Task Force Osprey - Python Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
John was about to reply to the man speaking in the foreign language but Python 4-2 beat him to it. The looming black Huey above him froze him in place and he silenced priest as he talked "No, the whole place is lined with god knows what and you see that little thing over there looming over us, I doubt that would be a further sign saying fuck off. See that building over there?" he said pointing at the building the sniper was supposed to be hiding in "Well that's where we are going, and we are running. Don't look back, don't look to the side just like a horse look to your front and keep fucking running." he said as he peeked at the corner of the wall to see where the Huey was, he saw it but he couldn't clearly make it's position as he heard the sniper speak he switched to the backup channel "Jager this is Witch Doctor we are continuing to your position ASAP, provide cover as soon as possible. over." he said and then looked to the sky trying to see if he could see any of their helicopters "Python 4-2, this is Witch Doctor we are proceeding to rendezvous with Jager... you should be able to spot our blips when we move provide cover if you can if not let us know because we are legging it. Over." he said and then turned to Priest "Prepare to run..." he checked his clip and took a deep breath then quickly he exhaled "3...2...1... GO!" he gestured and spoke as he then ran out of cover and began running towards the building. He dashed through the alleyway like a bullet, well as much as he could ran thanks to his gear but it was fast never the less. As he dashed through the now open space of the street to the building where Jager was, the door seemed to be closed and he did not know if it was locked or not, he decided to slam himself into it and hope for the best and as he did the door fell of it's hinges and completely fell to the floor John falling with it, he quickly rose to his feet and looked around the house seemed quiet and he began climbing up the stairs making sure it was clear before spotting Jager on the second floor "Friendly, friendly." he lowered his weapon immediately then turned back to look at the door and cover it for enemies "I'm Witch Doctor, Priest should have been right behind me so be prepared to provide cover for him if necessary" he said as he aimed his gun to the door.
"Python 4-2, to bogey, lower your weapond and fly off, we will engage if you continue participation in a federal mission!" The co-pilot looked down, noticing the two man Charlie team, "Charlie Team, keep safe, we could have a problem. Two Little Birds are inbound to provide cover."

Ratchet nodded, and gave Kick a thumbs up, occasionally aiming his M4A4 and firing at the machine gunner. "got a grenade?" He asked Kick, knowing he should have brought some himself. A frag or a sticky would get rid of them a smoke or flashbang would disable them enough to kill. A Willy Pete could do the work of a smoke bomb, he guessed.

Kick started wrapping the wound. "Ya I got a frag." He took the grenade from his belt, pulled the pin and threw it around the wall. As he threw it, one the soldiers ran right in front of him. The grenade was knocked from his hand. The handle flew off and it was primed. It fell to the ground a few feet from Kick and Ratchet. "Fuck!" Kick rushed the soldier and pushed him against the wall. He mad sure to stay close to the enemy so that the machine gunner didn't open fire, for risk of hitting his own teammate.

As the Huey started moving towards the combat zone, the PMC radio voice spoke again. [BCOLOR=#333333]"This military operation encroaches on our assignment. By order of the President of the Russian Federation, we have been assigned to track, surround, and eliminate one Mohammad Askali, a known warlord of this region."[/BCOLOR] Jackson notices the gunner raise and aim the side-mounted M240L, and turns to the gunner, and barks an order in a harsh tone. "Gun down! Lower the fuckin' 240!" The radio switched to a distinctly French accent. [BCOLOR=#333333]"Ce était notre travail. You have still not told us yours. Identify, or we will have to engage. Les ordres permanents."[/BCOLOR] Jackson overheard Witch Doctor's transmission through the backup comm channel. The other pilot gave an uncertain reply. [BCOLOR=#333333]"Copy all, Witch Doc. Will provide limited support from our position, but it is likely that we cannot move from our current location. Situation with PMC bogey is ongoing."[/BCOLOR] With the cue, the helicopter gunner switched sides to support Charlie Team to Jager's setup in the mosque.

=====

Raptor 3-3 continued to approach the combat area. [BCOLOR=#333333]"Raptor 3-3 to Task Force Osprey, we still cannot confirm visual on friendly units. Mark targets with..."[/BCOLOR] The pilot stopped speaking and listened to the banter over the radio, looked over, and noticed the black UH-1 moving towards the city. [BCOLOR=#333333]"Fuck. Spartan 0-1, you've got an airborne bogey inbound to this area, transport with several personnel likely armed."[/BCOLOR] Raptor is met with silence. [BCOLOR=#333333]"Spartan 0-1, this is Raptor 3-3. Bogey is inbound with multiple personnel, please respond, over."[/BCOLOR]

Jeffs response was unlikely, as he woke up as if he had shell shock. He saw his team getting pelted, his entire body covered in cement pebbles from the machine gun. His eyes opened and closed, but he was weaponless except for his M9, the HK too far for him to notice. He couldn't hear the radio traffic, and slowly began walking up. He took out a canister of White Phosporous and threw it over to the machine gunner. It would burn, blind, or atleast conceal Bravo team, but he didn't even say a word to Kick or Ratchet. He stood behind the wall, watching them so.... peacefully. He couldn't do much with the constant pain from the drop, everything was blurry and silent.

"S-Spartan... 0-1 to Bogey.... I am a U-United States airbahrn..." He groaned, mixing up words as his audio came back but not aswell as his vision "Infantry! M-My mission is to C-Capture Aska..Askali for questioning! Y-You will be breaching upon a m-military operation in which y-you will be treated as enemy targets, a-and will be sho..t upon sight!" It was a warning, but badly placed as his vision wasn't getting better. He looked at Ratchet and Kick "G-Go find Askali! I will r-radio the LT and get trucks-s-s here! I'll k-keep them at bay!"

Ratchet noticed Spartan moving, then the grenade. Thinking quickly, he took his M4A4 and hooked the grenade in it, then slid the gun and the grenade as far toward the gunner as he could before it exploded. Grabbing his Glock, he needed himself so he lay flat, just enough out of cover to shoot at the enemies, besides the one kick was wrangling with, as a Willy Pete exploded, making even more mayhem. A few grunts told Ratchet he'd hit someone, or two, but with the phosphorous smoke, he couldn't tell who. He dragged himself back to cover, and took of where kick had started patching him up, keeping an eye on Kick.

Kick shufted his weight against the somali. He twisted his body and pulled the militant to the ground, next to Ratchet. He was struggling to hold him down. "Shoot him!"

Jeff was too preoccupied with his vision to fire. He raised the Berreta down, firing three rounds down onto the ground where the Machine gunner was. He couldn't risk shooting Kick as he groaned in pain around his neck "I can't see so well!"

John was about to reply to the man speaking in the foreign language but Python 4-2 beat him to it. The looming black Huey above him froze him in place and he silenced priest as he talked "No, the whole place is lined with god knows what and you see that little thing over there looming over us, I doubt that would be a further sign saying fuck off. See that building over there?" he said pointing at the building the sniper was supposed to be hiding in "Well that's where we are going, and we are running. Don't look back, don't look to the side just like a horse look to your front and keep fucking running." he said as he peeked at the corner of the wall to see where the Huey was, he saw it but he couldn't clearly make it's position as he heard the sniper speak he switched to the backup channel "Jager this is Witch Doctor we are continuing to your position ASAP, provide cover as soon as possible. over." he said and then looked to the sky trying to see if he could see any of their helicopters "Python 4-2, this is Witch Doctor we are proceeding to rendezvous with Jager... you should be able to spot our blips when we move provide cover if you can if not let us know because we are legging it. Over." he said and then turned to Priest "Prepare to run..." he checked his clip and took a deep breath then quickly he exhaled "3...2...1... GO!" he gestured and spoke as he then ran out of cover and began running towards the building. He dashed through the alleyway like a bullet, well as much as he could ran thanks to his gear but it was fast never the less. As he dashed through the now open space of the street to the building where Jager was, the door seemed to be closed and he did not know if it was locked or not, he decided to slam himself into it and hope for the best and as he did the door fell of it's hinges and completely fell to the floor John falling with it, he quickly rose to his feet and looked around the house seemed quiet and he began climbing up the stairs making sure it was clear before spotting Jager on the second floor "Friendly, friendly." he lowered his weapon immediately then turned back to look at the door and cover it for enemies "I'm Witch Doctor, Priest should have been right behind me so be prepared to provide cover for him if necessary" he said as he aimed his gun to the door.
Marcus kept in pace with Witch, but had second thoughts watching him dash across open ground with the danger of enemy IEDs. He crouched low, steadily following behind Doc, checking their flanks. As they progressed, subtle peeks under cars and around corners from the edge of his eyes revealed multiple IEDs. The area was set up for perimeter defense from what it seemed; car bombs seemed guerrilla style in combat. The loud bash of a door brought his attention back to Witch; looking cross at his actions, effective as they were brash. There was no chance of him knowing if that was safe. The proper idea would have been to stack-up and clear the inside, check their corners and be certain.

Instead of going straight through, Priest scanned the side of the tower to notice open notches and windows with broken glass. The height was just barely out of his reach with the need of a swift boost. He slung his rifle to his waist and took two steps back, then rushed the barrier. He kicked off on his forward foot as he touched stone, his left arm striking up to grab a nook, then pulling his weight up and thrusting his right hand to clutch the edge of an upper window. Both hands maneuvered to grab a centered window, both feet holding against the tower exterior. Priest then channeled his upper body strength and pulled himself to the final leap, getting over the edge just beside Jaeger.

He gave them a wink, and a short chuckle, "I took the easy route." Just a second after, a noise came from the stairs and made Marcus draw his sidearm. His trigger finger prepared to pull, but eased slowly as his eyes met Witch's face again.

Ratchet lifted his Glock, and shot the militant, aimed at the ground, in the head. "done. now, shall we move on? Askali won't wait for us."

Ratchet lifted his Glock, and shot the militant, aimed at the ground, in the head. "done. now, shall we move on? Askali won't wait for us."
// :L Noh, you move and run, go save Askali. I make dings mur dramatic while on ground.

Some of the soldiers blood got on Kicks face, making him look like a barbaric enemy. He quickly retrieved his dropped XDM and checked the ammo. Still plenty. He looked at Ratchet. "You're wounded. Stay with spartan. I'm gonna go take care of that son of a fuck gunner." The smoke provided excellent cover. If he was quiet, Kick could sneak up on enemy. Kick was scared. Anyone in this situation should be.

"I'm fine." Ratchet said as he stood with effort and a lot of grunting. But soon he was standing, all patched up, and determined. "see? I wanna get this guy. no fair that you get all the glory. Let the mechanic have a bit too."

Jeff looked at the two, and yelled "Get yer asses moving, I'll keep the gunner at bay!" His pain had begun to subside, but his vision hadn't increased. He could have hurt his neck on the fall and possibly losing some vision. Jeff looked down, the machine gun pelting the wall as he yelled out in despair. He turned and fired three bullets, looking back as he breathed deeply, nodding to the others "Move!"

Kick wanted to protest against Ratchet going with him. Ratchet was wounded and it would only slow him down. But he would need the help. Kick moved out from his cover and fird several shots. He supressed the enemy until he made it to Spartan. It was likely h had a concussion and couldn't see very well, nor walk. "We're going to get you outta here!" No man left behind he thought.

Ratchet was crouching behind the wall, firing into the smoke, hoping he hit something. "the gun is probably set up on a bipod or tripod. If I can hit one of the legs, the gun will fall." He whispered to himself. taking an MRE from his pack, he threw it at the legs, hoping to topple it.

"Alpha, Eagle."

"Alpha, engage the MG now!"

Through the debris, smoke and noise of distant firefighting a powerful rain of fire was released from the mouth of the GPMG circling overhead. The technical below with its lack of armour or protection was easily targeted, and after a fifty round burst of 7.62mm rounds, decimated. A skeleton of the truck remained; beaten and battered the gunner that had manned the heavy weapon lay on the ground with his face to the sky, dead.

"Eagle, target down."

Charles didn't have time to respond. Despite what may have happened outside the walls of the concrete home his team had taken shelter in there was a more pertinent threat that needed to be dealt with at the moment. Five men had made their way into the homes bottom floor through the hole the machine gunner had made for them. Through the dust of the shattered concrete they'd entered one at a time doing their best to mimic professional soldiers in checking the corners. Charles weighed his options. The floor of the building was cement as well, likely reinforced with something to prevent a collapse of the upper level. His options were limited so he acted.

"Frag out!"

Lobbing the grenade against the wall of the stairs that led to the bottom floor he watched as the spoon and grenade separated and disappeared from sight. Covering his ears he waited for the telltale boom; when it came the whole building shook. Dust filled every expanse of the base floor of the home and cast a thick wall that disguised any movement further than a few feet away. The floor had held and no shrapnel had perforated the hard concrete as Charles had expected. Nonetheless the shock of the grenade was enough to cause his focus to relapse into pure instincts. In seconds he recovered and called out to his team.

"Any injuries?"

No response. Charles cursed. They may have not heard him, or already been killed by the heavy bursts thrown at the building. The threat of the five man patrol was still a distinct possibility though and Charles knew he had to secure the room before he could attend to any potential wounds, the teams or his.

Cautiously he approached the stairs, crouching and peeking down and around to peer onto the bottom floor. The dust had settled some but left far too much to the imagination for Charles liking. Below he could see three people, two likely dead as they weren't entirely there, the third potentially gravely injured. He didn't know where the others were despite a thorough search. Making his way down the stairs Charles came to the realization that they were in fact dead; however, he'd never be able to find all of them.

"Alpha, Eagle."

"Alpha, go."

"Eagle, marketplace around the home is safe, move now, over."

"Alpha."

Running fervently back upstairs Charles found his team them shaken up, but alive. "Alright boys, we're moving to meet up with Bravo and Charlie. Check yourselves over. I'll try not to get us killed anymore."

Kick had to think fast. He took stock of the situation. Two wounded one critically, pinned, no reinforcements close enough and their priority objective was no doubt long gone. He took Spartans radio. It was highly out of regulation for him to do this but he thought it best he did. "Bravo to all squads. I need backup. Shit's gone sideways. Raptor 3-3 I need extraction on the roof of the hotel. Multiple wounded. Do you copy?" He took one of Spartans white phosphorous grenades. He pulled the pin and rolled it down the hall. He hoped it would give Bravo enough time to make it up the stairs.

Almost immediately did Jeff push himself off of Kick, his M9 pointed directly down the hallway as he stumbled along "Call the lieutenant... Get the trucks in... I'm going for Askali!"

Status
Not open for further replies.