Taken

Name: Sabisstra Torndar
Race: Drowstar
Personality: Sabisstra has always been 'cold' towards strangers. It has been her nature since a young age considering the type of community she was raised in. The women were considered above the men in the community, having dark mysterious powers of being able to manipulate the shadows to her will and take upon the form of most animals the women were held above the men. The men could only change forms, not manipulate shadows or any other substance.
Family/friend(s) taken with you: None, all of the others escaped.
Power(s): Manipulation of Shadows to her will (She just has bad control over it, like it'll happen when she gets upset on accident etc.) and she can take on the form of most animals.
Bio: Sabisstra had been raised to be one of the close "maids in waiting" of the royal families daughter. She had been beside the young woman since they were old enough to run the halls of the palace freely. Sabisstra had always had bad luck when it came to love. The men were unusually fearful of her due to her temper unlike the other women of her societ who were more calm and serene. When the scientists came they were originally after the princess, Ariel, but they snatched Sabisstra instead on accident mistaking her as the princess since they had switched garb so the princess could have a tryst with her secret lover. Sabisstra curses that decision still but is thankful at the same time.
Other: Sabisstra has long white hair, pointed ears like an elf, but her skin in grey like a drows. The Drowstar are ancestors of the Drows, they are more powerful and elegant looking than normal Drow in this world. Sabisstra has unique eyes though considering they are a lilac color unlike the others that glow at times. She is around 5'6".

[MENTION=2541]BleedingRose[/MENTION] Ooh, cool character, she's accepted! Just post in the rp whenever you can.

Okay, I will probably post later this evening after I spend some time with my mom for a bit. (:

Skelly:
Name: Amber
Race: Elven (looks same as human except shorter with pointy ears)
Personality: Sickeningly positive as a coping mechanism to living in such an awful place. A lot of people think she seems irresponsible, but she just doesn't care what happens to her anymore. Her positivity is a mask for her depression, knowing the fact that she'll probably never escape from this prison. She's very close with her family.
Family/friend(s) taken with you: Older brother and baby sister
Power(s): can transform into wind, has the ability to make people pass out with a sonic wind screech.
Bio: Taken at the age of six, Amber can't remember much outside of this cold place. She's adapted to living this way, since she can't remember anything else. She tries to think of it as a home, but the cold desolate halls make it hard to delude herself.

One day she was brought from her room and they performed surgery to try to enhance her powers. She gained the ability of a sonic screech, but lost her ability to talk normally. She has the ability to whisper in wind form, but it takes a lot of energy out of her.
Pic(s): <---- profile pic

[MENTION=3416]Amber Sant[/MENTION] Accepted! Just post whenever you can :)

Just told Echoing_Song about this! Hopefully she'll like it.

(for non-humans)
Name: Pain Twice Over
Race: He's a Trans, a transitioner between two types of creatures and a transferer of pain.
Personality: Withdrawn for the most part, he sticks to himself and his stories, letting who he truly is behind the mask show through in the words he writes. His mask, however, is who he has become since his first day at the lab. It's strong, emotionless, calm and unchanging. If one wants to know who he truly is, they need only read his stories, or break through the tough, calloused exterior to see the man beneath.
The man beneath is a man of kindness and courage, one who is tender and worried about those around him. He ignores his own pain and would take on others if he was given the choice, and often does take on that pain. Not all, but enough so the true bearer will survive, and often as risk of himself.
His schooling, as he calls it, consists of what he learned on the streets, and what books he could steal from the local library. Basic math, multiplication included, are not a foreign to him and he understands science decently enough to know that the experiments done on him and the others are advanced and complex. History was always his favorite and reading became an essential. But thanks to his time on the streets, he learned to survive, he learned to fight.
Family/friend(s) taken with you: Another Trans, by name of Danger, a friend of his from years ago. They hadn't seen each other in a while.
Power(s): He can cause pain to others with just a thought; no one is sure if it's emotion or lack of emotion that controls such. To go along with giving pain, he can also take that pain onto himself and bear it for the other person. His second ability involves death, to a certain extent; he sees the dead, talks to the dead, can even call the dead. It does have its drawbacks, however; he constantly sees the dead, and because of his power to cause pain, he feels the pain they felt while living. And a few of the dead are deaths he caused one way or another.
Besides that, he can transform into a Panther.
Bio: He was orphaned when he was a boy, fourty years old, by a fire that took his parents' and his brother's lives. He managed to save his father's dog-tags and his brother's leather bracelet; he couldn't save anything of his mother's. After that, he lived on the streets, learning everything he knows from the people he stayed with. When he was seventy, the lab found him and took him; after that, everything changed.
His first year was hard but not unbearable, because in that first year he developed his first ability with pain and took on his first name; Pain, because of what was caused to him and what he was often forced to cause others. When he was thirteen he developed his affinity to see the dead, and that slowly progressed into the ability that it is today; seeing, hearing, calling the dead. It wasn't till he was fifteen that he added Twice Over to his name, because by then he could double another's pain. He doesn't even remember his given name anymore it was so long ago, but it once was Derek Trey William; it's on his file the scientist have.
Other: Many of the other experiments fear him, because the scientist use him to force them to obey. His affinity for pain makes him a great asset, however unwilling. So, whenever the scientist need someone disciplined, they force him to do it by threatening to kill the others instead of simply harming them. They play on his protective nature to force him to do a lesser of two evils; and because of this, the others avoid him as best they can.
Pic(s): Cool-Military-haircut.jpg

(for non-humans)
Name: Danger Zabijak
Race: A Trans, like Pain.
Personality: He's a loner and prefers to work on his own. He's not much a team player, but he can be if he has to be. He puts on a brave face and rarely listens to the scientist; he's pretty sure he has the most scars besides Rogue, and that's only because Rogue has been there so long.
He is as defiant as he can be, even after he's had a spell, and when that happens, he's still strong enough to cause damage if he wants. He often rolls his eyes and prefers not to care about the others around him, even the other experiments. It's just who he is.
Family/friend(s) taken with you: A Trans, Pain, that he hadn't seen for years.
Power(s): Hyperadrenal- He possess extraordinary physical abilities that are activated by elevated levels of adrenaline. When Danger is in the "zone" he has high thresholds for pain and is unstoppable but when the adrenaline rush ends, he becomes listless and physically drained.
His second is simpler and less straining. Telepathy is an ability that, normally, would simply let him communicate with other humans, but because of his animal half, he can also speak with animals. It gives him a good dose of conversation in a place where conversation is little to none.
He can transform into a Cave Lion, an extinct species on earth.

Bio: He had a decent life until his parents started doing drugs and the state took him and his twin brother away. His brother got a real family; he got the lab. That was when he was seventy. His defiance they tried to break, but they found it harder than they originally thought. So, they hit below the belt; they knew where his brother's family was, and threaten to bring his twin here. He couldn't let that happen, and though his defiance is still there, he's pretty much broke from it.He developed his hyperadrenal self when they first threatened his twin when he was thirteen; he lost control and nearly killed one of the guards. Took ten guys to get him down and a tranquilizer was used to sedate him. The scientist started calling him Danger after that, and he added on the Czech word for killer when he was fourteen. After that, when he was sixteen, he found himself hearing voices and thought he was going crazy. But after two days, he realized it was only the others he was hearing. Thus came the start of his telepathy.
Because he could hear others, he heard the scientist, and started practicing the complex math and science equations in their heads to pass time. He became rather good at them and often can match the scientist problem for problem. He even understands the equations used to change himself and the other teens into what they now are.
His given name was Freemen John Anderson.
Other: His telepathy lets him talk to animals, because of that, he has a falcon as a friend that lives in a tree near the lab. The bird is pretty smart for a falcon and has a few witty comments of his own
Pic(s): tumblr_m2k96aG0h11rrrq8oo1_500.jpg

i'd like to do a scene where i get tested? is that ok? i want to actually play through a couple tests.....<script src="chrome://YouLoop/content/YouLoop_script.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="chrome://YouLoop/content/YouLoop_script.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

@Echoing_Song Accepted! I think you might be a little confused about the plot though.. their all basically aliens taken by the scientists from their world, they already had the powers before they were taken to the lab…
So, just jump right in whenever you can!

@spaceninja yeah, sure you can!

can anybody make new plot events, such as a guard coming into the room and saying a bunch of intimidating threats, or anything like that...

[MENTION=3416]Amber Sant[/MENTION] I am just about to now, sorry for the wait.

I'm not very good when it comes to testing scenes- I can do them they just won't be very good… so if anyone wants to take over when it comes to that, feel free! Please, for your own sake. Just tell me so I'll know I don't have to do them anymore.

I think I could do a test scene with someone, seeing as how I play a scientist.

Also, I hope my catch-up post is alright!

I'm game for some testing... if you like stubborn and uncooperative XP

[MENTION=2282]ForLackofaBetterName[/MENTION] Yay! thanks :) and yeah, your post is fine
There's two characters that are supposed to be being tested at the moment; Shadow and Hayley- you can chose what you want to do.

Would it be alright if I did one with Hayley? I can also do one with Shadow if needed.

Hehe, sorry bout that, there two old characters. Thought I changed their histories but I guess not.

I'll post first thing tomorrow, got an early class.

[MENTION=2282]ForLackofaBetterName[/MENTION] Yeah, that fine :) It would be nice if you could do Shadow too since the alternative would be a crummy part by me… But you don't have to if you don't want.
[MENTION=3593]Echoing_Song[/MENTION] it's fine, no problem. And thanks for the post

[MENTION=3592]Aislin[/MENTION] Don't hurt me ;_; XD! You can do the testing with Shadow, but it seems we're on at different times...