Tarot Readings

Ok so, do the questions have to be about something that's troubling me right now or something I wish? Like, "Should I date that hot chick with amnesia?" instead of "Will I ever find true love?"

OR will he answer or respond?

Reading for Big Redd. Question: Should I still become a video game music composer?

Card 1: Your current situation: TWO OF SWORDS
You are in a place of true unselfishness, full of sorrow and sympathy for those less fortunate than yourself. After suffering you have become strong and your home situation has been achieved through reconciling differences and making sacrifices. The Two of Swords is the card of 'Restored Peace', and this is the symbol of where you are right now.

Card 2: Current Influences upon you: SIX OF WANDS
The strongest influence in your life right now is the need to succeed at something. You are being asked to conquer obstacles, generate energy and become industrious. Perhaps you are too submissive and you are being encouraged to make conquests and overcome strife.

Card 3: Your current destiny if you stay where you are: SEVEN OF CUPS
This is the card of 'Illusionary Victory'. Your destiny, if you stay where you are, will be a fantasy, a false sense of victory. You will deceive yourself into thinking you are successful, but in truth you will only invite lying, drunkeness and resentment. This card also suggest violence against women and deceit in love and friendship

Card 4: Your distant past: TWO OF PENTACLES
Your childhood was a time of slow and steady change, defined by alternating gain and loss. Much of what you did was impulsive and foolish and your kindness and prudence never lasted long. You were never happy in one fixed place or one fixed emotion.

Card 5: Your recent past: SEVEN OF SWORDS
This is the card of 'Unstable Effort'. Recently you have given up on things when victory was within your grasp, or you have accepted partial half-successes. You have trusted in grand displays and yearned for compliments, but when it comes your own effort you have been lazy and accepted defeat too easily.

Card 6: An influence that will soon arrive in your life: FIVE OF SWORDS
A great defeat is coming. This card implies poverty, failure, loss of reputation, anxiety and trouble. This may be a defeat that is forced upon you, or it may be a defeat within yourself which turns you into someone resentful, devious and cruel.

Card 7: Who YOU are right now: TEN OF SWORDS
You are a force of disruption and failure, bringing ruin to all plans and projects. In your joy you only bring impertinence and interference. You talk too much and the words you speak are all unprofitable.

Card 8: What you are to OTHERS: TEMPERANCE
You are a force of reconciliation. You bring together forces and achieve a balance between them, acting in moderation and fairness at all times.

Card 9: Your secret emotions that lie hidden within you: THE FOOL
Deep inside you is great thought, sensitivity and innocence. You have a pure soul, young and often foolish, and from this soul can spring great ideas and great endeavours.

Card 10: Your destiny if you embrace what lies within: KING OF PENTACLES
If you embrace the inner fool, your destiny will be a solid and practical one. You will grow in character and intelligence and be a force of steadiness and reliability. However, this increase may be for good or for evil.

Well, not the most flattering of readings, Redd, but bear in mind that I know almost nothing about you.

I think Cards 1, 5 and 9 suit you well, as you seem to have very genuine and romantic ideals in your life. But Card 7 suggests that this is not the best way to be. Though you appear Temperant to other people, your selflessness may be destroying you on the inside. I think that's why Card 3 prophecises illusionary success if you continue the way you're going.

As for your question, a career as a composer may be the "solid and practical" destiny shown in Card 10. But bear in mind that a big defeat is coming your way. Given your recent past and your ruinous self, I would think that this defeat will be a self-inflicted one. If I had to guess, I would say that your need to be a part of other people's lives will eventually self-destruct and lead you to resentment and anger.

I think Card 7 is the important one here. The enemy is not external - it's all YOU. And your only salvation lies in Card 9 - in the same place of purity from which you have derived your loving nature.

So, long story short: YES, you should still try to become a composer, but you need to re-evaluate your reasons for doing so and make sure that desire is coming from the right place. Otherwise, you'll only destroy yourself.

Reactions: 1 person
Reading for Patty. Question: WILL I GET INTO PROPER COLLEGE?

Card 1: Your current situation: THE SUN
You are in a place of glory, wealth and satisfaction. This has fulfilled you but also made you a little arrogant.

Card 2: Current Influences upon you: THE TOWER
Great courage and ambition inspires you. You long to tear down the walls around you and try for something better. You are questioning old beliefs and seeking to burn your bridges in a quest for change.

Card 3: Your current destiny if you stay where you are: NINE OF WANDS
Tremendous wealth and power awaits you. There may be apprehension or defeat at first, but then you will recover to great health and great success. You will move with unshakeable force and defy all challenges.

Card 4: Your distant past: SIX OF PENTACLES
Your childhood was a time of material wealth and practical achievement. You had an elevated position. You were fortunate and successful, and possibly had power over others.

Card 5: Your recent past: ACE OF PENTACLES
Your recent past has involved more wealth and material succes, for both good and evil. You have attained much and worked hard to achieve your rewards.

Card 6: An influence that will soon arrive in your life: THREE OF PENTACLES
You will be inspired to create, to work, to construct things and build them ever higher. You will be influenced by material wealth and commercial prosperity. Your rank and status will increase, and you may become selfish and ruthless as a result. Your ambition will swell and you will always seek the impossible.

Card 7: Who YOU are right now: THE LOVERS
You are a passionate and impulsive person, always motivated and always inspired. You live for beauty and action, emotional in all things.

Card 8: What you are to OTHERS: DEATH
To others you are a force of transformation. You compell them to change, to begin new things. You destroy the old ways and force changes in all things.

Card 9: Your secret emotions that lie hidden within you: TEN OF SWORDS
Inside you is something ruinous and destructive. Deep down you long for war and argument - to wreck all plans and projects and delight in failure. You want to overthrow the happiness of others and corrupt all that you touch.

Card 10: Your destiny if you embrace what lies within: ACE OF SWORDS
If you embrace the Spirit of Ruin within yourself, you will become a force of threat and agitation. You will be like a sword hovering over others, strong and determined, but stirring up great trouble. The force you wield could be used for good and evil, but whatever the case it will cause great friction.

Wow... that's fucking weird.

Maybe it's because I was reading your rant post about money while I shuffled. Or maybe the cards were picking up on your own anxiety about money. But this reading is definitely all about wealth and power. Maybe you're gonna win the lottery or something...

It seems to suggest that it doesn't matter if you get into college or not - you will still have tremendous success whatever happens. But if you DO go to college, you will be bringing out a part of yourself that could cause a lot of destruction. Cards 2, 8 and 9 all point towards you having a great desire to destroy the old and create the new.

Judging from the sheer weight of cards in your favour, I would have to answer YES - you will go to college, because your desire for change and innovation is too great to be resisted. You are a Lover who moves like Death in the shadow of the Tower - I can't really argue with that.

Just be careful of how many walls you tear down in your escape. From the look of it you have a nice home and vulnerable friends - be careful they aren't destroyed by your ambition.

Reactions: 1 person
kay, so here's a question.

Will I find myself a career as a sound guy?

Thanks Asmo. ^_^
That actually makes me feel a lot better. I've been worried about getting rejected from colleges so, even if I don't get in, maybe it was the Cruise in August that was supposed to give me success. Or Vice-versa.
You totally made my day with this. X3

Reading for Vay. Question: WILL I SUCCEED IN MY SEARCH FOR MEANING OR WILL I ONLY FIND MORE PAIN?

Card 1: Your current situation: THREE OF CUPS
You are in a place of abundance and success. Your surroundings have healed you and brought you good fortune and luck. Problems have been resolved and there is kindness and gladnes around you.

Card 2: Current Influences upon you: THE SUN
You are influenced by a picture of joy, wealth and youth - perhaps a memory or an ambition, or maybe someone in your life. This influence may be an arrogant one, but it is bountiful and energetic.

Card 3: Your current destiny if you stay where you are: THE QUEEN OF SWORDS
You will gain great insight if you remain where you are. You will become perceptive, subtle and quick-thinking. You will also rise in confidence and grace. You will see the meaning behind things and act with subtlety.

Card 4: Your distant past: THE WHEEL OF FORTUNE
Your childhood was one of happiness and good fortune. There was always a greater scheme at work - a path of fate on which you were bound. You achieved what you were destined to achieve, and did well by the universe.

Card 5: Your recent past: THE HANGED MAN
You have brought suffering and sacrifice upon yourself, but it is for a worthy cause. You have suspended and forgone many things in your life, but for these sacrifices you will be rewarded in time. Though suffering, there is light ahead.

Card 6: An influence that will soon arrive in your life: EIGHT OF PENTACLES
A force of caution and prudence will come into your life. This may be an apprenticeship, a job that requires you to be careful, or a time when you need to watch every penny. Everyone will want you to be careful and to walk a thin line.

Card 7: Who YOU are right now: ACE OF SWORDS
Right now you are person who is restless and agitated. You have strength, but that strength can be threatening and ruinious, like a sword hovering over your head. You have the capacity for great good or great evil, and whatever you do causes friction in your life.

Card 8: What you are to OTHERS: THREE OF WANDS
People rely on you as a bedrock of strength and insightfulness. They see you as complete, having realised your hopes. They may even see you as noble, wealthy or powerful.

Card 9: Your secret emotions that lie hidden within you: THE EMPEROR
Inside you is a warlike spirit, seeking to conquer and expand. You have great ambition and a desire for worldly power. Yours is the heart of a conqueror.

Card 10: Your destiny if you embrace what lies within: QUEEN OF CUPS
You will become an imaginative, flirtatious and poetic soul, of infinite good nature and kindness.

Well, that's a good reading Vay. The only mention of pain seems to be in Card 5, but the suffering is a means to your final victory. From the look of the other cards you have the strength and the ambition to find eventual meaning.

Of the two destinies, the first one seems the strongest - if you stay where you are and work things out you will gain grace and insight. The second destiny in Card 10, which comes after you release your conquering spirit, is a little less moral and wise. But whatever you do, it seems you will become a good person and continue inspiring those around you.

Cards 5 and 6 suggest that your current unhappiness is only temporary - a tightrope you have to walk before you can start finding meaning in your life.

So in answer to your question, I don't think the pain will find you and over time you will conquer it completely.

YAAAAAAAY! GOOD FOR VAY AND PATTY!

I like this!

Asmo, how do you go about reading these cards? How do you interpret them?

I open a book and interpret the markings within it by moving my eyes from left to right and relaying the information to my brain.

OH MY GOSH! THAT'S SO DEEP!

o_o well that makes things clearer...... *sits back down and shuts up like the cards told him to* Everythings going to work out, apparently.

Should I focus more on these creativity-based jobs I keep getting or on sating my thirst for power and the desire to protect others?

Asmo, what spread are you using? I normally just use the 3 card spread to get a general idea of what's coming. (past, present future)

I actually have tried divining my own fate using Magic the Gathering Cards (I believe that the deck you create with your own decision, planning, and playing, reflects your own personality, which suits the entire reading your destiny thing.) and my own dreams (which are a bit random. I've dreamt of going to places I've never been to or seen before, only to find out they're real when I see them on TV or I actually go there.)

But I'm not as serious as you seem to be, so I can't say whether my own methods really work. (the dream thing though, when it comes, it comes.)

Just to piss you off, Paorou, I'm using the Hermetic Deck. :P

Have I gotten myself into more than I can handle school-wise this quarter?

Okay. Another question. This one I can totally wait on. lol

Will I keep going on my same path emotionally, or will I keep on like this?

(For this question you should read my thread in the counseling section while shuffling. ^_^)

Reading for Darkness. Question: WILL I FIND MYSELF A CAREER AS A SOUND GUY?

Card 1: Your current situation: KNIGHT OF WANDS
You are in a restless and energetic place, sometimes fierce and sometimes generous. Your surroundings are active, impetuous and departing from the old ways.

Card 2: Current Influences upon you: THE SUN
You are influenced by a picture of joy, wealth and youth - perhaps a memory or an ambition, or maybe someone in your life. This influence may be an arrogant one, but it is bountiful and energetic.

Card 3: Your current destiny if you stay where you are: SIX OF WANDS
Victory. You will triumph over strife and use your energy and industriousness to achieve great things. You may rattle a few cages and upset a lot of people, but you will be rewarded with power and riches.

Card 4: Your distant past: THE LOVERS
Your childhood was an inspiring one, full of beauty and love. You acted on impulse and always had good motivations for what you did. There was a sense of harmony and you were sure of every step you took.

Card 5: Your recent past: EIGHT OF SWORDS
Lately you have been trying to force a part of your life too hard. You have put too much pressure on that part of your life and in doing so have missed what is really important. You may have become selfish or lost affection for people, generous with the wrong things and holding back on what people really need from you.

Card 6: An influence that will soon arrive in your life: SEVEN OF CUPS
An illusionary success will happen in your life. You will think that you have acheived victory and triumphed over something. But in reality you will only be lying to yourself. Fantasy and wishful-thinking will consume you, leading to drunkeness, violence and deception in love and friendship. You will be convinced that you are a good person, even as you abuse and hurt others.

Card 7: Who YOU are right now: THREE OF PENTACLES
Right now you are a builder, a creator. You are constructing things and making plans, all as a means to increasing your material possessions. You are selfish and opportunistic, seeking the impossible and fully prepared to tread on other people to get there.

Card 8: What you are to OTHERS: THREE OF WANDS
People rely on you as a bedrock of strength and insightfulness. They see you as complete, having realised your hopes. They may even see you as noble, wealthy or powerful.

Card 9: Your secret emotions that lie hidden within you: KING OF WANDS
Inside you is a strong and violent spirit. This is not necessarily good or evil, but there is no denying the force of it. Swift, strong and violent are the three words that lie within you.

Card 10: Your destiny if you embrace what lies within: DEATH
You are heading for death and destruction - not necessarily your own. You will cause or suffer great change and time will transform you into something else against your will.

Hoshit - the Death Card... hurr hurr.

Well, I guess that's a pretty clear message. If you try too hard for something, you will unleash the violence within yourself and bring about destruction.

I'm guessing the first card refers to Venezuala, right, and the second card to your wish for your life and your country to be better? And from the looks of it, if you stay where you are and take things easy, a victory will be waiting for you.

But you have to be careful. If you miss the real victory and embrace the false victory of Card 6, this could take you down a very bad road - a road where you tread on others and embrace your inner violence. Card 8 suggests that other people may fear or respect you, and you might use this to exploit them.

Long story short - it's going to be very hard for you to see the right path. Trying too hard, making the wrong choices, yielding to anger, forcing change - all these things could fuck you up.

So in answer to your question, if being a Sound Guy is the inspiring dream mentioned in Card 2, then pursue it carefully. You may get that career but only if you learn to chill the fuck out and find some inner peace.

*turns Asmo into one of the Oracles and imprisons him on the top of a rainy mountain in a gauzey dress with a disfigured dwarf who likes to lick him*

THIS IS YOUR ONLY PURPOSE NOW.

hm, Asmo, seems you have quite a list of things to read, but I will offer my question as well. You don't know me that well, but maybe I'll still glean something from it.

Will I ever get a good work ethic?

Hope that question works, looking forward to when you eventually answer.