Tales of Amaranthine [No more people]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I don't have my CS up yet! This is just like, the craziest week in retail and I've basically been working nonstop. I have this weekend off though so I should have something typed up tomorrow. Just gotta settle on one of the ideas rattling around in my head.

@Harper
I completely understand, if you work in retail you are getting the after-Christmas rush and that can be just as bad as the before-Christmas rushes. Take your time.

@KageKaioh
Of course I'd trust you, there is no reason not to. And if I do see it I will inform you.

Thank you.

Drakina has been very busy with work, as she is in the hotel business, but I will be pushing her to finish her CS tonight.

I understand, I was thinking of trying to let the Christmas rush die down a little before starting the role-play.

I am very sorry, as Kage has said I work at a hotel, and it's one of the larger ones in the area. I'm posting this as a WIP right now, it's midnight and I have to be at work by 8 in the morning. I will attempt to get on tomorrow to finish it.

[bg=teal]
┏ N a m e ┐
-- Ellie Kaleene

┏ A g e ┐

┏ R a c e ┐
-- Human

┏ G e n d e r ┐
-- Female

┏ P r o p h e t i c - R o l e ┐
-- A Priest who had Started to Doubt the Religion

┏ S k i l l s ┐
---[Healing] From the smallest bruise to a broken bone, Ellie can and probably has healed it. A prayer will cause her to go into a trance-like state and a warm glow in her hands. How long it takes depends on the severity of the wound, a scrape takes mere moments while a broken leg must first be set straight again and could take half an hour of prayer. With the severe injuries, the healing can leave her in a sort of daze, as she was in a trance-like state for so long.
---[Light of Truth] With this ability Ellie can tell if someone is consciously lying. A silent prayer makes a halo of pale golden light settle around her chosen target's head, invisible to them but no one else, and that person can then be questioned. If they lie the halo of light turns an angry red color, but if they believe what they are saying the halo will not change color. The halo only lasts about thirty minutes, unless dispelled sooner.
---[Staff] While far from truly proficient, Ellie knows enough to protect herself from the mundane dangers of life, like a street thug or hungry wild animal. If there are other people fighting, she would rather stay out of it, out of fear of hitting the wrong people.
---[Horse Whisper] Agrippa's animal being the horse, he grants all his priests the ability to ride any of them. They can also calm a panicking horse, provided they can touch the animal.

┏ A p p e a r a n c e ┐
--
tumblr_ni01rlaVix1u3fx33o1_1280.png

┏ B i o g r a p h y ┐
-- Ellie was born to a merchant family in Kambar, Fenhi, in the middle class area of the city. Her father ran the shop while her mother raised Ellie and her brother, Kendrith, ten years her elder. Business was booming, and the family had started looking to move up in the city. Everything was ready for the move when tragedy struck- on their last night in the old house a spark from the banked fireplace landed on a scrap of the linen used to wrap the furniture, catching it on fire. The flames spread quickly, engulfing the house with the family still inside. Both parents perished, but Kendrith woke and managed to get the seven year old Ellie out of the house, clad in nothing but her nightslip and a slightly singed blanket.

In the week following, Kedrith's condition plummeted, the once healthy seventeen year old man dying from the smoke he had inhaled. This left Ellie without family, and no one to turn to. She was placed in an orphanage run by the main deity's temple, the god of Light and Law, Agrippa. The priests of the order raised her with the other orphans, teaching them the laws and ways of their culture. Ellie loved it, and her excelled at her studies. When she reached the proper age, it only seemed natural for her to enter the same order that had taken care of her, taking care of the other orphans and learning the depth of the laws and duties she now had.

Years passed peacefully, with prosperity for all of the country. Then the king fell suddenly ill, and a distant cousin of his crawled out of the woodwork to handle the 'pressuring task of ruling' while the king dealt with this malady. Talk in the city was of poisoning by the distant cousin, and as the king was getting worse it seemed as though the rule in the city became harsher. When none of the high priests at the temple seemed interested in investigating the rumors or offering their healing to the king, Ellie tried doing so on her own. What she uncovered was that the rumors were true, and when she went to the high priests with the information, they told her that their god approved of this, it was his way of clearing the throne for a worthier ruler. She protested, pointing out that this went against their teachings and it was an unlawful usurpation of the throne, but they ordered her to remain silent.

Ellie spent weeks in her room, praying and reading the law books, hoping to find some answer to this conundrum. All she could find were loopholes constructed to allow just this sort of thing to happen. Newer laws had been created that blurred or outright contradicted old laws, and some were just ignored. There was so much she found, and every new piece made her heart sink further. One morning, she found a reference to the first king of Fenhi, a man who had come from Amaranthine and united the scattered city-states into a single nation thousands of years ago. It was said he carried with him the Laws of Agrippa, given to him directly from the god while he was still on the other continent. By the next morning she was gone, clinging to the faint hope of finding the place where he had been given the laws. It was as she passed the city gates, a small stipend from the temple in her pouch, that she heard the king had passed away.

┏ O t h e r ┐
-- While not truly afraid of fire, she tends to start getting nervous if a fire is built up very high, like a bonfire.

[/bg]

I had the idea that the main deity was Light and Law, and his/her symbol would be a golden horse that represented the sun. That's about as far as I've gotten with religion so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Drakina
Thank you for working so hard, I understand that things come up, especially with holiday seasons. Take your time you are in no rush. I hope your shift goes well for you.

I agree, I love all the back stories so far and I think it is going to prove to be an interesting role-play.

Everyone,
Should I make a guild for us to fill information out about the locations, religions, mercantile, magic, rights of passage, culture, races and stuff of that sort? It would need to be a group effort to fill a lot of it out, that is why I'm asking.

I would most certainly be willing to help out- I adore creating all the details like those.

Group

The group is open, but I think this thread should be the place that ideas are plotted out. Besides that which has been covered in the profiles, I think we should work together on what is left. Though if you have ideas for anything feel free to share it with us. With the Locations, I think we should go by continent so it is nicely organized. I do not mind listing it all out in order if you all want me to and edit each post when we think of something or create something for it.

I am thinking that the Frozenlands are a place that no one travels to because it is one of the only places that gets snow and such low temperatures. Not to mention there is probably a lot of lore of demons, monsters, it being a Godless place, and so forth, anyone second this idea? If so I will create more information on it and present it.

So you know the world map is not the top and bottom of the world. I am imagining a lot more ocean between The Republic of Servanteen and the south pole of the world. So there will be a frozen ocean, if everyone is alright with that or I am perfectly fine with making Ysliderati at the bottom of the map.

I definitely second the idea of the Frozenlands being a place of terrifying lore and unforgiving terrain. Every good world needs at least one wasteland shrouded in mystery and horror stories.

Considering Ysliderati has defined nations and capitol cities, I cannot really see it being the bottom of the world. However, I would find it interesting if this planet had little more than water and ice at it's pole.

I have a few more ideas bouncing around already, but it is time for D&D, so writing it all out must wait. I did feel the need to mention that I noticed the font pun on the map almost immediately, though. Well placed and funny.

I was thinking that perhaps the only people that actually live in the Frozenlands are badass barbarians that roam around in tribes and raid the lands to the south on occasion and have wild rumors floating around about them.

I'd love to help, I have little bits of history and religion trying to pop into my head, mostly related to where my character comes from.

I added some skills and edited the last bit of her history, it felt wrong before, and I blame having been tired last time I was typing. Now she has a reason to go to Amaranthine, though I don't think she'll get to find what she's looking for.

I still have to find an image or decide on a description for her... Maybe I'll just roll on a chart for that. >.<

I was thinking that perhaps the only people that actually live in the Frozenlands are badass barbarians that roam around in tribes and raid the lands to the south on occasion and have wild rumors floating around about them.
I imagine them living in Wintermane, with the Frozenlands being virtually unlivable due to the creatures that inhabit it; perhaps something along the lines of the Wights from Game of Thrones. The barbarians constantly battle the creatures, keeping them in the Frozenlands. In turn, the creatures force the barbarians to stay in Wintermane, or at least close to the border.

Definitely Game of Thrones-esque, but I like it.

It's a classic trope, and they can be any kind of creature, really. Though I do admit I love the idea of Wights, as I have recently played on Westros with my D&D group.

I'm thinking of a holiday where everyone morns for the dead.

I also think there should be a city or state run by weirdos and one that is pure desert.

@xYahTzeex
@KageKaioh

I agree that the Barbarians should be in Wintermane, one because the Barbarians of the Wintermane is kinda cool to me. But we would have to figure out what race they are. Yah, since you suggested Barbarians, what race do you think they should be or are they a collective of races? And Kage I like the idea that the Barbarians try to keep what is in the Frozenland in the Frozenland and vice versa. Maybe that could be a future quest, that the monsters of the Frozenland are pushing through the Barbarians.

@Crono

Yes, that is an important holiday to have! Since you called it do you have an idea for a name? Also how will it be celebrated? I like the concept of Dia de la muerte, the Spanish holiday of celebrating ancestors. I know there is a feast involved, which is one of the primary things for most holidays, but then should there be a battle arena for fighting for the glory and honor of one's family? Or should it be celebrated by taking care of burial grounds?

To be honest, when I was making it I thought Ysliderati would be a desert, well the Eastern side of it at least, the other would be jungle then a tundra towards Vendated Maal. But I am up to working with other ideas as well.

LET THE WEIRD PEOPLE BE THE GNOMES! Oh my gosh! Gnomes have spontaneous personalities and they are always getting themselves into trouble, so their ruler would do it equally as much, if not more because of his/her power.

@KageKaioh

What if an island magically appears in the middle of the Ice Front that people have to explore?

I think it should be called Fallensday and it should be celebrated by every one going to there family's graves at night with only a candle for light and singing softly in union. I could whip up the song lyrics if you like, and I think that no one is allowed to eat anything by sun set

Status
Not open for further replies.