Tales from the Mojave: A Fallout New Vegas RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Castius was the last one in the group, the place of the sniper. "If you're really afraid of some little bandits then I can just take a position up high. I don't really sleep at night.... and trust me, you'll hear the shot." He said as he shifted the giant rifle. It was a .50 caliber round, which he bought twenty more of at silver rush. The sun was beating down on the group more than it normally would. He took a sip of a bottle of water, he had three so he had to ration them out, until he could get to a lake. ".... What do you think they got in the cases?"

The Brotherhood Paladin put her helmet back on and chuckled softly when they worried about night combat. "Watch cycles are good for that. I have night vision in my helmet and can even sleep in armor. In addition, it is hard to avoid notice with fire at night. My heavy incinerator will give us ample vision of our dear, stupid raiders. Anyone scared of being shot should simply step behind me. My armor can take it." With that, she gave her chest piece a couple good hits from her fist, letting that noise ring a bit. "As for their cargo, it is probably contraband of some sort. When people act sketchy, they usually are wanting their side businesses kept secret."

As soon as he spotted the raiders, Tycho fired a shot from his varmint rifle in their direction to let them know they were in range and so he didn't spend his more valuable .308 ammo. He had bought a wide variety of ammo types the night before from the Gun Runners at considerable cost, so he didn't want to waste them yet.

Tycho listened to Castius' and Roskva's speculation as to the nature of the goods they were delivering before adding his two caps. "Explosives, rigged to blow as soon as someone tampers with the loot." He stated matter-of-factly. "If they really wanted us to move goods for them, they'd have sent some of their own guards with us so we didn't get any fresh ideas with their loot. They probably expect us to either die taking out as many as possible or run at the first sign of trouble. Either way, bad guys get the caravan, open the loot, boom, revenge for the Van Graffs. Then they don't have to pay us since we either died or failed getting the stuff to Shady Sands in the first place."

He looked around at the reactions he was getting with a scowl. "You don't live half as long as I do in this business without a considerable amount of paranoia on your side. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna keep my fuckin' distance from the caravan and do what I do best: scout ahead." The short ghoul started jogging off ahead of the caravan.

"He's just a bundle of dead skin and joy ain't he?" Douglas retorted as the ghoul trotted off. He moved from his position behind the brahmin seeing as he didnt want to catch a stray bullet from anywhere, and he could keep the cadence of the brahmin to match the guards.
"The cases however. I would have to agree with the ghoul, Van Graffs are a particular sort of company, and that does sound like a tactic they would use."
He blew a small smoke ring, his head bobbing as he thought.
"Long ways ahead of us anywho, may take the time to plan out our stops, get to know each other maybe too, seein' as we are all in it for the long haul."
His eyes drifted from the Paladin, to the one carrying the long rifle.

Reactions: Grothnor
Roskva sighed inwardly. This ghoul might be problematic if he doesn't a get a lid on it. To Douglas, her response was calm but blunt. "As long as he pulls his weight and keeps a lid on the outbursts, he can be serviceable. If not, we can figure out a more pleasing solution." She took position at the front of the caravan. As she walked, she took only a minute or two to do a check of her weapons. All seemed fine. no tampering by the guard. She readied her incinerator and turned on her HUD in her helmet. Better safe than sorry, after all.

The Paladin entered into a habitual patrol mentality, her head scanning the horizon and kept note of possible ambush points. When nearing one, she would orient her weapon and stance to it, ensuring proper coverage. Despite her vigilance, she did not go entirely silent. She did respond to Douglas wanting more info. "The question is whether you really want to know about me. You might learn about things I've done that make even raiders cringe."

Last edited:
William walked along side of one of the shipment, the statement the ghoul made was plausible but the Van Graffs seemed more like the do it themselves type of people st least so that they would be able to confirm the kill though anything was possible. He heard Douglas's suggestion and Roskva's response, while he didn't doubt her claim he did doubt he was any worse then the rest of them here. "No." William responded to Douglas, he realized how that sounded so he amended his statement. "Listen I don't mean to sound like an ass but my past is something I don't like to mention especially to strangers, and you all are still strangers to me so until we all get at least halfway through this little journey of ours imma be tight lipped about my past."

As Tycho jogged ahead of the main group, he could see the retreating raiders as they dropped behind a rise in the terrain, slipping out of his sight. When the group finally reached the crest, there was no sign of the trio, who had obviously gone to ground. Though they all kept their eyes peeled, no other people could be seen in the area, just dust dancing in the wind and the occasional gecko wandering in the distance. In spite of this peaceful atmosphere, the silence was nothing but unnerving. The small-scale attack had set them on edge, and none of the group could shake the feeling that they were being watched.

As the sun finally began to dip below the horizon, the group set up camp in the shelter of a shattered fragment of road, now lifted clean off the ground and resting against a large boulder. Between them, a small fire was soon burning in a small hollow. All seemed well, and the paranoia of the day drifted from their minds.

Suddenly, the sharp crack of a gunshot. Another two followed, spaced at regular intervals. A mocking laugh. "Hello little micies! Why don't you crawl out of your hole?" Another two gunshots, same calibre as the last.

Tycho had elected not to spend the night with his his new companions, or even return to them at all. The way he figured, he was best alone and they didn't need to hear his bitching, so he had laid prone and took a firing position in the direction of the camp, camouflaged neatly with the rocks. He had dozed off looking into his varmint rifle's night scope and was sleeping lightly when the gunshots woke him. He quickly readied his sniper rifle and took aim at the silhouettes of the bandits, faintly illuminated faintly by the dying campfire.

"Alright, you pricks," Tycho growled softly as he lined up the crosshairs on one of the bandits, "Time scratch out some more shit stains."

Roskva had been on watch. As soon as the first shot cracked through the air, she was up and searching through her night vision. More shots came and a taunt echoed. That was a bad move for them. The Paladin stomped the ground loudly to wake her companions as she went into full bloodlust. The raiders got the treat of a very pissed off, highly trained special forces Brotherhood member appearing gun blazing. Heavy incinerator rounds flew through the air as soon as she had a bead on a target. They heard no sound from the giant woman. Their unnerving silence earlier was likely to keep hidden. Her silence now was an intimidation tactic.

Despite her obvious and offensive reaction, she was mindful to maintain cover and remain ready to duck behind it should return fire come. As much as she loved seeing the ashes of her fallen foes, she was not willing to expose herself or her armor unnecessarily.

The sudden appearance of Roskva startled the bandits, who had turned around and started to head away from the campsite. A couple who were slower than the rest were caught in the barrage of fire, but four more slipped away at high speed, weaving across the ground. One collapsed as Tycho placed a bullet into his leg, but the other three moved too fast and, like in the morning, disappeared from sight. As the others shook themselves awake, the peaceful quiet had returned, punctuated only by the sobs of the wounded bandit as he attempted to place a bandage over his wounded leg. Night had truly fallen by this point, and he had become a silhouette against a sky full of stars. The ground itself was lost in nearly inky darkness.

William was angry as his sleep had been interrupted, he growled as he pulled out his 357. and stalked off towards the now wounded raider who tried to get away but a shot near his head stopped that. William grabbed him and started to drag him back to the camp, when he got there with the man he spoke. "Well i'm in a bad mood now so do any of you want to interrogate him or shall I?" He asked hoping someone else would do it as he just wanted to get to sleep again less he take his anger on this unfortunate bandit who seemed absolutely terrified by Roskva now that he was up near the power suited woman.

"Let's not get ourselves all worked up now." Answered Douglas as he finished calming the startled pack Brahmin. He dusted his hands off and walked over to the huddle, his eyes fixed on the Bandit as he un-holstered his Defender.
"Interrogating a bandit will get us exactly what we see now, his kind see a caravan, kill it, takes the prize to sell for jet, hydra or other shit. Ain't that correct?" He knelt down at the dirty man practically filling his britches at the sight of the paladin.
" I vote we just get rid of him, keepin' him alive wont do us nothin' but trouble if he get away, specially if his friends come around again."
Douglas flicked off the safety to his weapon, and stood, tossing the butt of his used up cigarette down at the raider. He ought to blast him right then and there but he had to respect the others thoughts he supposed, listening to himself think, someone would say he was catching an old world mentality.

Roskva's already impressive natural height was amplified by the extra height her armor gave her. It seemed she had a nice, scary effect on the poor living raider. No matter whether he was still shooting or not, she still had quite the thirst for killing still in her system. She finally said something, mostly to the group as a whole. "Killing him with our guns will simply waste ammo. If we do kill him, allow me to do the honors with my power fist. A Paladin is always happy to remove such abominations from existence." With that, she flicked her Incinerator off and set it aside. She then primed her power fist and knelt in front of the bandit. "I see it like this. You have two choices. You can either tell us something valuable, or I separate your head from your shoulders. What will it be?"

Tycho slunk silently back into camp, materializing from he shadows at the edge of the camp. He stood off a ways and just watched the group from a short distance, listening to their argument. In his mind, there was no best option with the prisoner situation. If grilled for info, there's no way of telling if he was lying or not, and he was definitely a liability if left alive, or even worse, released. He sat at the edge of the light cast by the fire and observed how the group dealt with the raider.

The bandit was now thoroughly shaking, though whether from shock or from loss of blood the group did not know. He seemed to huddle himself into the shelter of the group's camp as if trying to hide himself away from anyone outside the camp. "M-m-m-m-mercy please!! I swear, I'll tell you any fuckin thing you wanna know! I'll sing like Dean fuckin Domino, but you gotta help me! There's a bomb strapped to me - if Vulcan and his boys find out I'm here, they'll blast the fuck outta me and anything nearby! I don't wanna die! Defuse the shitter and get it the fuck away from me, and I'll tell you anything, I swear!" With that said, he yanked his jacket open to reveal a block of C4 wired onto his shirt. It was clearly rigged so that it would require defusing before it could be safely removed. Pale-faced and sweating, the raider looked at them with begging eyes. "If I blow, so does your information. So does your camp, your caravan. I dunno how much longer till they decide to blow it up anyway - he's done it before, he'll do it again!"

"Atom's tits!" Tycho swore as he pushed his way forward towards the heaping handful of explosives the bandit pulled from his jacket. Pulling out his trench knife, he waved it in the bandit's face and said, "Hold still or I'll just kill you," before grabbing him by the collar and dragging him towards the fire and cutting his jacket open to get the best view of the bomb rig. He unspooled a bunch of coiled up wires and pulled the block of C4 out towards him. Shrugging off his camo cloak, he laid it on the ground and placed the block of C4 on it. "You know, if any of you pricks wanna help, get me some light." Three wires were sticking out of the block of C4. That means up to three blasting caps. Tycho ran his knife lightly across the top of the rectangular block parallel to the first wire and started peeling the C4 apart. "Heh, this is my kind of pottery class," he joked, poking fun at the explosive's texture. He found a blasting cap and wedged it out of the clay-like explosives with his knife. Handing the wire the cap was attached to to the bandit, Tycho repeated the process with the other two wires. The second one was dummy, just a wire stuck into the C4. "Oh, so this guy thinks he's smart, does he?" Tycho murmured to himself before slicing into the block again, only to pull out yet another dummy wire. Tycho looked almost disappointed. "Dumbass, where'd you learn bombmaking, the movies?" His only response was a small pop and a yelp from the bandit as the blasting cap he was holding went off.

As he was dragged by Tycho, the bandit howled as his wounded leg jarred against the rocky floor. With little he could do however, he was forced to watch as the ghoul set to work on the wires. With the job done, and his shock at the detonation of the cap over, he collapsed shaking. "Fuckin hell. Any later and I'd be goddamn mincemeat...shit shit shit shit shit. Thank fuck you know what you're fuckin doing. Ask me anything. Everything. Those fucks woulda killed me, so they can go the fuck to hell for all I care. Sick of Vulcan's bullshit. Sick of being a goddamn pawn in some shitty cat and mouse game. Bunker could crush them for all I care."

Status
Not open for further replies.