Taken

Nova's voice suddenly came from the speakers.
Is it working? ! Oh i hear it.

He took a deep breath before continuing to speak.
I am the one who opened your cells.

Everybody, my name is Nova. I guess this is not the best occasion to meet new friends, but it's still a pleasure to meet you all.
I can only imagine how tired you must be, how much pain and sorrow you had to endure since you were brought here. Some are probably too tired to even stand right now.
Please... listen to me... We still have a chance to turn the table. There is still a way to return home.
But sitting around and waiting for something to happen will not change anything. Some of you will not like to hear this, but it is time to fight. It is time to fight back and forge your own path.

It will not take them long to find out what happens, no matter how well we hide.
But... I will not let them take me, or any single one of you. I will fight them back with everything my body has left. I want to protect my friends, and even our world. But i can't do this alone. This is why i ask... no. I beg you all to lend me your strength. Don't just do it for me, but for you as well.
No matter what happens, everything is better than to wait here and die for their so called "tests". The suffering has to stop, and it will stop today!
We have the advantage on our side, so we will attack them first. We will attack before they have the chance to take even a single one of us into those cells again.

Tynebris, a dragon, is currently fighting in the courtyard, but he will be outnumbered soon.
Tynes and Heyley will go to the basement to free more of our friends. This is the only area i can not take care of right now.
Please support them with everything you got.
Once we are ready, i will open a path that leads us back home.

It will be a grueling battle, and i'm sure you all are exhausted. But i don't want to have any regrets. I don't want anyone to regret this day.
I know that some of you hold grudges against other races, but right now we are not vampires, dragons, elementarists or anything else. We are comrades.
So just this once. I want you guys to give everything you got. Let us show them that it's not only our powers that makes us special, but our very souls as well!
All who feel the same way as me, Rise and Shine!
The transmission stopped after his last sentence.
Nova took some time to take a deep breath again. He hoped that they would have listened to him. No matter how hard he would fight, without their help this would be a failure. By putting his very soul into his words, he tried to reinforce their spirits. No matter if it would have worked or not, he at least tried now, so all that is left is to go to the storeroom where the important items are stored. His pendant, and the second one are there. He felt that this would be his only chance so no matter what happens now, it was time to go all out.
((End of theme))

You... What are you?
Can't you tell by now? I am more of a human then you guys, not more, no less.
Nova was about to hit him again, but stopped and put him under a table.
Pretend to be asleep before i change my mind.
The guard looked surprised at him, but then did as he said. For the other guards, it would look like he was knocked out.

Nova left the room and headed one more time through the hallways. By now, they were flooded with guards. He did not stop to move toward them though and prepared his fists. His eyes showed his determination.
My name is Nova. I am sometimes called "the blue flash" because i appear, strike quickly, and vanish again. Today i will free my comrades from the darkness you brought upon them.
Watch me. Watch me how i live up to my nickname!
The inhibitor ring that was supposed to keep his powers at bay shattered away like glass and nova released his true powers. His whole body was surrounded by a blue and white aura.
The guards are intimidated by this. After all, he never showed anything like this during the tests.
They began to shoot at him, but their weapons fell apart after some shots. Nova's sabotage really paid of.
A smirk came to his face as he saw how surprised they were at the fact that his aura deflected every single bullet.
My turn.
He began to fight his way through them with hand to hand combat. For some reason he doesn't use his abilities yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: xRyux
Tynes went out into the hall first so she could protect Hayley while she ate. Guards had heard all the cell doors and then Nova's announcement and they were starting to flood into the halls to re-take control. Tynes stood there, her eyes fixed on the guards as they appeared around the corners coming from two different directions. The air began to pick up around them as if there was a door to the outside open letting in a draft. Her hair began to swoosh and she dropped her arms down to her sides with her palms facing forwards. There were blue glowing marks on her palms and face and her eyes glowed a bright icy blue. The guards paused slightly but still cautiously advanced with their weapons drawn. She smirked a little at their hesitation, she wasn't a nothing after all. With one wave of her hands, one pointed down each hall, the guards were picked up and thrown backwards into the walls behind them hard from the tornado like force of air that hit them head on. "Quickly, we must get down that hall and to the stairs. We don't have much time."

Hayley was confused when Tynes suddenly grabbed her hand then dragged her off but just went along with it out of curiosity. As they drew closer to the kitchen, due to her hightened sense for hunting, she was able to smell it before she saw it. When they reached it her eyes widened at the sight of the meats. She immediately broke away from Tynes and ran towards it. She may have gotten blood before but meat was the second best thing for her.

She quickly scarfed down as much of the meat as she could before she even realized it. Once she realized how much she had eaten however, she stopped. She had always disliked her carnivorous side because it had he self control and she wa pretty sure that if one of the others had tried to intercept some of the food she was eating, they would not leave that without a scratch. She was just glad that A) no one did try to and B) the meat was meant to and at least slightly prepped to be eaten.

She froze when she heard Nova's announcement and that is what brought her back to reality. She shook her head to rid her mind of her immediate thoughts of the food in front of her. She was then able to hear the guards rushing down the halls toward them. She tensed, getting ready for the first wave of fights then ran toward the door and with the real meat running through her she was much faster than before, all of her actions were stronger and faster now.

By the time she reached the hall and Tynes, the guards were already midair and hit the walls. She was shocked at the extent of her friend's power. She looked to Tynes with a smile. "Great job." She complimented her then they both took down the halls and made it to the stairs before the next wave of guards approached them. She quickly glanced around for something she could use against them and saw a long metal bar that stuck out from the wall. A smirk came onto her face and she quietly muttered one of her spells which tore the bar from the wall and wrapped it around the soldiers from the forward back. It knocked the guns from their hands with only minimal bullets being shot. The bar was then heavy enough, once she loosened the spell's hold on it, to force all of the guards onto the ground.

"Let's go." She nodded her head toward the stairwell and glanced around the halls to check if more were coming.

She smiled, her eyes dimming back down slowly to their normal color, following her friend down the halls. She noticed how quick she'd gotten and then watched her magically handle the metal bar. The meat had worked which made the Lathlanian happy. When they reached the stairs, Tynes started down trying to picture the map in her mind. Her brother was going to be down here, or so she hoped and they didn't have much time to find him or any of the others that may be down there. Feeling anxious, she darted down the hall without looking and ran right into a guard knocking them both down.

She yelped and tried to scurry away from him but he reached out and grabbed her and pulled her back.
"What are you doing down here...huh?"
She flailed about with her legs while her hands tried to un pry his grip around her waist. "Hayley, stay back, hide. I will be okay. Find Keaen." She knew Hayley could understand her and hopefully the spell was centered on Hayley so the guard wouldn't and only hear a jibberish language. The guard of course had recognized her and knew she was not to be harmed, but then again there was literally a prison break going on and he didn't have time to deal with her so he drug her into a back room and threw her down on a chair with a harsh thud and reached behind and pulled a pair of handcuffs from his belt but he would be getting anywhere near her to put them on.

Hayley had ran after Tynes when she took off down the hall then stopped just after she turned the corner to see Tynes and the guard. She was already reciting a spell to get rid of the guard when her friend spoke. Luckily she had limited the spell earlier so it was just she or one of the others from their group that could understand her (it would take too much strength to allow everyone to understand her and in Hayley's current state, it was more strength than she could afford to loose at the moment). Because of this the guard could not understand her.

Hayley bit her lip and debated between helping her friend and doing as she said. Her choice was made when the guard started to look in the direction Hayley was, she flipped back around the corner before he could see her. As Tynes was brought into the back room she glanced at the door worriedly but knew they would not kill her and judging by the fact that she had been able to take down two squads of guards in the halls back at the kitchen, she would be able to take care of herself.

With this thought in her mind, Hayley ran down the halls and followed her senses to find the ones being held prisoner here. None of their group had ever been down here before so no one knew where exactly they were being held. It wasn't all that hard anyway, she just had to follow the screams and groans of pain. There were actually not that many guards down in this section but she figured that was just because the ones down here might be on a different She was able to find them quickly since she was twice as fast as normal. She ran down one last hall, the screams echoing down it eerily then pushed opened the door to reveal about five creatures that she saw.

They were all by their wrists and the chains that held them were then connected to the ceiling. Some were standing but most were on their knees with their hands forced into the air by the length of the chain. There were wires connected the different parts of their body like their head, chest and arms. These either fed the electricity they produced to the circuitry of the buildings or it showed their heart rate and other medical things Hayley did not understand.

She was not sure which one was Keaen so she just ran to the first prisoner and held her hand over the chains that bound his wrists. After a moment and a spell the chains released him. Hayley was bent onto her knees beside him and was able to catch him because he was off balance by the sudden release. She steadied him and, after being sure he was steady again, she moved onto the next girl and did the same. The people who were held here were of many different worlds, one covered in fur, another was a creature that she did not know nor knew anything about, most were humanoid but with slight changes be it their hair or skin color or an added feature.

Ryu was locked up inside a room that seemed to be a boiler room. Many metal tanks of water stood there.
As long as he heated the water up, he was given food and water.

But now he heard the noises. Something was happening outside. He got up from the ground and knocked some dust of his clothes, as he moved toward the door.
A guard tried to stop him, but was beaten down with a single punch. Now that something was finally happening he had no more reason to do what they told him.

He knocked and kicked the steel door to get some attention from outside.
Hey! Let me out already!
Move your butt over here Nova!

Nova managed to take down every single guard down that came in his way by himself. His glowing aura was used up though and he returned to his usual strength.
He reached the storeroom and blasted the door apart. It took less time then to use the key card.
Inside, he found various objects that were not from this world. A empty book that seemed to be more though, a large double edged sword, his own shortsword and the pendants.
(I knew it. This is the reason why we are all here... no. It is only a tool. They are responsible.)
He took those things with him and went out to the basement. It will take him a while to get there though. He carried the longsword in his right hand, the book in his left, his own sword on his waist and the two pendants around his neck.

Hayley had just freed the last of the creatures she had seen when she heard another voice coming from behind a door at the other end of the room. She walked over to it curiously and when she realized it must be another person that was kept down here she ran over and called to the person behind the door, "I would step back it I were you." She then whispered, "adflari in hoc comminuet." and raised her hand for her open palm to face the door and a blast of light shot out and knocked the door off it's hinges. She peered into the small room. This looks like the boiler room I guess… she thought to herself then her eyes came across the man who she assumed was the one calling out considering the only other person in there was an unconscious guard. "Are you ok?"

Tynes was able to make short work of the guard that grabbed her, leaving him gagged and handcuffed to the chair as he was going to do to her. She grabbed his key card and looked at him very angrily and concentrated on a phrase she had been working on for some time in case this moment ever happened. "Where is my brother?" The guard just looked at her confused having been told she couldn't speak the human language nor understand it. The guard answered, but it was muffled due to the gag so she removed it so he could talk. "You'll never find him" he said and spit at her. She slowly clenched her hand realizing at that moment, she couldn't understand the guard so even if he told her anything she wouldn't know it. Searching the room she found an evacuation map on the wall in case of a fire. Ripping it off the wall she took it over to him and asked him again. "Where?" She put a marker in his mouth so he could make a mark which he spat out making her angry.

Her eyes stayed normal but the markings on her palms began to glow again and slowly she made a fist and the air around the guard became very thin and he could no longer breathe well. She had literally moved all of the air from around him creating a bubble with no air around the guard. He gasped several times and then motioned his eyes for the marker. She picked it back up placing it back in his mouth and let the air flow back into his lungs a little. He marked a room on the next level down. it was the only room on that level and wasn't on Nova's map. Her brows furrowed but she took the map, left the room and locked the door behind her.

She heard commotion down the hall and ran against the tide of weak and injured creatures headed topside that Hayley had released. She finally caught up with her friend who had just found one more boy but he didn't appear to be weak or injured making Tynes a little hesitant of him. Was he just really new or was he a fake to gain their trust? A failsafe of sorts in case something like this jailbreak did ever happen.

She tapped her friend on the shoulder and held out the map but not so the boy could see it. She pointed at the mark. "Keaen"

Ryu came out of the shadows and stretched, since he can finally move again. He wore metal shoulder plates and comfortable clothes. His hair was spiky and as red as a flame.
Yes, I'm fine. Thanks for asking.
Did Nova sent you?
He was not wounded and ready for battle. The only thing that stopped him was a bracelet that seemed to be similar to the one Nova had.

Hayley turned toward Tynes a smiled, she knew she could take care of herself just fine and she was right, thank the gods… She then looked at the map. There was a messy scribble on one of the rooms that she hadn't seen before. This was where her brother was? He must be very important to the labs then… She looked Tynes in the eyes, "Are you sure this is where he is?" She asked then faced the map, according to it there were stairs in one of the corners behind a door somewhere in the room...

When the other boy spoke up her head snapped up to face him. "That's good. And yes.. he did.. do you know him?" They looked a little similar, at least the fact that they both had strangely colored hair was alike anyway. She looked over his form and noticed that he really wasn't injured, at all. That almost never happened, Hayley actually had thought it never did until she met Tynes, but she had a special circumstance so what was with this guy?

All Tynes could do was hope that the guard had not lied to her. Her heart wanted to believe him and her gut was telling her she needed to look or she'd never forgive herself if they didn't find him elsewhere. "I can't be certain, but it is what the guard said and" she paused "he had a very compelling reason to tell me the truth" she smiled a bit. It felt so good to be able to use her powers again. She'd hidden them from the guards and staff for over a year and for several months she had wanted to just break out with them like an itch you can't scratch. "I have to see, I know you understand." She knew Hayley would have done the same to find her sister. "I also know we are running out of time so I understand if you need to get to the meet up point with everyone you have released." She thought about that for a moment and looked over to the boy. "According to this there is a door somewhere in this room. Have you seen the guards use a hidden door or passage in this room?"

Hayley was curious about what these 'compelling reasons' were but thought it would be best to not ask, at least not at this time. They were already probably a bit behind and asking would just slow them down more. She nodded and had a small smile on her face because she did understand why she had to see of her brother really was there. She knew exactly what Tynes meant and she would be in her place at the next labs they were going to go to until she found Kylea. She would do anything to find her sister and knew that Tynes felt the same way about her brother. "All right." She then peered into the room she had found the other boy in then walked in after she couldn't make out very much. She ran her fingers over the back wall since it seemed the most likely to hold some sort of 'secret door' in order to see if she could feel any cracks in it.

Once Tynebris reached the courtyard the dragon hides somewhere to first analyse the new surrounding. It's most probably no secret now that there is an attempted breakout. The dragon, once finished analysing, waits for one of the guards to come too near so that he can use the element of surprise.

Tynebris waits a bit and fortunately one of the few guards come too close and Tynebris leaps at him and kills him with a well placed bite to the neck. However, there are more than just one guard and they were alerted once Tynebris got active. The guards, who spotted Tynebris, run closed to have better accuracy on such a little target such as the dragon.

Once they were close enough to easily kill Tynebris, the dragon leaps at one of the guards, catching them again by surprise. Tynebris killed another guard, leaving the other one in shock. Just before the still alive guard wanted to fire at the dragon, Tynebris breathed a small flame, scaring the guard. Suddenly out of the flame bursts Tynebris aiming at the guard's neck. The dragon kills the guard instantly, but the other guards noticed it and called in reinforcements.

(( I hope this post of mine is fine. If not please tell me what I should change. ))

I guess you could say that we know each other. It's a long story.
Ryu thought that it wouldn't be a good idea to tell them that he and Nova are rivals, so he kept it secret.

Ryu followed the two girls. First: because he had no idea how to get out and second: because he wants to retun the favor.
I know where that door is. Let me get the universal key.
He went to the wall with a grin on his face, where the pattern was differend. He put the fingertips of his right hand on the wall, focused his power and blasted the wall with a single strong it into thousand pieces. As the dust began to set down he laughed a little.
knock knock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tynes was both impressed and thankful for the boys help although she stayed slightly skeptical for a reason she wasn't quite sure of. Why would they put a creature in the room with a secret door to the most secure part of the complex? It didn't make sense to her.
"Thank you" she said but knew he probably couldn't understand her so she followed it with a slight smile. She waved her hand around and carefully stepped over the rubble from the blasted concrete and then headed down the stairs as quickly as she could. The girl knew they were running out of time and that Nova didn't appear to be the kind to wait long but she needed to see if the guard was telling the truth. At the bottom of the stairs was a long corridor and she could see a guard running up having heard the explosion. She quickly threw him into the wall like the others with a wave of her hand knocking the man unconscious. The first door was a breakroom for the guards and held nothing special. The next door was locked, She used the key card she had removed from the other guard upstairs and the door clicked.

Another wave of the hand and the door flew open so that if anyone was trying to come through it they would be knocked down. The room glowed with an all too familiar brightness and her stomach immediately knotted up. She ran in letting out a loud gasp at the sight before her. Her brother was chained to the wall by his ankles and wrists as he sat on a very small chair for minor support. There were wires imbedded into his skin that ran up to the ceiling and over to a large machine and other wires in various places watching his vital signs. His eyes were closed but she could hear his heart beat on one of the monitoring machines. She looked to Hayley and the other boy as they entered the room.
"Can you do something with the chains?"

Tynes turned her attention back to her brother as both of her hands cupped his face and she spoke to him softly.
"Wake up, Kaean. My brave brother, I'm here. You need to wake up so we can get you out of here."
It was all she could do to hold back the tears but right now she needed to be strong for her brother and not show weakness in front of the others. Her eyes went to the wires but she wasn't sure if pulling them out would be a fatal mistake. Her brother slowly opened his eyes. He was very weak. They had been draining his energy as fast as his body could produce it.
He spoke in their native tongue. "Tynes? What are you doing here?" He shook his head and laughed. "You're not my sister, you're just another illusion. My mind is playing tricks on me again." He laughed some more. "It is me Kaean! We are going to get you out of here, tell me how to remove these wires?"

She looked back seeing that they were getting ready to do something with the chains so Tynes shielded her brother the best she could just in case it was anything like the door upstairs.

Hayley ran after Tynes as she went down the halls in a flurry. When she finally made it to the room Tynes was already by a boy who she could only assume was Kaean, her brother. He did not look very good, in fact he seemed to be worse off than a lot of the others she had seen. He never got a break between sessions that were meant to drain their energy like the rest of them, in fact, he had probably been stuck there since he was dragged down here. She swallowed the revolt she had for these so-called 'scientists' and went over to him. She could tell Tynes was close to tears at this point so she didn't say much. She placed her hands in front of her, her palms facing the chains then closed her eyes. She quietly whispered in her native tongue which she rarely speaks in except for a spell, "Allibera't aquest pobre home de les saves cadenes." With that the chains shattered off of his wrists and arms then fell to the ground with a soft but echoing clang.

She then walked over to her friend and placed a comforting hand upon her back. "I got the chains off. I'm not sure about the wires but they seem to be safe to remove." With that she looked over her shoulder to the boy they had just freed. "What have they been doing to him?" She asked, her voice hard.

With the chains gone, Kaean's form slumped and he let out a groan of pain from the sudden change in position. His arms having been above his head for so long that to move them hurt. Tynes did her best to catch him and support him, lifting him up. Her tattoo marks began to glow again while she concentrated on using the air to lift him and support some of his weight until one of the others could help get his other shoulder. "He's a little delirious but we need to get out of here and meet up with Nova and Tynebris." She looked at Hayley, a brief smile of relief that they had found him crossed her lips before her look went back to concentration mode. While he was semi-supported by the air current she had going, she removed the wires causing him to scream when each one was removed. She cringed, but it was necessary. Finally when all the wires were removed, leaving small bloody wounds, she picked him up under one shoulder and started for the door. The sooner they got out the better.

For those outside if any were looking up, they would notice an unusual wave travel through the security shield on the dome and the grid was less bright.

Hayley quickly moved to help Tynes with her brother's slumped form and helped to carry Kaean out. Once they exited into the hallway, out of the basement, she looked around. "Let's go outside, I'm not sure where Nova is and it sounds like Tynebris might need some help." She told them judging by the sounds of a fight that echoed down the halls from the doors which led out to the courtyard.