3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Romance, modern, comedy, post-apocalyptic, slice of life.
tfi gold.png

Welcome one and all to the fourth TFI: Tales from Iwaku event!

I'm Pav, your host and fellow lover of the written arts. This event is meant to be an open challenge for the talented people here to both show off their work and read the works of others! Here's how it works: a few possible themes will need to be incorporated by the writers into a written piece of any format, be it a short story, a poem, song lyrics, a manuscript or even a diss track. Whatever they feel works best. Those submissions, at the end of the month, will be posted up for people to read and give feedback on. A public reading of the pieces (with the author's consent!) will also be done in the Iwaku Discord Server, to share more thoughts on each submission.

TFI will officially be open to submissions from April 1st to May 30th. The date of the call on the server will be determined after submissions close.

So, what are the possible themes to choose from this time? Look no further, because they are:
- afterlife
- revenge
- unhealthy relationships

Only one theme needs to be incorporated into each submission, but you're free to use multiple if you want! It'll earn you extra Pav-Points, which have no financial value, but hey, at least I'll think you're super cool.

You might be thinking at this point, are there any prizes for joining? The answer is: YES! The winners will be able to choose from multiple different prizes, with first having first dibs, second picking next, then third receiving whatever is left. Everyone will receive two prizes, one from our prize pool and one design package (info down below!)

We will be doing a judging panel again this time around, so please welcome to the judging panel two wonderful mods: @rissa and @Kanma ! These two have generously decided to join me. We can't wait to read all your submissions!

I really look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with and see you soon!
Feel free to ask any questions, discuss ideas or profess your undying love to me down below.

• All submissions must be under 2000 words. Any submission longer than this will be automatically disqualified. Please note that if your entry is longer than 1000 words, it might not get read out over call due to how long it would take (it'll depend on how many submissions come in!)
  • All submissions must follow Iwaku rules.
  • The submission should, of course, be your own work and not anyone else's. Fanfiction is allowed, provided that you state what fandom the work is based on. However, just know that the judges who do not know this fandom might not understand your piece fully when voting!
  • The submission should include at least one of the selected themes for the month.
  • The submission cannot contain explicit content. Mentions of such things may occur, but you cannot submit full smut. If there is anything potentially triggering content (ex. Self harm, suicide, etc) in your piece, please leave a trigger tag at the beginning as well.
  • J8dwtzh.png
To submit a piece, please PM me and title the PM "TFI ENTRY" with this little form filled out to go with it!

Title of the piece:
Word Count:
Chosen theme(s):
Chosen format: (Short story, poetry, rap, joke master list... You get the idea.)

Remain Anonymous?: Yes or No
Permission to read aloud during call?: Yes or No
If you win, do we have your permission to put your piece in the TFI Showcasing Thread?: Yes (Anon) or Yes (Credited) or No
There will be no vote this time around, simply a deliberation between the threes judges mentioned above. We will be judging the pieces based on the incorporation of the chosen theme(s), the ease of reading and how complete the story is. Grammar will not be a huge deciding factor in judging, we care more about the story you have to tell! We will try to have everything judged ASAP but please allow us time to discuss!

The prizes for winning can be transferred to someone else if you so choose as well, but you must tell any staff member that contacts you about winning before the prize is given.

The winners will also (with their permission) have their pieces placed in the TFI Showcasing thread, as well as a new trophy for the 1st place winner!

Prize pool (in no order, since prizes will be chosen by winners!):
- a half body digital sketch commission from yours truly, me! <3
- a Steam key for the game Planet Zoo (provided by the lovely @Absinthe)
- a Steam key for the game Yes, Your Grace (also from Absinthe :D)
As well as one option from @rissa 's design package for every winner! (Meaning everyone gets 2 whole prizes! WOOOO)

Details on art from me:
- I'm not great with muscled men but I'll try my best for you if you want.
- I do not draw furries or mechs. The drawing can include a very very simple background at your request.
- Please provide visual references for me, not just a written description. Even searching up pictures online to help me is preferable!
- It can take me up to 3-4 weeks in order to finish a piece because of wrist issues and other responsibilities, so please do not get upset if it takes me a while to get it done. It will get done eventually.

kunobg.png

anya.png

Details on game copies:
- Whoever chooses these will be given Steam codes!

Winners of TFI have their choice of the following design packages:

Roleplay Package
The roleplay package consists of a custom:

- character sheet template
- player roster template OR character card template
- lore / miscellaneous template
- if 1st place winner, I'm willing to spend 1 hour in Wonderdraft to create a quick-and-dirty unlabeled map for your roleplay
- and your choice of the following: aesthetic roleplay graphics, roleplay ad banners (4), signature cta for rp,

Character Package
The character package consists of a custom:

- character sheet
- in-character template
- in-character banner/header image
- and your choice of the following: aesthetic graphics, character banners/headers (2), signature code/graphic, moodboard, character card OR character roster, character survey or rissa's famous boogaloo

Showcasing Package
The showcasing package consists of a custom:

- character sheet (if desired, with a variant to alternate designs in your showcasing threads)
- character roster
- poetry/prose/ic templates
- and your choice of the following: aesthetic character graphics, moodboards, image editing, banners/headers, dividers

We hope to see y'all submit! Happy writing :D

Last edited:
Very excited to see what submissions we'll see! Especially with these themes!

I am also very excited to see what people submit.

People better come with something non-angsty this time. 👺

These themes lean angsty tho

People better come with something non-angsty this time. 👺

Hmmm, challenge accepted. >:3 I had no idea what I wanted to write UNTIL NOW.

• Love
Reactions: Nemopedia
SIX MORE DAYS TO SUBMIT. I HAVE HIGH EXPECTATIONS BECAUSE OF FLUFFY.

• Love
Reactions: Fluffy and rissa
:sweat_wipe:

THREE (3) MORE DAYS!!!!​

Reactions: ImaginationGoneWild
Thank you everyone for your submissions! The thread with the date of the call + submissions will be up soon, keep your eyes peeled :D