Taking down the undead

Good to see how early she loosened up, looked like sticking around would be more rewarding than he had hoped. Daniel grinned at the girl's words and followed along as closely as he had before, keeping an even pace with her steps. He came to a stop when Pheobe did, looking around the little alleyway. "It's perfect. "

Place didn't look all that special, pretty dull to tell the truth, but it was just what he had asked for. Quiet and empty, out of sight of the others. Perfect for avoiding unwanted attention. Daniel dropped his bat and rested his free hand on her hip to pull her closer, the other still in her grasp. "So, you wanna get to know eachother better now.. ", his smirk had returned once again and his eyes cleary reflected Pheobe's lips, "Or skip to the fun part, and come back to that later?"

Phoebe scanned his face, squinting her eyes as she did so, "I like where this is going, but then again you must remember..." she noted to him, placing a hand on his chest, pushing him back slightly "I'm a mercenary. Met people, all sorts of people... So even though I know you are sexually nostalgic, and I am too---" she stopped abruptly, only to push him lightly and pulll out her gun to shoot the undead at the her west.

She turned to watch it fall, it's decaying body collapsing on the gravel floor. She looked back to him, smirking as she drank from her vodka bottle as she placed her gun back into her trenchcoat, tucking it into it's holster. "Patience is a virtue, are you willing to wait? I'm not much for quickies, you know."

Daniel turned to look back at the corpse, watching it hit the ground. "I hate it when they say that. " He stared at the body in silence for a while, then eventually lowered to his knee, to pick up his bat one might assume.

But instead, he grabbed Pheobe's hand firmly and moved it to his lips. "But I guess waiting for a pretty girl wont kill me", he said, looking up at her. The smirk was still there, only softened a bit. "For you, miss, I'll try to keep my pants on" His lips pressed against the back of her hand before he released it and scooped up the bat beside him. To him, "taking things slowly" was making it to the end of a date, but what were the chances of finding another attractive female out here who wouldn't take a chunk out of him or blow his head off? People who weren't dead were just as likely to be complete psychopaths, minds lost to grief or fear. Waiting it out would be better than facing those kind of odds.

He rose to his feet, stuffing his weapon under his arm and shoving his hands into the pockets of his hoodie. "I'm not leaving this alley with nothing though.. ", he started, tilting his head to both sides to make his neck crack, "So.. Tell me something about you that I don't know. "

"Ah, then you won't be disappointed." she smiled, folding her arms as she walked over to the wall and leaned her back against it slowly, tilting her head back as if in deep thought "Well, I am a simple college student." Phoebe shrugged, like it was something of the past. But it was a good past, a job that she treasured and heldclose to her heart, even though pay was only made when she sold an artwork. "But I was also in the army, a reserve." she added, tugging on her trenchcoat to pull out her dog tag which had the ring Daniel gave to her strung into it's metal chain.

"My father was a chief, and after me my mother couldn't have anymre children. So I was his only child, a daughter. But yet he desired a son, a son who would fulfill a duty to serve this country and to be a soldier. Since I was the only one, despite my mother's disapproval -- I found myself being forced to join the cadets as soon as I became qualified." Phoebe explained, taking another shot of the vodka and lowered her arm slowly, "Since I was a girl, he wanted me to be extremely disciplined, to be cold when it's time to kill.

This went on till I became a young soldier for a couple of years, and I found the courage to run away from what he wanted me to be... Then I tried enrolling to college, it almost went there then this came along. I found myself using everything I had learned, the government tried calling me for my aid since I am a reserve, but I hid from them. I didn't want to fight for anyone, I wanted to fight off these undead for myself and my own personal gain. So I became a mercenary. But yet even though the pleasure of battle was self-satisfiying, I found myself back to what I was running away from -- protecting people."

She gave an empty laugh "I guess in a sense, I am quite selfless at times."

"The army. That'd explain your badassery with the zombies, I guess" Daniel leaned back against a wall across from Pheobe, hands still pocketed. "Daddy sounds like a prick. Can't say mine was great either, but we got along just fine so long as neither of us dove too deep into the bottle. Heh. Some of the best and worst times of my life" He looked down at his feet, one swinging back and forth a little, kicking the wall behind him. "Guess it's a good thing yours led you to that life though. We'd be chow if we couldn't work aim, or work up the nerve. "

"Selfless? Nah", he shook his head and laughed a little, "No one is really selfless. People only act out of the goodness of their hearts in stories, where morally gray spots don't have to exist. Modern day heroes are full of shit. Everyone wants something, even if it's as simple as recognition." Daniel looked up at Pheobe, giving her a little half-hearted smile, "Not to say what you do isn't nice. It is. These people would probably be screwed on their own. I just know you're not being helpful for the sake of being helpful."

"Well said." Phobe applauded playfully, smiling at his reasoning. Never did she saw it that way, in that light, in that manner. She always thought about what the heck she was doing, was it helpful, selfless, or just her acting for her own gain. It made her look at things in a slight difference, there was sense in his talk. Very much sense. "I wish I met you sooner, to admit. Then probably we won't be relying on such borrowed time, and sleep at night thinking of how to survive... And just talk."

She fell silent, pausing quietly.

"What's your history?" she asked, quickly changing the subject after the sudden trail of dialogue that fell off her mouth. Though she had only met Daniel for a few hours -- there was something there. But then again, she had to use her head in this vile world.

Daniel shook his head. "If we'd met before the zombies, I'd have walked away as soon as you asked me to wait and gone off to find someone else with loose legs. " He stopped kicking the wall, crossing one leg over the other and remaining otherwise motionless as he watched Pheobe. "I was one of those guys whose car got keyed a lot. "

"My history.. Well, it's nothing so interesting", he said, tilting his head back and looking up at the sky, "I was taken care of right, but my parents didn't really nose around in my business. I could get suspended and start fights every day, it wouldn't be a big deal, 'long as I didn't get out of line at home. Wasn't bad." Daniel kept his eyes set on the sky, watching the clouds overhead.

"I was in college before the world turned to crap. Didn't show up to most of my classes, usually preoccupied with girls, alcohol, and parties.. Which usually meant multiples of both of those first two things. Not much different than highschool, really, 'cept back then I got my ass kicked a lot more often when I pissed off boyfriends and parents. My last year of highschool, I bought my bat and started playing dirty. I'd catch them when they're off-guard and beat the living hell out of them, then go back and spread rumors and plant stuff to make it look like they were doing something really wrong. People didn't like me, but I got my way most of the time."

"Now that I thought about it, likewise." Phoebe said, nodding about his first statement. If they met earleir than this, she wouldn't even think about him the way she did now. She was a woman from the army, disciplined and sharp. Since little amounts of women only joined the forces, she had to prove herself, thus, made herself more disciplined and serious. "If it weren't for this blight, and I was still what I was -- I'd think of you as a joke. To be honest, this apocalypse has it's good shit... It shaped me and made me loosen up a bit. I was one of those serious girls you can't cross..."

Even thinking about her past made her laugh.

"Well, I guess. I'll be teaching you how to wait, we're so low on people that you're running out of options." she chuckled, smiling at him. If she was easy, she was going to seriously give in but then again she wasn't. The temptation was peaking, but she kept her best to conceal it. Even with all the damnation that happened around her, her pride was still intact. But then she smirked "But I guess it's only understandable why a guy like you gets his women quickly, you got looks."

"Kinda funny to hear someone say those words. 'The apocalypse loosened me up' was the last thing I'd expect to hear from anyone", he said with a laugh, still watching the sky. The clouds were pretty dark at this point, seemed like it could start pouring rain at any minute. Probably a good thing, might give the flesh addicts something to smell aside from them.

"Waiting a while might not be so bad. I get the feeling I'd be missing out if I didn't." He smirked a little himself, lowering his head to meet Pheobe's gaze. "It's either that or my charming personality. Heh. Surprising that you're more of a flatterer than I am. Guess I've been out of practice for too long. "

Thought I'd get in on this here zombie-apocalypse shenanigans. You can't get Alfie's full character sheet by clicking his image.

There's this joke in the Sniper Corps. It goes like this.

A journalist is interviewing a sniper in a warzone.
“What do you feel when you kill an enemy soldier?” the journalist asks. The sniper regards him for a moment, then shrugs.
“Recoil?” he offers.

I can really relate to that sniper right now.

The bullet is a 7.62x51mm round, the NATO standard for weapons of this caliber. It penetrates the thing that was once human's skull at a speed of approximately 1300 metres a second, blasting out the back of its skull and continuing on into the wall of a building at the opposite side of the street. My target drops with a satisfying crunch and I take my eye away from the scope to examine my work properly.

A little off-centre, perhaps, but a decent kill-shot all in all.

Snapping the safety back on and slinging the rifle over my shoulder, I continue through the small town towards the source of the broadcast I heard earlier. The 7-Eleven on Hill Road, apparently. Someone called Sammie Jensen is holed up there apparently. It's a long shot, but 'Sammie' may have seen some of the team I cam south with. Hell, at the very least the 7-Eleven probably had something decent to eat.

My truck is parked just out of town. I didn't fancy bringing it further in; too many derelict vehicles and the noise would just attract more rotters than I feel like dealing with right now. In small numbers they're little more than a nuisance but when they start stacking together they can get to be a serious risk to your personal health. It just takes a bite and you're on a one-way track to joining their shambling ranks.

Not for me, really. Looks dull, apart from anything else.

As if on-cue, the building I'm searching for comes into sight. The three years since everything went to hell haven't done the 7-Eleven many favours; the paint's peeling, and the signs are falling apart to name just a few of the issues. But it's always nice to see a reminder of the way things were, I guess. Even if Big Gulps were kinda shit.

The front door is barricaded, of course. Whoever's inside has probably got it blocked up by something heavy, at a guess. There's always the option of putting a brick through the plate-glass windows, but that would both make far too much noise and render the building indefensible should I be forced to hold up inside for whatever reason. Better to ere on the side of caution and try the back door. Sure enough its barricaded as well, but my eyes fall upon a drain-pipe leading up onto the second floor that looks like it could support my weight.

Hell, worth a shot.

I ensure my kit is securely fastened and then grab hold of the pipe, pulling myself off the ground. I take it slowly and carefully; I'm in no rush and I don't know how stable this thing is, after all. Fortunately the three years of neglect haven't taken too much of a toll on it, and I reach the second floor window without it breaking on me. The window has been left open; clearly whoever's inside wasn't anticipating someone climbing up to reach it. Can't say I blame them. Not like zombies can climb.

Pulling myself into the building, my hand goes to the holster at my side and removes the handgun it contains. Again, caution is key. I don't know what the hell is in here, and I'd rather be ready for it if whatever it is happens to be out to put me on it's menu this afternoon. I'm not exactly in my element here; long-range is my thing, not close-quarter environments, but you gotta run with what's thrown at you.

“Anyone in here, alive or otherwise?” I call out, my voice echoing through the store, “Say hello or something if you're still breathing and, uh... groan if you're undead? Yeah, groaning's what you guys do I guess.”

(Still looking for someone to play my brother they are separated right now. Here is thel ink http://www.elfpack.com/stuff/Brandon...0video%201.jpg ))

Sammy's head jerked upward as she heard someone outside it was just a matter of time before the undead would find her by smelling her flesh. Picking up her metal bat she slowly made her way upstairs to the first floor and checked all the doors they were still barricaded. That was a relief so nothing got in but what was that noise she had heard moments earlier. Right now she could use a smoke but she had to watch how many she ate because smokes were running low now. A voice echoed throughout the 711 and she heard what sounded like a humans voice a regular human. Could zombie figure out a way to climb up to the second story? Slowly she climbed the stair case holding her bat out and looked around. "Who's there?" She called out when she got to the top of the stairs.

Footsteps approach from downstairs; either 'Sammie' or some corpse that's decided I'd make for a decent lunch.

And it didn't even groan, either. So rude.

When whoever it is reaches the top of the stairs, however, I hear them call out,
“Who's there?” Excellent, she's human then. Doesn't mean she's not a threat, however. I ensure there's plenty of distance between myself and her and keep my pistol up as I step into her line of sight.
“Just myself, don't worry. Came up the drain-pipe so you don't need to worry about anything dead and rotten following me up.” A small girl, blonde hair, in her late teens or early twenties if I had to hazard a guess. Doesn't look like the worst of threats, but you don't survive three years out here without being tough. I eye the baseball bat she's holding them look back to her.

“Okay, so why don't we both agree that neither of us are threats to each other, then I put my pistol away and you put your bat down? Sound good? I really don't fancy this turning violent.”

Sammy did not want to get violent either but she learned to defend herself any way possible if that meant pointing a metal bat out so be it. The man seemed to be ok but she had to make sure he did speak and not moan like the undead. "Alright." Slowly she put her bat down and gun against her sides when he did so he didn't make any movements that was unexpected. "Did you hear my radio call? Are there others?" She wished she could see him a bit better but there was no light and that's the way she wanted to keep it. No light meant no zombies were going to come but eventually they would smell her and then they would come when there were no humans left.

"Good guess," I reply with a chuckle, holstering the handgun but keeping my arm within easy drawing distance, "I heard your broadcast from out of town, figured I'd come check it out." I wander through the room and over to the window looking out onto Hill Road.

Empty, by and large, though in the alleys and empty lots I can see a few of them milling about. Guess they didn't spot me as I approached the 7-Eleven, then. Good. I don't particularly trying to hold off a horde with my limited supply of ammo and no-one but a young woman armed with a baseball bat for support. Those aren't exactly odds I'd put money on, nevermind my life.

I turn my head to face the girl, still facing the window. "As for the 'others' part, I was kinda hoping to ask you. Don't suppose you've seen any other armed survivors passing through here? Might have been driving a big truck?" Doubtful, but worth asking, I guess; this road is the one they might pass along if they were headed to the settlement we arranged to meet up at, so it's always possible this girl has seen them.

Which reminds me, we still haven't introduced ourselves yet. An apocalyptic scenarios involving the dead returning to a semblance of life to consume the living is no reason to abandon good manners, after all.

I turn back around to face the girl properly, and do my best attempt at a smile that I'm fully aware still comes across as some kind of smirk. "By the way, I'm Budden. Corporal Alfie Budden, formerly of the 197th, now of the 'whoever happens to not be dead'."

Nodding she followed him and noticed a few undead creatures not far away from where they were. "I have been here for a while and none of those 'things' have found me. I have kept the lights off and haven't drawn attention to me." She said simply looking at the stranger that just came into her hideout normally she would not talk to strangers like this but there were few survivors now. "I haven't seen anyone around in trucks or other wise. Your the first person I have seen since I came here. The name is Sammy." Sighing she leaned against the wall of the 711 still hungry but could not eat much anymore because of lack of food. Soon she would have to leave this place in search of a new home with new food and cigarettes.

Sammy's words confirm that the others haven't passed this way any time recently. Typical of my luck, I suppose. There's always the possibility that I'm the only one who made it out of that attack alive, but I know my companions; they're a tough bunch and if I made it out of there, they could have done so as well.

Best just to keep looking, I guess.

"Good call on keeping the lights off," I say as the girl leans against the wall, "They haven't got a clue you're here." I peer out the window for a second time. Still just a few of them shuffling about the streets, but I could swear the number is growing slightly. My gunshot, perhaps? I didn't want the one I shot to groan and alert the rest to my presence, but the sound may have increased their activity. Not good. I don't want to get stuck here; I need to get back to my car and keep looking.

I do need supplies, though.

Time for a shop, I guess.

We're currently situated in what was most likely the staff-room, but downstairs there should still be some food that I could acquire. Hell, not like the shop owner needs it anymore. I turn back to Sammy. "There any food left downstairs? I'm in need of some more food, then I gotta keep moving. My team isn't going to find itself, after all, and we've got supplies to get back up north."

When he spoke it broke through the silence and she looked towards him hearing what he said. "Me and my brother watched a lot of zombie movies and played a lot of games. I know about those 'creatures.'" She emphasized on the word creatures not knowing what to call them right now. Were zombies the right term anymore? When he asked if there was food left downstairs she peeled herself away from the wall and started walking down the stairs knowing he would follow. "I have been here for a while now when I heard about the outbreak I found this place. My brother was at a mall I thought he might come here. There is little food you are more then welcome to take what there is left. I don't want to stay here anymore though." Her stomach growled and she would need to eat before moving out of here and finding another safe place.

(I'll Play your brother too where is he)
portrait-sexy-blindfold-model-gray-image.jpg
Cassandra May be blind but she has greast senses.

Cassandra came from out of her hiding place above the tree when the dead group went somewhere else. She walked slowly and used her sense of smell and sound to hear if someone was coming or smell if she's near a dead person. All she could hear was the sound of crickets in the night and her foot steps. She study her pace and movement as she walked so she can know if someone was trying to follow her at her exact movements. She then heard a group of people, she could smell a man musty scent a mile away, she could hear a guy about her age, and a girl talking. She could hear there foot steps as they began to move she started to run to catch up to them as she could now smell the scent of the boy. "Hello ......Ummm Hello" she caught up to them she was really excited that she wasn't the only person that was left on the planet.

Attachments

• blinded.jpeg
    blinded.jpeg
    9.1 KB · Views: 4
He glanced up in shock as the woman brushed against him, grabbing his clothing. "O-oh... hello?" He asked, a little nervous until he realized it was a normal human. Although he couldn't understand why she was grabbing him.