Tales of Amaranthine [No more people]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, this is my first time getting it and it does suck. The antibiotics and such are already starting to help though, so I am hoping I recover quickly.

@KageKaioh

Oh wow, you know a lot about calendars don't you. I am envious of you. But I think that the intercalery days would be amazing, especially for holidays like Fallensday, which was a great idea. Do you mind if I put you in charge of the calendar? Because I trust you to make a good one for us, especially since you have a vast knowledge of the mechanics of a calendar. Also, because of the intercalery days we would have to automatically use the lunar calendar, right?

And I like the idea of a Native American-esque calendar system as well. It will add some diversity to the world, and I like diversity. I would be willing to help you with names of the moon if you would like. How many months do you suggest we have? And I think we should do the seven day weeks as well, unless you have another suggestion for it.

Feel free to! I want to get some of these things drawn up for the guild so we can reference them. And you probably have better skills than I do, especially since you drew your character. Would you like a plain map of the world, I have it saved. The only thing that I truly suck at is the terrain part of the map, like mountains, deserts, waterways, and such. That is why there is no map of it. And I would be more than willing to let you take the reigns if you want to do that, aside from a few of the things said here.

I hope you feel better dear.

@Drakina

I will have to manually change it so just tell me when you add the link or send me the link and I will get that done quickly.

And I think that will be perfect for when everyone meets up, but I think it is just too cliche and just too coincidental to have everyone to meet up at the beginning. It will allow for people to form alliances, doubt others (especially the rogue), and stuff of that nature, which will lead to character development. And trust me I thought of Gods calling down to people ran through my head too.

I think that the characters should learn more skills as they go, but it isn't like they will necessarily learn a new skill per page. I trust all of you to moderate yourself.

Everyone,

I think in the guild you guys should make a "diary" thread. Each person will have their own thread, that way people can write how their characters feel about other people, and the said improved skills and stuff. If you all agree I will make one to show you how it is normally done and then you can make your own variation of it.

Also, I am thinking of giving this planning one more week then we start, unless we want to start before hand. So at the latest, next Saturday we will start the RP.

I'm the kind of guy that knows a bit about everything, really. To be honest, I did not realise I knew that much about calenders before the topic came up. I do have to correct something though, intercalery days appear in Soli-lunar calenders, meaning calenders that track not only the moon phases but also how long it takes for the planet to revolve around the sun. That is how you get the gap. I accidentally mashed that information in with the stuff on lunar calenders. Regardless, I would be happy to make up a calender or two. I love creating charts, maps and other odds and ends for roleplays.

For the native-replica calender, the names of the months depend greatly on the climate the peoples live in, so we would have to decide what peoples use it first. As for weeks, using seven-day weeks works if we want to use 28-day months, which falls in line with the moon phases fairly well, if this world is like Earth, of course.

As for the map, I can do terrain, both detailed and less so. If you care to look, I have two maps I have done in the last couple of years (big images!):
tumblr_ni011ftZ5g1u3fx33o2_1280.png
tumblr_ni011ftZ5g1u3fx33o1_1280.png
I can do whatever you want, really. I just like making maps. *smiles*

I have never done something like a journal for a roleplay, but I am open to the idea. Before we start, we need to decide who is meeting up with whom first, correct?

Also, before I forget again, here is the image of Ellie: Click!

Last edited:
Oh those looks really nice! Those mountains are pretty similar to how I make mine when I draw maps. I'll admit I'm usually adverse to using color myself, but that's just my preference. I have a hobby of drawing maps I just don't have a reliable way to scan them my scanner is funky like that.

Thank you. I love cartography and geography, so map-making is a treat for me; I just rarely have a reason to make them. I got the idea for how to do the mountains by looking at satellite images and trying to mimic the look in a simplified way. I still have to work on making them less uniform, but I like the technique. All of my work is digital, and I almost always work in colour, as I have a harder time working in monotone.

I like the journal idea, though I've been terrible at keeping one of my own. Heh, there are huge gaps in mine, up to and beyond a year in length.

Yay, picture in CS!

I had not meant for the idea to be right away, I am also very interested in what friendships will evolve before we all join together. Though we do need to figure out who will be meeting who. Ellie is coming into Amaranthine from the North-East, and I really don't remember anyone else being from that direction...

As for when we are starting, I can't get on Saturday, but I can on Sunday.

Hm. It got quiet in here- I hope this has not died already! We did not even get started.

As for characters meeting up, Nivedus has been in Amarathine for a while now, I think, so he can run across anyone.

It looks like Tarot has not been on since the 10th. *frowns* I hope everything is alright.

So... Should we try to figure out who might run into each other while we wait for Tarot's return? I was thinking of having Ellie just arriving at an Amaranthine port, and either having money issues because she has no idea what she's doing, or getting pulled into an alley by muggers... It really depends on if anyone else would be willing to rescue her.

Maybe, depending on the situation. If there are children involved, she would try to save them. For never having been a mother, she has strong mothering instincts. Though the saving might be grabbing said child and running like hell.

I just realized that our characters have nearly the exact same name. That isn't going to get confusing at alllll...

O.O I hadn't noticed. It'll be fun to play out them both responding when someone calls for one of them. They can be Elly one and Ellie two.

'Elly!'
both turn and go 'What?'
'No, I meant Elly one.'

Status
Not open for further replies.