Taken

(If I'm not on, just assume Shadow ignores a sentence, goes with something, etc. Thanks!)
When Shadow heard the fire-human-thing, she stopped her singing. "Fool! I suppose he is serious now," Shadow thought. "What can I do in this situation?" She used her telekinesis to throw the cruel Doctor off of his balance, hopefully enough to make him fall. "I better not get caught, or bad things lie ahead."

<script src="chrome://YouLoop/content/YouLoop_script.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="chrome://YouLoop/content/YouLoop_script.js" type="text/javascript"></script>Genni watched the doctor fall and couldnt help himself but bust out laughing "dude!......that...was....hilarious!" he said in between fits of laughter that came deep from his chest. this was the first time Genni had actually laughed since he had been here and even if it was really immature, he was only fifteen, he just could stop. he laughed as the guards grabbed him, and continued to laugh as they started to drag him inside. it almost seemed as if he had gone insane, actually even he was pretty sure he had "do it again! do you want me to heal those scrapes doctor?!" he said laughing as one of the guards hit him in the face with the butt of his gun, yet he continued to laugh.

"What," Shadow thought in panic. "Have I DONE? I didn't mean to give him MORE punishment! I can't take this." Shadow sang to the guards in their minds to make them drowsy (She couldn't make ALL of them fall asleep at once) and again used her telekinesis to knock them over. Standing now, she spoke to the boy mentally. "I'm sorry. Now we'll both have a worse punishment. I'm shadow by the way. I'll take some of the abuse for you, I'm only 12 in human years!"

Hayley couldn't help but let out a laugh at what she had just seen, she couldn't help it! The big bad doctor randomly just fell in the middle of an empty field, how could she not laugh? She quickly covered her mouth with her mouth so he wouldn't notice and tried to Cover it up with a cough but at the added sound of Genni's laughs she started cracking up again.

Dr. Kileaton growled quietly at what had just happened as he stood back up, trying to retain what superiority he could. he was unsure of why he had suddenly fallen but at a place like this, the option of it being an unknown source was slim. Unfortunately there were more than a few experiments who could have caused him to fall so he did not know which one, but they would all face the consequences for what one had done. Once the guards dragged the initial trouble maker into the building, out of the sight of the yard and where he could no longer hear or see what was going on out here he looked to the guards who were left on the field and barked at them, "Find out who knocked me down- and no one is out of lockdown until it is known!" Kasper looked to the girl, Hayley as she liked to be called, "and take her in for testing, we need to see the effects that blood had on her." He said with an evil smirk as five guards quickly surrounded and dragged her inside the lab.

At the doctor's words she immediately was silenced and a look of horror and fear crossed her face but it quickly passed and she simply stood there timidly. When the guard grabbed her she tried to fight but eventually gave in and allowed them to carry her away- they had tasers and whenever she tried to fight she would only get shocked.

Genni was extremely confused and thought hoping the thing that was in his head could hear him "stupid girl! i was in the middle of a plot to get us all out of here and youve ruined it!" he thought loudly "i could save it though...ill act as if i knocked the guards over in my fit of temporary insanity!.....l help look i appreciate your help but next time you think you should help someone but next time you think about knocking over some guards to the facility that could kill you at any second i implore you to think twice" he really hoped that Hayley was ok as he sat in the hallway waiting fo the guards to wake up

Shadow felt like jumping off of a cliff, if only she could... She had just put herself in danger, ruined an escape plan, gotten others in even more trouble, and drained quite a bit of her energy. She sat back down on the wall, head down, and sighed. "What have I done? What have I done?! You're an inexperience little vampire who tried to be the hero!"

Once all of the creatures were gone Dr. Kileaton sighed then rubbed his hand over his face in annoyance, these beasts were really wearing on him, and he knew that the higher ups were going to hear about this uprising soon and that was a conversation he did not want to have to go through any time soon. He sighed and started walkig back to his office.

Hayley was shoved into one of the rooms right before the guards fell asleep. All she heard was the door slam and then a couple of thuds as they collapsed. She wrapped her arms around herself, suddenly feeling cold. This was the room they were put in until the doctors prepared the tests so she figured she would be stuck there for a while, at least it had a small window. She walked over to it and peered out, barely beig able to see out since the glass was set high up on the wall to discourage escaping. What she could make out was the others through the window of the next building along with Genni. A smile broke out on her face at the sight of her friend standing beside a couple of unconcsious guards. She started to pound on the glass to get his attention. "Genni! Genni, what's going on?" She yelled to him, hoping he could hear her through the glass

Amber was glad that she found a friend here, since friendships were a great asset in a place where you are constantly being hurt. Amber felt excited and nervous when she saw the guard fall down. With a silent laugh at the guard scrambling to get back up, she wondered who had done it. She knew he did not fall on his own, the unnaturalness of it all showed that it had been done using some form of telekinesis. Looking at Shadow wishing she could ask if she knew who did it, she saw small beads of seat form on Shadow's head and her face showing the nervousness of the thoughts beneath. Could it have been her? "Find out who knocked me down- and no one is out of lockdown until it is known!" Hearing those words and Shadow's exclamation of regret at her actions, she worried for her newfound friend and thought to herself that she would protect Shadow at any cost if the guards found out it had been her who got involved in the fight.

Shadow heard the thought of the wind-girl and looked over to her. "Thanks," She whispered. "It's appreciated, but when they find out it was me, I don't want you to be punished as well. Alright? Oh, and, I never got your name. Could you just 'think' it for me?" Shadow smiled and put her head back down, slowly feeling her shy nature melting when she was around this one.

<script src="chrome://YouLoop/content/YouLoop_script.js" type="text/javascript"></script>Genni's ears perked up "Hayley? i thought that they were going to put you in your room..." Genni was now aware of the fact that he had been lied to....though he wasnt going to burn the building down he was still upset"i cant melt through the glass.....actually thats my fault" a couple years ago he tried to get out by, while waiting to be tested, melted through the window almost got out but....well lets just say they also have more powerful guns than tranquilizers now "your just gunna have to get through the testing.... to be honest i like the testing so...thats why i took your punishment" Genni had never told anyone that before and he didnt know why he was telling the girl now.....'what the hell?' he thought' she doesnt need to know that..'

Hayley had expected he wouldn't be able to get her out, nothing could break this thick glass. She then looked at him in shock and confusion, he enjoyed the testing? He must have different tests than her… She sighed sadly and nodded, she would just need to get through the first round of tests before they leave to set up the next one. She then shifted her thoughts to him, so she wouldn't think about the experiments. "What happened to the guards? Why aren't you running away?" That question had been burning in her mind this whole time, the guards were unconscious and he's staying there? He is such a strange boy...

Shadow was a telepath? Amber showed a wide grin. Perfect, that would save so much time! Not being able to communicate was the most frustrating thing about living at this facility. Remembering Shadow's other comment about Amber being punished as well, she shrugged. It's fine, Amber thought, I barely even notice pain anymore. And they don't have to catch you. You are in control of what they find out and what they don't if you just don't say anything or look nervous. My name's Amber by the way, Amber Sant. Pleased to meet you. Amber stretched out her hand, still grinning and saved her worries for when the bad things actually occurred. For now, she had a new friend and was determined not to let her go. How bad could a punishment possibly be?

Shadow, glad to have a friend in this horrid place, shook Amber's hand. "Nice to meet you, Amber." She mentally said. "If you didn't know already, my name's Shadow. I'm sorry you can't speak, that can't be very pleasant. I suppose you're right. I'll stay hidden for as long as possible." She couldn't hide her large grin, one that the world hadn't seen in a very long time. "I evidently ruined an escape plan so I don't feel like a superhero or anything..."

<script src="chrome://YouLoop/content/YouLoop_script.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="chrome://YouLoop/content/YouLoop_script.js" type="text/javascript"></script>Genni was afraid she would ask that...."w-well i cant tell you that...sorry.....and as for the guards i have no idea...." Genni hoped she would drop the subject.."i wonder what test they are gunna do...

She was about to continue questioning but was instead thrown into the memories of the last tests they did when she had blood and flesh. She subconsciously shivered at the thoughts. "Well, last time they tested my strength, endurance, shifting and spell casting abilities. I had to run for hours then hold a bunch of weight up. After that they made me change into a dog and fight off the guard dogs… and lastly use any spells I could to keep the ceiling from crashing down on me." She said with a depressed grin. "At least that was what I had to do before, who knows for this time?" Before she could continue she was able to make out the sounds of approaching footsteps, most likely from the doctors coming to get her. She looked over her shoulder to the door then glanced back to Genni, "They're coming, I have to go. I still think you should escape now, while the guards are down…" She then quickly turned around just in time for the doctors to reach the door. She was able to clearly hear them talking now; "What the hell happened? Get up you idiots, get up!" One shouted, just reaching the sleeping guards who jumped and scrambled to their feet. "We'll deal with you blundering idiots in a minute, after we get this experiment into testing." The other doctor said icily then the door opened and Hayley was taken from the room to the actual experimentation room.

Dr. Kileaton walked into the room followed by about 10 more guards and doctors. He clasped his hands behind his back and looked at all of them coldly. "All right, now then, I know one of you is responsible for that-that mishap outside a few minutes ago. I will find out who it was, one way or another. One way being you come forth now and the rest of you can go back to your rooms for the rest of the night, the other way is I keep you here, taking you out one by one for special testing until I find out the hard way. I am perfectly fine with either way, in fact I might even prefer the latter, but I bet none of you do. So come forth now and tell me who it was." He said with a hard look.

Standing, leaning against an unoccupied section of wall in the crowded room, Tynes listened. Everyone was whispering to one another, she figured about why they suddenly got put in lockdown. When the doctor fell she felt an evil grin forming in her lips. She couldn't help it. After all he was the one in charge of the guards and the guards were mean and unnecessarily rough with everyone. Genni and Hayley were taken away and the young girl didn't know if she felt they deserved it for what they did out in the yard or if she felt sorry for them for what was surely about to happen... more testing.

The doctor came back with another large group of guards and began speaking making the girl sigh quietly to herself. Someday she would finally understand the language and know what he was always babbling on about. She picked out one word... "testing" which made her shudder, mostly due to the evil grin that he accompanied saying it with. That never boded well for anyone. Quietly she looked around the room at all of the other special creatures that had been collected and brought to this place. Maybe she should consider befriending one of them so they could help her learn the aliens language that many of them seemed to understand without issue. "Maybe, but who? Who could I trust to teach me the correct words and not take advantage of my lack of knowledge and tell me wrong things?" she thought to herself.

Even though Shadow KNEW that what Amber said was true, she just couldn't let herself put the others through any more than usual. "Sir," She said fearfully. "I-it was my fault. I was trying to stand up for a moment, when I tripped. That triggered my telekinesis ability which must have threw you off balance. I was going to help you, but you seemed angry. I'm really sorry, sir! I'll accept any punishment you give me..." Shadow used her childish innocence to her advantage. and waited for a response from the cruel doctor, looking him in the eyes.

No, Shadow!, Amber thought, fearful for her friend. She knew the doctors didn't know the meaning of the word mercy. She wanted to say something, anything, but all she could do was mouth words frantically. It took all her self restraint not to attack the guards about to pull Shadow away, but she knew that Shadow's sacrifice was made so that everyone wouldn't get hurt. All she could do was hope that the doctors wouldn't scar her too much, as they often do, and they would still leave part of her left to recover. Shadow's look of fear and innocent words were too much to bear, and Amber struggled to keep tears from flowing. No, she couldn't cry if she didn't want to drown in the sorrows of this horrendous place. All she could do was hope Shadow's pain would not last. Don't be scared Shadow, be brave. It's the only way to get through it. Give them apologies, whatever they want if it'll make them hurt you less. Do whatever you can to survive.

Shadow heard the thoughts of Amber and all of the others around her. "I'm sorry, Amber. I'll do my best in those terrible rooms. Thanks, you're an amazing friend." Shadow was amazed at the caring nature of her new friend. They had only just met and already they cared about each other more than anyone else here. "I'll see you later, friend."

Dr. Kileaton looked at the young girl, showing no emotion. He raised an eyebrow at her admittance. 'That was fast.' he thought. "Oh, so it was an accident. I'm sure." He said sarcastically. "But, since you admitted to the act I guess the rest can go." He said to the guards with a wave of his hand. Once he finished the guards walked forward and opened the doors, leading the other creatures back to their rooms. Once they were all gone and it was only 3 doctors, Dr. Kileaton and Shadow, he gave her a barely noticeable smug look. "We both know that it wasn't an accident but instead simply an example of your disrespect for authority. And now you will be punished for that." He looked over to the doctors and nodded. "Take her to be tested. Same as the other girl, the Aswang or whatever she was." He waved his hand dismissively then turned to walk out of the room but paused in the doorway to look back at Shadow, "Have fun." He then turned on his heel and walked out, the doctors and leftover guards taking her to the experimentation room.