Task Force Osprey - Python Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratchet hopped out, slapping the truck to tell Kick to come out. "Come on, Kick. let's to make FREEDOM Squeal."

Pressing his back into the cold, hard concrete of the nearby wall, Viper clenched tightly on the grip of his rifle. The cover was getting weaker by the second. Chunks of stone bounced from the wall and began to land all around the floor nearby to the team.

"Fucking 7.62's!" Viper cursed. He listened out for Charles in the other room.

"Alpha, we're pinned down can't get a positive grid on contacts. Over." he heard his teamlead call.

"Use the GPS! It's what it's there for!" he hollered, raising his head slightly.

"Spartan 0-1, mark your area with Willys Pete, Little Birds are inbound!" Jeff stood up, walking into the hotel as he raised his hand in a closed fist. They would hold in the back entrance, a direct view of the front when Freedom arrived.

Kick kept close behind the both of them. He took his white phosphorous grenade from his breast pocket and prepared to pull the pin.

At the center of the room on the third floor, Askali and his senior staff grew suspicious of the gunfire and helicopters. His second-in-command ordered the 10 bodyguards in the room to head downstairs and figure out if there was any commotion. They obliged, left the room, and started moving down the staircase, one of them struggling with a bulky PK machine gun.

=====

Over where Alpha Team was pinned down, the militia that were engaging them have not left, but were still suspicious. The gunner on the technical loaded a fresh belt of ammo into the heavy machine gun, and fired into the building that Alpha had ducked into, knocking a watermelon-sized hole in the wall. The truck's driver then orders the 5 other men to go inside and investigate to see if he had actually hit anyone.

=====

Back at base, the promised AH-6 Little Bird is just about to leave to provide support to TFO. The pilots do a quick pre-flight check, checking controls, arming the guns and rockets, before hitting the throttle. Rotors spin up, lifting the nimble little helicopters off the ground. The pilots turn on their comms and announce themselves to the Task Force squad as they nose the helo in the city's direction. [BCOLOR=#333333]"Task Force Osprey, this is Raptor 3-3, in the air ready to provide close air support. Mark ground targets with smoke immediately, we can not risk shooting blind, over."[/BCOLOR]

The commanders are not happy with how badly this is going for the 11-man-and-one-woman team. Lieutenant Morrison, who was to send Humvees after Freedom had been captured, was instead ordered to send the convoy now. [BCOLOR=#333333]"Spartan, this is Lt. Morrison. I'm sending 5 Humvees out to extract you now, whether or not Askali is in custody. We can't risk losing your team over one person. Last time we tried this, 18 men were sent home in caskets, almost 80 more in bandages and casts."[/BCOLOR] He set the transmitter down and shook his head as his Humvee--third in the convoy--bounced along the dirt road towards the city.

Jeff couldn't stop to stiffle a curse, letting the guards know of his position but he quickly began to mow them down, taking off the suppressor "Negative, sir! Situation is under control, my men can handle it! Proceeding to detain Askali!" The HK's bullets landing into the guards were gruesome, the sound of "Grk, thrk" of each bullet lodging into there nimble bodies. He reloaded his weapon, still he did not spot the man with the PK "Alpha Team, pop smoke to mark there location goddamn it, friendly birds coming to assist! Bravo Team, MOVE, MOVE! Freedom is on the second floor!" He ran, still unknowing of the PK guard as he ran uo the flight of stairs.

Kick pulled the pin and dropped his phorphorous, marking their location for the birds. Again, he kept close behind Spartan and Ratchet. Anything that moved on their six was met with a lead handshake. His blood really started rushing.

Ratchet quickly followed spartan, taking out any Somali forces he saw. "Is there an elevator?" He asked Spartan, looking around for one. "'cause if he's going to leave, an elevator would be the quickest way up. If he's using one, I'm sure I can disable it, leave them..." He smiled. "... Hanging."

Kick couldn't help but exhale faster at Ratchets pun. "You're gonna get us killed if you making me laugh!"

Just as Spartan rounds the corner, three more guards are seen rushing down the halls. The one with the bulky PK machine gun shouts a command to the other two, who throw themselves into another doorway, before he squeezed the trigger and let rounds fly at Bravo team. Each blast was amplified by the tight confines of the hotel's hallway as the 7.62mm rounds spat out of the weapon's barrel, with the sound having nowhere else to go but bounce around inside. Ultimately, somebody on the other end of the machine gun was going to get hurt in the narrow choke-point, as the bullets flew everywhere in that direction.

Outside, several civilians were panicked and were trying to rush out of the street. A savvy man in his mid-50s noticed smoke starting to billow out from a canister in front of the hotel, and saw a smaller helicopter making its way towards the area. He picks up the smoke grenade and hurls it inside the hotel door, hoping it would be enough to distract the helo long enough for the panicking population to get the hell out of there.

=====

Up in the sky, Python 4-2 was moving over to where Charlie Team was camped out, intent on picking them up to link the team with the rest of the squad, which was in massive turmoil. [BCOLOR=#333333]"Python 4-2 to Witch Doctor, we are en-route to your location to exfil your guys out of there and link up with Alpha and Bravo 'cuz they're in some pretty deep shit right now. Recommend you move to a clearing so we can get--"[/BCOLOR] Their transmission is cut short by static and another voice in their radio. [BCOLOR=#333333]"То неведомая сила, вы вступать в бой рядом с нашей области деятельности. Назовите себя и свои намерения немедленно. Unknown force, you are engaging in combat within our area of operations. Identify yourself and your intentions immediately."[/BCOLOR] The unidentified voice spoke with a very noticeable Ukrainian accent, putting a threatening tone to his words. From behind the walls of the stadium, a black-painted UH-1 "Huey" rose into the air, the transport compartment visibly occupied by several soldiers wearing non-standard uniforms of various shades of tan and brown.

Reactions: dalecOoOoOoOoOper
Bowyer had been camped out on the roof of his building for a few minutes now, listening to the distant blunt sonuds of gunfire coming from across the city, knowing it was the sounds of his fellow men caught up in an op gone bad. He shook his head and spat off the parapet of the roof while still below the low wall, not wanting to attract the attentions of any snipers. Radio silence with Charlie was maintained and he feared the worst for the team, unwilling to move because of the suspicion of IEDs in their insertion point. His radio crackled to life again in his ear, with Python 4-2's voice coming over the end before being cut short with a voice that was distinctly Eastern European. He knew it was either Ukrainian or Russian before the same speaker on the end switched to accented English.

He wasn't exactly on board with revealing the intentions of their black operation to civilian contractors but he never expected to see movement from behind the walls of the stadium. He immediately rose when he saw the helicopter, keeping low and retreating back into the building, praying that he wasn't spotted. He switched his radio's microphone on and spoke, "This is Bowyer to all teams, serious movement by civilian contractors in the stadium has been observed. Expect a black Huey to be occupying our airspace with an indeterminate number of contractors possibly putting boots on the ground."

Bowyer quickly swept through the dusty and empty room of the building he occupied, snatching the MRE off of the windowsill lest the contractors search the building and find a US military issued food item. Putting the garbage back into his dump pouch, he quickly exited the building scanning rooftops as he made his way through the quiet streets, the only noise being the broken staccato of distant gunfire. He knew that if the contractors knew what frequency to broadcast on, his team's commsec was obviously compromised.

"This is Bowyer to all, recommend changing broadcast to backup frequency, Commsec is compromised, I say again, commsec is compromised, over." He spoke into his mic, changing the frequency to the backup channel.

He made his way to a building with a decent view of the street, a second-floor and a makeshift plywood bridge to the roof on its left, should he need to bug-out quickly.

Ratchet chuckled, and due to this was caught off guard by the machine gun. He took a shot or two to his gut before he had the sense to dive out of the line of fire. (man, that armor he picked won't do much help, now, huh? I suppose the extra first aid kits were worth it, though. By the way, I did it because I thought we weren't perfect. Somebody is going to get hurt.)

As John sat in the black hawk he heard the helicopter say "Ropes, ropes, ropes." he dropped his rope and attached himself to it he jumped out of the helicopter and began to rappel down to the ground, as his feet hit the ground he detached and assumed a covering position to monitor any activity but it seemed quiet, at first he thought that the PMC snipers have been busy but upon further view he could see clothes, torn boots, and things all over the place "Break, Break, Break... this is Witch Doctor to command, area around the stadium may be lined with IED or traps to keep out un-welcomed guests. Advise command to reorganize our primary objective and bring in a demo team, it is unwise and wasteful for us to still move in while dodging traps. Over." he said and he clicked his voice piece, he looked around to see his squad member safely down on the ground but continued to observe around for any enemy activity, the black hawk seemed to hover still in place waiting for the final member to rappel down, he sure was taking his pretty time to get down here and John did not like that.

"Spartan 0-1 to all Fire Teams, Target is located at the Olympic hotel with important advisers. Boys, we need to get to our target quietly, we don't want to lose this oppurtunity. Bravo and Alpha will change course and make way to Charlie, Jager, provide covering fire incase of immediate threat, over."
As the voice came over the radio John shook his head "Witch Doctor to fire teams I advise you not to make way to us, traps seemed to be lined around the stadium and I am not risking any forces triggering one. I advise immediate withdrawal from this area or we are going to be torn to shreds. Over." he said and the returned behind cover.​

Priest followed closely behind Witch Doctor in back-to-back formation, covering the rear in all directions. As they moved behind cover, Marcus took to crouched movements, keeping slow and steady in his partner's path. He'd turn his gaze from time to time to keep track of Doc and monitor their tracks, either hiding them or making sure none are left behind. When Witch grabbed a location to himself, Priest took upon himself to get a better view of their destination. Just as he heard Witch finish over the radio, Priest patted his shoulder and gestured his hand towards a water tower to their far left.

"Looks like a good enough height to give me a slight visual of the streets. If I can climb it, I can probably spot out any IEDs in the AO and talk you through a clean path." He pointed out his right hand, drawing out the scene to Witch Doctor.

"From there, I can make my way across the rooftops," Priest darted his hand forward to a rundown skyscraper with an open roof area, covered only by four pillars, "I can make my way over there, and get a view just good enough to spot out any snipers along the way."

"Shit!" Kick didn't see the militants in time. He took a direct hit to the helmet. Miraculously, it stopped the bullet. But it still hurt like hell. Ratchet had dived for cover but it wasn't very good. He grabbed Ratchet by the back of his collar and dragged him to the better cover of a doorway. Kicks P90 had also taken a hit. The HD-33 sight and chamber had been struck. It was no longer useful. He unclipped the gun from his vest and threw it aside. He drew his XDM to replace it. The round that hit his helmet still left him a bit dazed.

Immediately as the bullets fired, he yelled, falling back as he heard Bowyers message. Immediately, it was too late as he fell on his ass, directly on the stairs as he tumbled down. A loud THUD was heard from Jeff as he laid down on the floor. His nose was bleeding and his eyes were closed, the HK laying next to him.

-----

[BTW, if something happens, I can now fully interact with y'all as I'm assistant GM]

"Python 4-2, to Spartan 0-1, can you read me? You've got WP inside the building, confirm you are not inside?" Unfortunately, the command chopper was unaware of Pythons commander status. "Spartan 0-1, repeat, confirm presence, Little Birds are 7 mikes."

(good for you! You deserve it!) Ratchet groaned. He took deep breaths, trying to not go into shock, although the world was spinning, and there seemed to be a lot more blackness than usual. Despite the pain, he tried moving his right arm to a pocket in his armor, the one where he stashed his first aid kits, while trying to stop the bleeding with his left. He was already mostly red from the stomach down, and his face was a constant grimace. "get Spartan." He grunted to kick, seeing Spartan fall. Switching on his radio, he puffed out, "Ratchet. *grunt* to python. *heavy breaths are heard* Spartan. *another grunt* inside. Don't!" Was all he got out before he couldn't speak much more, catching his breath from talking. And he still hadn't reached that damn first aid kit!
(btw he took an almost glancing shot on his right side, about appendix area, Makoons knows what area. And a direct hit on his left side, just below the ribcage. His left wound is bleeding quite profusely, but his right is barely a trickle.)

Kick peered out from behind the cover for a second. Chunks of drywall flew off where face had been. "I can't get to him, we're pinned!" Kick turned to Ratchet. He followed Ratchets arm to his medkits. He took one out. "I gotcha man." He opened the kit and pulled out some antiseptic and gauz tape. He put pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding. He stopped for a second to return fire, and immediately went back to treating Ratchet.

The gunner continued his fire, rounds pelting off of the wall as some even passed through it! Unfortunately, the two guards that were sent up to protect the machine gunner were now running toward there position from where they were hiding. Jeff was still laying on the floor, but from where Bravo was, they couldn't see if Jeff was alive.

-----

Python 4-2 could only make out very little speech. The choppers were inbound and much closer than before, but Ratchets words were unhearable from his heavy breathing. There was still the problem of the Huey as the choppers pilot spoke "PMC Huey, do not intervene with a military operation. Disengage and continue patrol in another area." It was just then that the Black Hawks chopper gunner raised the M240L up at the Huey.

Last edited by a moderator:
John was about to reply to the man speaking in the foreign language but Python 4-2 beat him to it. The looming black Huey above him froze him in place and he silenced priest as he talked "No, the whole place is lined with god knows what and you see that little thing over there looming over us, I doubt that would be a further sign saying fuck off. See that building over there?" he said pointing at the building the sniper was supposed to be hiding in "Well that's where we are going, and we are running. Don't look back, don't look to the side just like a horse look to your front and keep fucking running." he said as he peeked at the corner of the wall to see where the Huey was, he saw it but he couldn't clearly make it's position as he heard the sniper speak he switched to the backup channel "Jager this is Witch Doctor we are continuing to your position ASAP, provide cover as soon as possible. over." he said and then looked to the sky trying to see if he could see any of their helicopters "Python 4-2, this is Witch Doctor we are proceeding to rendezvous with Jager... you should be able to spot our blips when we move provide cover if you can if not let us know because we are legging it. Over." he said and then turned to Priest "Prepare to run..." he checked his clip and took a deep breath then quickly he exhaled "3...2...1... GO!" he gestured and spoke as he then ran out of cover and began running towards the building. He dashed through the alleyway like a bullet, well as much as he could ran thanks to his gear but it was fast never the less. As he dashed through the now open space of the street to the building where Jager was, the door seemed to be closed and he did not know if it was locked or not, he decided to slam himself into it and hope for the best and as he did the door fell of it's hinges and completely fell to the floor John falling with it, he quickly rose to his feet and looked around the house seemed quiet and he began climbing up the stairs making sure it was clear before spotting Jager on the second floor "Friendly, friendly." he lowered his weapon immediately then turned back to look at the door and cover it for enemies "I'm Witch Doctor, Priest should have been right behind me so be prepared to provide cover for him if necessary" he said as he aimed his gun to the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.