Tanzinite+taekonaut 1x1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting, Jason sighs. "Well, the best way to put it is that it's like a recurring nightmare. I have similar kinds of things happen all the time. It get's old fast, but really, what can i do? So i get this dark figure in my dreams. Usually he's warning me about something important. Sometimes it's really hard to tell what exactly. All i know is that he gives me the creeps and he controls me...or at least he tries to . I think he does want control of me, i just don't know why. But, if I'm honest, he's saved me a few times. He said the res building is haunted. I believe him." He leaves out the sometimes sexual nature of the dreams. No one needs to know how strange he is.

Leaning back and sipping his tea, Jason is thankful to be doing something other than cowering in his usual horror. "This is great, by the way, I've never really let someone see me like that. But I guess in this case i really don't have choice."

“Y’know, dreams are like your subconscious trying to tell you shit.” He tries to remember what he read on Wikipedia in the ninth grade. “Worries you have during the day all get smushed into dreams and your brain tries to work it out while you’re asleep so your Awake Brain doesn’t have to. Neo-cortex or something.” He chews on the end of his stir stick, flattening it down, and then sort of shrugs. “What do I know, right? There are dream dictionaries online that’ll tell you what stuff symbolizes, though, why don’t you try one of those? Get to the bottom of what your brain’s trying to say and maybe the dream will stop coming around.”

Pankaj can’t say he emphasizes, his dreams mostly coming in the form of multiple vignettes that never last more than fifteen seconds each, and while they’re vivid he never exactly remembers them. Or, at least not all of them.

“You’re right, no choice at all,” he smiles, showing off his wonky front teeth, and then trails off into chuckles. “Everyone needs someone sometime, anyway and hell, we’re living together; we might as well be that someone. Y’know, for convenience sake.”

Jason mulls over Pankaj's suggestion of using a dream dictionary. "You know, I've never much believed in that stuff. The dream stuff, I mean. Partly because the majority is based on Freudian theories, which is largely defunct. I mean, Freud was a hack, there's no other real good way to put it. Most of his theories came from his own fucked up perspective on life. Sure, Jung had some good ideas, and I respect his form of psychoanalysis, I still don't really think dreams tell us anything. When you go from having dreams about creepy figures to dreams about pizza, it kinda make you think that dream interpretation is pretty hit or miss. I guess I'm more of a concrete evidence kind of guy." Jason shrugs. and gulps the half cool tea down, feeling the warmth spread over him like a blanket. "And yeah, I'm glad to have someone, I guess. It's just a little weird."

“Point taken,” Pankaj says with a nod, finishing off his coffee and chewing around the rim of the cup. “I can’t say I know much about any of those guys, but I trust your judgement that they’re Freudulent.” He tries to keep it together but can’t, and after a few seconds he’s laughing at his own joke, leaned back and stomping his feet. “Oh my gosh, oh man, that was so bad. I couldn’t help it but now, I’m like It’s so bad!” Pankaj collects himself, sniffling and covering his mouth as his laughter slows to the occasional giggle, and then looks at Jason. “Weird how?”

"Like I say, I don't share my feelings often. It's just not something I feel comfortable with. Anyway, I think we should probably be heading back. I have a midterm tomorrow and I'd hate to be too tired to do well." Jason takes the last sip of his tea before rising. Grabbing his garbage, he discards it in the trash can before stretching and loosening his shoulders. "Thanks again. This was great."

(I think it's your turn to change the situation :D)

“Yeah okay,” he gathers up his coffee cup and licks the sugar stuck to the inside before throwing it out. On their way out he gives Jason a slap on the shoulder and wishes him luck, but makes sure to keep his mouth shut for the walk home.

Pankaj wakes up the next day without the energy to live, but that sounds stupid so he decides that if anyone asks he’ll tell them he has the flu. He knows how to fake a fever, and he’s damn good at it, too. Years of these odd prickly feelings wrapping him up and sapping his will, his brainpower, have trained him in this.

(Er, do you want me to change the scene, or do you?)

Status
Not open for further replies.