Tattoos and Piercings

Biomech_day1_small.jpg

So I got this on my leg.

3jwah.jpg

My sexy blue rose tat. Tats are quite addicting. If I didn't have problems with my lower back, I would SOOO get more.

All of your tattoos and designs are killer! For those of you who have tattoos... What would you say was the scariest part? The pain? Trusting the artist? Knowing it's permanent?

Inside scoooop please! ;)

Trusting the tattooist isn't hard if you've done your research. Look the guy/girl up, check out their work, go into the store and talk to them. Get to know them a bit, basically; if they seem like they know what they're doing and you like their work, you'll probably be okay.

The tattooing itself isn't so bad in retrospect, though at the time it's a bit "why yes, that is a needle in my fucking skin D:". The line-art's not so bad, but shading/colouring will hurt a bit.

Make sure you've eaten before you get the tattoo done, and be sure to have something with a fair bit of sugar in it. It helps.

And avoid like the fucking plague any tattoo studio that seems dodgy, or any tattooist who rubs you the wrong way. It's all too easy to get a bad piece of work on you, and a bitch to get it removed.

As long as the tattoos are well made and don't cover the persons entire body I love tattoos and piercings as well as long as it don't go overboard and I'm not into tongue piercings much but otherwise I like how they both look. I contemplated getting my ears pierced after getting a pair of beutiful yinyang earings from my grandma so I pierced my ears only a few years ago but they got infected and had to heal, later I went and got new holes and they healed just fine. I would also like a tattoo actually, a kanji sign, a yin yang symbol or a japanese dragon as I'm born in the year of the dragon, but I have a serious phobia of needles so I'm not sure I'll get one.
yinyang.JPG

i am saddly allergic to most types of earrings if they are not pure gold then i will get a infection.
and well i couldnt get a tatt because i move around way to much without even thinking about it and i dont think i could stay still long enough.
plus if i did get one it would probably be on my boob that way when i get old and they start to sag it will turn into something else a dove when young a vulture when old..

The hardest part was the money.
=|

I did LOTS of research into tattoo artists, talked to a couple, looked at lots of work, and finally decided on the chick that I wanted to do the tattoo for me. I had total confidence in her and I loved her previous work.
The pain... it wasn't bad at all. Sort of a twinge at first and then I got used to it. I fell asleep while she was tattooing my back. The only time it started to hurt again was after the three hour mark when my skin started to get unhappy with being poked so much but even that was more like the feeling of scraping your knee when you fall or something.

Oh, wait. Also the ITCHING. While it healed, it ITCHED LIKE A MOFO.

I have two tatts so far, one on my chest that is two dolphins melded together at the tail to form a heart with the words: R.I.P Val and then her birthdate and deathdate (I can't read either without my glasses which are ruined) and on my wrist is the Japanese kana for love, which is legit because my wife took Japanese for 5 years.

I thought about getting 'alea iacta est' in small font on my collarbone or something, but that want faded away, as all things born of idle thinking do.

not a huge fan of tattoos. wouldn't know what one to get and i don't like permanency. don't have any piercings, but i like women who do.