Tavern in the woods

Fang stood up from hi chair and causally walked toward the man stop just enough to give him space so not to make him feel nervous. "you'd guess right. I serve many kinds and varieties of drinks, food, and the best tomato soup on this side of the state. And for somewhere to stay. There are five small rooms upstairs that are ready to stay in. Stoping for a brief second, he extended his arm and opened his hand in gesture "the names Fang. Its short for BrokeFang"

((here I am))

Axel needed a smoke. Badly.

He tried vainly, and not for the first or fourth time, to get his lighter to work. Every three minutes he'd punctuate his morose gait with the *click click* of his generic brand lighter. The head of the cigarette was beginning to get damp with the hot air and spit that was starting to congeal at the tip. The dark haired man cursed around the cancer stick and shoved the lighter into his leather jacket's pocket. Green eyes narrowed to slits, homing in on a potential target to vent his frustrations out on. At first, he'd wanted a drink since he'd dragged through three cigarettes for the day [trying to be a 'responsible' smoker] but the nearest town didn't have anything strong enough to loosen him up. However, a pretty young thing decided to help him out and pointed him in the direction where his heated pace was headed.

Not too far off, however, he spotted smoke. And where there was smoke, there was a potential light. Axel felt his heart soar just a little and increased his hopeful steps. In almost not time flat, he was at the scene of a near died out car wreck. It was still ablaze. Without care or fear of another potential explosion, Axel ventured forward and plucked his cigarette out of his moth to hold the butt at the flame.

Success! With a satisfied grin, he put the cigarette between his lips and did a mental jig. But soon after, he looked forlornly at the wreckage, pocketed hand gripping the dead lighter ever so slightly. If only he could lump some of the flames into his lighter... But with a wistful sigh, he put the thought out of his mind and continued on his set path. He was in need of a drink now that he had his smoke. He took a jagged-looking path through the forest on the side of the road. He half wondered, after about ten minutes, if the townspeople sent him into the forest to get raped by some random bear. It was possible. He'd met some townspeople who were clearly off their rockers. At one point, they sent him to this weird old man for a place to stay since the inn was supposedly booked out. The old man nearly shot a hole through his crotch when he entered the house after knocking and finding the door open. Then again, it could have been self defence but...

Axel found his eyes darting to and fro like a crack addict looking for a quick sniff, looking out for errant bullets and crazy old ladies. That, in itself was another story. Ten more minutes passed by when the faint smell of some sort of dish hit his nostril. It was heavenly, but then again, with witches wandering around or squatting in the middle of nowhere, it could be a ploy. What was life without a little risk, he reasoned, puffing out a breath of smoke. As he neared the source of the scent, he found a rather large building. Witches have something akin to mansions, too?

He chuckled at his dry joke and proceeded. There was smoke coming out of the chimney so someone had to be there.

Walking in, he spotted a few people: four men, a lady and a little girl. The little girl must have been one of the adult's daughter or something. The place was kind of quiet, but it wasn't strained. But good grief, the place needed some conversation!

"Kind of out-of-the-way to have a tavern out here," he said casually, walking toward an empty stool. He sat beside the little girl, who seemed to not care he was even there. He, however, resisted the urge to wave his hand in front of her face. She might have been one of those crazy natives or something.

He folded his arms atop the bar's surface and puffed out another cloud of smoke. It wasn't his usual one, though, taking into consideration that a child was in his presence. Never mind that said child was in a tavern, but he digressed.

"Who runs this joint?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

Fang was never much for making conversation, even in huge groups he found himself avoiding people, even in small groups.
He had just finishing introducing himself to the other when he saw the man enter his tavern holding a smoke between his lips and blowing its all over his tavern. Now he was never one to judge someone so quick but the way the man had enter his tavern gave him a bad vibe toward the man, but knowing he was a quest in his tavern he answered the man with a fake friendly tone. "I am. This is my tavern" he finish his hand had still extend to the man in front of him"

Axel raised an eyebrow as he took in the man. Quiet guy, if he got the aura right. The dark look had passed over the owner's features too quickly for any normal person to really see, but you know, Axel wasn't normal. And neither was this man. His scent was off. For now, it wasn't too big of a deal. Besides, it looked to him that not many of the people in the building were all that 'normal' either.

Axel reached up and took off his hat, letting a rather long braid tumble down to lightly brush the floor behind him. It jingled along its trip, making Axel wince just slightly. He forgot about the thin Fleur-de-Lis blades he had tied to the ends of his hair. Ah, well. Too late, now.

"Ah, good." He nodded, clearing his throat. "Give me the best bottle of whisky you have."

After speaking to the group and exchanging hello's he head toward the bar, walking behind it and searching through the glasses pulling out a shot glass and laying in in front of him. "best whiskey coming up" turning around and heading toward the back room next to the kitchen is where he kept all is good whisky and all sorts of good varieties of wine, and beer. Tho he himself never like beer.
After grabbing a bottle that was fairly dated he dusted it off and headed out the door laying the bottle in front of him. "will this work sir?"

As the owner moved to the back of the bar, Axel took his time to look around. The place wasn't too shabby. If it weren't so far in the back of existence and spiced up with a few more...well, more homely colors on the walls, he bet it would have been the life of every party dared to be hosted here.

"Will this work, sir?"

Axel returned his attention to the bar and eyed the bottle. Furtively, he took a whiff of the scent trapped in the bottle. It didn't smell poison. Being a creature such as himself warranted the utmost caution. Then again, wandering into a forest to some far-fetched bar and stopping at a dangerous wreck just before wasn't exactly cautious.

Semantics.

"Sure," Axel nodded, snagging the bottle. It had been too long since he had a drink. He used to think that humans were weird in their quest to get drunk and waste their lives over bottles of such rancid liquids. But hey, the stuff was good. He'd never go as far as to lose all inhibition over a few bottles but it was good to loosen up. Especially after the journey he had...

"What do I owe?" He asked, even as he opened the bottle. He completely ignored the shot glass and took the bottle by the neck. It was crass, he knew, but dammit this was his first drink in months!

It had been along time since he had walked into the back room for a bottle of whiskey.
 He used to just sit around and drink to the moon, trying to drink away past memories that did nothing but haunt him. It wasn't till he decide that the memories weren't going to go away that he finally stopped drinking his life away.

Seeing the man take the bottle and eye it, before drinking it straight from the bottle, made him think of the old urges to take just a sip. But everyone knows the old saying "the more i drink. The more i drink". So he just smirked and waved his hand to the man. "that ones on the house" 

Axel removed the bottle with an airy 'pop' and raised an eyebrow in puzzlement. But he knew from experience not to look a gift horse in the mouth. He offered the bartender a lopsided grin.

"Thanks," he said, sincerely. Now, if only the bottle magically refilled itself. But we all knew that it wouldn't work. He set the bottle down and read the label. He wanted to commit it to memory so whenever he continued his travels, he knew just what to look for. He glanced at the owner, lifting the bottle to his lips.

"I've got to hand it to you," he commented. "You have good taste." He took a swig. "What's it called?"

Seeing the man chug of of the worlds most expensive whiskeys out there, smacked a smile on his face. "glad you like it" He sighed with relief seeing that The bottle of whiskey that took him months to tracked down, didnt disappoint. 

He was saving that bottle for himself, for when the first costumer came through that door, but seeing that he didnt drink anymore, he decided to give it to his first costumer. 
Thinking of the name he through the words at him not knowing if the man ever heard of it "The Macallan Fine and Rare Collection, 1926. 60 years old whiskey friend"

Axel's brows raised in approval. He gave a low whistle of appreciation. And rare to boot. He'd heard of the Macallan Collection but he had only run across one of the bottles. The bartender at that particular tavern had the thing in a glass case for only admiration. Never in his years did he think he'd find something that tasted this great. He was sure there could be better but right now, this was it.

"Where'd you get your hands on this beauty?" he asked, setting the bottle down almost gently after learning of its origins. Maybe he and this guy could get along quite well. Hell, he bought him a drink. Axel nearly chuckled at the implications but shrugged it off. "I'd only seen one other in some city hundreds of miles away. Barkeep kept it like some trophy. Now I know why."

Fang was starting to grow fond of this stranger, seeing that he heard of this fine and rare whiskey only few have or will ever try, but when he asked the question of its origins, now that knocked the smile off fangs face pretty quick. 

It had been years since he was outcasted and hunted down like a rogue wolf. Years went by till he finally settled down in this tavern. Knowing it would be at least a century till he had to run again. 

Now in the story of the wine. Well that was an interesting one. His old alpha held onto that bottle of whiskey like it was his very own child. Now lets just say he could leave and get hunted without giving the poor old alpha a true reason to do so.

Fang looked at the strange with a smirk, a story fluttering in his eyes. " lets just say i borrowed it from an old friend"

Axel watched the smile disappear and wondered immediately if he'd dug into some unknown past that was preferred to be left untouched. He knew how that went. Some people were just too nosy for their own good. But soon after, he watched the barkeep's eyes go unfocused for a moment. Ah, memories. Double-edged beasts they were.

"Let's just say I borrowed it from an old friend," he had said, coming back to the present.

Old friend, eh? Must have been nice to still have someone around to consider a friend. After nearly fifty years of being blighted by his own... Axel felt the corners of his mouth gain a little weight. But he was having a good time, why should he dwell on less than favorable memories?

Axel chuckled dryly, glancing at the faded label and spinning the bottle's bottom on the surface of the bar. "Well damn, must be some pretty old friend," he hummed, referring to the age of the drink. "Must trust or like you enough to let you hold on to this baby. I think I would have found a way to remake this and keep an entire stock." He took a smaller swig. "If you ever see your old friend again, tell him he's my hero."

(Hey, stumbled across this and thought. Must. Join. >.< So I am just goin' to jump right in if that's okay. Just a heads up here, making my character a pyro).

Razor was preoccupied with the small flame she was trying to conjure on her finger tips, but every time she snapped her fingers together for friction, a flame would ignite, than quickly flicker out. She definitely needed to work on controlling the flames that were coursing through her veins. With a sigh she gave up and took a quick look around, realizing it was beginning to get dark and she was going to need a place to stay.

Seeing a tavern nestled in the forest, she quickly makes her way there. She nervously opens the door and peeks inside. Seeing it isn't quite empty. She takes a deep breath than pushes the door completely open. She holds her head high and walks over the doorjamb, but her toe catches and she stumbles, just barely managing to catch herself on a table near the door. A dirty glass topples off the table and shatters when it hits the floor. Razor's bright blue eyes widen in shock and embarrassment.

Great, you just barely got here and you're already destroying the place. She thought in dismay. Always a good first impressionist, aren't you Razor?

"Oh my gosh!" She quickly bends down to pick up the pieces. "I am so sorry...I'll pay for it I swear..." She looks up at the man behind the bar apologetically. She just stands there awkwardly with the broken glass in her hands. Her waist length black hair was now slightly messed up, and her tall, lanky frame didn't do anything to make her appear less awkward.

Razor had always bit a sort of klutz, and of course it had to get in the way now. She was biting the edge of her lower lip, a nervous tick she had acquired at a young age.

"Again....really sorry about this." She sighs.

Kageki had been standing about between the group of people around him when another person entered the bar. He seemed to be another male adult with some weird stick in his mouth that emitted smoke. His memory slowly crawled around for what it was called until it finally clicked and the word "cigarette" came to mind. It wasn't much longer until he remembered that the smell of smoke disgusted him quite a bit. It annoyed Kageki so much that he quickly and quietly stepped as far to the other side of the bar as he could.

The owner of the bar and the smoking man started to talk to each other while Maggie and the young boy just stood there talking with each other. He figured that he was just here for the entertainment purposes, although at the moment there was nothing fun going on. As the smoking man began to drink the alchohol Kageki decided to fool around and mess with the bartenders shadow so he let his hand rest against the wall and slowly slip into the shadows. As his hand vanished into the shadow of the wall he began to manipulate "brokefang"'s (as he announced himself) shadow to move around and become three dimensional. The shadow walked off from its owner and began to move stuff around somewhat clunkily as if trying to be noticed.

It was only for a small amount of time that Kageki did this before the shattering of glass made him jolt and the shadow shuddered before snapping back onto the ground and behind Brokefang. When he looked over at the source of the noise a young girl was bent over picking up glass and apologizing. She kept saying something about paying for the glass and that she was sorry over and over which somewhat annoyed him. After all he figured that one apology was the only thing needed. When she stood back up and stared awkwardly at the room Kageki couldn't help but find himself enjoying the now quiet atmosphere although he noticed the remaining shards of glass on the ground and could easily see himself stepping on them later and harming his bare feet. He quickly sent his shadow along the floor and watched it wrap around the remaining bits of glass and then setting it in the base of the broken glass before retreating once more to its owner.

Razor looked down momentarily to see what looked like a shadow creep across the floor. She thought it was just the fixture of lighting in the room playing tricks with her head, that is, until small bits and pieces of the glass were picked up and neatly placed into the broken bottom of the glass. Razor tipped her head to the side at the strange shadow as it retreated further back into the tavern. The odd sight did nothing to phase Razor, as she quickly snapped up the remaining glass. Blowing a stray piece of black hair out of her eyes, she shuffled over to the edge of the bar, and placed the glass there. Reaching in her back pocket, she added what she hoped would be enough to covered the damaged glass.

Razor spun around, keeping her eyes glued to a small table, set slightly aside from everyone else, and hidden in shadows, so even if someone was looking, they wouldn't be able to see the embarrassment written plainly on her face. Pulling the chair out as quietly as possible, Razor quickly sat down, and ducked her head. Her eyes kept darting around suspiciously for the strange shadow-like creature, and she silently regretted sitting here, but didn't dare get up and find a new area in the tavern. Her thumbs took up an automatic slow twiddling, and seeing as it made her look like a child instead of her real age, she swiftly hid her hands under the table as well.

After breifly visiting the past of his old memories, which he could of gone without. He reached for the glass he brought out for the man, who decided to just chug it, and put the small shot glass away.

Looking down under the bar he eyed more shot glasses feeling the old urge to drink and forget, but he knew as well not to go back to his old ways, even though he didn't have anything else better to do. 

The sound of the tavern doors opening and glass falling got fangs attention pretty quick. He looked up to see and young lady tumbling all over his tavern and looking up at him as if she just committed a crime. "its alright miss. Don't you worry bout a thing" his old southern accent coming back at him. As the women sat down he relized that the man in the corner of the place was doing some kind of weird trick with the shadows "interesting" he thought turning his attention back to the lady. "can i get ya something?" he finished give the man with the whiskey a nod of agreement.

(sorry grammer sucks. Was in a rush)

Razor looked up at the man behind the bar and smiled slightly, though the smile was quickly covered by her biting down on her lip again. She thought a moment before finally replying to the man. "Well...I'll have whatever you would recommend." She said quietly. Razor had never been one for crowds, and preferred to just blend in to the walls around her, because when she found herself in conversation even with only one person, she always managed too make a fool of herself in the process. She laughed at herself, and scratched the back of her head nervously, another one of her strange habits. "U-unless it's to much trouble, than I'll be fine." She quickly added, her eyes widening.

((Don't stress it haha, if I can read through my friends text messages where they use Z at the end of every word, reading that is a walk in the park.))

Fang gave a quick sniff toward the woman, sensing tension in the ladies voice and body language. He understood why she felt so nervous and uncomfortable. And room full of stranger that he never even met. That didn't worry him to much, seeing that he could handle his own. He had well plan every inch of the tavern for a full out war. Guns, knife, even a bottle of holy water hidden through out the tavern. 'ya' holy water. He thought it was funny too but, better safe than sorry.

"you like soup?" he asked pulling out a towel to wipe off the already clean counter. "i make the best soup in the country. Grow my own tomatoes to."

She smiles up at teh bartender, thinking if she was in the mood to eat, but she couldn't turn down the offer. "Sure, if you don't mind, I would love a bowl." She slowly gets up and walks over to the bar, sitting down on one of the stools, so the man wouldn't have to walk alway over to her secluded table just to deliever the bowl of soup when it was ready. She was snapping her fingers togther beneath the cover of the bar, a small flame igniting there for a moment than flickering out. While he made the soup, she made a slow glance around the room. this place looks more like a war bunker than a tavern, she thinks to herself with a small laugh.

Fang took know time heading into his kitchen and mixing up a bowl. Adding small things to make it just right, then adding his secret spice. A couple drops off A1 steak sauce.

Heading out the door he took a quick glance at his tavern sending a quick smile to his face as he relized that his tavern had finally come alive. He noticed that the lady had moved to another table and walked over to it laying the soup in front of her with a smile. "enjoy."