Tales of Amaranthine [No more people]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was quite tempted to take the priest role myself, but I thought I'd have more fun with a sorcerer.

Hello! 'Tis the friend Kage spoke of, and I do have a few questions.

Firstly, do you have any restrictions on species, or is this strictly human? Wanting to know before I get ahead of myself. And am I to come up with the religion on my own, or do you have ideas on those already? And, there is the range of abilities granted by being a priest; is it strictly healing or are there defensive/offensive priest spells to use?

This is if you will have me, of course.

I'm interested, I'm curious though what's meant by sorcerer that's losing his touch... is that like his touch with reality maybe he's going nuts? Or is it that he's losing his touch with magic?

Either way I'd be up for the sorc. :)
I just imagine he found he first grey hair and instantly is like: "IM SO OLD"

Reactions: xYahTzeex
@Crono
@KageKaioh
@xYahTzeex
@Harper
@Drakina
I need to know what gender you guys will be playing so I can try to make sure it is close to even.
You all are not restricted to just human, if you guys want to be want to be some mythical creature like elf or demoness or something, you can work with it. Just make sure it goes with your character.

@KageKaioh
Good job for bringing your friend!

@xYahTzeex
I was too honestly, but I love thieves and I had a great idea of how this prophetic prose is really affecting her. I am so excited.

@Drakina
I answered your first question above. And second off priests can do most healing and defensive magic but if you were to face demons or undead I can see your magic taking a turn for the offensive. Also you can come up with your own religion or I can write one out or we can combine some thought if you need some help. Anyway is fine. If you know a video game religion you like or would even like to take it from a real life one, just change some names and you have it here. I will actually make a guild for this to write out religion, descriptions of places, and stuff like that so if you can think of anything feel free to add it in.

I am thinking a short race, like gnome or dwarf, female.

Thanks, though I really did not do anything special. I just started talking about it with her and she got hooked.

And, I am thinking either Fae/Elf or Fae/Human, Male.

I'm much more comfortable playing females, all of my attempts at males end up being extremely feminine. And looking at this list, I think I'll go human, they are usually the most populous race.

I have the beginnings of the character, and the religion in mind. Kage is helping me fully flesh out my ideas, mostly by posing important questions when I'm talking about what's on my mind. What I have so far is a polytheistic religion, where members of the priesthood will run orphanages. My priest started off in an orphanage and it seemed natural to become like the ones who took care of them. Still playing with why they grew up an orphan.

Do we get to know why/how all these different people with such varying backgrounds end up working together? Or did I miss that in a post?

I'm much more comfortable playing females, all of my attempts at males end up being extremely feminine. And looking at this list, I think I'll go human, they are usually the most populous race.

I have the beginnings of the character, and the religion in mind. Kage is helping me fully flesh out my ideas, mostly by posing important questions when I'm talking about what's on my mind. What I have so far is a polytheistic religion, where members of the priesthood will run orphanages. My priest started off in an orphanage and it seemed natural to become like the ones who took care of them. Still playing with why they grew up an orphan.

Do we get to know why/how all these different people with such varying backgrounds end up working together? Or did I miss that in a post?
I subjest the standard tavern meet due to all of them having something bothering them

I would prefer something a little less cliche, but I must admit the tavern theme is so cliched because it works.

Everyone
I think for the most part the gender is just about even, and if we have more female maybe there could be a female couple. It is just something to put out there.
Also, I think that there should be a little town that is affected by this blight that everyone has connections to and so they go back to do something about it and are the only ones there because reasons yet determined, and so they try to find answers with who has them. Or we can do groups of people meet up and then later they join together. It is up to a majority consensus. Though I would find it funny if the rogue and a priest were in a party together, just saying.

@Drakina
I think the main religion would be a Polytheistic or a Hellenistic so there may be common ground and I will tell you if I think there is. And many religions run orphanages so it would be understandable.

I'm up for just about anything when it comes to starting up and grouping.

How about we combine the ideas? These people are drawn to a certain place for unknown reasons, and slowly party up along the way, because traveling alone is never very practical. That way we can have either three parties of two, two parties of three or even a party of two and a party of four that meet at the location. I assume that is then where we begin the real journey.

With the way I'm planning on playing my character... I'm probably going to need someone to help take care of her as she's going to be losing touch with reality.

Can't choose the beast that wronged my little ranger:
image.jpg
Chillblood the void drake.
Or...
image.jpg
Cinder the mad hydra
Any ideas?

@KageKaioh
I was thinking along the same lines as you were I just don't know who will party with whom. Any ideas there, anyone?

@xYahTzeex
How would your character feel about partying with a rogue?

@Crono
Depends what are you going for? It really would be the location at which this incident happened and what kind of stuff was involved, for example the first looks like a dark magic was used to conjure the drake.

Everyone,
I got the profile made! I will post it and the code in my next post.

[bg=teal]
┏ N a m e ┐
-- Text

┏ A g e ┐
-- Text

┏ R a c e ┐
-- Text

┏ G e n d e r ┐
-- Text

┏ P r o p h e t i c - R o l e ┐
-- Text

┏ S k i l l s ┐
---[Skill name] Text
---[Skill name] Text
---[Skill name] Text
Include here what your character fights with as well as any skills that would be beneficial to adventuring. Please have three to five skills. Leave brackets so we can easily identify the skill and copy and paste for more skills.

┏ A p p e a r a n c e ┐
-- Link or Text
Please use anime only.

┏ B i o g r a p h y ┐
-- Text
Please make it at least two paragraphs which is ten to sixteen sentences long. Try to include parts of the reason you have the role, for example, who did the ranger lose, how did the ranger lose the person, whatever you feel comfortable sharing. Also know that you can list the information here and our characters will not automatically know about it, we will try to lower the amount of meta-gaming so don't worry about that.

┏ O t h e r ┐
-- Text
Other information that you think is important to the character but was not included.

[/bg]

The code does not use the colors so you will have to hit reply and copy the code. Sorry guys.

Honestly I have a story for both of them and I just wanna know which one you think is cooler
^-^"

Status
Not open for further replies.