Tattoos? Good or Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Le_Nick

I just got back to this site so sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong place :) I was requesting a review on my tattoo description for one of my characters- I am a big fan of Tattoos and harness them to offer hints at character's pasts and more.

Stormi - A Soldier-Esque type elf. Not the best at describing my toons in word words- I use their histories and tattoos for that xD

This man doesn't believe in beauty of natural skin. He believes in the beauty of ink and it shows considering his face is half covered in ink- Both his cheeks are covered in a variety of differently sized stars that reach all the way down from his cheeks to his chin and down to his neck where they begin to fade off into the tattoos of his back and chest.
The man before you didn't believe in the beauty of natural skin- unblemished, perfectly toned flesh. He believed in the beauty of history and most of all, ink. It showed considering the elft half of his face was a mixture of black and grey inks- Drawing out the man's tendons and skeletal features across that side of his face- Reaching down the left side of his neck where it drew out every single artery and vein in green inch that was speckled with golden hints as if signaling the flow of life up into the man's head and towards his brain. The right side of his face was speckled in small, glimmering and glittering blue stars that seemed to come out of his eye- Coming down to his neck where the stars broke apart into small chunks of blue ink that scattered and dissipated down beneath his armor.

The first prominent tattoo you would be able to spot if you ever managed to get this man undressed was the massive icon of wisdom drawn across his back- Their glaives drawn in a soft, blue ink while the rest of the icon of wisdom was drawn in grew ink- A glaive reaching up to each of his shoulder blades and the third coming down to rest just above his buttocks. Though, there were even more tattoos between each glaive- Faint, small drawings- But a keen eye could almost depict a battle. Across the left side of his back there were small, armored elven figures with pole-arms out stretched as if waiting for a charge- A flicker of purple ink offering a hint at a darnassian banner while across the right side of his back there were soldiers of different sized- All in plate armor with blurred out faces charges across the right side of his back with their swords up in the air towards the Darnassian line of skirmish. Lower down his back near the center of his back there was a face drawn in the faintest of blue inks beneath the glaive of the icon of wisdom- The face was slightly concealed by the cloth of a tattered hood and the eyes seemed to be staring up at the battle. The left side of the face featured half a healthy, fleshy face with a narrowed, green eye and a bared fang while the right side of the face on the right side of the glaive featured a skeletal right half of a face- Teeth clenched and eyes socket morphed and narrowed to look almost angry. Standing over this raging battle an hourglass of black ink reached up- Swirling and twining around the edges of the glaive and in-between each fighting soldier and blade until it formed at the very top of his neck just beneath his hairline was some sort of morphed depiction of Queen Azshara in her elven form.

The second prominent tattoo you would be able to see was the image of a torn and flaming Darnassian banner inked across his chest in a bright, vibrant purple and grey ink with rippling orange and yellow flares of flame licking up at the edges of the tattered ends and through the holes of war in the banner. Written all through-out the banner- Burned out and cut out in some places were words in ancient elven. They were phrases written in a cursive-like font- From left side to right side they offered their message reading. "Amin naa'lle nai, Amin sinta thaliolle'e'dagor… Lle wethrine aminm Tanya I'narr en gthrima'na shal'a cuamin linduva yassen manka I'narr glinuva nuin I'anor." Repeatedly tattoed into the flesh of the man all the way down to the bottom of his stomach just above his groin. What these words mean? Well, that's for you to find out!

Status
Not open for further replies.