Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Character Applications and List and here is the Info Dump!!
But don't forget the most important part....the IC Thread!!

You push through the crowded streets of Norcrest. It is the first year you have had the opportunity to attend the Festival of the Eternal Slumber, a festival in honor of the many oracles who have sacrificed themselves to hold back the shadows that once consumed all of Aganoth. The past few Festivals have been enormous since the current oracle is none other than Princess Ayalaiah, daughter of King Ikaros Drakon. Whatever your motives for coming to the festival, you can’t help but feel the energy of those around you as they are eagerly awaiting the King’s speech.

Making your way to the square, you let out a sigh of relief as you notice a spot where you can comfortably stand despite the sheer amount of people in proximity. You grunt as you squeeze through until you practically fall into the space you had been eyeing. A victorious breath escapes your lips as you lean against the wall, your eyes locked on the stage lined with heavily armed soldiers.

Time passes. You shade your eyes as the sun reaches its pinnacle. You begin to grow impatient when you accidently overhear the conversation beside you.

“I swear ta ya. I ain’t no liar, Danja. I saw it with me own eyes!”

“Magic ain’t real, Bruto. It’s nuttin’ more than a story parents tell their children,” the woman you assume to be Danja replies.

“I’m tellin’ ya, Danja. Harald was beatin’ Ebba when she put up her hand like this,” Bruto thrust his hand out palm extended toward Danja’s face, “He went flyin’ through the air like ole Robert when Etzel’s bull hit ‘em.”

You watch as Danja studies Bruto for a moment, a smile forming over her lips as you can only assume she is remembering the event mentioned. Suddenly she reaches out and grabs Bruto’s mug snatching it from his hands, “Me thinks you drinking ‘nough,” she says with a smile.

Bruto’s mouth opens in protest as his hands quickly grab his drink, “Gimme that,” he cries out. Once his drink is safely in his hand and Danja finishes laughing, he speaks up again, “Fine, don’t believe me. But I ain’t no liar.”

Your thoughts wonder to the tales you’ve heard about magic. The Gods bestowed it to man millennia ago as a tool to help them build, farm, and care for all their creations, but when the Gods disappeared, so did man’s guidance and restraint. Magic, without its teachers, corrupted mankind and spiraled Agganoth into a war that would claim countless in its wake. The stories speak of a group of paladins called the Aegis of Olric that devised a series of seals that locked away the mystical force removing destructive magic from ever being used again. Depending on the storyteller, you have even heard that all magic had been locked away to never be used again. With all the fantastical stories you’ve heard, one seems to send chills down your spine; the one of the Shadowmancer, Kiaros. You recall the nightmares you had when you were a child and had first heard the tale. You swallow hard and them smirk.

Magic isn’t real, so you have nothing to worry about.

A sudden commotion grips your attention. You watch as several of the guards step down from the platform and shove their way through the crowd. The curiosity of the crowd silences them enough for you to hear a faint voice coming from a young woman you can only see when people move a certain way.

“Get away from me! Don’t touch me! I’m warning you!”

It doesn’t seem like the guards are paying the woman any mind as they continue their march to her. Something tugs at you inwardly warning you that you might want to run, but you push it aside in the name of seeing this event through. You watch as the first guard reaches out and grabs the woman’s arm. She lets out a scream and the next thing you hear is a loud crack. Something slams against your chest throwing, and everyone else around you, back. Your head smacks hard against the streets. You look up through blurry eyes and after a few blinks you are able to raise your head enough to survey the damage. Destruction, flames, and the stench of death flood your senses. If it were not for the ringing in your ears, you could swear you would hear screaming. Suddenly, your vision begins to darken. One thought flashes across your mind as you lose yourself to the darkness.
Magic is real.

Welcome to the land of Agganoth! Life has been normal since you can remember, but with the breaking of the first seal, magic has begun to invade the lives of those who have a natural affinity to it. Ordinary people as well as those considered well off find themselves suddenly able to do things they were not able to do only moments before. Some are frightened while others embrace it. While they have these differences, one thing they both have in common is that they have no idea what this means for the people of Agganoth!

This is a Fantasy rp set in a medieval theme. You can play a character who suddenly has the ability to do things they weren't able to do or simply a person who's life has been changed because someone else has magic now. Either way, it will take both the gifted and ungifted in order to save the realm from the threat that also found its freedom in the breaking of the seals.

This is the OOC thread where discussions about the story can take place. If you have questions, ask them here and I will clarify them as best I know how. There is a link at the top that will take you to the character list and, eventually, the info dump. I look forward to playing with you all! Please read the rules before you decide to sign up!

1. Communicate. I know that some of us have very busy schedules and because of that, I am only asking that you try to write one post a week so that the story can progress. If you lose interest or cannot post, let us know so we can keep the story alive everyone involved.

2. Your character is not invincible. All players who opt to have a character who can now use magic will be playing a character who knows nothing of it and has to learn as you go. You character is not God, is not indestructible, and will not land every blow. Be realistic guys.

3. Be courteous of others. Be mindful when writing to not over-step your boundaries. If you are writing a scene with multiple characters, communicate with the other players and even collaborate on a post. Work together to write a great story; not against each other.

4.Posting Expectations. As stated above, I'm asking for one post a week barring extenuating circumstances. I am a college student, full-time employee, and a family man so I understand being busy. Also, I prefer that all players play at an Intermediate level at least. Sorry if this doesn't fit you, but I tend to enjoy that level of writing so much more.

5. I am the GM. My word is law. Having said that, I REALLY like hearing what players have to say because they can bring a fresh perspective that I did not think about. While I have the basic plot in mind, how we get there is up to US. Get involved. Throw some ideas my way and we can discuss if they can fit. If they don't, please don't take it personal. It has nothing to do with you and everything to do with the continuity of the story!

@BlueFadedRose @Kat @RJS @Elle Joyner @Ultra Paradox

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: Reina and Greenie
This looks great - A few questions to start. Do you have a specific character sheet in mind? Things we'll need to include in it...

As for the magic, what sort of magic is this? Is there a specific idea you're thinking for it or some source of reference we could consider?

This looks great - A few questions to start. Do you have a specific character sheet in mind? Things we'll need to include in it...

As for the magic, what sort of magic is this? Is there a specific idea you're thinking for it or some source of reference we could consider?

Absolutely. I'm currently putting together an Info Dump that has a section on Magic. Should be ready shortly. Also, you can access the Character Sheet Template through the Link at the top.

OH wow XD haha. I totally missed that link XD Brilliant :)

Reactions: DarinValore
Alrighty, @Elle Joyner , basic magic info is up. Feel free to ask any questions. You can access it quickly from the link edited in above.

The thread prefixes are a bit confusing to me. Do we post character sheets in here or in the Character Index? Sorry for the dumb question, just want to make sure since usually the thread with the "Open Signups" prefix's where the character sheets go, and some GM only allow someone to post in "Character Index" once their application's already approved.

Are we allowed to be any kind of species or are we only restricted to certain kinds? ^.^

A few more questions. I know you're getting the info dump put together, so if my question'll be answered there please feel free to ignore me XD -- What's the general political environment like? Are we looking at a peaceful land... A land that's marred by disputes here and there? Full on Game of Thrones disaster area?

Also Agganoth is the whole of the land itself, correct? And we'll get areas/locations and the like as they come? Are we looking at a singular monarchy? Kingdoms stretched throughout?

And as far as the CS goes - what's your preference on coding? Are you okay with code or do you prefer we keep it simple? And do you want us to post only when it's done, or can we edit it as we go?

AND last one, I swear XD How long has it been since the incident in Norcrest? As in how long have the had the magic if they have it?

Last edited:
I'm having trouble deciding on FCs oml. The bane of FC hunting. XD

Ooh- One thing I was wondering about was—for the lack of a better way to put this—the society's opinion on magic in general? Something like 'has it been absent from public conscience for so long' that no one knows what to think about it? Or maybe even that there's a stigma that still hangs about it be it good or bad. Looking at the info dump definitely makes the magic seem like it would be capable of awesome things.

Seems like it'll be good regardless! Can't wait to get things together for something like this.

How many people do we currently have in this rp? Or rather, what will be the max. number?

Hello! I have a question regarding life magic, since it’s the affinity I’m planning on giving my character. I was curious if life magic users can heal all wounds including grievous wounds or if it’s limited to only grievous wounds. Also, would life magic users be able to heal illness as well? Thanks!

Poor guy, waking up to 10 000 questions

Poor guy, waking up to 10 000 questions
This. =D

Alrighty, let's get to it then, eh?

The thread prefixes are a bit confusing to me. Do we post character sheets in here or in the Character Index? Sorry for the dumb question, just want to make sure since usually the thread with the "Open Signups" prefix's where the character sheets go, and some GM only allow someone to post in "Character Index" once their application's already approved.

You can post it in the Character Index, I'll read over it and let you know if there are any adjustments that need to be made. When/if your character is accepted, I'll add it to a list that will be stickied in the Character Index for quick referencing.

Are we allowed to be any kind of species or are we only restricted to certain kinds? ^.^

With the loss of magic came the loss of most of the magical races. Humanity is the playable race though I am open to possibly allowing another IF and ONLY IF you can give me a convincing reason. :D

A few more questions. I know you're getting the info dump put together, so if my question'll be answered there please feel free to ignore me XD -- What's the general political environment like? Are we looking at a peaceful land... A land that's marred by disputes here and there? Full on Game of Thrones disaster area?

Also Agganoth is the whole of the land itself, correct? And we'll get areas/locations and the like as they come? Are we looking at a singular monarchy? Kingdoms stretched throughout?

And as far as the CS goes - what's your preference on coding? Are you okay with code or do you prefer we keep it simple? And do you want us to post only when it's done, or can we edit it as we go?

AND last one, I swear XD How long has it been since the incident in Norcrest? As in how long have the had the magic if they have it?

I'll answer your questions in order:

1. This all will be in the dump hopefully today. I ran out of time yesterday and will be working on it as much as I can during the day. The short answer is that there are five major area (kingdoms and such) of the known world. I'll break them down and explain them in the dump, again, hopefully today.

2. Agganoth is the whole of the land, yes. Yes, there are five realms and there will be forests, ruins, etc. We are currently looking at four kingdoms and a confederation of desert tribes.

3. I don't have a preference for coding. If you want to make it look all pretty, more power to you. I simply do not know how to do all the fancy stuff so mine'll be pretty plane Jane. You can put it up for editing later, I just can't okay it until it's finished or close to it.

4. The story will begin that fateful morning so it has not yet happened. You characters will be given magic during our tale. Everyone that is playing a person with magic will be playing someone who is just coming into it and will have to learn how to use it. The school of magic that is your affinity will be the easiest to learn and cast.

P.S. Ask as many questions as you'd like. I want you guys as informed as possible and sometimes I miss putting things up for you to know. :D

Ooh- One thing I was wondering about was—for the lack of a better way to put this—the society's opinion on magic in general? Something like 'has it been absent from public conscience for so long' that no one knows what to think about it? Or maybe even that there's a stigma that still hangs about it be it good or bad. Looking at the info dump definitely makes the magic seem like it would be capable of awesome things.

Seems like it'll be good regardless! Can't wait to get things together for something like this.

Magic has only been a thing of stories for thousands of years. We are far enough away from the original events that many, if not most, people view magic as nothing more than aspects of legends. How they will react now depends entirely on the character (or NPC). Some will embrace it having loved the legends of old. Others will fear it out of not understanding it. There will be a large range of reactions.

How many people do we currently have in this rp? Or rather, what will be the max. number?

Right now, I tagged 5 in the original post. I'm open to a few more as the players may slip off into groups to handle more than one crisis at a time. :D. Ultimately, we'll see who all wants in and go from there.

Hello! I have a question regarding life magic, since it’s the affinity I’m planning on giving my character. I was curious if life magic users can heal all wounds including grievous wounds or if it’s limited to only grievous wounds. Also, would life magic users be able to heal illness as well? Thanks!

Yes. and Yes. Haha. Life magic can heal any wound and even diseases.

Alrighty. I think I answered everyone's questions for now. Time to work on the dump.

@Jays @Kat @Elle Joyner @BlueFadedRose @Wishlist

• Love
Reactions: BlueFadedRose
Sweet deal! Thanks :) Looking forward to reading that world building (Imayhaveanactualworldbuildingaddiction)

Thank you for answering my questions! x) *back to fc hunting*

Ok... I've got two possibilities... The question is which one do I choose...

Charlie Murphy.jpg Sophie Rundle.jpg

@Kat Tough choice :P.

Aaand I forgot I had another pic saved... Lovely. XD

EDIT: Will there be a visual map of Agganoth??

(*subtly slips in that if there isn't one.. Elle lives for making maps*)

• Love
Reactions: junebug