Taken out of the Loop

He turned the instant he realized she was falling, putting himself between the girl and the pavement. Instinct. Pure instinct told him what to do but at the same time the moon revealed itself on him as he lay there under her. His stomach twisted into a knot and he felt his body take a violent shuddering. "L-Lina, go, get to Yunji," he gasped out, his pupils slitting as he felt his muscles bunch together, wanting to change despite his minds screams of no.

"T-thanks, Mikial...?!" She noticed him shuddering pretty hard. "Hey, are you ok?! You look really pale!!" She rolled off of Mikial quickly and looked down to him. "Do you need me to get someone?!"

It was too late. He couldn't talk, his tongue was growing, his jaw was popping angrily in it's socket as it grew. He reached up with clumsy hands as he closed his eyes, tearing at his shirt until he lay there with only his pants on. He rolled away from her, growling as the pain hit him full force again. He growled loudly as there was a tearing sounds as his pants started to tear apart.

A pair of white ears popped out among his tangle of black hair that was slowly turning white. His face elongated, his arms turned bright white and then grew fur as they shifted into muscular forearms and then his hands turned to paws.

He pushed himself up onto his knees and paws. Slowly his back half changed as the moonlight stared down at him.

The last addition to his lower body was a white and black striped tail.

Golden eyes turned to her and there was a sadness in them that spoke leagues as the white tiger sat down and waited for the screaming.

Lina had jumped back when he started growling, no scream was heard, but a sharp gasp was. Her hands were cupped over her mouth and her eyes widened, and all she could do was just watch as he changed. She had never seen someone change into an animal. Lina continued to shiver as she watched Mikial go through excruciating pain. After his change, she had the realization that her protector pretty much turned into a Were-Bengal Tiger.

"Wh..." Lina tried to get the words out. "M...Mikial...?" Shaking, she started to lean forward and crawl towards him. But then, she heard people about to come out of the grill and started to freak out a bit. Her voice dropped to a whisper. "Mikial, this is no place to talk anymore, let's hurry out of here!" She said, standing up quickly.

He just stared at her with those sad eyes before rising to his paws and trotting over to her car and sitting next to it. His eyes flicted from her to Yunji that had appeared, breathless, besides Lina. "Ah, good, you've seen. Um, Why don't we take him to his house? He has some tea that he can drink that will force his body to return to it's male shape. Come on Lassy Lina, let's go," Yunji said, looking over his shoulder as the voices drew nearer.

"Hm?" Lina looked to where his eyes were staring and saw Yunji. "Yunji!" She listened to what he had to say and nodded. "All right, we don't have time," she got up and opened the back seat for Mikial, got into the driver's seat, leaving Yunji at shot-gun. She turned the car on immediately and once everyone was strapped in, drove out of the parking lot. "Where do we go?"

Yunji directed the woman as they drove, looking in the backseat to watch as Mikial tried to keep from falling over in the back seat at the turns. He sighed.

Eventually they came up to a decent sized house with a large yard. Mikial jumped out and trotted quickly up to the house and pushed over a potted plant to reveal a key that Yunji picked up and opened the door allowing Mikial to move in in silence. "Come on Lina, we will explain everything as soon as MIkial can calm down and drink his tea."

Lina just nodded, silent and still feeling the effects of shivering when she first saw Mikial change. Following him into the house, she followed Yunji into the kitchen. "Need me to boil some water...?" she asked. She started to go over to Mikial, standing near him.

"No, it is already made," Yunji said, pulling a big jug out of the refrigerator. Inside was a dark brow liquid that sloshed around with each movement. He then puled out a bowl and poured some in and placed it on the floor like he was feeding a simple house cat.

Mikial slinked away from Lina, his ears back, tail low. He'd screwed up. Slowly he started to lap up the liquid a disgusted look appearing in his human eyes.

She looked to Mikial and looked at him softly, wondering why he moved away from her. She couldn't help but think Oh...bless his heart... about the situation Mikial was in. She watched him lap up the tea and, for a split second, thought it was quite cute until she realized that the Bengal tiger was an actual person, her protector. "Hm..." Lina gave him a gentle pet before sitting at the table, watching him and Yunji.

Mikial flinched away from her pat and finished the rest of the tea. The effects began almost immediately. Slowly the process that she had witnessed before reversed itself. Soon he squatted there, naked, with ears and a tail--the only side effect of the whole tea thing. He rose and quickly walked out of the room. Thumps as he jogged up the stairs could be heard and then a door slamming loudly shut. Yunji sighed and rolled his shoulders before turning on the lights in the house and opening the refrigerator to pull out two beers. "Do you want one?" he asked.

Lina saw he flinched away and, sadly, retracted her hand, figuring that he didn't really want to speak at the moment. When Mikial changed back, she was about to say something. But she just stopped and looked away, "D-don't worry...i can't see anything..." she said, covering her eyes and blushing, embarrassed seeing Mikial naked. When he bounded up the stairs, she flinched from the loud slam. "O-oh..." she started to feel really bad for putting him through this tonight and really wished she didn't let her desires get the better of her. She did not want Mikial to be angry with her or feel downcast. Letting out a sigh, she declined Yunji's beer offer.

Yunji shrugged an dput the beer on the counter and started to search around for a bottle holder. He had just found it when Mikial returned to the kitchen. He froze as he saw Lina. He had honestly believed that once she knew he was okay she would leave. Why was she not gone? Wincing he slipped up to where his drink was and popped it open quickly, refusing the holder that the other man offered. "So, Now you know," he said taking a large swig. "Now you know why it would be better I keep my distance."

Lina heard the footsteps and looked up at Mikial. Immediately, her eyes went apologetic. "I..." she didn't know what to say, she felt like anything she would say would hurt Mikial badly. All she could do was nod at what Mikial said. "...hm," she squeaked out softly. She looked down at her knees and the floor. Gosh... she thought, Me and being stubborn...

Mikial's tears flicked one way and then another as his tail lashed behind him. "Listen, as long as you do not tell another person of what you saw, I can follow and protect you. the instant someone outside this room knows, I'll have to leave. No questions asked, just leave. I should leave now but to tell you the truth I like it here too much. I like-I like you too much to just leave you unprotected," Mikial said, gazing down into his beer before putting it down and started to prepare a meal out of the refrigerator. His hands moved quickly and sophisticatedly.

Lina agreed. "Not another soul will know..." She watched Mikial work on his dinner and rested her head in her arms on the table. She looked to Mikial and then back into a random space in the room

"...I'm sorry..." she whispered softly.

Yunji snorted out his beer and started to cough and laugh at the same time. "She's sorry she says!" he seemed to have been completely entertained by this statement for he stood there laughing as if he'd seen someone fall off a ball into a bit of balls.

Mikial turned to, frowning. "You are what?" he asked, incredulous. He put the stuff he had been holding down and walked over to her, slowly so that she knew he wouldn't hurt her. "Lina, why would you say something like that?"

Lina gave Yunji a glare that could cut through a tree trunk like butter. She then looked back to Mikial and soon the anger melted away into sadness. "Because I was so stubborn in wanting to be near you that...I didn't think about how you were feeling..." she began to look away. "When you had flinched away from me, I was afraid you were beyond angered at me..."

Mikial closed his eyes and shook his head, a small smile on his lips before he turned and went back to cooking his dinner. "Yunji, shut up. Lina, don't think like that. I was afraid you would be angry with me for being such as I am. Not that I have a lot of control over that but you know, people react weirdly to what I can do."

"Oh...?" She raised up to watch Mikial again. "Oh...I see..." she nods. "I'm definitely not angry at you..." she said with a faint smile back. She continued to watch Mikial fix his food.