• No But I'm thinking about it

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • No and I don't care

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No and I will never get one

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No and I will tell you why not

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Who cares about tattoos I wanna push a button!

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 6 and They are a infinty sign on my left wrist, my zodiac sign aka Scorpio on my right hip, celtic moon back, claddah ring left leg, the females in my family first initials in music notes left side on my ribs, and the Deathly Hallows behind my right ear.

I have two! <3

(Spoilis for huge ass pictures xD)

One on my hip:
[spoili]image.jpeg[/spoili]

Half sleeve that is a work in progress:
[spoili] image.jpeg[/spoili]

It needs line and dot work still done in one more session. Should look like this when finished <3
[spoili]image.jpeg[/spoili]

Thanks for looking! ;D <3

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I sort of want to get a tattoo, but my parents would disown me and I have no idea what I want. I like the idea of getting a tattoo that simply looks nice, because any meaning I give to it would come in time. Another problem is location. I don't think I'm confident enough with my body to put it somewhere like my hips, legs or arms, and if I ever get really out of shape by middle age, that tattoo will be a constant, bulging reminder of how I used to look in my teens and 20s. :I

TO MY FELLOW INDECISIVE OR SPUR OF THE MOMENT PEOPLE.

I have a solution.

FAQs - Momentary Ink

Also, tattoos are sooo sexy but i am cool with no tattoos.

Also, Falcon. Keep in mind with hand/finger tattoos they can fade very fast and look like a bad smudge/blot because we use our hands a lot. You should defiantly look into or ask how to preserve your tattoos in a delicate place.

@Mid - I think you've confused me with someone else. I'm not the person thinking about one for my hand.

If I did get one it'd be on my shoulder or upper back.

FB_IMG_1457192180683.jpg

FB_IMG_1457192173292.jpg
FB_IMG_1457192167169.jpg
FB_IMG_1457192138080.jpg
FB_IMG_1457192093409.jpg
FB_IMG_1457192087359.jpg
Here are my tattoos from above post, all older pictures of them.

TO MY FELLOW INDECISIVE OR SPUR OF THE MOMENT PEOPLE.

I have a solution.

FAQs - Momentary Ink

Also, tattoos are sooo sexy but i am cool with no tattoos.

Also, Falcon. Keep in mind with hand/finger tattoos they can fade very fast and look like a bad smudge/blot because we use our hands a lot. You should defiantly look into or ask how to preserve your tattoos in a delicate place.

I know. haha I talked with an artist about it already. They are really tough and require a really good artist. But it would actually work out better than a ring for me, because I am a weightlifter, football player, and going to be a personal trainer. So I would almost certainly lose any ring she gives me.

• Love
Reactions: Mid
One day I hope to get a back piece done representing my tarot birth card, Death. I have some rough ideas of what I want (mainly skeletons and flowers), but I adore the idea of having something depicting rebirth. It means a lot to me. Unfortunately I'm also a big baby when it comes to pain, so that's one thing really putting me off from getting one. D:

Most Tattoo designs have never interested me enough to consider putting them on me.

Plus, they're permanent. Last thing I want to do is make a misjudgement, and then have something on me for life.

Other people can really sell them, but I don't think they're for me personally.

Most Tattoo designs have never interested me enough to consider putting them on me.

Plus, they're permanent. Last thing I want to do is make a misjudgement, and then have something on me for life.

Other people can really sell them, but I don't think they're for me personally.
Actually, most tattoo shops work with you to create a design. While there's certainly cases where you show an artist what you want to have done or you pick out of a catalog, being friends with people in the industry really opened my eyes to the world they live in. Tattoo artists are just that, artists. My kraken, for instance, is entirely original. I told my friend who owns a shop in Edmonton I wanted to get a kraken done, and he came back to me a few days later with a text message showing me the line work for it that he drew by hand. They work with you to get something you want and would be proud of, and it's their reputation on the line; they want their piece to be something they're proud of, as well. Your new tattoo is a part of their legacy and portfolio, and their reputation is on the line if it's something that's done badly. It's the reason most tattoo shops refuse to do hand, neck, and face tattoos, which are known as "career killers" among a lot of artists, unless the client has most of their body tattooed already. It reflects badly on them if somebody can't get a job or deal with the social stigma of having visible tattoos.

So, with that in mind, if you are interested in getting a tattoo and have a general idea what you want, find a reputable shop and check out their web page or Facebook page and see what kind of work they do and what artist has a style you like, and let them know what you're interested in. They'll probably do the same thing for you as they did for me and they won't start the actual ink job until you're satisfied with the design.

The thing I hear a lot from people is they don't want to get a tattoo and realize down the road they hate it. The only time I've ever heard anyone with a tattoo regretting what they got is when they made a stupid half-assed decision and got a really ugly cheap tattoo done. Case in point, look at the poll. Everyone who has a tattoo is happy with what they have, and almost everyone else is thinking about it. Chances are, whatever you get done will be something you'll love for the rest of your life. Like I touched on before, it's kind of a portrait into the time of your life when you had it done, and it's got a story to tell. That to me is pretty awesome, and honestly, I find tattoos to be such a great conversation starter that it really helps with something like social anxiety. I have had a lot easier time starting conversations with strangers with tattoos than I did before hand.

Anyways, sorry, that was kind of more of a general post for anybody who's on the fence about it, but I wanted to address the "what if I make a mistake?" mentality.

• Thank You
Actually, most tattoo shops work with you to create a design. While there's certainly cases where you show an artist what you want to have done or you pick out of a catalog, being friends with people in the industry really opened my eyes to the world they live in. Tattoo artists are just that, artists. My kraken, for instance, is entirely original. I told my friend who owns a shop in Edmonton I wanted to get a kraken done, and he came back to me a few days later with a text message showing me the line work for it that he drew by hand. They work with you to get something you want and would be proud of, and it's their reputation on the line; they want their piece to be something they're proud of, as well. Your new tattoo is a part of their legacy and portfolio, and their reputation is on the line if it's something that's done badly. It's the reason most tattoo shops refuse to do hand, neck, and face tattoos, which are known as "career killers" among a lot of artists, unless the client has most of their body tattooed already. It reflects badly on them if somebody can't get a job or deal with the social stigma of having visible tattoos.

So, with that in mind, if you are interested in getting a tattoo and have a general idea what you want, find a reputable shop and check out their web page or Facebook page and see what kind of work they do and what artist has a style you like, and let them know what you're interested in. They'll probably do the same thing for you as they did for me and they won't start the actual ink job until you're satisfied with the design.

The thing I hear a lot from people is they don't want to get a tattoo and realize down the road they hate it. The only time I've ever heard anyone with a tattoo regretting what they got is when they made a stupid half-assed decision and got a really ugly cheap tattoo done. Case in point, look at the poll. Everyone who has a tattoo is happy with what they have, and almost everyone else is thinking about it. Chances are, whatever you get done will be something you'll love for the rest of your life. Like I touched on before, it's kind of a portrait into the time of your life when you had it done, and it's got a story to tell. That to me is pretty awesome, and honestly, I find tattoos to be such a great conversation starter that it really helps with something like social anxiety. I have had a lot easier time starting conversations with strangers with tattoos than I did before hand.

Anyways, sorry, that was kind of more of a general post for anybody who's on the fence about it, but I wanted to address the "what if I make a mistake?" mentality.
Wasn't aware about the custom stuff, good to know. :)

Though, personally the whole 'what if I regret it' deal is still a big factor for me.
I can't actually even think of anything I'd want right now, so even if I talked to a tattoo artist it would be more of an improvisation.

Plus I'm betting part of the reason the majority of people with one love it is because they already knew they wanted it.
While people more on the fence like me, just don't go into it. But if we did, we'd probably be altering that number.

I've considered one for a while but I must design it myself and then not hate it in two months.

Turns out, I'm not great at that.

Wasn't aware about the custom stuff, good to know. :)

Though, personally the whole 'what if I regret it' deal is still a big factor for me.
I can't actually even think of anything I'd want right now, so even if I talked to a tattoo artist it would be more of an improvisation.

Plus I'm betting part of the reason the majority of people with one love it is because they already knew they wanted it.
While people more on the fence like me, just don't go into it. But if we did, we'd probably be altering that number.
It's definitely something you have to know what you want or feel fairly strongly about, I think. Some people just go get impulse tattoos, which is fine, but those are usually people who have more than a few under their belts already. The nice thing is there's no pressure to get one if you don't want one, but it's nice to be informed if you want to get one, especially if you have ideas.

One idea I had that I thought would be kind of neat would be a tree as a memorial for people in your life, so you add another branch when somebody close to you passes away. That way you're carrying them with you and it symbolizes their contribution to you growing as a person. I'll probably get a dragonfly when my dad passes on because that's something he's always loved and talked about getting a tattoo of himself. I'll probably do something like that for my mother as well, it's just harder to pinpoint one thing that's her.

In the mean time, next up is the plague doctor mask.

One idea I had that I thought would be kind of neat would be a tree as a memorial for people in your life, so you add another branch when somebody close to you passes away. That way you're carrying them with you and it symbolizes their contribution to you growing as a person. I'll probably get a dragonfly when my dad passes on because that's something he's always loved and talked about getting a tattoo of himself. I'll probably do something like that for my mother as well, it's just harder to pinpoint one thing that's her.
This idea I really like... :3

But then I look back at how my family is with smaller stuff like phone backgrounds, and the first thing I think of is how many times people are going to flip out because I added X, or didn't add Y.

This idea I really like... :3

But then I look back at how my family is with smaller stuff like phone backgrounds, and the first thing I think of is how many times people are going to flip out because I added X, or didn't add Y.
You might be looking a bit too far into it. It's still your body, your design. It's the thought that counts rather than the details.

Side question on Tattoo's.
Are there any popular hidden areas for it other than the back?
You might be looking a bit too far into it. It's still your body, your design. It's the thought that counts rather than the details.
Probably.
Though when you have a family member who thinks ISIS will kill you making a Muhammed joke online, or can be disappointed in you for not making a facebook comment, anything's in the realm of being twisted going insane.

Rule up thumb, if you can hide it under a T shirt, you're good to go.

Side question on Tattoo's.
Are there any popular hidden areas for it other than the back?

As a girl I hide the one behind my ear easily, my hip and ribs obviously hidden by my shirt, one on my leg hidden by jeans and boots, wrist is small and no one ever notices it

• Thank You
also warning tattoos are addictive as well as piercings

Status
Not open for further replies.