Taken

Hayley stops when Genni comes after her. She definitely wasn't expecting this to happen. She turned to face him slight shock. "Oh, um, wow. Y-you don't have to stop your totally useless and unneeded fight just because I believe it to completely stupid and won't be a part of it." She said, trying to remain casual which stating what she thought about that kind of behavior. "But that's really nice for you to do that for me…" She was already feeling so comfortable around this guy when she was only talking to him for a short while, he was a very kind person and easy to get along with she guessed. She then looked back at the girl she was going to approach before, "Yeah, me neither, she must either be new here or just doesn't come out often." Everyone who was held here had the choice to stay in their 'rooms' or come out to the courtyard and she might have just stayed in her room before, at least that was what Hayley had been doing since she lost her sister...

Genni laughed at the girls blatant disregard for sparring "well you see,people who expect to fight someone they don't like will fight someone they like beforehand to figure out their weakpoints and then improve upon them" he smiled as she stopped and he stood next to her " what do you suppose she can do? I'm going to say...she is another healer...well more hope than say really, I'm tired of healing every poor soul the scientists harm. did you know that five inmates died yesterday? I couldn't do a damn thing to save them....they are taking the experiments way to far as of late..." he sighed. he was for science but he drew the line to when people started to get hurt , much less started to die.

(so sorry for the late reply… I kept getting distracted…)

She rolls her eyes at his excuses for starting a fight with that Hoofin. Even if the only reason he wished to fight was to figure out his own weaknesses, why would he need to know them? It's not like you could put fighting skills to any use in here. She looked over to the other girl when she heard his guess on her ability, she thought the girl looked like she would have an ability that's more like super speed or something of that sort. Once she heard Genni speak about the four who had died just yesterday.

Her mouth opened in shock and sadness at this. "Oh my god… The scientists here are truly horrible…" Her fists clenched, how could they just kill those creatures? They probably didn't even bat an eye when their hearts stopped beating and their last breath escaped form them. She shook her head to end that thought process, it was starting to make her feel hungry and that sickened her, she hated the fact that she constantly hungered for flesh but she couldn't do anything about it.

"I wish we could somehow stop them from experimenting on everyone and be free again." She told him longingly.

Genni looked at her straight in the eyes " we could...but if you haven't noticed they are making our powers weaker and making us lose the will to fight....for example they won't even give you the smallest amount of blood slipped into your food which would increase your testing results by one hundred and fifty percent....yes I know what you are and I know that your craving flesh from when I touched your hand and from the medical check up...I haven't told the scientists because that would be bad...also they make me use my powers to make me tired and unwilling to fight back...and' mr. runs around in circles' over there is kept in his room most of the time so that all he can think about when he comes outside is to run and to make stupid decisions like running full speed into the electric fence...." Genni knew these facts because while walkinn from test to test he overheard the scientists talking about it" also feel free to take my blood if only to get rid of that craving....because i can always heal myself no matter how much you take

Hayley thinks for a moment, she hadn't thought about it before but now that's he's said it, it was true. Since she's gotten here she's been less and less willing to shift into her dog form, before she got here she would change just about everyday if not more but now, it's more like once a month if the experiments the scientists put her through are not very bad. She licked her lips at his offer of taking some of his blood, "Y-you would do that? You would let me have some of your blood?" No one had ever offered to do that before and her thirst for blood had been growing ever since she arrived here so she truly longed to take some of his and almost does but quickly stops herself from doing so, "I-I could never… it's-it's wrong of me to do that. I can't." She told him, trying to convince herself more than him.

Genni was confused" are you uncomfortable with feeding directly from me? I could draw some out and put it in a bag if you wish...it would still be the same though and I would rather you feed from me because both of us know that blood starts to get worse with everyday it's out of the vein and I don't want it to make you sick" Genni was concerned about her craving from both a friendly and medical standpoint. the fact was that her race wasn't used to going so long without blood and she already was seeing increased blood pressure and less heartbeats per minute. not to mention the fact that she had a fever of 105 degrees. " it's not wrong...in fact, as your new friend and doctor I insist that you drink from me!" Genni was very passionate about medicine

She shifted her weight uncomfortably, "No, it's not that I feel uncomfortable feeding right from from you, I-I just don't trust my self-control… The only things I've fed from were just simple animals, never anyone sentient. And with animals I've never had to stop before I killed them, which was always the result no matter what. I really appreciate your concern for me but I'm afraid that wouldn't be the smartest thing for me to do… Especially since I haven't had any since I got here." She truly was very touched at how he had this much concern for her when they just met and she was very happy about the fact that he would consider them to be friends but she simply couldn't take advantage of his kindness like this.

The shy one and the happy-go-lucky one seemed to have sparked an interesting conversation. One that left the shy girl looking troubled. Tynes looked over at another female over in the corner that was avoiding everyone else. The Lathanian new the aliens were not nice to any of them, including herself. Was this girl just that withdrawn from social activity or had they broken her mentally? The young girl sighed slightly to herself. She wasn't much different really. She hadn't even attempted to make contact with any of the others. Her brother would be furious with her if he found out she had talked to any of them, his last words to her before disappearing behind a set of double doors... "Trust NO one!" But yet, she sympathized with everyone in the yard. They were all being used by the aliens. After giving it much thought, Tynes nodded to herself deciding that her brother didn't mean the other test subjects. The decision gave her a new desire to learn the language even quicker.

Genni was now frustrated " I don't think you understand d the severity of your withdrawal. if you don't drink from me it would be like me not drinking water for 3 days and then refusing to drink any water. I promise you that I will not die! I swear on my mother and fathers graves that I will continue to live on even if you drink ten pints of the warm,salty, and somewhat metallic tasting fluid that flows through my veins!" that last bit was to bring her hunger up even more so she would drink " please! just drink! if not for you, do it for me!"

She took a deep breath during his speech, she knew she needed to drink blood but she didn't think it would be safe for him. But then, when he started talking about his blood her mouth started to water as she was forced to think about it. She clenched her fists and squeezed her eyes shut, trying to think. She knew she shouldn't but… he instincts were too strong and he did just promise he wouldn't die… He was a fast healer, she couldn't do a lot of harm to him either, right? She thought, trying to justify her next actions to herself.

"… Fine. I-I'll drink your blood." She said slightly breathless, because of this it was taking all her restraint not to attack him right then and drink the red ambrosia which she could see, even now in his pulsing veins. She licked her lips in anticipation. "H-how, er- where should drink from?" She wasn't sure which would be more comfortable for him, from his neck, his wrist or somewhere like that. Before, when she would simply drain animals she would bite their neck and suck until dry but with him, who knows what he would prefer.

Genni,relieved that Hayley had consented to the blood, pulled down his shirt exposing his jugular " here...you could drink more and at a faster rate..." Genni then pulls out a small ball of white fire holding it to his heart which will keep it pumping and which he will use to close the cut on his neck afterwards"I'm actually interested to see what this will feel like...no...interested isn't the right word...giddy? no.....excited...yip..that's the word!"

Her instincts now almost fully taking over, her personality shifts to become more… cruel, she smirks at his comment about being excited to feel his blood being sucked from him. She chuckles, "You're going to regret feeling that way…" Hayley didn't know for sure this was the case, having never experienced her blood being drank from her nor has ever known anyone he had but from the way every animal would squirm and shriek as she would drink from them, it was safe to assume that it was pretty painful to go through. She told him then jumped behind him, grabbing his shoulders tightly. She then swiftly bit into the flesh surrounding the vein in his neck, her canine teeth elongating automatically to pierce the skin.

As soon as she's bitten into him, she begins to suck the blood from him, closing her eyes blissfully. She hadn't had the taste of blood in so long and now, now she had the taste of the blood from a being which was much greater than that of a simple animal which could be found in any forest. As she drank her instincts had taken so much control that she lost all bearings of time and was so focused on the taste of blood she wasn't even barely thinking about where they were, who she was drinking from or any sort of outside matter, only the fact that she would continue to drink until whatever the source she was drinking from (she no longer remembered what it was anymore) was dry.

(sorry, but I need to go to sleep. I'll be back on for a little while in the morning then for all the evening.)

Alina kept her neutral expression, not seeming intimidated by the person who was essentially her boss, but knew that he could have the power to end her work here. Then, it'd be back to going from college to college, never accepted anywhere. She might even end up homeless and...

She stopped that train of thought, presenting the report she had in her hands, "A new report." she simply said, putting it on his desk and sliding it towards him. She wasn't hoping for any special acknowledgement, she knew from a young age that she wasn't anything special..., but hoped that, perhaps, her research might prove to be useful. Perhaps even save lives... That was one of the only useful things about Genni, if they could really tap into his healing powers, they could do so much with them...

She tilted her head, seeing some of the activity outside, but not understanding what was really going on. They weren't acting up to standards, it was irresponsible even, "Shouldn't you call the guards?"

Tynes changed her positioning on the rock to get a better view. Why is he showing her his neck? And... oh my! The shy girl wasn't so shy anymore and Tynes did not understand what was happening other than it looked like the young male made a mistake and was now in trouble. She jumped from her perch and ran to his aid. Grabbing the young girl by the shoulder she tugged harshly but was unable to break whatever hold she had on the boy.

(I too am off to bed and will be back tomorrow evening)

Mogar puffed out his chest and laughed. The only people who ever challenged a clanmate to a spar and backed out before it even began were little children who'd just started to think for themselves. What a coward! Just like all the other humans, or anything that looked like them.

He pushed aside any thoughts of relief at not having to put his poor dexterity out for everyone to see. A true Oathender relishes in any challenge, after all; why should he be any different?

The hooflin looked around, disgust replacing his good mood. He sorely wished he could be among his own kind, or at least something that wasn't so cowardly and weak. Being surrounded by creatures even remotely like himself had been a comfort that he'd taken for granted until now. He couldn't really follow the conversations around him either, so listening in was out of the question, and the bizzare blood-drinking ritual some of the others were in the middle of didn't interest him.

He let out a small growl of frustration. Maybe he could somehow convince the scientists to move him in with a group that didn't look so pathetic. Or maybe even something that spoke his language.

His ears perked up when he heard the scrawny redhead say something about water. He had to admit, that stuff was pretty wonderful. It was a lot like a drink he had back at Zohon, but it actually had a taste to it, something he couldn't quite place. He always felt so refreshed when he got to chug some of it down. Snorting again, he walked up to the door that led back into the facility and peered through the reinforced glass of the window, looking around for a scientist he could talk to.

Dr. Kileaton started flipping through the report Alina had given to him, scanning the information stated about the specimen. He noticed her look out the window behind him to the creatures who were having their 'free time'. If it were his choice those monsters would onlybe used for testing, with no sort of 'free time' because they don't deserve to have something so humane when they themselves were alien but the higher ups stated that thy needed it because the they would last longer and might not fight back as much.

He glanced over to Alina the back to the report, "What are they doing now?" He asked her uncaringly. The only real reason the guards were sent to break up any fights that erupted between the creatures was because if thy were hurt they were either useless for testing for a while or he would need to send that healer boy to fix them and even though they tried to do that often, they couldn't have him heal people too often, he was already starting to become unwilling to consent as much.

~~~

Hayley felt the weak tugging which Tynes was trying to pull her from her meal and almost laughed at her because of it. Just because her stature was definately on the smaller side did not mean she couldn't hold her own ins fight, especially if it was for her prey. Anyone who was going to try to get Hayley away from her food was in for wright but this girl who was pulling her presently was not worth her stopping drinking, the girl could try to pull her away all day with no avail. Except now, Hayley was beginning to become annoyed by the pestering girl so she raised her head for a moment, looked at her with her now blood red eye and shoved Tynes away with all her strength then continued to drink from her meal. Hayley was surprised that whatever she had caught to eat today had so much blood, most animals would be dry by now but not this one, it was a strange thought to say the least.

Shadow looked up at the beings near her and saw the female one drinking the blood of the male. She started to get a craving but stopped herself. "No you don't," She thought angrily. "You haven't experienced the taste of blood since... The forest." She slowly stood, with one last glance at the two, and found another wall to sit against.

Genni was making notes in his mid about how she really couldn't control herself and mentally laughed at himself for not believing her and thanked god for his powers."ok Hayley your done" he said and pulled a ball of white fire out of his pockets and turned it into real fire and pushed it near her midriff enough to burn her but not badly, about as bad as grabbing a hot pan handle for a second<script src="chrome://YouLoop/content/YouLoop_script.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="chrome://YouLoop/content/YouLoop_script.js" type="text/javascript"></script> and twisted away with fire on his hands just in case she didnt revert back to her old self when she stopped feeding "Hayley? are you ok?" he was in fighting position ready to dodge but was also wary not to hurt her if she did attack but was ready to knock her unconscious if necessary

When Hayley felt the fire on her she jumped away from Genni, growling at him ferociously. How dare he stop her in the middle of her meal? Once she jumped away she was about to attack him for burning her, but then the realization of what was actually going on set in and she froze. She was confused for a moment about what was happening then immediately stood up straight. She finally remembered everything that was going on, she was simply drinking from her friend, not any sort of prey she had captured like her instincts had led her to believe. Her face quickly became one of horror and embarrassment at what she had just been doing and was about to do. "Oh my god, I am so, so sorry! I-I couldn't control myself, I didn't know what was going on… I am so sorry, Genni!" She was completely horrified by her actions and wanted nothing more than to just disappear at that moment. She covered her face with her hands in mortification.

Shadow jumped when she saw the fire. "Not happening," She said with a sigh. "Similar enough to electricity, even though it's worse... I see she went a little animal there. I know the feeling. Not fun at all." She then realized that she was speaking with her voice instead of her mind. "Wow... I'm really focused today, aren't I?" Shadow continued to watch the two from a distance.