up north was rumored to have a few packs of wolves running around. Not sure if it's true. Hell, I've only seen three in my lifetime. Neither were on good terms..."

The dark haired man grimaced. And dammit, those were awful terms. And on every single occasion, they tried to kill him. Well, two of them did. The other one, he wasn't so sure of that one's motives. Well...he never stuck around to find out anyway. That last wolf had been civil toward him, but never really accepted him as a friend. They got along, shared a few jokes but that was about it. That was how Axel kept most of his relationships for the past half century. He never knew who Gauss sent after him. His old boss was a force to be feared. Especially since the old bastard took him into his 'family' even though he was nowhere near something like them. They were all creatures of the lore; they were born the way they were. But Axel...to them he was an abomination that didn't warrant the slightest amount of pity; some filthy power hungry human that wanted more that he could handle and made himself into what he was. But the boss gave him a 'home' and that alone should give everyone else the opportunity to walk all over him.

Axel's frown deepened. Over his dead body. But he was indebted to the bastard and he did what was to be done, he and whom he thought were his friends. Some friends they were. He never asked to be what he was... He'd been this way for as long as he could remember! Good for nothing--.

Axel took a deep breath and calmed himself, turning his face to the wind to cool down. He couldn't allow himself to get worked up. It had been fifty years. Those actions should be water under the bride. They usually were, but this time it was just that side of 'personal.'

(( ya sorry about that. My grammer aint the prettiest!!! Im working on it though!!))

After passing an old fallen oak tree that he use to enjoy walking past, he heard the man mention about wolves. He had been up north in 'wolf territory' as he put it. 

Alaska wasn't just some place you drive into and expect to just settled down and do your everyday things. The elements mostly keep you aware of everything you did. Especially during winter. Though he loved the winters up there. Elk where plentiful. Till the eskimos stared killing more, so they could feed there dogs. 
It got hard at time but he enjoyed it. "what a shame" thinking to himself.

Clearly this axel was hiding much more than he previously suspected. Though fang didn't have room to talk. "ya. Up north can be harsh. Especially the wilderness." 

'Welcome to fair view North Carolina' the sign said said as they entered city limits. "where here" he said pointing to the  town. It was a small enough to that he could walk out in plain sight without worry of being exposed. And everyone was plain friendly.

Fangs stomach growled as he lowered his hand onto his empty belly. Looking over at the man he lifted an eyebrow. "ya hungry boy?" 

Axel let out a bark of shocked laughter. This guy... He just leaves a tavern where he cooks and whatnot and then gets hungry on the road. How insanely backward. But hey, not everyone likes to cook for themselves. Can't blame the guy. The thought of food got him thinking though. When was the last time he had live a day that wasn't hand-to-mouth?

"I could go for a bite," he said.

Wait-- 'Boy?' He raised an eyebow at Fang. So this man was​ older than he let on.

The town didnt seem much at first, but once you get far enough in, it opened up to many restanunts, hotels, bakery's and cloths shops.

"theres is an old bar that serves great stake." he gave the man a quick smirk knowing that it must of seemed weird to go to another bar, when he himself owned one.

Fang gave a quick look in the rear view mirror then turn onto another street.

((I can help if you'd like))

Back in town now, Axel really took in the sights. He had passed through, but not really with a thought to stay. But since he'd be around for a while --.

"Did you say steak?"

All, with no exception, all men loved steak. Those who didn't had to be mentally cracked. He saw the smirk on Fang's face and couldn't help a grin of his own.

((sure. I could use all the help i can get))

Fang looked away from the man as he turned into a parking lot that was across from the bar. Pulling next to a decked out hummer he switched the key off and leaned back looking at the man. "lets go" opening the door and shutting it behind him with a thump, he went to put his keys in his jacket when he dropped them on the ground "dang it" he said picking them up. "you'll like this place. It sometimes get interesting." and with that he put his keys in hi pocket and walked off toward the bar, crossing the street.