Taken out of the Loop

Yunji nodded, watching her carefully. "Yes. I've been his friend for a long time. I was there to night that he saved you, though I stayed out of the light so you probably won't remember me," Yunji said, taking the drink that had been ordered. "You know, if you go now, you might just be in time to see him lean up against a car a few hundred feet away from yours and waiting."

Lina was a bit hesitant. She nodded though. She contemplated whether to look outside but finally softly said "Excuse me," and went towards the nearest window that showed the parking lot. She made it seem like she was getting her coat, but peered from behind her arm to see if Mikial was there.

Mikial didn't lean against the car. He was sitting on top of it, his pale skin light under the rising moon. He smiled up at it as he let his senses open fully, watching in his minds eyes as the girl he followed walked around Luigi's Grill. It had been nice--to hold and dance with the girl for barely four minutes and to talk with her for the first time in Thirteen years.

Lina began to look over a little prolonged now, blushing softly from how he looked under the light of the moon. She kept looking, blinking every so often. Lina began to be mindblown. After thirteen years, she talked AND danced with her protective stalker. In fact, she didn't really want to call him a stalker anymore. More like...a knight...Albeit this wasn't the orthodox fairytale, it surely could have been an original one made by life.

(that last part made no sense. I know x___x)

Yunji stepped up behind her silently and smiled a little as he saw his friend enjoying the moonlight. "You better go before he realizes you are watching him. If he finds out then he'll slip away and won't ever let you see him again if he thinks that you know who he is," the man said before turning walking away, having to find the woman's actions adorable.

"Oh?!" she was surprised from Yunji walking up like that. But she nodded, following him back to the table. "...Yunji?" she inquired. "Why can't I watch him back?"

"He doesn't do this for your appreciation. He once told me that he was so enchanted by your innocent and happy nature that day that he couldn't help but want to protect you," Yunji said with a shrug. "He has this black knight mental complex going on. He doesn't think it is wise for you to know him but he thinks its wise to protect you the rest of his days. Really I never understood it no matter how many times I've asked about it.

Lina blinked, trying to process the meaning of Mikial's reasoning. It started to make her a bit sad. Even though Mikial protects her with his life, she still couldn't know him. She took a sip of her now room temperature water. "I...see..."

Yunji sighed and took a sip of his own drink and shrugged. "I mean, you have to be firm Lina. If you want him to stop being a shadow, you have to tell him. Or you can let him remain a shadowy figure that will chase off all your boyfriends for the rest of your life," he said with a sigh. "Go girl, go get him if you want him. Otherwise let him stay out there like the dork he is."

That started to make her frustrated. Lina's brows furrowed. "Yunji, you just said not to confront him about it! What do you want me to do, dude!?" It was a strain to not slam her fist on the table. "Make up your mind, don't tell him or poor my heart out to him?"

Yunji laughed and shrugged at the girl. "What I want you to do is probably different than what you want to do; what you want to do is probably different than what he wants you to do. So go with what your gut says. Do you want him to remain a silent background character through your life or a potential hot lover?"

That was all she needed for her to bolt away from the table and to the coat rack to get her coat. Lina put it on quickly and ran outside. She stopped once she was off the walkway and into the parking lot. She looked to Mikial's car, hoping he was still there and still looking at the moon. "U-um..." she fidgeted a bit. She was so caught up in finding Mikial that she forgot to think about what she was going to say to him when she found him, if she found him.

Mikial sat on the top of the car still, blinking as she stood there, looking up at him. Mikial looked around for Yunji, sure that she was only out there because the blasted man had told her about him being there. Sighing he slid off the car that was not his and stepped over. "Can I trust you not to tell whoever owns this car that I was sitting on it?" he asked jokingly before dipping his head in farewell and started to move off at a slow, leisurely walk.

"Oh...uh...eheheh yeah..." Lina nodded. But when she saw Mikial about to walk off, she intervened.

"W-Wait!!" she yelled out, shrinking away a bit as that was pretty loud. She then looked back to Mikial and nervously asked him a question.

"Can...I walk with you?"

Lina wanted to smack herself across the face for that question. Surely Mikial would know that Lina knew something about him and then there went her chance to get to know him and thank him for protecting her. Stupid, stupid, stupid!! she thought to herself, mentally using herself as a punching bag.

Mikial paused and looked back at her. "Walk with me where? I was just about to head home. It's quiet a distance from here," he lied smoothly, turning to face her completely which caused shadows to cover his face since the moon was behind him. Only his gold eyes stood out, watching her from the dark.

"O-Oh...then uh...um..." Lina didn't know how else to get him to walk, talk, do anything with her. She had mixed feelings about this situation, most negative with sadness and frustration. Why did he have to be so cruel? She looked back up at Mikial only to get locked into his eyes again. Dang, those eyes were like traps.

"...Could we talk more before you go then?" she asked, attempting again to get him stay for a little bit longer.

Those gold eyes closed and his head tilted downward. "Yunji," he growled softly before looking back at her. "How much did he tell you Lina?" He was ready to run. ready to flee this unwanted interaction. She should never have met him, never have gotten to know him.

Lina then jumped back, she had let her guard down way too soon. "What? What did he tell me?" she lied, trying to not let him know that Yunji was blurting out the secrets. "Was he supposed to t-tell me something?" Lina tried her best to keep her voice and her body still, but Mikial made her really nervous. She didn't want him to run, she didn't want him to disappear. Lina felt so frustrated that the anger was rushing to her eyes in the form of tears. She should have just left well enough alone when she had the chance! She could have maybe visited him at Twist Turn and could've easily talked to him there. She then stopped that thought in her tracks because she knew the same thing would have happened. A million things raced through her head, but they were all centered around one thing.

Not wanting her knight to ride away.

"You have always been a horrible liar," Mikial said with a chuckle, "Drop the ball Lina. Tell me straight what that wonderful friend of ours Yunji told you so I know what I have to tell you to keep you from reporting me to every agency in the world." It was over. The game he'd loved playing was over and the minute she was done with him he'd leave. He'd still follow her but he'd do it at a further distance--one which would make sure she never ran into him.

"B-but...Mikial!" Lina looked up, looking almost desperately at him. "I don't want to report you! Why would I do something like that after you saved me?! That would make no sense!" Lina stepped a little bit closer to him, wanting to talk to him face to face and not all the way from the sidewalk.