• No But I'm thinking about it

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • No and I don't care

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No and I will never get one

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No and I will tell you why not

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Who cares about tattoos I wanna push a button!

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a girl I hide the one behind my ear easily, my hip and ribs obviously hidden by my shirt, one on my leg hidden by jeans and boots, wrist is small and no one ever notices it
Being Male and loving shorts, the ear and legs likely wouldn't work for me.
Rib is a good idea though... Though I can imagine the process of getting one there hurting like a bitch.

Being Male and loving shorts, the ear and legs likely wouldn't work for me.
Rib is a good idea though... Though I can imagine the process of getting one there hurting like a bitch.

depends on your pain tolerance and how you deal with needles and the constant ripping up of your skin can get annoying if you have sensitive skin it will definitely be red when your done

depends on your pain tolerance and how you deal with needles and the constant ripping up of your skin can get annoying if you have sensitive skin it will definitely be red when your done
I find I have a high pain tolerance to big things.
But a bunch of tiny small sources of pain is something that would drive me insane.

I find I have a high pain tolerance to big things.
But a bunch of tiny small sources of pain is something that would drive me insane.
I didn't feel any of mine well the leg a little bit.

Is your pain tolerance usually high?
yes and no for certain parts of my body like my fucked up shoulder but where I have my tattoos no there not use to pain

yes and no for certain parts of my body like my fucked up shoulder but where I have my tattoos no there not use to pain
Wait, so which parts do and don't feel pain? o_o

on my body no where apparently when I get tattoos , but normally my shoulder, hips, feet, knees, lower back, and neck

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Different areas hurt less or more. Usually, the more meat areas with more muscle hurt less. For example: Upper arm, calf, chest. Places like that.

The super tender areas that tend to hurt more are: The ribcage, foot, wrist or inside forearm area, shoulder, neck.

In my state, the law requires you to be 18 to get a tattoo. So my dad and I went on my 18th birthday and we both got our first tattoos. I chose my first tattoo to be on my right ribcage. The artist said that is one of the most painful areas. I was nervous, but I went in with the mentality that it could hurt so bad, it may be the worst pain I've ever felt. I was expecting it to hurt so bad, that it when it did come, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It still hurt like a bitch though.

When I had my second one a few years later, it was done on my pectoralis muscle over my heart. That one actually hurt more than my ribs because it was larger so the artist had to use a larger shading needle.

Funny Story. The position I had to lie in to have the one done on my side, was almost as if you were doing a side plank type of workout, with my arm over my head. I was clenching from the pain so much, that I began to sweat. I had to have my shirt off, so based on the position I was in, sweat was dripping off my armpit hair on to the floor. By the end of the session, there was a pool of armpit sweat on the floor under the chair. lololol

@Gwazi Magnum

The ribs wasn't to bad. I found it interesting because I could watch him. I could see the needle going into my skin and feel it at the same time. I could see him move it as well, so I knew when to expect the pain. Its kind of cool, seeing the needle go in and out of your skin and then leaving ink. I was so focused on that half the time, the pain wasn't a big deal.

• Love
Different areas hurt less or more. Usually, the more meat areas with more muscle hurt less. For example: Upper arm, calf, chest. Places like that.

The super tender areas that tend to hurt more are: The ribcage, foot, wrist or inside forearm area, shoulder, neck.

In my state, the law requires you to be 18 to get a tattoo. So my dad and I went on my 18th birthday and we both got our first tattoos. I chose my first tattoo to be on my right ribcage. The artist said that is one of the most painful areas. I was nervous, but I went in with the mentality that it could hurt so bad, it may be the worst pain I've ever felt. I was expecting it to hurt so bad, that it when it did come, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It still hurt like a bitch though.

When I had my second one a few years later, it was done on my pectoralis muscle over my heart. That one actually hurt more than my ribs because it was larger so the artist had to use a larger shading needle.

Funny Story. The position I had to lie in to have the one done on my side, was almost as if you were doing a side plank type of workout, with my arm over my head. I was clenching from the pain so much, that I began to sweat. I had to have my shirt off, so based on the position I was in, sweat was dripping off my armpit hair on to the floor. By the end of the session, there was a pool of armpit sweat on the floor under the chair. lololol

That's not always true because my ribs did not hurt at all when I got them done.

That's not always true because my ribs did not hurt at all when I got them done.
Everyone's sensitivity in certain areas differs. As does everyone's tolerance for pain. Pain is a completely objective and opinion based feeling. Though those guidelines for what hurts the most is based on loose generalities and anatomy. Everyone is going to feel different amounts in different places, but as a rule of thumb, the chances are that some of those ares will hurt more than others to a degree.

A person's BMI also matters. A person who is largely overweight and has more amounts of fat in those rib areas, may certainly not be as sensitive as someone who is extremely fit and has almost no fat over the abdominal muscles. That is also subjective.

Artists just give you a general guideline of things that are likely to hurt more in certain areas.

Everyone's sensitivity in certain areas differs. As does everyone's tolerance for pain. Pain is a completely objective and opinion based feeling. Though those guidelines for what hurts the most is based on loose generalities and anatomy. Everyone is going to feel different amounts in different places, but as a rule of thumb, the chances are that some of those ares will hurt more than others to a degree.
yes we all do, but I literally have no pain tolerance and I have 6 tattoos and 4 piercings felt nothing with any of them. However my friend said the same with her ribs and her boyfriend was crying the whole time and I mean this was a tough guy. so it's not always true

I also don't know if this has been said already, but the artist that did mine, used stencils.

He created what I wanted on a computer and printed it out on a special kind of wax paper that had ink on it. I wold him where I wanted it, and he applied it on my body. The ink took and you can then see what it would like like on your skin. Before he begins to do the tattoo. If you think it should be smaller, he goes back to the computer and makes the whole things smaller. Then does it again. All to it is to your liking. Then once it is where you like it, he keeps the ink there and using it as a guide or stencil for the lines and things.

When I had one done, the artist rendered my idea and put it on me and I hated it. So I made him create a whole new design right there. He did it, and I loved the second one when he applied it to me. So I had him do that.

Most artists are extremely nice and will really work with you. Mainly because, if you get a first tattoo with them, and they really help you, and make you comfortable and do a design you love. The chances of you coming back for another tattoo are much greater. Repeat business, is more money.

Does the pain you get from Tattoo's turn into a big bruise that lasts for a while?
Or is it more just an immediate only pain deal?

Does the pain you get from Tattoo's turn into a big bruise that lasts for a while?
Or is it more just an immediate only pain deal?
can be bruise like but mostly just red after my hip after felt like I fell on something really hard the other's not so much

Status
Not open for further replies.