Tales of the World OOC

You should totally try to get around to playing Abyss. From what I've heard, Abyss is the best one since it works with a shrunken character cast but delves into each one to a much greater degree, leaving almost no gaps.

Lovely. Now I need to decide if I need to add one to the mix a little later if cast glue will be necessary.

Curiously, are defenders raised normally or are they just popped out at the fighting age? Since it was last second business, I assumed it'd be the latter. Was that a wrong assumption?

I'll save you a little trouble by having that be the same area that Rin is in.

So are you planning to have Yuri glue the group together or will I be needing to help with that?

So are you planning to have Yuri glue the group together or will I be needing to help with that?

Yuri is definitely on a mission to find all the Defenders, but I think it would add more character interaction if Rin wanted to get more involved! :3

Rin hasn't a clue of what the devourer, defenders, and whatnot are so there's no way to want to get involved. He will by circumstances of course but at the moment, he has absolutely no idea.

Rin hasn't a clue of what the devourer, defenders, and whatnot are so there's no way to want to get involved. He will by circumstances of course but at the moment, he has absolutely no idea.

Well that will make this fun indeed! XD Oh Yuri... time to test his recruiting abilities, lol!

Just to let you know. I don't know exactly what the defenders are, and i intend to keep it that way. This way you can explain it to my oc too later.

Well, it is hard to be one when you yourself haven't a clue and it is explained somewhat in the first post of this thread.

I know. I also know that there is more behind that, but this "more" is what i want to leave unknown for now.
I already got that they are created by the World tree (Yggdrasil if i am not mistaken), and that they "Defend" the world. But i think it's more fun for me if i don't know what else is behind it.
As i know the tales of series, there is something more, and i would appreciate it if you don't tell me.

(I can put in a IC example later if you need me to put I am too tired at this point)

Name: Talli Voldon
Tales of: N/A
Race: human
Class: --
Role: Lens hunter
Appearance: Standing 5'5 Talli does not strike the most impressive figure. While she is built powerfully, the kind of person who is used to tough work, her loose traveler's cloak and often slightly hunched posture hide much of her physique from the casual observer. Her hair is messily cut up to the bottom of her shoulder blades, since she can't be bothered to try and fix it her hair is usually a mess, although if neccesary she will put it back in a ponytail. She has a good gamers tan going but, having spent so much time in the woods and in the dark she is not as dark as some who work out in the open fields. She might have had a pretty face if things had gone a different route but, in any case the strip of flesh where her eyes were is now covered with a mask, although the ends of scar do stick out around the edge of the mask she has sewn two patches of black cloth over the holes, leaving exactly what she looks like under the mask up to the viewers imagination. Other than her mask and her cloak she wears a brown cloth tunic and pants, as well as a pair of leather slipper like shoes (although she takes these off as often as the situation allows).
Personality: Talli is bit of an odd girl. She switches back and forth between being a cheerful energetic girl, a silent serious hunter, and a sarcastic pessimistic blind person. For the most part she is pretty upbeat if very sarcastic at times. She likes to think that she knows how to read people very well and she will push people's buttons to see how much she can get away with. However if you very clearly tell her or give her signs to back off she will always relent, she might like messing with people she knows what can happen when things go to far. Her sarcasm often extends from the fact that she is blind and she has no problem milking people for pity. She does this because she just finds it so entertaining when people finally realize that she is not as helpless as she was leading them to believe. However whenever she is hunting or on a mission she becomes very serious as she knows that even a momentary lapse in concentration can result in disaster. But underneath it all she is insecure, after her accident she could tell that her face horrid people, so she took to wearing a mask, but, even after she adopted the mask she could tell that the people in her home town still only saw her disfigured face so she has been on the move ever since.
History: Talli grew up in a small town to a big family. Her father was the miller of the town and her mother was a veryaccomplished seamstress. As a child she had four older brother and by the time she could walk she was tottering along after them. One day when she was six years old she was out in the woods near the town collecting berries to make jam. Eventually she made her way to a small clearing where she knew berries had grown very well the previous summer, in the center of the clearing was an old well set into the ground. The town had long since stopped using the well but, the local children often came to the well to toss stones and pebbles into it just to listen to them hitting the water below. As she searched around the clearing for berries she heard some soft rustling and turning around she saw a monstrous creature towering above her, fur like hammered steel and claws like onix knives. That was the last thing she saw before one of its great paws came slashing down. The creature would have killed her had it not been for that old well, falling backward Talli tumbled into the well and into the water below. She probably would have drowned there if it had not been for the fact that after so many years of kids throwing stones the little well only had about three feet of water left in it. Still she was not totally out of danger, the beast, while unable to fit down the well, tried to fish her out with its great spiked tail. It really only succeeded in slashing her across the eyes again before it had been forced to flee by the arrival of a group of villagers that had heard Talli's screams. Rushing her to thenearest healer only saved her from bleeding out and she ended up completely blind by the end of the encounter. It was very tough for the girl the first few weeks trying to get used to being blind, hearing the simpathy and pity in people's voices, and feeling their stares. Eventually her parents decided to send her away to train with a magic knight who lived several towns over and who was taking apprentices. So for six years she trained with him. Learning how to fight, how to use her other senses, and how to utilize what little magic she had. When she was fourteen she was given the opportunity to travel to the city and stay there for two years. It was there she learned her street smarts, and how to work almost any situation to her advantage. Afterward she headed back home for a little while before, at age 16, she set out on her own. She has had a few adventures since the, she has even joined up with a band of thieves for a little while about a year ago.
Extra: She travels pretty light, the things that she almost always has with her is her wood staff, a hunting knife, and backpack containing; two long coils of sting for snares, some dried provisions, a basic first aid kit, a small sewing kit, a change of clothes, some fishing line, a hook, and her purse containing her reward money, while rolled up on top of her backpack she has a thick woolen blanket.
On a different note the magic that she uses is just able to help her "see". It works by sending out a wave of sorts that expanded out and then bounces back to Talli. Essecially it is a form of echolocation, however there are limits to how Talli can use it. First off since she is a pretty poor magic user it requirers her to release some kinetic energy. This can be as simple as snapping her fingers or tapping a table to striking her staff to get a larger release. She has even managed to use this while running although by the end she was mentally and physically exhausted and had a pounding head ache. This magic has absolutely no effect on those around her and even if she managed to release her biggest and most powerful blast even the mos sensitive people would only feel what would be equivalent to a brief soft breeze, however, the recoil of such a wave would be enough to knock Talli down when it finally made its way back.

Stats
Strength: B
Magic: D
Speed: A
Defense: C

ACCURACY: A

DEXTERITY: B
LUCK: C
COOKING: D

“Tales of” games you’ve played (if any): Zero, Zip, Nadda, Zilch

Thanks a lot! I will do my first post in a while once I am at my computer.

Nice intro! =D Annnd, finally Tales of Twin Brave came in!!! *w* It is sooo awesome!!!