Taken out of the Loop

Mikial looked around and sighed. "Lina, over the last thirteen years I have followed you, beaten up over one hundred men to the point of death, and legally stalked you. If you didn't report me you could get charged with criminal association or whatever it is," he said, drawing nearer to her as she moved closer to him. He could feel a pull that was almost too much to keep away from her.

"Just as they could easily charge me, I'm innocent until proven guilty aren't I? Besides...I wouldn't be a convict in that situation," she took a few steps further. "I'd be...a victim right? Lina continued to look at his face. "And then...you were protecting me...You fought because you saved me...wouldn't you be off the hook as well?"

Mikial closed the final distance between them, leaving only amount of room that had been between them when they had danced. "They wouldn't see it that way. I assaulted those men--even if it was in your defense, I am neither a certified bodyguard or a police officer. They would probably put me on death row. Or some such thing unless they-" He froze mid-speech and then shook his head. "Nah, they'd put me on death row. Listen, Lina. I'll stop following you. I just want to let you know that I never... I never followed you to spy."

Lina had finally had it. "But I don't want you to stop!!" In a split second she realized her voice got raised and she shrank away a bit, apologetically. "S-sorry...B-But I'm being serious...If you don't tell, I won't either! J-ju..." she didn't know to phrase that without it sounding weird and "wrong" but she continued anyway. "Keep...following...me...please..." It was snapping her heart in half as it seemed that Mikial thought that his following her around was irritating her. She just wanted to really get to know him...

Mikial gazed at her and then shook his head. "I'll keep following you Lina. I always will I think. There's very little that I want to do other than that anyway," he said before giving a sigh. He took a few steps back from her, the space between them being too small to not notice her lovely smell. Gold eyes shifted up to look at her. "I'll be there, even if you don't see me Lina. Don't worry about that." He turned to leave, raising a sad, pale hand if farewell. There went his job, and the place he lived at--knowing Yunji he'd spill that too if Lina asked.

Lina could not believe it. If this was going to happen, he'd pretty much be even more a ghost than he was before the confrontation at Luigi's Grill. She didn't want that. She didn't want that at all! She just stood there, watching him walk off. Why...Why?...Why?! She thought, on the verge of sad and frustrated tears. She finally just thought To hell with it! and ran up to Mikial and gave him a big hug from behind, being careful not to push him over.

"..I..." she began. Lina then began to find her words. "When you were following me before today...You were probably closer than you would be after tonight right...?" she squeezed him tighter. "If that's so then...Why do you have to be farther away?"

Mikial stumbled forward a little, but was kept upright by the young woman. She was touching him-grasping onto him. He looked back at her over his shoulder, frowning a bit. This wasn't going how he wanted it to. But had anything that evening? "Lina," he whispered, slowly peeling her hands from around him. He turned, his hands still on her wrists. "You don't know what you ask. I stay away so I do not hurt you when I protect you. I can be very dangerous when I'm fighting. If you are near when that happens and you get hurt-- That isn't what I want. I am here to save you, to protect you and that it is. If I come closer to you I-I'll only hurt you." He gave her half smile. It wasn't said in the self-unappreciative way that most people said it. It was said in such a way that it would be hard to believe anything else. "I do this without your consent and if I'm caught then you won't be charged if you can plead innocence. Which is what I want."

Lina was a bit rebellious when he first peeled her hands away but then in a split second let him. Lina stared up at Mikial and slowly grasped onto his hands. "Why...do you think you'll hurt me? You're fighting people trying to fight me..." Lina gripped a little bit tighter onto him. "Really...I'd give almost anything to fight a case like that and prove that you shouldn't be charged with anything if your saving someone else! I mean that! Even if it was someone else you were saving. If I know you and the other person, I would step in and bear witness still!"

Mikial sighed and let her hold onto his hands. "Lina, please, it is better for everyone if I don't have regular contact with you. Better for you. Better for Yunji," he said, shaking his head before looking up at the moon and sighed. "What do you want from me Lina? I'm a weird man that has been following you since you were ten. What could come of that if anyone found out hm?"

Lina looked down at their interlocked hands and softly rubbed her thumb across his knuckles. After a moments silence, she looked back at Mikial. "Who said...that they would find out?"

Her fingers running over his knuckles made him shift. Every second that she touched him made him shudder and lose focus. He calmed his breathing and focused on a spot just behind her until she asked a new question and his eyes flicked to hers. "Someone always finds out. Just look at Yunji."

"B-But..." she tried her best to back her reasoning. But she knew that it probably was still not a good enough reason. "Y-Yunji is Yunji, he's going to find out stuff regardless because he's just nosy like that! He's not everyone else!"

"Look, Lina," he said before stopping and looking at the ground--at their hands. "Lina, Little Lina, We shouldn't even be talking. I'm dangerous and bad and you should be back in there with Yunji trying to find a boyfriend. All I want is--Is for you to get what you want from life. I don't want you to get hurt. And I'll only hurt you if I stick close like I wa-like I shouldn't." He'd almost been about to admit that he wanted to stay as close to her as possible.

"I don't wa--..." She was about to say she didn't want a boyfriend and wanted him. But she knew that wouldn't really change the situation. Besides, she had just met him after goodness knows how long. That would probably seem just a bit weird...would it? Either way, it's a lost cause whether she admitted or not. She just continued to rub her thumb against his hands.

Mikial bit his tongue, wincing as he tasted blood--but it helped clear his mind of the feeling of her fingers running over his knuckles. But only for a split second. He felt the response bubble up in him. He was right there on the tip of his tongue, pushing, threatening to show her what he really was. He pulled his hands slowly away, breaking the contact. He shuddered as the moonlight that had been looking down upon them was temporarily shadowed by a dark cloud. He took a step back, making the gap larger. "What do you want Lina? Tell me what you want and I'll do it."

Lina looked at him back away. She knew exactly what she wanted from him. "...I...want you to..." her chest felt about to tighten. "To..stay near me..." She looked down at the ground a little bit. She realized that the moon's light went in the cloud and she shivered, wanting to run back to Mikial and cling on tight to him. She then looked back up with scared, longing, desperate eyes. "Please...Mikial..."

Mikial felt a hit to the gut as she spoke. He didn't need the moonlight to see her features. His eyes gave him that ability just fine so the scared and longing in her gaze did not escape his notice. He looked down and sighed. "You won't like it, I can promise you that," he said softly, ducking his head so that she couldn't see his face. "But if that is what you will Lina, I shall do it."

She blinked at Mikial, not expecting for him to agree with her request. Her eyes fell back to being soft, warm and relieved. She walked back up to Mikial and clung tight to him. "Thank you...Mikial..." she whispered. "Not just for giving your approval...But for saving me countless times over," When she finished, she smiled very faintly. She looked up at Mikial again for a few seconds before looking back down, nuzzling his chest gently.

There she was again touching him. He found himself wrapping his hands slowly around her, pulling her closer against his body. And then he felt it. The moon had reached the top of the sky; his emotions were already heightened; It was beginning. He hissed softly and pulled away from her, gritting his teeth. "Lina, go back in. Get Yunji to take you home. I have to go," he said, taking her elbow and quickly leading her towards Luigi's Grill again. If he didn't get her inside and with Yunji soon, his body wouldn't hold up.

Lina blushed softly at the embrace. When she heard his 'hiss', she blinked and was a bit startled when he dragged her back to the Grill. "E-Eh? Are you ok?" she asked, following him. But her feet couldn't keep up with his and she tripped on the sidewalk and onto him. "Ack!!"