Taken for What Reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Connor looked at the blade on the floor. Stretching, he slid the knife over with his foot. Slowly, he lifted it up to his Hans and sawed the ropes.

Lena was irritated, because there was no food in the house and she had to leave to go buy some from her own pocket.

Connor finished the job just after he knew she'd left. Then he saw bars on the Windows and he couldn't unlock the door, "Fuck."

Lena returned a short time later after buying only the basic necessities to survive the next month without starving and smelling.

Connor was trying to saw the window open, absorbed in the task.

Lena strolled casually into the room, a two sandwiches and bottles of water in her hand. She raised an eyebrow at his struggle, staying silent.

Connor kept making the dent larger until the door opened. He froze and the knife clattered to the floor.

"Having fun?" Lena smirked, offering the boy a sandwich and a bottle of water.

Connor took the food.and water, "as much as I can."

"I am not getting paid enough for this." Lena mumbled under her breath, opening her water bottle and taking a sip.

Connor handed her the knife, " this thing is worthless."

"It's a steak knife." Lena shot back with an eye roll, using it to cut her sandwich in half.

Connor sighed, "wow...failure on my part."

Lena raised both her eyebrowsand nodded in agreement, taking a bite of her sandwich.

Connor ate eagerly, "I'm not a threat."

"Yeah, I can tell." Lena laughed, unscrewing the cap of her water bottle and taking another gulp.

Connor sat down, "so how long do I have lot wait?"

"Your parents have a month to get the money. A minute after that and I'm supposed to ship you off to some foreign country." Lena explained.

Connor was thinking of a plan, "well, with your sexy voice that be hard."

Lena rolled her eyes, grabbing her phone from the table and checking her text messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.