Taking Boston

Her reply made him shut up. For the moment at least. She suddenly sounded very passionate towards what she was talking about and he didn't dare to interrupt. She certainly knew how to be intimidating when she needed to. He nodded slowly and swallowed nervously once again. He saw how badly she was bleeding and wondered which one of them was handling the pain the most contently. Out of all of them, he couldn't believe Larry's luck, he seemed to not to have a scratch on him.. yet.

"Listen, all I know is that I'm looking at a lot of good cops... who were my friends... who are dead now. I don't see what they had to die for. Where they come in on this." He mutters out after much hesitation.

He was quiet now, him and Larry both. He listened to what her and John were discussing and the altitude of the situation slowly started to sink in more and more. He heard the last part about the cell service and that made him speak up again. He looked shocked to hear this. He started to limp forward, knowing it wasn't a good idea to get any closer to these people but he felt cowardly being leaned up against that counter still.

"Wait.. wait.. you're tellin me nobody outside of Boston cares or.. even knows about what's goin on here?" He asks skeptically, he found this hard to believe but after all that had happened this past hour, he supposed anything was possible. "Boston is one of the most thriving cities in America? Why would they cut us off like that!?" He was almost shouting now, out of frustration since he knew what they were saying was probably true. It made sense now. If anyone outside Boston wanted to or could of helped they would of by now. They wouldn't of let this massacre happen. At least he hoped they would of intervened. He knew he was in no position to be asking questions but it was so scary to be in this small building with so much going on without any questions answered. That and he always was a loud mouth. Even now in the most desperate of times he just couldn't shut up.

John thought to himself She's right IRBMs won't cut it if the US Army brings out those ABMs were finished... John finally found his charges. John looked at the limping officer, then he turned to his team. John threw the charges back in the trunk. "Alright, Terry and Jack you two stay here. We'll use the tower here as a main point to radio in. So that means were gonna need some more 4-1-0 wheels, once all of of the Coup' has radioed in to you two I want you to start the broadcast even if were on the road. We'll just make do with the situation in that case." John turned to the wounded guy and big tough and burly black guy supporting him. "You two are reconnaissance and rescue. Find Coup' and recruit Coup'. Any riot men get near the city hall divert them." John turned to the last man in his control. "Help me get those two into the police car. We'll be leading Azul to city hall." John threw the hummer keys to Azul's partner. "I got payments on that thing, Don't scratch it up." John and the other guy walked over and cuffed the officers. "You guys got family?" When they got outside John whistled over to a boy running around with a bag full of mail. He handed each of them a pen and paper. "Im not inhumane." He smiled. "You got 15 seconds." The boy sat on the truck and John was almost tempted to shoo him away.

Marcus was not sure what the situation was when he was abducted from the warmth of a top dollar prostitute by two men dressed in black suits. He just knew that his time was up and was needed again. He was barely dressed before he was directed into a helicopter and in a matter of seconds departed into the night sky leaving what little he left behind. "At least you boys could have given me a little time to get dressed." Marcus announced hoping to get some sort of reaction from the two statue of men who attained him earlier. He shrugged and rolled his eyes before staring out of the side window. Whatever they wanted it was serious thought Marcus as he turned back to one of the men and asked for a smoke.

"It seems your habits never change." Spoke a familiar voice to Marcus' ear from a twelve inch television to his left. The image was of a man in his mid to late fifties with an eye patch over his left eye. The man began rubbing the extension of his white frail bread before speaking again. "Marcus, your services are needed again for the C.I.A and the stability of your nation." Marcus was interested but brushed it off with his hand and answered. "I'm on vacation...find someone else Carter." Carter turned his attention to one of the men and nodded. The man in the suit pulled out a smoke and handed over to Marcus before reaching for his lighter and sparked it. Marcus reached out for it and leaned forward to light. He took a deep inhale before blowing it all out, his attention was back on Carter. "You were saying."

It was not long until Marcus was told of the current situation in Boston. "So you guys shut off the city from the rest of the country, what for? Plus why me? can't you guys just send in the army?" Marcus asked. These were the real questions and knowing his superior he was sure to get an half-ass answer. He was never really into asking questions but that was because he was somewhere else in the world, Korea, Iraq, Africa. Now he was in his own backyard and wanted to know why he would be sent in to fight his own people. "This is why." Carter said as the television changed and a photo of a young man appeared. "They call him the black hand of God. His real name is Dimitri and he stole something from us not to long ago from one of the secret research lab shortly after the rebellion started. You can now see why we had to cover it up. This man is your priority. You by no means are to support any side down there. You are to retrieve that briefcase and terminate Dimitri by any means necessary."

Marcus knew the score and was sure he was going into the depths of Boston alone and unarmed. "If you haven't noticed. I don't even have the right gear for this." Marcus said raising his hands up. "You guys are going to get me killed down there like this." Carter chuckled before he gave his answer. "Of course we already have your equipment at the drop zone. You will arrive shortly. Oh and Marcus, you only have until the remaining of the night to get that briefcase." With that said the television shut off. What the hell did he mean? Regardless Marcus knew this was going to be a horrible situation but he sucked it in because he had a job to complete.

The Boston light was directly ahead and Marcus could see it through the window. Shortly after the helicopter was hovering over the roof of one of the many skyscrapers before the men in suits opened the door and shrugged Marcus out overboard. Marcus rose from the cement roof and shakes his fist at the fleeing helicopter. One of these days I'ma kill those two he thought before getting his mind back tot he task at hand. He searched no more than two minutes before finding a box. He opened it and pulled out a full sleek black suit and boots. It wasn't his style but it fitted nicely on his athletic body. He continued looking through the box to find a nine millimeter pistol and two extra clips which he stored at his side. There was a small medic pack and radio for when he attained the material. The last of the goodies was a small tracking device receiver. He turned it on and a blue dot began to blink further away from his current position. He placed the device in the pack with his medic supplies and radio and stood up. Surveying the city from the rooftop he could see the place was in mayhem. Flames were en gulping neighborhoods and the shouts of gunfire and screams of horror were ringing through his ear. War was never easy and the rebellion had just started. From what he studied from the tracking device his destination was the city hall. Alright Marcus, its game time he thought before exhaling and began his decent down into the torn city of Boston.

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
"Don't kill them. John." her words were cold and serious. "Hostages are never a bad thing. At this point, it looks like Boston will be ours, and to stop the rest of the country from knowing about this revolution they'll destroy Boston by dawn." Her mind flashed to Cuban Missile Crisis conspiracies-- she believed some of things- well, a lot of them. The ones about this county being dirty. "Seeing what side of the coast we're on... I'd assume a nuke. The cover story will probably be some piss-ant, middle-eastern country that 'got lucky'."

She wasn't sure she believed that, but she was sure something would happen, and before long too. Just like that, she slipped into the backseat of the car John had given her partner the keys to. God knows she wasn't going to drive. She would probably pass out on the way to City Hall anyway.

"I'm not telling you that out of mercy, or because I told them I wouldn't kill them. I'm telling you to do it because we're all going to die soon. If those two can benefit us between now and then, it's an opportunity we can't afford to throw away." With that said, she shut the door and released a pained whine and sigh of relief. Sitting down relieved all the weight on her leg, and that reminded her how much It'd been hurting.

Azul is now en route to City Hall.

Her mind whirled about as she was moved. Whether it was from blood lose or those damned conspiracy theories, she couldn't stop thinking. Her eyes shut, and to stop herself from passing out she went the next step of the plan for those who weren't just rioting. 'Go to city hall after halting opposing resistance, meet a contact to exchange goods and money from the many bank in Boston for an item unknown to her and then wait for orders from there leader.' "Simple enough. With no more resistance in-sight, maybe I won't get shot again" She said this aloud, and after a few moments, she realized she hadn't thought any of that. She'd spoken it all. Next chance she got, she needed to stop her bleeding.

As he was led out of the police station to the truck, he insisted on walking on his own. He was limping but he could surely move. Outside didn't look how he expected, not at all. He had seen riots on the news before but whatever was going on in the city of Boston had a much darker feeling to it. Maybe it was just different seeing his home town like this, he didn't know. He was silent, almost stoic as he was led to the truck. No point in trying to be a loud mouth anymore. He had just heard it himself, no one was helping them. He didn't speak until John had asked him if he had family.

"Yeah. A son." He says, his voice seemed wounded all of a sudden. He hadn't of been thinking about this moments before, the adrenaline had worn off and now he was genuinely fearing for his future. "God I hope he's okay." He mutters quietly to himself as he was crammed into the truck.

He listened to what this Azul girl was saying and all this talk about nukes, hopelessness, government cover ups, was so foreign to him. He was just a cop and a casual citizen of Boston, not prepared for anything like this. 'Jesus Christ, I could really die tonight.' That thought popped into his head and he started to realize that he didn't want to die, not like this. For the time being he was alive though, even if he was being dragged along by these Coup people as a hostage, his life had been reasoned for and for the moment, he was thankful for that.

He sat in the back of the truck, tempted to speak about what was happening with the other officer, to find some sort of reasoning between eachother, but he decided it was pointless. They didn't know eachother before this, he didn't need to make an unnecessary attachment. He just simply looked out the window as the driver started to lead them and the girl to city hall. He looked at the skyline and swore he saw a helicopter in the distance.

'Heh, feel sorry for anyone who is coming into this city right now...' Was the last thing he thought to himself before he focused his attention back to the riots outside as they slowly moved along the streets of Boston.