Tales from the Mojave: A Fallout New Vegas RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Roskva "Cremator" Steinvegg
Appearance:
remnant_power_armor_by_drakorius_arcanum-d377nf7.png

Armor has East Coast Brotherhood of Steel symbol on the shoulder plates. Stands at an impressive 7'2". Under her armor, she is well-muscled with salient green eyes and auburn hair flowing down to her hips. Her skin is fair but not pale. Her entire body has flame-like green tattoos. Her facial features are strong and pronounced, but they are still feminine in form.

Personality: True to her nickname, Roskva cremates her enemies. They do not survive encounters with her if she can still fire at them. As a result of her bloodlust, she has trouble calming down following a fight. During this cooldown period, she will actively search for enemies or stand guard if none are found. Once cooled down, Roskva rests. Her bloodlust leads her to massive physical and mental stress that requires recharging. She can go into battle during the rest period, but it will increase the time needed to rest exponentially.

Time outside of battle is spent making survival items, hunting and scrounging for food, and training. If she completes all of it and has free time, she will write in her journal or add an additional training session. If she is well supplied and in down time between missions, she spends free time reading, singing, and telling stories. She does not drink alcohol, instead preferring Nuka-Cola. Normally, she will drink purified water or cactus water. Her diet is well balanced due to hunting and scavenging for meat and plants. If she feels truly private, she will pull out Caitlyn's holotags and hold them.

Roskva can often be blunt and hard to relate to. She makes no attempt to be smooth or charismatic. She also holds no inhibitions about pointing out flaws and problems. Those that take offense to it confuse her. She is used to improvement and fixing flaws and issues as they arise, so resistance to that concept never comes to her mind. Despite being one of the least charismatic people imaginable, she has a big heart and really does desire her companions to improve and become better. Privately, friends can expect her to treat them well. If she ever has another romantic partner, she will treat them extremely affectionately, though she is naturally inclined to always come off as a bit detached despite her strong emotional investment.

She defends her companions, usually taking point and scouting for traps, ambushes, and possible escape routes. Tactical withdraw is not unusual if she thinks the risk is too high. To her, a mission comes second to preserving the lives of her team. Unlike her Enclave family and acquaintances, she views all intelligent wastelanders as people to help. Her disillusionment with Enclave practices and time spent with an East Coast Brotherhood of Steel Paladin rubbed off on her, giving her the desire to help non-hostile people of the Wastes and defend them from threats.

Backstory: Growing up in the East Coast Enclave, Roskva began training as a soldier from an early age. Their doctrines were drilled into her. Once she was old enough, Roskva entered the military. She rose quickly through the ranks into Sigma Team. There, she became a Hellfire Trooper. Her squadmates took note of her brutality. Even for Enclave soldiers, she was brutal. This caught the attention of Enclave scientists. They decided to enter her into a secret program to develop stronger Hellfire Armor. She tested a few prototypes until the first production model came. Then, she was reinserted into active duty Sigma Team with the armor. The first mission was in the year 2273. Her team got pinned down by Brotherhood Paladins. Of her team, she ended up the only survivor. While the Brotherhood moved in, Super Mutants fell on them. Paladins fell left and right. Roskva had to move position to prevent getting pinned down again. The hole she found herself in resulted in getting pinned down. Looking to the other occupant, she noticed it was a Paladin. With both the only survivors of the attack, Roskva and the Paladin, named Caitlyn, decided upon an uneasy truce. They fought the mutants for hours. During which, to keep each other sane, they talked to one another. Following the death of the last mutant, Roskva and Caitlyn sat down for the rest of the day, cooling off and talking. Through their discussion, Roskva found the Brotherhood's goals to be agreeable. Caitlyn invited the Enclave soldier to travel with her on the patrol. Their patrol lasted a few days. In those days, Roskva saw the atrocities Enclave soldiers committed to the common people. She grew increasingly disillusioned, to the point of voicing that she was leaving the Enclave and taking the equipment with her. Caitlyn offered to let her join the East Coast Brotherhood. Roskva accepted and the duo returned to the Citadel. After a nearly deadly encounter with the guards, Caitlyn vouched for Roskva. Following entrances, Elder Lyons allowed the defection after Roskva explained her position and desires. She was given the title of Paladin due to her extensive training and Caitlyn's destroyed squad was bolstered by two recruits and Roskva.

The two spent much of their time away from the Citadel, patrolling and helping people. Over time, the two women developed a romantic relationship. By 2276, they had become nearly inseparable. Unfortunately, a run in with Enclave soldiers led to Caitlyn's death. Unable to retrieve the body, Roskva only obtained her holotags. She returned to Elder Lyons, requesting permission to leave for the Mojave to establish a presence there. He, likely understanding her grief, let her leave and keep the holotags. Roskva arrived in the Mojave just weeks ago. She knows the Brotherhood is here, but her East Coast affiliation would get her shot. She needs to find recruits and establish a secured base.

SPECIAL (30 points):
S 6
P 6
E 10
C 1
I 3
A 3
L 1

Tag Skills (3):
Survival
Unarmed
Energy Weapons

Equipment:

Experimental Mk II Hellfire Power Armor (+2 Strength, -1 Charisma, 50% fire resist, 40% radiation resist, DT 30 [equal to T-60])
Heavy Incinerator
Power Fist
2 Silver Sting
2 Mother Darkness
6 Healing Powder
4 Cactus Water
2 Journals and supplies to write in them
Caitlyn's Holotags
Accepted, but bear in mind that not everyone will be pleased to see Enclave armor, especially given their history in the West.

Indeed, hence the -1 Charisma, but it also prominently bears Brotherhood of Steel signs on its shoulders. Her actions will reflect the East Coast Brotherhood, so people may get really confused

As long as you're ok with how screwy things could get with that mix, that's A-ok :P

Indeed we are. I will try and have the IC up in the next couple of days, but it may be a bit later due to my work weeks currently being very front-loaded.

Yo, @RJS - Do you think I should edit out the bit about the super mutant baby-sitter, or are you good with it? My thought was that, if it makes sense to you, the mutant could have been a visitor from Jacobstown or a random wanderer who wound up getting injured and, while still able to function and defend himself, wouldn't be able to really travel far away anymore.

As far as the reasoning for him being in Martin's employ, I'd say that he'd have been a bit more accepting of the mutant (Or seem to be, at least) and offer him work as a kindness. The truth of it would be that he was using him as a scarecrow, considering no one can deny super mutants are intimidating. The young woman that helped to take care of Alexandra would have been provided arms and instruction to keep a close watch on the mutant though.

Last edited:
Yo, @RJS - Do you think I should edit out the bit about the super mutant baby-sitter, or are you good with it? My thought was that, if it makes sense to you, the mutant could have been a visitor from Jacobstown or a random wanderer who wound up getting injured and, while still able to function and defend himself, wouldn't be able to really travel far away anymore.

As far as the reasoning for him being in Martin's employ, I'd say that he'd have been a bit more accepting of the mutant (Or seem to be, at least) and offer him work as a kindness. The truth of it would be that he was using him as a scarecrow, considering no one can deny super mutants are intimidating. The young woman that helped to take care of Alexandra would have been provided arms and instruction to keep a close watch on the mutant though.
Up to you. I'm not massively fussed about it, just it struck me as a bit odd is all.

Up to you. I'm not massively fussed about it, just it struck me as a bit odd is all.
I could easily just change that to a family friend or something. I'll do that in a bit, I think.

any pointers for my character, does he fit into the lore? or is there anything I can change?

Well this is a motley crew if I've ever seen one.

any pointers for my character, does he fit into the lore? or is there anything I can change?
Change your extra ammo from Micro-fusion Cells to Standard Energy Cells. Plasma Defenders don't use MFC. :P

Other than that, I'd say you're good.

Reactions: LVL1337N00B
Change your extra ammo from Micro-fusion Cells to Standard Energy Cells. Plasma Defenders don't use MFC. :P

Other than that, I'd say you're good.
I just imagined his character smacking the plasma defender with the MFCs yelling about why it wont fit as we are getting shot at.

Okay, edited out the super mutant bit. The more I thought about it, the less I liked the idea anyway. I was barely awake when I originally wrote it, heh.

You know most people stay away from the brush gun in Fallout:NV due to those iron sights and even though the damage is about an assigned number rather than the bullet itself I still like to think that the 45-70 Govt round which is a .45 caliber 405 grain projectile over 70 grains of gun powder for a muzzle velocity of roughly 1200fps hits harder than then RNG Jesus allows but that's just me.

You know most people stay away from the brush gun in Fallout:NV due to those iron sights and even though the damage is about an assigned number rather than the bullet itself I still like to think that the 45-70 Govt round which is a .45 caliber 405 grain projectile over 70 grains of gun powder for a muzzle velocity of roughly 1200fps hits harder than then RNG Jesus allows but that's just me.
I don't see why people dislike iron-sights. I feel like they add to the immersion, yo.

I liked the iron sights in FNV too. It let you see the weapon sway that was kinda invisible in F3, and if you can see it, you can compensate for it (instead of just pumping as many bullets as you can at your target and wondering why half aren't hitting, even if the target is dead set in the crosshairs).

Reactions: LVL1337N00B
Status
Not open for further replies.