Tanaria. (Taken)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He left as quick as he came... 'Why am I so afraid...?'

She was feeling a mixture of emotions. She was afraid, interested in, and even jealous of the 'cat-man'. To be free from nobility, to do whatever you want, to be a cat! She let out a sigh, and slumped down to her side. 'I probably just made a horrible mistake..' Which she most likely did. Because if he was out to hurt her, she practically gave him direction on how to get to her sanctuary. And she could have just missed the chance to get to know someone that wasn't from nobility... Someone... Well, Normal.

She could hear nearly everything up here if, she was in the right spot. And her slightly Elven ears added to that. Since her ear was right against the floor, she could hear the occasional yelp, along with "Is that a cat?". She guessed it was him. She finally relaxed, able to think straight. 'He wasn't going to do anything... Just curious. Ha, like me." Caught out of her thoughts again, she thought she heard a loud growl, a surprised yell, and a women screaming "Edward!"

'That was his name, huh?'

And before her thoughts could start again, she heard the clamping of boots, and more yelling. Surprised and curious, she moved more to her left, and put her ear against the wall and was able to hear almost as if she were in the room. Hearing "A panther!" Over, and over. The next thing was a jumble to her, the drawing of a sword, more and more yelling and ordering, and what set her off, was the metallic singing of a blade cutting through.... Through. Flesh. At least she hoped it wasn't.

'What just happened?' All she knew was that there was panic, and then heard the soft, barely audible whizzing of a sword being drawn back again. And thankful for her singing lessons, she drew in a deep breath, and screamed as loud, and as long as she could. "STOP!"

She had no idea what happened next, because she gripped the rope that hung off the tree and slid down it, burning her hands, but she didn't care. She sprinted toward where she heard the commotion, tripping at the first and second turn. Only to barrel into the actual room before she even knew that she was there, ramming directly into a guard. She was thankful she did, because he looked ready to explode from tension, but at the same time caused herself to trip over him, and slide to a stop, next to the panther, almost in the same way she did that morning.

He had tried to dodge the blade but it sliced into his skin. It wasn't deep but it was enough to cause him to roar, the guard backing away in shock at first. His panther face looked fierce but now he was limping a bit from his wound. There was a gash on his arm just below his shoulder and he held up his large paw as he tried to back away. His mother had tried to tell the guards it was alright but they were too scared and shocked to listen to her. Instead he stood between them and her but in a way he guessed it seemed as if she were trapped to them.

The guard who'd attacked him before had lifted his sword up again but paused when he heard a loud yell of 'stop'. Looking toward the sound Edward and the rest of the guards were surprised to note that it had been the princess. The guard she'd hit stumbled and landed on his backside closer to the 'panther' than he liked and quickly retreated. A few of them stared in horror as she herself landed near the large cat.

Looking at her Edward felt horrible and couldn't look into her eyes. Turning his head away he whimpered and limped backward. There was a pause in the commotion, long enough for his mother to come around and face him. She put her hands on his head eyes boring into him. "You have to calm down, you have to focus." She said her voice strong and unafraid.

The guards had no idea what to do, one of them had rushed to the princesses aid and knelt beside her ready to lift her up and drag her away should the need arise.

Edward gazed into his mothers hard unwavering eyes and felt his ears and eyes lower. He had attempted to look away but she was not letting him. "You have to do as I say or you will never come back to me." He closed his eyes and let out a loud and sorrowful sound which changed into a yell as he shifted to his human self. Breathing heavily he was exhausted and was in pain. The cut had not vanished or diminished when he changed if anything it looked worse in his human form. It was while he looked around at everyone did he feel grateful that for whatever reason he was still wearing the acrobats clothes he had been wearing before.

He was on his knees and his mother held him in her arms, he was to tired to do anything but lean against her. "Someone get help, please." She said her voice begging the stunned guards. Each of them looked to the princess unsure what to do. They'd never been in a situation like this before.

She herself, was confused as well. But came out of her confusion when the guard arrived to her side. "M-m'lady?" It was the one from before, the new guy. She was glad actually, she could punish him in her own way, while making a scene to the rest of the guardsmen, provided he didn't leave her alone.

"Go... all of you." Pointing toward the guardsmen, and then the door. They stood there, and stared. "GO!" The lot of them jumped, while only two gave a deathly glare at the others, and walked off. However, the rookie was still trying to help her to her feet. "M'lady..." He toned his voice to a low, and pleading one, any normal girl would fall for it, maybe even him. She was beyond normal.

But she took his hand, and allowed him to help her to her feet. And when he started to walk her away, she drew the sword out from his sheath, startling most of everyone there, but she had different intentions. She used the hilt of the sword, to whack the knight on the back of his head, and although it did not harm him, the clanging of the metal was sure to stun him. Which it did. He fell, and after looking in anger for whoever assaulted him, was met by only shock, and betrayal.

She stood over him, clearly angry, and pointed the tip of the sword toward him. "Don't you ever... Hurt, another animal again. I swear, I'll kill you." She threw the sword at him, but it only bounced off his armor. And he himself, scrambled toward it, bowed sheepishly, and practically sprinted out of the room.

She stood there for a moment, watching, then collapsed, exhausted. "I'm fine.." Waving off the one who went to help her. She slowly stood, letting out a shaky breath. And began to limp her way toward where Edward was, and it was clear now that she twisted her ankle when tripping over the guard.

"Hey..." Her voice was soft, and sounded like she was about to pass out, which she was. She slumped down next to him. "You all right?" As she spoke, she gently placed her hand on the cut to stop the bleeding, her hands were soft, and unusually cold. "I'm sorry about before..." She dismissed his mothers confused look.

[spoili]Sorry that this is abit late, got distracted[/spoili]

Edward watch though half closed lids. His mother was doing all she could to stop the bleeding but it wasn't doing any good. He needed help. She was stunned at how the princess had stood up for her son and honored at her bravery. The princess was going to make a wonderful queen someday and she knew she would be proud to be part of those wonderful days to come. Edward mumbled a sorry though she just smiled and felt a few tears run down her cheeks. "It's alright, you're alright."

"Did I hurt anyone? As the panther, did I hurt anyone?" He asked his voice holding a bit of panic in it.

His words shocked her. He didn't remember? "No, you did not hurt anyone." She noted how the princess was limping and felt a pang of guilt for what had happened to her. She could not tell Edward, he would blame himself for it. At the princesses words she looked from him to her in confusion but was not answered. She would learn of it later she was sure.

"I'm alright." He said turning his gaze to the princess. Her touch was nice but like with his mother it did little to nothing to ease the bleeding. The guard must have hit something he shouldn't have. "You have nothing to bee sorry for, I'm sorry I frightened you. I wanted to tell you, I just…" he paused and tried to gather his thoughts. "…I did not know when the right time would be, I had thought I would do something at the show but I guess that will be canceled." He chuckled a little though he was starting to go a bit pale.

"We need to get him to a doctor your highness." His mother said giving an apology before hand for interrupting. "We need to stop the bleeding before it gets worse." She could barely move while she held her son but she managed to grab a piece of her dress. It was already torn and worn from years of wear. "This should be easy to rip, we should try to bandage him up."

A small smile spread across her face in thanks to the princess's efforts. Lowering her voice enough so only the princess could hear she said, "we should also look at your ankle, it will do you no good to be in pain for our account. If it is not treated properly it might heal wrong and you will have trouble when you get older. Trust me I know." Her last words were followed by a wink as she showed the princess her own ankle.

[spoili]it is alright, I completely understand. Everyone gets distracted, especially me. lol[/spoili]

Marina nodded at the mother, and weakly ripped off the strip of the dress. And did her best to tie it around his arm, mumbling "sorry" each time he flinched, her hands were shaky, too shaky so she gave up. "Can someone help? Please?" Her tone wasn't commanding, or strict. But it was pleading, practically begging. Thankfully, someone did.

She crawled more to the side, giving them space. One of the more persistent members, kept asking her question after question. And the only response she could think of was "I don't know" Or "I can't tell you." He was clearly unsatisfied "When are we gettin' help eh? This is on your head, and you better straighten it out."

She admired his courage "Someones already coming." This seemed to catch him off guard. "Who?! Who in the right mind co-" She put up a hand, for once asking for silence. "Just please don't behave this way when he's around..." She sighed, collecting her thoughts. "His name is Grey, but I can tell you this, don't get confused by his name... Wizard mostly, an elf, likes to wear nothing but black... He'll know what too do." The man tried one last time. "How do you know hes comin' eh?" "Because.." slightly aggravated, she added. "Hes right behind you."

Which he was.

She slumped back, allowing herself to rest, and as she expected, Grey had simply walked around the mind baffled man. Marina shook her head, and nodded toward Edward. She never understood Grey, he never spoke a word, and only grunted in response, which he did as he stood back up, and limped toward the injured man. Grey had that limp for the entire time she knew him, but whenever she asked about it he simply remained silent, and she learned to speak to him with body movements.

Idly, she messaged her ankle, wincing quite a few times.

Edward was completely out of it though he had not passed out. He could still see things around him, and feel. The princess's hands working the bandage around hurt and at one point he wanted to bat her away but his mother made sure that he didn't. There was a small part of him that wanted to run away, that was still attached to that cat/panther. To lick his wounds on his own but his mother wasn't allowing that either. She had the same gift he did, and though she could change she chose not too. She did not have the strength he did to come back anymore.

Looking at the princes she glowered at a few of the guards who glared at Edward for "making" the princess do this. She could hear them talking though she refused to rise to the bate and was thankful he wasn't able to. Despite all the questions the persistent guard was asking the princess Edwards mother knew she would do something, even if it wasn't overtly prominent. When she had first seen the girl she knew she was special. That she had elven blood in her. Unlike her son, she could tap into her shifter skills without turning. It was something she would teach him eventually, when he was older, but for now…he was not ready.

When Grey showed up Edward's mother instinctively bowed her head to him though she did not know why. "Thank you." She said when he began his work.

At first Edward tried to resist but it seemed Grey was very good at keeping the boy under control. If anyone could fix her son she was sure Grey could, though for whatever reason she felt it would come at a price. It was probably just the skeptic in her and she pushed the thought aside. He was taking care of her son, that was all that mattered.

The leader had tried to get out of the room but was blocked off by the guards when they had encircled Edward. He was at the far end of the room and when he moved Edward's head turned toward him. There was a low growling sound that passed Edwards lips before his mother hushed him with her own warning growl. She would not have him changing again. "I would get him out of here for the foreseeable future." She said to any number of the guards, she did not care which one did it as long as that man was gone.

"Grey..." She motioned him over when he appeared to be finished. He slowly stood, and limped over to Marina, and as usual only grunted. But it was a questioning one, and his pale blue eyes were clearly concerned. He was a gentle, and kindly old man, but at times when he was being bugged at working a serious injury, can get violent. He takes his work, and the safety of others, to the greatest.

She nodded toward her foot, and began to sat up when Grey put a hand down on her shoulder, and gently pushed her back down. He was like a grandfather to her, and she believed he thought the same about her. As he worked, she felt the occasional pulse of a warm, and tingly feeling, just noticeable. 'So that's how he did it, sly old dog.' She could feel him putting, some kind of magic into her. She didn't know what, but felt her ankle getting better by the moment, until it simply gave a dull ache.

She nodded toward him in thanks, then just gave him a hug. He smiled, which was the closest thing he came to a laugh, and helped her to her feet, slow as to not make her dizzy. She let him, instead of pushing him away like she did with the knight. 'Why hasn't father come along yet? The thought came sudden, but it was an important one. He was usually the first one to show up at these things, before Grey even had a chance to arrive. Like he simply appeared out of thin air, which Grey practically did.

She looked toward Edward, then gazed back to Grey. But just like that, he was gone, as usual. She'd have to play chess with him later, to say thanks. She turned her gaze back toward the man, and began to walk over. Not noticing she was no longer tired, again, she had to admit 'Sly old dog.' Now that he was gone, she became slightly more shy like she was before, but did her best to hide it.

She squatted down beside him. "Hows the arm?" Again, her voice was soft and gentle, full of concern.

[spoili]I might be adding a new area to the roleplay soon >w<[/spoili]

When Grey was done Edward felt like a lot better than he did before. In a small way it was almost as if he was brand new. The gash was still there yes but the bleeding had been stopped and he liked that he had better bandages. There was no offence to his mother but he liked to have clean lines on his wounds. He still felt the small urge to go in a corner away from everyone but he pulled that back.

Looking at his mother he smiled and said, "I'm alright." He pulled away from her and sat up on his own wincing a little at the movement of his arm. It was a dull ache, much like the princess's ankle. His mother watched him cautiously though she knew he would be fine. Elven healers were the best at what they do and she was thankful to Grey for helping. She felt she would have to thank him in some way later, not as a price but something out of the kindness of her heart.

He watched Grey work on the princesses and felt that pang of guilt his mother knew he would. It was because of what he did that she got hurt. His mother had lied to him, though not completely. He had not ripped anyone open, nor had he bitten anyone. Those were the things that would have killed him the most. When he was taken over by the cat, instinct took over and that raw protective nature toward his mother and those he cared for.

His eyes held the apology he could not voice at that moment. "It is alright. I had been meaning to thank him but I guess I missed my chance." He said a little awkwardly. He was still a bit drowsy from the loss of blood but that would pass in time. There had been some speculation as to whether or not he had a quicker healing ability along with his shape shifting but that was just a myth. Pulling on a few reserves of courage he asked, "How is your ankle? I'm sorry I dragged you into all of this."

"Its.... Fine." Now alone, she was more shy again, slightly locked up in her shell. "And.... Its my fault, I dragged Everybody, into this... Sorry." There was an obvious shock going through the troupe, and she guessed they had never heard royalty apologize before, much less someone of her position.

"Tell you the truth I'm jealous." Hugging her knees to her chest, taking up the same thinking position when she was against the door. "To be free, travel to different places. And you, being able to turn into a cat and a..... Panther." Her eyes flicked to the largest member each time he moved, like she did at the beginning. She was generally relaxed, slightly bottled up, but relaxed.

[spoili]Yep... I'm going to make a group thing, soon after this one is finished! >w< But who knows how long that will be, if you don't know what I'm talking about, have a peek at the first post. :3[/spoili]

He had no idea what to say to this, she was apologizing to him. Was this how things were? It was clear he was at a loss for words, he had absolutely no idea what to say. Like she always did his mother stepped in for him. "We thank you for your apology your highness."

"I don't know about that your highness." He said to her comment about being free. "It is, in some ways freeing but in others it is like being in a cage. What you saw, with the Panther, took the help of my mother to bring me back. If I had stayed like that I would have been lost. No memory of who I was before the Panther, wild, unyielding and capable of hurting the people I care about." He paused feeling foolish for talking to a princess this way. "In a small way I am jealous of you, able to stay in one place, not having to wonder if you will have a meal the next day…" His voice trailed off.

He heard footsteps and a few members of the group he was traveling with had shown up. It was a little odd, but with all the commotion he was pretty sure they had wanted to either make sure he was alright, or that he was dead. Many of them did not like him, much like the one who had hit his mother. It was strange, the man had loved his mother before. Had done everything he could for her and his child but in the end…Edward had no idea what had happened but he could not stand that man. If he saw him again he was pretty sure he would change without a second thought in his current state of mind.

The Panther was pacing inside his head, begging to be let out again. It was like that after a particularly stressful day. He did his best to ignore it but it could be persistent, and sometimes he slipped up. It was taking a lot to suppress the beast but he took heart in the fact his mother was alright. Her cheek was red from where the slap landed but other than that she was fine. Their was one more thing buzzing around in his head, though he did not voice it but, 'what was going to happen next?'

She voiced the same exact question in her own head. 'What was going to happen next?' She didn't know, and sat there, staring awkwardly at the floor.

'Could that really happen? Him loosing control like that. And it was clear that he wouldn't hurt his mother, Marina saw his eyes. They were dead, not actually dead dead, but dead of the boy, and was only an animals. Yet he still tried to protect her...' She knew she would never get her answer, she was going to ask anyway, but for the fifth time that day, was caught out of her thoughts of the metallic clamping of a Knights boots.

Richard, with his sword and shield drawn. Practically barreled into the room, just barely avoiding ramming into Edwards mother. His head darted everywhere, passed over Marina then locked back into her, and he jogged toward her in a less violent way. "Marina!" It was obvious he had been running for a while, or simply just sprinting, but from where she didn't know. "Richard?"

"Your father... Hes gone, I'm sorry I couldn't... There was too much blood.. I couldn't....." Her mind automatically tuned out his voice. 'Daddy...? Gone...? Blood...?' She had no idea that she was just sitting there blank, the only noticeable thing was her eyes had widened to their full extent, and clearly showed that she had Elven blood, and mixing was something you're not supposed to do in royalty. And judging by her fathers fate, someone had figured that out.

The king was dead? How, when? Edward felt a sudden rush of panic. Had he done something no one was telling him? If he did he wanted to know about it, and he would take the punishment for it if he had to. There was no excuse if it were him. He could barely remember what happened when he had become the Panther and a part of him wondered if the princess was thinking the same thing.

His mother closed her eyes and said a silent prayer to the death of the king. The others seemed to be as stunned silent as he was. Taking control of the situation Edwards mother asked Richard, "do we need to get the princess to safety? Is she in danger here?"
[spoili]sorry for the short post. This shouldn't be a common occurrence. I am interested in the group rp you mentioned before but my computer was being evil and not allowing me to say so…it froze and reset getting rid of my original response before I knew it. *angry face*[/spoili]

Marina was still in whatever trance Richards world put her into, an didn't even hear a single word he said.

He was speaking quick, and professionally, having taken the situation into his own hands. "I don't know how or when, but I was told by a messenger that he called for me. When I got there, the door was open and he was there... In a pool of his own blood, his..." He stopped, just now noticing her eyes, and he himself, did not know what to do.

It was the greatest secret, and the only reason why she wasn't married, and Richard just figured it out.

[spoili]He doesn't try to kill her >w< I'm kinda tired and a little brain dead, so things might be a little short here [/spoili]

"Richard, I need you to focus on me." Edwards mother said turning Richard's face toward her. "We need to get her away from here, I do not care what is going through your mind but if you do not move right now you will live to regret it." She said her voice changing a bit and a deep growl coming form her throat. She was acting almost like a protective mother right then, even though the princess was not her own.

Reaching out with his good hand Edward adjusted his position and touched Marina on the shoulder. "We need to leave your highness, it is not safe." He said looking into her eyes. He knew she was in shock, he could tell by her eyes. Moving a bit toward her he slowly got to his feet and pulled her up slowly with him. They had to get out of there. He could not leave her there on her own at a time like this. "Are you going to come with us?" He asked Richard his voice changing a bit as he did. It wasn't menacing it was more challenging him to do what he had to in order to keep the princess safe.

[spoili]No problem[/spoili]

His voice, was equally challenging toward the women. "Of you think... I would abandon my life long friend, who I shared my entire life with..." He stopped before he could progress, knowing he was only going to get angrier by the second. And let out a long sigh after Edward spoke. "Alright... There is a way out, I just don't know if it safe, so we'll take the front front door." He held up a hand before anyone could protest. "And... If they want, the rest of your.... Group, can come along, if they do, then who ever killed Forest will likely stay away because of the number." He saw no reason to keep the Kings name hidden, as he was no longer with them.

He took Edwards place by Marina, not roughly but slowly. "I know how to handle this... She was like this once before."

[spoili]I might have to make a character sheet for Richard >w< But you could do it if you want, heading off to sleep, two thirty in the morning. Thank god I don't have to work tomorrow, I completely forgot.[/spoili]

Edward smiled mischievously at Richard though he did not challenge him anymore. He hoped he did not make an enemy of him, all he wanted to do was snap him out of the shock, this was not the time for it. "Alright." He said simply to everything Richard said. He showed no more of that challenging nature, it was almost as if he were a different person. Edward had slipped back into his normal skin. His eyes danced a bit and if Richard didn't know any better there was a hint of curiosity and danger behind them. He was ready for anything and he would do anything to help if Richard asked it of him. Officially he had given up the alpha role and gave it to Richard. It seemed like the logical choice since Richard knew the princess and Edward and only just met her.

His mother got to her feet and went to talk to the group. All of them agreed to do what they could to help out. "We could hide her in our cart, it is big enough for you both and it is comfortable." Sort of ushering them both toward the front Edward made sure to keep an eye out for anything that looked suspicious though he could not tell exactly what would. The guards seemed to have disappeared though he could not blame them. They might be loyal but when something like this happened, they scattered. In a way he had the feeling they hadn't done that, that they were looking for the one who had dared kill their king.

The group had everything ready and helped the princess and Richard into the cart. The leader of the group was nowhere to be found but they left anyway. He was the reason for Edwards outburst and the rest of them did not want to have something happen they could not deal with at a time like this. Doing the same as they did on the way in the group traveled through the city and put on a show.

Richard was clearly, a very gentle big man. Easily towering over the largest of the group, and handled Marina as if she were frail glass, and in her current state probably was.

Marina, although clearly was still separate from the world, somehow knew they were leaving. "My mothers dress." It was just barely audible, and Richard almost missed it, only picking up "mothers dress". He knew it was a stupid thing for ask for, but it was also something important, considering if she asked for it while in shock.

He sighed "Give me a minute" and left again, ignoring any questions and looks, the clamping of his boots fading away. 'To think... I was just a statue this morning, funny how quickly things can change.'

Marina however, did not change. Simply stared at the floor in front of her. Although it was normal for her thoughts to be jumbled up, what it she was thinking wasn't in her usual train of thought.

The group waited patiently while Richard ran off. Edward was busy with his own gathering of things though his eyes darted back to Marina every once in a while. She was having a hard time, there was no doubt about it and he figured it would remain that way for a while. That was the impression he had received from the way Richard had been acting. If she could cause him to run off for something in her current state of mind, it must be something she needed, something that could possibly help.

A thought passed by for just a second but Edward had dismissed it. He could not believe that it could be that simple but even still he had to try it. Giving his mother an apologetic look he closed his eyes and focused. Kneeling he slowly shifted into the same black cat he'd been when he and Marina had first met. There was a limp to him know but it wasn't bad. Walking up to her he batted lightly at her legs and let out a small mrawr and then sat down looking up at her expectantly.

Her eyes slowly drifted to the cat, and her breath caught for a barely noticeable moment.

Her conscious mind, battling with her passive mind, was reliving memories with her father. She knew it was insanity, but she didn't care. It was peaceful, away from the world and its troubles. But then again, what was happening out there? And why was this happening?

She blinked, and choked on a small sob. Covering her face with her hands and released a shuddered breath. Just as Richard returned again, a box in his hands. He stared at Marina, shocked at her change, not expecting it.

He looked for Edward, and not knowing he was the cat, gave up quickly, and turned to his mother. He quickly paced toward her, and without waiting for any response, shoved the box into her arms, placed his hands onto her shoulder, and spoke quickly, but meaningfully "You better listen, and don't mess this up, because if you do, I swear I'll come back and haunt you for the rest of your life." Recollecting himself, he took a deep breath. "Inside this box, is Marinas mothers dress, it is probably the most precious thing to that girl... Don't... Loose it... Do what ever you can to keep her safe, and if she asks. Tell her Richard said, 'He found the light.'"

With that, he glanced once more toward Marina, and left the room. He just gave that women his death wish, and she better do her best to keep it true.

Edward hadn't been expecting that but it was different, and different had to be good. He gave her another mrawr and began to purrr and rubbed his head against her shin. He wanted her to greave, there was no way around that, but he also wanted to pull her out of this shock. It was not good for them right now and he hoped that if he kept at it she would hopefully wake up. If he had to he would remain a cat for as long as it took to get her back to herself again. Even if it meant risking the possibility of remaining this way for a long time, if not for the rest of his life.

Shocked at what Richard said all his mother could do was nod. Fear touched her for an instant, his words were almost a resignation of some sort. It seemed as if he were to never come back. Taking a deep breath she held the box closer to her and moved toward the cart. "Come, we must be going before we are trapped here." She said to those who had stopped working on their escape. With a glance at Edward she lowered her gaze and had a breaking feeling in her heart. Pushing back the feeling she went to Marina and did what Richard had done previously when he led her that far. They had to leave, if Richard were to come back he could met up with them later but the princess could not stay there.

Status
Not open for further replies.