Tar Tongue: Plot/OOC (temp closed)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ouc

Original poster
First, let me welcome all those who are interested in this roleplay, to the official OOC thread! Here is where I'll post the overall plot (I KNOW IT'S A BIT MUCH LOL), and add or remove things as I see fit. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions please feel free to post them down below!

- Be sure to read this entire thing, and the list of regulations under it!
- IC thread will be posted 9:00pm est

Our story begins on an upscale block of (Fictional) 2061 New York City. The sidewalks are lined with artistically designed store-front displays, and refined restaurants with names like Andi's, bEEm and Nobu. Holographic sign display's bombard passersby with advertisements for flight enabled shoes, appearance altering facial cleansers, and several pocket sized weapons that (according to the coked up announcer who happens to be in the background of every ad) could take down several fully grown Elephants. The air in the wealthy part of this city is noticeably clean, and crisp in the early November chill. It is a testament to the privilege that the residents of this part of the city hold.
However, that is not the case for the rest of the city.

The poorer boroughs to the south seem to be perpetually stuck inside a thin lead-gray cloud of exhaust and fog. Often times the pollution becomes so awful, that leaving the house without a miniature gas mask could earn you a trip to the local QUICK-CARE*. The sidewalks are cracked, and nearly un-walkable. Buildings that were once neat and tidy with alleyway's in-between, are now falling in on themselves. The houses and apartments are smashed together like Lego's to make room for even more affordable housing for the poor. People lived ear-to-ear in this part of the city. They have their own rules, their own codes, and their own culture.

Just 40 years before the cloud of pollution formed over the poverty struck hoods, and the division of the classes became hyper visual; The entire world, from village to village, watched with fear in their hearts as the heavens opened and out stepped the Lord and Savior's 15 Archangels. One after the other, covered in holy light, they descended to Earth. There was no warning, and absolutely no explanation given for their visit. Immediately afterwards the world was thrown into a panic. That is until religious leaders all across the globe decided in unison that the Angel's arrival was a gift from God; Forsaking it, and fearing it would only anger the King of the heavens.

With that, the world settled on acceptance, in place of fear.

Forty years had passed since the Angel's abrupt arrival on November 13th 2021 (now recognized as *Golden Day), and the Angel's now lived relatively average lives. Some had even gone off and mated with human women, producing half human spawn. The original 15 continue to walk the earth, though no one, not even those who had been alive on Golden Day, had any memory of what the Archangel's actually looked like. They were lost amongst the Earth's ever increasing population.

November 13th 2061 is fast approaching. Like all major holiday's, preparations are being made for large celebrations to take place world wide, with the hopes of at least one of the original 15 showing their face to the masses for the first time. However, this time around there is something darker in the air. As people hang golden crosses in their windows, and shower their lawns with blessed water, A deep hum begins to radiate from the earths core. A continuous, vibrating note that only the smallest of insects could have picked up. It seemed the world below had its own plans for celebrating Golden Day, and they did not sound Holy in the least.

Now, back to where we started. In a shining northern neighborhood of New York City, atop the tallest skyscraper known to man, there is a lounge called Tar Tongue. Filled with incense smoke, soft jazz, and the quiet murmuring of conversation. Men, and women of varying races mingle and dine in luxury high above the city. Without a care in the world, they flit from conversation to conversation, and share stories of their travels. This lounge as you may have already guessed, is the epicenter of all Angel activity. Cleverly hidden behind the guise of exclusivity, some of the spawn of the original 15, and even a few of the original's themselves gather here often to discuss the goings-on of the human race, and their *travels through time. Only a small number of humans know of the lounge in the clouds, and those who do are sworn to secrecy and are kept under constant surveillance. Not one human has ever stumbled on the lounge by accident, or on purpose. You are either summoned, or you are not. If you are summoned, consider yourself very unlucky. Angel's tend to get bored with their lives on Earth, and so they capture unsuspecting Human's and put them through seven torturous trails. All of which are physically, and mentally exhausting.

This is where we begin.

* QUICK-CARE is like a hospital, but smaller, and less expensive without insurance. Mainly used by the poor and elderly.

* Golden Day: The Holiday that falls on Nov. 14 every year. It celebrates the arrival of the original 15 Archangels from the Heavens. Usually people take to their churches, and listen to the story of the Angel's be retold. Then dinners and parties of all kinds are held in the Angels honor with the hopes that they might attend. (they never do.)

*Travels Through Time: Angels and Half Angels alike all share the ability to move back and forth through time. This power is usually used to create records of major events, and other things of importance. However, the Angels sometimes take advantage of the power to take vacations in different era's. Angels also have the power of flight, the power to control a mortal's thoughts and/or erase their memory, and the power to heal. Angels are weak however, to the touch of a demon. They are also not able to touch platinum without their flesh burning.

:::::::::::
  • Yes you can play one of the original 15 Archangel's if they are not already in use by someone else.
  • Here is a list of all of the Archangel's known as of right now.
  • If you're going to play as an Archangel please let me know the name of said Angel before you post as them.
  • I will keep a list of Angel's that are taken.
  • Yes this role-play will have demons in it.
  • Yes you can play as a demon.
  • No, profile skeletons and photos are not needed.
  • Romance is allowed.
  • Yes Angel's can have special powers.
  • DO NOT OP (over power) YOUR CHARACTER.
  • Please be kind, and courteous to one another!

Angel's In Use:
  1. Azrael (Played by ouc):
    The much feared Angel of death in both Islamic and Hebrew lore, Azrael's name means "whom God helps."
  2. Michael (Played by Aleksei)
    Meaning - "Who is like God", "Like unto God", "Who is like the Divine"
    The first Angel created by God, Michael is the leader of all the Archangels and is in charge of protection, courage, strength, truth and integrity.
  3. Gabriel: (Played by Dannys)
Meaning - "Strength of God"; "The Divine is my strength"; "God is my strength"
The only Archangel depicted as female in art and literature, Gabriel is known as the "messenger" Angel and is one of the four Archangels named in Hebrew tradition and is considered one of the two highest-ranking Angels in Judeo-Christian and Islamic religious lore. (Being played as a MALE!)

4. Jophiel (Played by ouc)
Meaning - "Beauty of God"

Jophiel was the Angel present in the Garden of Eden and later watched over Noah's sons. The Archangel of art and beauty, he is the patron of artists, helping with artistic projects, thinking beautiful thoughts, to see and appreciate beauty around us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh, this is very interesting. Can I reserve Michael?

Oooh, this is very interesting. Can I reserve Michael?
That's fine by me! I'll put your name next to Michael's up above. Stay tuned for the IC Thread which will be posted later tonight.

Would it be possible to play Gabriel as a male?
I definitely play males better. c:
If not, I can play Gabriel as a female. ^^

I've never done a Jump-In RP before, so I'm not completely sure how this goes, but I'd like to play a demon :I Asmodeus, specifically. The demon of gambling, lust, sensuality, that sorta thing...

Here's an exert from one site:

ASMODEUS/ASMODAY aka SYDONAY
  • Zodiac Position: 5-9 degrees of Virgo
  • August 28th- September 1st
  • Tarot Card: 8 of Pentacles
  • Candle color: Black or Blue*
  • Plant: Mint
  • Animal: Whale*
  • Planet: Neptune*
  • Metal: Copper when it turns Blue*
  • Element: Water*
  • Asmodeus is Chief Astrologer of Hell and Oversees the Gambling Houses in Hell. He is a very busy Demon.*
  • Asmodeus is a Day Demon, he is among the legions of AMAYON and rules 72 legions of spirits
  • Asmodeus carries the title "King of the Demons"
He teaches the arts of astronomy, arithmetic, geomancy and craftmanship. Asmodeus answers all questions and he discovers and guards treasures. He governs the many realms of pleasure.
He gives the ability to read others thoughts, confers invisibility, and breaks up marriages/relationships. Asmodeus has a human Mother and his Father is a God. He has jet black hair with a braid down the back, He is olive skinned and extremely courteous and a gentleman. He is soft spoken with a smooth voice. Asmodeus is a very pleasant Demon. Asmodeus was of the order of Seraphim

Would it be possible to play Gabriel as a male?
I definitely play males better. c:

If not, I can play Gabriel as a female. ^^
That's perfectly alright with me. I'll make a note of it up above~

I've never done a Jump-In RP before, so I'm not completely sure how this goes, but I'd like to play a demon :I Asmodeus, specifically. The demon of gambling, lust, sensuality, that sorta thing...
Here's an exert from one site:
ASMODEUS/ASMODAY aka SYDONAY
  • Zodiac Position: 5-9 degrees of Virgo
  • August 28th- September 1st
  • Tarot Card: 8 of Pentacles
  • Candle color: Black or Blue*
  • Plant: Mint
  • Animal: Whale*
  • Planet: Neptune*
  • Metal: Copper when it turns Blue*
  • Element: Water*
  • Asmodeus is Chief Astrologer of Hell and Oversees the Gambling Houses in Hell. He is a very busy Demon.*
  • Asmodeus is a Day Demon, he is among the legions of AMAYON and rules 72 legions of spirits
  • Asmodeus carries the title "King of the Demons"
He teaches the arts of astronomy, arithmetic, geomancy and craftmanship. Asmodeus answers all questions and he discovers and guards treasures. He governs the many realms of pleasure.
He gives the ability to read others thoughts, confers invisibility, and breaks up marriages/relationships. Asmodeus has a human Mother and his Father is a God. He has jet black hair with a braid down the back, He is olive skinned and extremely courteous and a gentleman. He is soft spoken with a smooth voice. Asmodeus is a very pleasant Demon. Asmodeus was of the order of Seraphim
Our first demon, haha. Don't worry, you're in. You may post whenever you're ready!

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
My, does this tickle my fancy! I would love to join in.

Is it alright if I play an angel/human hybrid? Seems like we could use one of those.

Fantastic! I'll get to posting then. Would you like a character sheet?

Oh, goody! I shall jump right in then. :)

Is there anyone my demon can interact with, yet? :I or something for him to do, I dunno. I suppose I'll just sit back and watch, for now, if need be.

Is there anyone my demon can interact with, yet? :I or something for him to do, I dunno. I suppose I'll just sit back and watch, for now, if need be.
If you want I could have Jophiel interact with him on my next post. c:

I can have Michael go meet him if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.