Tanaria. (Taken)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edward grunted from the impact of Marina's hug and couldn't help but be grateful he was not in, too much trouble with her. He took her words to heart and when she started to cry he was on his knees ready to pull her into his own hug if she needed it. He let her vent at him, let her get it all out and when her eyes met his he felt like he'd been sucker punched in the gut. All the times he'd gotten into trouble none of them compared to what he had done this time.

His mothers words had done much to make him realize that fact but it was Marina who was driving it all home for him. He cared for her, in more ways than he would probably admit to anyone. It was breaking his heart to see what he had done to her emotionally and when she pinched the base of her nose he just couldn't hold back. He'd waited until she was at least under control before he moved foreword and held her close. His knees on either side of her, arms wrapped around her he said close to her ear in almost a whisper. "I won't do anything like that again. I swear it to you. I will not make you cry ever again."

Lyn could hear everything going on inside the cart and the driver was kind enough to not pay attention to it. She knew Marina had to get it out, she also knew the girl should not push herself so hard or she would have an attack. Later she would speak with her about some medicines to be able to take in order to bring herself to a stable level, even when she was upset. Lyn had not realized what was going on with Marina until recently and she had asked Gray about it before he disappeared to, wherever it was he went when he vanished.

[spoili]Interesting indeed. J And about the coloring, sort of slipped back to my old way of writing. Then again I use Works/Word to type up my posts. Can't do anything really without the double assurance of spell check. Lol Will probably start using it again with this post, as you can see, as well as the others. J Wooohoo![/spoili]

Last edited:
Marina didn't feel, or notice Edward. Having locked herself into her mind without even knowing. But when he spoke she nearly jumped out of her skin, just now realizing he close he was. She first started to resist, and tried pull out of it but just as quickly gave in. Seeing no point in fighting it, Marina had already spilled her secret, and it was clear he didn't reject her the way she thought he would. She didn't know what to do, having felt nothing like this or involved in anything of the sort.

Marina just sat there and tried to get her breathing under control, and when she finally looked up was surprised to see that Edward was still there. Once again she was shocked into silence, and stared at him wide eyed.

It was after he felt her calm down did he back away just a little. The look in her eyes confused him when he realized what position they were in. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean. I mean I did…Oh." He said quickly backing away as if he'd been hit. He wasn't getting anything out correctly and his words were not making sense. If only he could tell her, if only he could let her know how much he cared for her too. A part of him wondered if she would accept him. Yes she'd already pretty much confessed her feelings but he was still unsure about it all.

He let out a breath and said in an attempt to clarify things, "I'm sorry if I shocked you. I saw you crying and I just, did it. I don't know why but you…I mean…when I'm around you I… Oh this is not coming out right." He leaned against the cart and muttered a small curse when the back of his head hit the wall. Why was it so difficult to talk to her right now?

Marina now realized she was pushing Edward away when she was actually trying to get closer to him. Wiping her eyes and listened to him as he spoke, tried to think of what she could do. It was obvious she couldn't say what she felt, each time she either put herself inside a cage and couldn't get anything through, or she began to have issues breathing. And whenever she tried eye contact she quickly lost it.

It took her about ten minutes to finally work up the courage to sit next to him. Sliding over and making sure not to scrape her leg. Keeping her eyes to the ground, and not speaking anything, laced herself in between his arms again, slowly, as if he were a sleeping panther ready to pounce at any moment. Which he was in a way, but she dismissed that.

She tried to say something, tell him that she knew. But it came out as a small squeak that had no word behind it. Only able to hope that she wasn't breaking whatever link they had.

Edward was rubbing his head when she wrapped her arms around him. He was stunned, he thought she would be mad at him a little longer than this. Without realizing it he'd wrapped an arm around her while the other protected his head from hitting the wall again. It was a bit uncomfortable and he'd been about to shift a bit when her squeak made him chuckle. He'd laughed, for the first time in awhile and it felt good.

Adjusting a little, careful not to hurt her leg, he wrapped both arms around her and held her close. She was being so careful and part of that he knew came from her knowledge of his dangerous animal shifts and another told him it was because she didn't want to ruin what they had. He might be wrong about the last part but he at least dared to hope. Looking at her he gave her his dopy smile and instead of speaking words leaned down and kissed her gently on the cheek.

It was a small thing and something he'd never done before. He couldn't put into words how he was feeling so he figured he'd put it into action. Like her if he would have tried to speak it would have come out as something inaudible or a squeak of some sort. He wanted her to know, even if he couldn't say it. The time they'd spent together had drawn them closer and he felt the need to stay with her, to protect her and even fight and die for her if need be. His mother would say he'd chosen his life partner if she knew of what was going on but she wasn't there and couldn't give him her words of wisdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.